THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 02 Jun 2024, 18:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dora will be the most damaged.  (Read 16772 times)

Faryshta

• Plantmonster
Dora will be the most damaged.
« on: 17 Feb 2009, 16:58 »

I suppose that from all this "Sven hurts Faye" Dora will be on the middle, and getting all the missing bullets.

When the kiddos (F & S) started their "whatever you call it" Dora let it clear to Faye that his bro is an ass, let it clear to Sven that Faye is an ass. The most important is that she pointed Sven that Faye is emotional unstable so he shouldn't hurt her or play with her. Also Faye haven't gone with her therapist since sooooo long.

She will have to team Faye and stop talking Sven or at least punish him (whatever that means) and also make her see her fault in all this.

And if you count the existentialism attitude of Mar-teen then you understand she has nowhere to run. When she got tired of fixing others life, who will she complain with? Penny? OCD girl? Pot Daddy? Been the only sane person around is fucked up sometimes.

She maybe shoot herself after fail in fixing others life's :-P

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
Re: Dora will be the most damaged.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2009, 17:08 »

When the hell was Dora the sane one?

Lyrical

• Plantmonster
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2009, 17:22 »

Also Faye haven't gone with her therapist since sooooo long.
I wouldn't necessarily assume that - Jeph established that she does talk with a therapist, but presumably only shows it in a cartoon if it is something important.  He doesn't show every single detail of each character's life - that would be boring.  :wink:

Faryshta

• Plantmonster
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2009, 17:38 »

The only bad moment on Dora (so far I know) as character was the recent fight with marten and the discussion she had with faye about she sleeping with his bro... the first time only.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2009, 18:29 »

We don't know how often Faye is seeing her therapist, but there's a good reason to guess it's infrequent. CoD doesn't pay well. How could Faye afford frequent talk therapy?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

championofkhorne

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2009, 21:11 »

Dora is a catch

tinkerbell

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2009, 07:32 »

We don't know how often Faye is seeing her therapist, but there's a good reason to guess it's infrequent. CoD doesn't pay well. How could Faye afford frequent talk therapy?

Depends on the therapist really... I have private health cover and mine still costs $89. Also it would depend on how popular her therapist is, it could be difficult to get even a weekly appointment.
But really, although Faye has issues, would this really be something that you would necessarily need a therapist to get past? I mean, people cheat a whole lot, and mostly you just have to accept that that person is an ass and move on from it.
Is anyone else predicting those little drunk bubbles will be around Faye's head before the week is out?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2009, 09:28 »

I would say that Dora is the most damaged, with the amount that she loves sex I haven't met a girl who isn't damaged.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2009, 10:06 »

perhaps the shrink is orchestrating the entire thing. or it could be aliens.............
Help bring back the dragons!

Lily125

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2009, 11:41 »

I would say that Dora is the most damaged, with the amount that she loves sex I haven't met a girl who isn't damaged.

Wait....what?  Are you saying you have never met a girl that isn't damaged or that if she happens to love sex that means she must be damaged?

championofkhorne

« Reply #10 on: 18 Feb 2009, 16:44 »

girls who love sex are just the right amount of damaged lol

Lyrical

• Plantmonster
« Reply #11 on: 18 Feb 2009, 17:21 »

People can get free or very low-cost therapy through local universities (grad students who are under supervision) or through the county public health clinic.  It's usually $5-20, from what I understand.

Kalibur

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #12 on: 18 Feb 2009, 17:25 »

I'm not sure. If Dora's angry enough and within the proximity of a baseball bat, I envisage Sven being way, way more damaged.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #13 on: 18 Feb 2009, 20:11 »

As in the goods are odd but the odds are good?

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #14 on: 18 Feb 2009, 21:43 »

Looks like it's gonna be Penny that's the most damaged.

With the Malaysian Battle Spatula.

championofkhorne

« Reply #15 on: 19 Feb 2009, 07:41 »

As in the goods are odd but the odds are good?

More or less, yeah

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #16 on: 19 Feb 2009, 09:39 »

Wait....what?  Are you saying you have never met a girl that isn't damaged or that if she happens to love sex that means she must be damaged?

I'll say it:  I have never met a girl who was incredible in bed who was also not more than a few beers short of a half-rack.

