THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 08:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolutions TWENTY TEN !  (Read 12624 times)

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
Resolutions TWENTY TEN !
« on: 29 Dec 2009, 07:52 »

Coming to the end of another year, do you have fresh dreams for the new year?

For reference here is the 2009 thread, did you fullfil your resolutions? Quote them!

My major resolution was to be less judgemental of people. I think I've fullfilled it to a degree, but I could be more consistent. One of my resolutions for 2010 will definitely be to be less judgemental, more forgiving, more friendly and less hot-headed.

I'm drafting resolutions for the new year now. Need to sort them out in my head. I'd like to know also, why you make those resolutions, how you're going to keep them, what changes you hope for / expect in the new year.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
Re: Resolutions TWENTY TEN !
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2009, 08:04 »

I have been planning for my resolution to be 'stop drinking' but that is slowly turning into 'drink less'. Anyone have any hints how to deal with other people when stopping to drink? Cause I think I can have fun when I'm not drinking, it's just whether other people will look at it that way?

I dunno, really, I want to spend a lot less money.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2009, 08:13 »

Ok so I didn't make any resolutions last year so maybe I will try this year?

1) Get my driver's license. I only have 17 more hours to get on my learner's permit and if I don't get my licence by June I have to do another 100 hours so Fuck. That.
2) Lose some weight. Ideally I'd like to lose about 20kg but that probably isn't going to happen in a year unless I go vegan or something (not going to happen). Basically I'm just going to have to start eating healthier and actually exercising instead of, you know, not exercising. Might join a gym, who knows.
3) Get started on my sleeves.

It is super easy to not drink. Or at least it is if you have no investment in it. Like, if you can handle not drinking while all your friends are drinking then it's easy. If you can handle drinking when everybody you know is a drinker then it's easy. If you can handle not drinking even when everyone you meet is all "oh you don't drink? Why don't you drink? HERE HAVE A DRINK!!!" then it will probably be ok.

I haven't had a drink for like 5 years and my best friend, my brother and my parents still always ask me if I want something from the bar when we're at the pub. It's not a running joke either, they are just super-disappointed that I don't drink. Be warned, some folk will take it personally.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2009, 08:16 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2009, 08:30 »

It is super easy to not drink. Or at least it is if you have no investment in it. Like, if you can handle not drinking while all your friends are drinking then it's easy. If you can handle drinking when everybody you know is a drinker then it's easy. If you can handle not drinking even when everyone you meet is all "oh you don't drink? Why don't you drink? HERE HAVE A DRINK!!!" then it will probably be ok.

I haven't had a drink for like 5 years and my best friend, my brother and my parents still always ask me if I want something from the bar when we're at the pub. It's not a running joke either, they are just super-disappointed that I don't drink. Be warned, some folk will take it personally.

I drink occasionally, but not often, and telling people that I don't go out of my way to drink completely floors them. Sometimes even when there is alcohol available in front of me I don't really want do drink.

My resolution is to get a job before the end of Janurary and continually have a job until I move back to AZ, then when that happens, I want to have a job out here, and possibly my own apartment and a welsh corgi that I am going to name after one of the primarchs from 40K.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2009, 09:20 »

I have been planning for my resolution to be 'stop drinking' but that is slowly turning into 'drink less'. Anyone have any hints how to deal with other people when stopping to drink? Cause I think I can have fun when I'm not drinking, it's just whether other people will look at it that way?

I dunno, really, I want to spend a lot less money.
Well, on january 1ist I'll have gone a full year sober. The secret? just say no. If you're drinking so other people will think you are fun, you have awful friends who need shot, and you'll find after a while not drinking does not change your ability to have fun. The only real difference is being high or drunk or whatever just increases the amount of things you find amusing. Really the only thing to say here is if you're legitimately trying not to drink, just remember than at the end of the day, you control the bottle in your hand.

My 2010 resolution is to get my life back on track with some steady work and try to figure out what im doing.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2009, 09:37 »

Resolutions.
1. Piss in the woods.
2. Get regretfully drunk.
3. Make out with Leigh.
4. Do more stand-up.
5. Make out with Sarah.
6. Get into university.

I've already completed 1 and 2. Let's see how the rest goes.

So obviously, 1 and 2 were completed. Also 4 and 6.

3 and 5 did not happen, but I did meet Clare, who is now my girlfriend of 5 months and she is much better than Leigh and Sarah put together.

I was so classy this time last year I can't quite believe it.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2009, 09:54 »

I want to lose my belly this year. Just put it down somewhere and forget where I leave it.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

sean

• welp
« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2009, 10:28 »

so this is 2009

For 2009

Be a better human being overall
Try not to do horrible in school/Actually Graduate
Listen to more bands that aren't post rock
Get into music school
Get better at cello
Play shows with the band I just formed at some point
Release some kind of EP/Demo/Something with the band I just formed a few weeks ago
Try actually reading books. Goddamn this pile of books to read is too big.
Maybe meet a nice and rad lady if I am lucky enough

If I do all of those in some form 2009 should be a solid year.

so i guess i am a rader dude, i graduated high school, i mostly listen to diy thrashy emo shit nowadays, i got into music school, i am better at cello, i played two shows with my old band, we recorded a song and have it up for download (note we are dead now and released no physical demo and the two shows we played were not that great but we did it), i really didnt read that much, i have some ladies i am chasing after now.

so i guess 2009 was successful for me. this time around i wanna...

get into photography (maybe)
do better in school (my grades still blow)
form a NEW band, hopefully play a few shows and get a demo out
get at least a valid learners permit, hopefully my full license (i have never needed it and to this day i still do not need it)
become even more rad
continue getting better at cello
ask out the lady at the coffee shop

so yeah those are a few goals i guess for 2010.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2009, 11:19 »

I'd like to learn more about the stock market so I can play a little when the economy isn't in such a shithole.  Finances are my only major worry, and I worry a LOT.  

Other than that, I'll try to continue being a good mother/daughter/sister/girlfriend.

SUCCESS!  I actually landed a job in the financial industry and am looking into taking my CMT exams in the next year.  I was a kickass mother, amazing girlfriend, pretty alright sister and well, as good of a daughter as I could be to parents I don't see.

for 2010, I want to make sure to be 100% prepared for my exams and start taking them in the summer or fall.  I'd like to be more patient with everyone else around me, but I tend to hold others to the same standards I set myself to, so it's gonna be hard.  oh, and I want to learn to sew proficiently.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #9 on: 29 Dec 2009, 11:28 »

1) More webcest.

This one might take a while, but I think I can handle it.

Oh man I so did this, you have no idea. I WIN.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #10 on: 29 Dec 2009, 12:22 »

my resolutions:

-flirt less. i have a boyfriend now  and we must suffer through monogamy together.  haha.  
-write a book. seriously.
-watch all the artsy movies i've purchased or received as gifts.
-take school more seriously, assuming that i am still going to be there for the time being.  

1. um....well this isn't incredibly relevant, since said boyfriend and i have an open relationship. but i guess i do flirt a bit less? i'm not very good at resisting attractive hipster-type boys that flirt with ME though. blah.
2. failed so hard at this urghhhhh fuck.
3. not all of them.
4. done!  

2010 resolutions:

-continue with the whole serious and studious thing! it will probably get me places!
-try to avoid getting my heart broken by people who are leaving the country forever. ahem
-maybe finish that book?
-see more bands/go out more in general
-figure out some relationship related matters
-get driver's license

whoooooooo i want 2010 to hurry up and get here already. 2009 was lame.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2009, 14:29 by 20 jazz funk greats »
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Coward

• FIGHT YOU
  • Carries on, a wayward son.
« Reply #11 on: 29 Dec 2009, 13:52 »

...I want to have a job out here, and possibly my own apartment and a welsh corgi that I am going to name after one of the primarchs from 40K.

Please don't do this. What could an animal do to deserve such cruelty?
Quote from: Buckaroo Banzai
Hey, hey, hey, hey-now. Don't be mean; we don't have to be mean, 'cos, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #12 on: 29 Dec 2009, 14:09 »

Need to do 2010:

1: More make-outs.
2: Get a job this summer
3: Keep the grades from falling to anything less than top-notch
4: Don't do drugs
5: Take 50 push-ups in one go (I'm barely up to 25 on good days)
6: Try to meet and get to know new people, and stay in touch.
7 (optional, if I can make the other ones): get involved in politics.