I could even theorize that the quality in bed is inversely proportional to the level of crazy.

This theory explains my former hobby of "stickin' it in the crazy."

So far, I have not yet found any exceptions to this theory in over twenty years.

This theory also has the corollary that when/if Hanners hooks up with ANYONE, it wouldn't surprise me if he puts up with ALL of her weirdness because the sex is THAT GOOD.

S
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2009, 10:12 by Mr. Skawronska »
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #17 on: 19 Feb 2009, 11:39 »

I have a theory about people who say that only crazy or damaged women are good in bed.

The ones who are sane and good in bed have standards.  Sexism isn't really a turn on.

Rocketman

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • A little bitter.
« Reply #18 on: 19 Feb 2009, 12:10 »

Girls who like me are damaged.  :-(

NeverQuiteGoth

• Curry sauce
    • The Raiden Saga
« Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2009, 12:58 »

This theory also has the corollary that when/if Hanners hooks up with ANYONE, it wouldn't surprise me if he puts up with ALL of her weirdness because the sex is THAT GOOD.

S

Oh geez.

Dude, the Hanners Fan Club doesn't need any help.
 :wink:

Yes, thank goodness we live in an enlightened society where we're horribly sexist to both men and woman in equal measure. >.<

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2009, 16:21 »

I could even theorize that the quality in bed is inversely proportional to the level of crazy.

I think you mean "directly proportional".

Inversely proportional - crazy go down, sex get good

Directly proportional - more crazy means better sexin'.

fifthfiend

• Larger than most fish
  • Huffalump
« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2009, 16:23 »

And Skawronska puts on the bearhat.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #22 on: 19 Feb 2009, 17:45 »

Except in a sarcastic manner, meaning it's a (hipster) ironic bearhat, no?

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #23 on: 19 Feb 2009, 20:12 »

I think you mean "directly proportional".

Inversely proportional - crazy go down, sex get good

Directly proportional - more crazy means better sexin'.

You are correct.  I knew the relation, I articulated it incorrectly.

The ones who are sane and good in bed have standards.

Next you're going to tell me Santa lives at the North Pole and the Easter Bunny is real, too.

Many crazy people sometimes don't think they're crazy.  And nobody thinks they're bad in bed, either.  Just something to chew on in the self-deception department.

And Skawronska puts on the bearhat.

No, no...really...I've given up on that hobby.

Really.  I have.  I have...ahem...no desire to...uh...

...oh gimme the bearhat, dammit.  At least since Hannelore's fictional I can't get into any trouble like Sven.

S
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2009, 20:26 by Mr. Skawronska »
"Social niceties are for those who can tell the difference between fightin' and fightin' words, son."

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!
« Reply #24 on: 20 Feb 2009, 00:08 »

Hey, I notice you deliberately omitted the part where I said that your posts were sexist.

SHOCKING FACT!!! WOMEN CAN ENJOY SEX!!!  WITHOUT BEING CRAZY AND DAMAGED!!!

It's scary, I know.  Maybe you should go open another bottle of whatever you claim is responsible for your obnoxious posting to cope with the shock.'

TheViscount

« Reply #25 on: 20 Feb 2009, 01:55 »

Dude, Hanners has OCD for germs and shit, she`s not going to be crazy in bed. Well she is, but not in the way you want, you freaks.

But I do agree, crazy chick = crazy sex. I mean, to some degree.

I don`t think Dora will get the shit end of this, if you`re talking about who will get the worst out of it. Dora will get her share, but I think Faye will be on the shit end and emerge stronger than before in the next arc.

Headwoünd

• Larger than most fish
  • DENIED!
« Reply #26 on: 20 Feb 2009, 05:05 »

The OP must be so delighted seeing how his point has grown into such a rich consensus.

Who wouldn't be, with all the 100% serious, objective and airtight (*WINK*) argumentation regarding crazy lady bombshells and their effect on the cock accompanied by people who need a trolling so desperately that they create their very own personal trolls.

I know I am. :>
I'll take a sausage superior to any burger ... AND EAT IT!