I think 5 is going to be hardest to achieve, 6 and 1 will probably just fix themselves if I try to do something about it. 3 just involves me not spending school time to read tvtropes and fmylife.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #13 on: 29 Dec 2009, 14:55 »

I think this is the first time I do that resolution stuff not just to have resolutions.

1. Read the books I have before buying new ones.
2. Get less lazy with studying etc.
3. Talk to somebody not from my family at least once a day.
4. Learn Japanese.
5. Brush my teeth more often.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2009, 15:58 by Dliessmgg »
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2009, 15:24 »

I am going to spend less time on the internet, and read more books.

And maybe climb V7.

I read more books, probably spent a comparable amount of time on the internet, and climbed V7 AND V8. So, 66% success rate! I am definitely less addicted to the internet than I was, though, and only really spend a lot of time on it around times like these, when there are no other people around and I am bored out of my mind.

Goals for 2k10.
1. Climb V9. Should be feasible if I keep goin like I'm goin.
2. Have sex with at least 3, but no more than 8 different people I haven't fucked before.
3. There was something important that I was excited about doing when I showered this morning, but I no longer remember what it was.
4. Have this year be at least 45% less complex than the last 2-3 have been.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #15 on: 29 Dec 2009, 16:16 »

The only thing I posted in that thread was about mean flirting, which was not a resolution, but more of a constant.

I resolve to do my best to stay alive during 2010 and go back to school. That's all.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2009, 16:17 »

Lunchy in 08  Lunchy in 09
- Study Photography seriously I didn't end up doing this. In fact I have pretty much given up photoing at all. This is okay because I have a neat job that is way better.
- Move into my own sweet digs I did! But now I am so horribly lonely I am moving out of them in February.
- Convince the government to give me free money They did!
- Get out of the country again somehow I didn't. :(
- Drink less coffee I quit my job at the espresso bar! Problem solved.
- Grow extra head-hair Yup! I'm super proud of myself.
- Learn an instrument or at least figure out how to sing I took singing lessons with the money I got in my third resolution.
- Make more people happy I sure hope I did. I had my heart broken but I also got a new amazingly wonderful boyfriend and a bunch of new friends.
- Be less awkward I guess this comes from making new friends? I am still pretty awkward though.
- Learn how to play video games Uh. No this didn't happen at all. I don't have anything to play video games on.
- Don't give up! I haven't! Hooray! Everything is wonderful!

For 2010:
- Re-learn how to ride a bike without being terrified
- Continue fixing up my rusty ol' vintage bike so that it's awesome
- Be the best girlfriend I possibly can
- Have some fantastic roadtrips and weekends away
- Do a lot of decorating and furniture/house restorations/awesomefying
- Have a nice 25th Birthday and an actual party where maybe people will come
- Make better friends of the people I already know and love (probably should come before the party resolution but I've only got 3 months)
- Spend less money on junk, and consequently pay off my credit card debt and try to get some form of savings together
- Get another promotion

thecabbler

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2009, 16:31 »

i haven't been here for a year...i actually haven't even been consistently posting here but...

lose some weight 30-40 pounds would be great.
become more active at the gym.
do a little better in school.
make an honest woman of my lady

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #18 on: 29 Dec 2009, 16:45 »

I've already decided that 2010 will be the year of saving money. I'm sick of ending every year broke, or at least if I'm going to be broke at the end of the year I want it to be because I spent all my money travelling somewhere because all my friends keep going overseas for extended periods and I'm getting jealous.

öde

« Reply #19 on: 29 Dec 2009, 17:10 »

A) Start studying for a degree.

OR

B) Travel to somewhere awesome like the Himalayas or the Andes.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2009, 17:12 »

Okay, so I didn't do any resolutions last year. Or the year before. I actually never had any resolutions...
I don't want to copy sean, but:
1. Get better at the violin and get into the music program in college.
2. Learn how to ride a bike and/or learn how to ice skate.
3. Working out a bit, because I don't want to be flabby. (sorry if that sounds douchebag-ish, I didn't mean it to sound like that)
4. Take up Photography, because I am incredibly interested in that.
5. Learn other instruments, maybe the bass?
6. Finish my last year of High School with really good grades.

Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2009, 17:29 »

resolutions for 2009:

graduate... a given, but here's hoping i can get through the next four months without fucking that up somehow
i did!
graduate with an A average for my last 20 credits
i did even better and graduated with a gpa of 4.0 for my final semester! i am so awesome!
apply for and get an internship somewhat related to what i want to do with my life
half completed, i didn't have time to look for internships but i ended up applying for and getting two volunteer/shadowing type deals at two shelters in toronto which is fairly close to what i wanted anyway.
get better at guitar
i did!
get my goddamn driver's license already
not only did i do this, i'm not even scared of driving a little bit anymore, actually no that is a mega lie i am still a little afraid of parallel parking but i'll figure that out next year (see: resolutions 2010)
figure out how to apply to the grad schools i want to go to
i did!
get to chicago in august
oh dang i was so busy doing all that other stuff i didn't really do this at all.
become 100% financially independent
i moved back in with my parents after graduating so i guess i didn't really do this either. oh well!

since 2009 was in my opinion a pretty good success (even though for the most part it was an immensely fucking terrible and agonizingly hard year), i decided to set my goals high again this year. i have a pretty good feeling about 2010.

- get into graduate school beginning september 2010 and, subsequently, finally move out of parent's house for good
- learn to use my new camera
- go to the united states next summer
- stay in shape
- quit smoking for good (i don't currently smoke but i have a tendency to stop and restart during times of high anxiety so… i guess this would actually be "don't take up smoking again")
- be less of a hypocrite and start recognizing and being okay with when i am wrong about something
- get over social phobia and be more assertive and confident when dealing with people
- finish knitting all unfinished projects
- start drawing again
- learn to parallel park
- floss more often
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

plumbob78

• Obscure cultural reference
  • ¡Viva la revolución!
« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2009, 17:29 »

1) Clean my apartment.

2) Get less fat.

3) Quit smoking.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #23 on: 29 Dec 2009, 17:34 »

1) go back to the gym to gain back all the muscle I lost since highschool.

2) Find a sane girl to date

3) Go to Archaeology field school

4) Decide on a career (Medical School, or PhD)
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #24 on: 29 Dec 2009, 19:52 »

New Year's Resolutions, 2009:

1. Actually write, record, and release an album of some kind. I got close. I got really better at recording stuff but I didn't get around to putting out something complete.
2. Get a job. Like last year, failed miserably.
3. Write more songs in general. I did this.
4. Keep passing my classes, with grades I can be halfway proud of. I did pretty well in spring semester 2009 and hopefully my grades from studying abroad are okay too.
5. Hope upon hope I get to study abroad this coming fall. I did, and it was amazing. I miss Scotland already.
6. Lose some fucking weight already
7. LOSE SOME FUCKING WEIGHT ALREADY I did! All of that walking in Glasgow seemed to do me some good.

New Year's Resolutions, 2010

1. Get a job, you hippie.
2. Start an actual band, with actual people in it.
3. Graduate and get my degree.
4. Record other people's music for a try.
5. Attend the 2nd Annual PRFBBQ in Chicago, Summer 2010.
6. Continue to get in shape.
7. Be more sociable, in general.
8. Figure out what I'm going to do after college.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #25 on: 29 Dec 2009, 19:54 »

I have some projects that I want to complete which I think will help me toward being who I want to be.

1)Build an arcade stick. I want to build more things, and this is a pretty good place to start. It's something I want, it's something that's not too difficult and achieving it will help reassure me that I can still do Manly things and it will help me on my way to kicking all my friends' asses at fighting games.

2)Do a whole bunch of Project Euler problems. This will help me not forget the maths I know and give me something to do with the languages I need to learn.

3)Finish my physics degree. Shouldn't be too hard, though all I have left is the really intimidating (a year long project that means I need to deal with people all the time) and the incredibly tedious (solid state).
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

vegkitkat

• Furry furrier
  • Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
« Reply #26 on: 29 Dec 2009, 20:08 »

1) Finish my B.Sc. with a 90% average
2) Get in the Masters in Chemistry program at Dalhousie
3) Go to the gym 3 times a week
4) Stay in touch with friends and family by making a vlog once a week for the rest of the year with my new camcorder
5) And last but not least, kiss (or more) at least 5 boys

I think all of those are pretty doable resolutions, except for maybe #5.

Life is not a constant thing,
It's only made of short stories.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #27 on: 29 Dec 2009, 20:41 »

Happy New Years everyone! Resolutions...

1. Be healthier and lose my flabbiness.
2. Read more books.
3. Get a camcorder from somewhere and make movies with it.
4. Be less of a procrastinator.
5. Be more outgoing.
6. Stop being so lazy.
7. Get a job and start putting money away for college, car and life.
8. Buy a new computer with some of the money not put away.
9. Buy or perhaps pirate proper video editing software.
10. Buy CDs instead of downloading.
11. Get my driver's license.
12. Build a DVD/Book/CD collection.
13. Get better at graphic design.

I can't think of much else right now but I'm sure there's more.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

1. I just got taller and look skinnier.
2. I guess.
3. Nope.
4. Nope.
5. Definitely done this. I did this so much.
6. Nope.
7. Nope.
8. Nope.
9. Nope.
10. I have a library of almost 3000 songs, none of which came from CDs.
11. I got my permit and I can almost have my license!
12. My collection of books has grown somewhat. The others are too easy to pirate.
13. What. No.

2010 Resolution(s)!
1. Get acceptable grades in my sophomore year and start my junior year right.
2. Have a relationship for at least more than a couple months.
3. Get a best friend.
4. Kiss a girl.
5. Get more skinny.
6. Be in a play with a relatively lead role.

These are all perfectly acheivable.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #28 on: 29 Dec 2009, 21:43 »

My resolutions:
Stop sleeping with my friends
Walk my dog more
Discover some new music!

I did these things.

2k10:
Cook a lot
Read
Learn to be alone but not lonely
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #29 on: 29 Dec 2009, 22:23 »

I didn't have any resolutions last year, it was mostly to survive living in the houses I was living at last year.  Bad roommates are almost as bad as horrible landlords. 

But anyways, resolutions.

1. Take way more pictures.  It's been about 2 years since I've been doing any kind of photography.  I took it down to the beach earlier this year but that's about all I have.  I want to photograph more people as well, but in University I find it a lot more difficult to actually approach people.

2. Write more/Read more.  Condensed into one because they're both pretty similar.  I haven't written any kind of fiction since starting last semester and I believe I need to start again.  Reading a lot more would also be helpful because I'm feeling like my brain is starting to turn into a pile of mush.

3. Be more social.  I want to actually have a social group of really cool people to hang out with.  This didn't happen last year due to a number of reasons, mainly due to the University I went to was full of idiots who got drunk all the time.  Yay for Uvic being the party school of BC.  Now I'm at a smaller college and have actually met really cool people.

4.  More exercise.  I'm not fat and I don't have a tummy or the start of one.  But I'm completely out of shape and I'm going to work on changing that.  Luckily I have a beach that's about a 10 minute walk away.  To get down to it is about 40 stairs. 

I'm planning on keeping all/most of them.  My goal for resolutions is to keep them relatively simple. 

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #30 on: 29 Dec 2009, 22:28 »

get better at drawing

get a job

get a drivers license
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

FIXDIX

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Waka waka flocka flame
« Reply #31 on: 29 Dec 2009, 22:52 »

This be my manifesto:

1. Dawg, you were like 65kg a year ago, what's going on man? Now you weigh something like 85-90kg. We gotta get back on that dawg.
2. Oh man, remember how you were "Oh snap, there be a Judo school right down the friggin' road so I should join that shiz". Yeah well you're gonna be joining that shiz.
3. Your missus be pretty awesome and hot, try not to fuck shit up with that.
4. If 3 doesn't end well try hooking up with a red head.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #32 on: 29 Dec 2009, 22:58 »

According to that old thread I didn't have any resolutions, which sounds about right because I kinda think resolutions are a waste of time because I will probably fail at fulfilling them anyway.That being said...

2010 Resolutions!

1. Be Happy
2. Learn at least one new skill
3. Draw more, and maybe try improving
4. Make more things (that will tie in with 2)
5. Keep going to the gym
6. Cook more
I think that's about it. I am going with simple goals this time around so maybe I will do all of them. I am already pretty happy, so 1 will hopefully be easy to keep up, and the others seem like things I can do fairly easily as well. I'm not gonna make resolutions like "eat 3 meals a day consistantly" because I know I won't be able to keep that up, so what is the point?
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Zingoleb

« Reply #33 on: 30 Dec 2009, 00:45 »

Hrm.