Aphanisis

« Reply #27 on: 20 Feb 2009, 05:59 »

Long-time/First-time.  If I can weigh in on this topic, I think I understand what you mean about girls' issues and sexual prowess.  But isn't it just as likely that this has more to do with some sort of sexist self-fulfilling prophecy?  To wit: You sleep with a girl who's really good in bed; at first it's awesome; then it begins to challenge your culturally-engrained Madonna/Whore belief that if she's enjoying it that much, there must be something wrong with her - she's morally corrupt or whatever you want to call it.  But the point is that her sexual enjoyment begins to define itself in your mind as evidence of craziness and issues.  Then, absolutely any non-sexual behavior of hers that doesn't fall into your definition of "normal" is exacerbated by the fact that she's highly sexual.

In other words, it's not that crazy girls are good in bed; it's that through the distorted perception of our borderline-misogynistic male egos, a woman being good in bed is evidence of her craziness.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #28 on: 20 Feb 2009, 06:00 »

Best LTR/FTW I've read in a while, Aphanisis.
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mr. Skawronska

• FIGHT YOU
  • Well-Dressed Cynic
« Reply #29 on: 20 Feb 2009, 07:14 »

Hey, I notice you deliberately omitted the part where I said that your posts were sexist.

You win a cookie.

In other words, it's not that crazy girls are good in bed; it's that through the distorted perception of our borderline-misogynistic male egos, a woman being good in bed is evidence of her craziness.

That's an interesting analysis.  And I won't deny that it could very well be true, considering I myself am male and I've got my share of distortions, some of them possibly misogynistic.

However,

I'd like to offer the theorem that a woman being good in bed (for that matter, ANYONE being good in bed) is the ability to abandon self-restraint and hedonistically enjoy pleasure.

This could also explain why sex for some folks is better when they're drunk;  Some people are just too uptight to enjoy sex because their own "nearly automatic" self-restraints prevent them from doing so.

Crazy folks, that is, folks whose behaviors lie significantly outside the statistical norm (whatever that may be as determined by both society and by the witch-doctors--er, I mean psychologists--of that society, indicate that possibly the level of self-restraint a person exercises/is capable of both affects what could be considered deviant behavior AND the enjoyment of sex.

Or it could just be simpler than that:  People classified as "Crazy" are folks who are more pleasure oriented, and thus, give and get more pleasure out of the act.

Boring is boring, in or out of bed.  It's just that being boring is considered "normal" in society, whereas being intense, creative, and volatile are traits of someone "unstable."

Alas.

S

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #30 on: 20 Feb 2009, 08:12 »

It's just that being boring is considered "normal" in society, whereas being intense, creative, and volatile are traits of someone "unstable."

I guess I move in different parts of society from you.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #31 on: 20 Feb 2009, 08:43 »

I don't know, I would at least be willing to stipulate that volatile people are considered unstable by society. And that society is largely correct, since the two words are near-synonyms.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

championofkhorne

« Reply #32 on: 20 Feb 2009, 12:02 »

Sexism is funny. Racism is funny. Social classicism is funny.

This has been true since the beginning of civilization and is not likely to change because some bitches who want to look like trash want all to get paid and treaded "equal" yet still get pissed when guys dont hold doors open for them or when we make jokes about women and they send us to a fucking class.

you wanna know why girls will never be treated equal, because they dont want to be treated equal they want to be treated like they are entitled to praise for having ovaries.

It is not going to happen, so grow a sense of humor

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #33 on: 20 Feb 2009, 13:52 »

Okay then Carlos Mencia.
Hate, rain on me

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #34 on: 20 Feb 2009, 17:42 »

I don't think you understood what I was saying.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #35 on: 20 Feb 2009, 18:28 »

And yet you failed to clarify.  You're awesome.

NoU

« Reply #36 on: 20 Feb 2009, 20:21 »

I fixed that for you!

Sexism is funny. Racism is funny. Social classism is funny. ...if you're white, male and middle class!

PS: Sorry, sugartits, but what woman are really demanding isn't just equal pay and having doors held open for them. What women want is respect. This has been true since the beginning of civilisation and is not likely to change.

sofiabailote

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #37 on: 21 Feb 2009, 07:58 »

(...)

It is not going to happen, so grow a sense of humor

If that's your definition of sense of humor, I wonder why you read QC...  :|

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #38 on: 21 Feb 2009, 08:05 »

I meant that her ladybits reminds people of Arby's.
I figured clarifying would ruin the joke.

championofkhorne

« Reply #39 on: 21 Feb 2009, 11:22 »

Sexism is funny. Racism is funny. Social classism is funny.

I fixed that for you!

Sexism is funny. Racism is funny. Social classism is funny. ...if you're white, male and middle class!

PS: Sorry, sugartits, but what woman are really demanding isn't just equal pay and having doors held open for them. What women want is respect. This has been true since the beginning of civilisation and is not likely to change.

yeah Firefox's spellcheck said it wasn't a word so i changed it.

well it must be funny to other people too cuz I see black, Hispanic, Oriental, Indian, Middle Eastern, and countless other comedians of other ethnicities making fun of white people.

must be a self-righteous thing.

and women started respecting men when, exactly?
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2009, 11:30 by championofkhorne »

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #40 on: 21 Feb 2009, 21:05 »

I meant that her ladybits reminds people of Arby's.
I figured clarifying would ruin the joke.

What's so wrong about that? Who the fuck doesn't love Arbys? They are wonderful, and if something reminds you of something that is wonderful, it must be wonderful as well. That is how it works.

Also, I want a beef and chedda' right now
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #41 on: 21 Feb 2009, 23:47 »

Right, but I don't like filling out loan paperwork just to buy some goddamn sandwiches.

Arby's is fucking expensive.

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.
« Reply #42 on: 22 Feb 2009, 14:46 »

I would sell my first born child for a dozen beef n chedders. No lie. And I would be happy, as working retail has bestowed upon me a hatred of children that now runs to my very core
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #43 on: 22 Feb 2009, 17:47 »

The trick is to take the survey on the receipt.

Free roast beef or beef and cheddar.

Then, when you redeem that, order some fries or something with it, and pay with a CC. Then, they'll give you another receipt... which has yet another survey invitation.

I don't think I've paid for a sandwich at Arby's in months.

championofkhorne

« Reply #44 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:12 »

they do the same for us

emmaleigh

« Reply #45 on: 23 Feb 2009, 19:14 »

they do the same for us

You're doing it again.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #46 on: 24 Feb 2009, 11:28 »

It's alright, all he can think of is blood for the blood god.

SleeperCylon

« Reply #47 on: 24 Feb 2009, 13:23 »

I don't like the idea of labeling people 'Damaged'.  It comes off to me as a way to blame somebody else for problems they have with you by blaming their past.  'It's not my fault, something messed them up!'  Also an excuse not to be understanding.

Dora's insecure and has some obvious issues, but I wouldn't really call her 'damaged'.  If anything this might help her get over her inferiority complex she has with Sven.

Faye's the one that's going to come out most hurt.  If she started the strip out 'damaged', she was just in the process of being repaired, and this sets her back.  From her perspective, another man she cared about decided she wasn't good enough to stick around with.

reverie

« Reply #48 on: 24 Feb 2009, 13:58 »

I have a theory about people who say that only crazy or damaged women are good in bed.

The ones who are sane and good in bed have standards.  Sexism isn't really a turn on.

This.

I don't know how you all are defining "crazy" or "damaged," but to equate a woman liking sex with either of those words is so ridiculous I'm surprised people actually think it's true. Given that we're physiologically structured to enjoy sexual activity, feeling pleasure when you're sexually stimulated by someone you're attracted to seems like the most natural response.

Any definition of "sane" that excludes half the world's population from enjoying sex is, well, laughable (even leaving aside my personal experience that being mentally balanced and having sex go hand and hand).

Faryshta

• Plantmonster
« Reply #49 on: 24 Feb 2009, 14:19 »

I don't like the idea of labeling people 'Damaged'.  It comes off to me as a way to blame somebody else for problems they have with you by blaming their past.  'It's not my fault, something messed them up!'  Also an excuse not to be understanding.

Sometimes I agree with you is personal fault. Others are from outside actions.

By example someone walks street a car loose control and smash him.

This is one of such cases, were the circumstances will hurt Dora since she will have to support Faye and disagree with Sven. She will be on the middle of two lunatics fight.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up