1. Start playing more violin instead of guitar and learn to play it right yew stupid fuck instead of relying on open strings so much
2. Record yr goddamn songs already
3. Take Tai Chi (maybe? I'd have to get up real early in the morning and I'm not a morning person at all)
4. Go to England again because I haven't in ten years and I'd really like to
5. Go to Nashville again
6. Move out of my father's house
7. Kidnap David Bowie

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #34 on: 30 Dec 2009, 01:17 »

I'm gonna just change mine to "grow up"
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #35 on: 30 Dec 2009, 03:24 »

I'm with Han on the lack of 2009 resolutions.  I am pretty sure that whatever resolution/s I would have put in there would have not come to pass, except for maybe "find a better job", but that actually turned out more like "get retrenched, be unemployed for close to six months, then get 3 mths of temp work before finding a cool job."  Still, it's worked out in the end so far (dudes, I do IT for a company that runs windfarms for renewable energy.  How awesome is that)

MMX:
- Keep this job, do it well, aim for it to turn into permanent position after the 6 mth contract finishes up.
- Finish writing something.  Anything.  A short story, complete game idea/dialogue, a song, whatever.  Just finish something!
- Try to learn how to not haemorrhage so much money all the got-dang time.
- Go to either Japan or the US with Han.  Maybe both if possible.

That's about it.

Also though, earlier this year I thought of an idea, 20-10 for 2010.  The idea is that you pick 20 pie in the sky type things you want to achieve, then shoot to do 10 of them.  But then I started it and realised that I am not ambitious enough to have 20 possible things I'd want to do that weren't pretty samey "1. visit Japan again", "2. visit the US again", "3. check out Vietnam" (etc) so I nixed it.
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2010, 02:28 by est »

Spluff

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • it is time to party
« Reply #36 on: 30 Dec 2009, 04:35 »

1. get out of here
2. stay the course, chief
[16:27] Ozy:  has joined the room
[16:27] Quietus: porn necklace!
[16:27] Quietus: Shove it up yer vag!
[16:27] Ozy: has left the room

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #37 on: 30 Dec 2009, 05:42 »

save up this year. learn to cook properly. get settled into a uni (whichever one it ends up being) and not sink under the weight of being independant and stuff.

This went reasonably ok. Still can't cook though. The uni part went extremely well. I think the reason the cooking bit didn't go so well was because uni was too interesting to spend time in the kitchen.

Over to Jens!

Take pictures, read books, discover music.

That is all.

I have taken, uh, like five pictures, so I failed miserably at the first one. But I have read books (even started english lit. at uni) and I know a lot more about music, consequently I am also enjoying music a lot more as well!

jens, if you have not already read 'please kill me' (by legs mcneil and gillian mccain) i think you would love it. you seem to like all the same music books i do.

I read this book, and I thought it was pretty excellent! But it was kind of weird how it claims to be "the definitive oral history of punk" and barely even mentions the Talking Heads, and also just never even speaks of Sonny Vincent at all (and they did try to contact him but he was trying to kick smoking when they called and in no state to respond sensibly).

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS FOR THE YEAR OF 2010 FOR JENS

-gain a little confidence and hang out with people without constantly weighing my words and thinking that everyone hates me
-improve my food that is terrible for you/food that is good for you ratio
-delve deeper into the bowels of Dischord Records (there are so many bands I have never even listened to on Discord and I have no excuse now really)
-FIX A BOAT IN ENGLAND

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS FOR THE YEAR OF 2010 FOR MAY

-spend more time doing degree-related reading and less time doing internet-related reading
-learn to skate backwards well enough that I can play defence
-get a job at easter that is not in a supermarket, and save up some money from it
-cook proper meals to prevent repeat of fainting incident
-FIX A BOAT (ALSO IN ENGLAND)(IT'S THE SAME BOAT)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #38 on: 30 Dec 2009, 08:26 »

I'd also really like to be less sarcastic, but I feel that could permanantly damage my boarding, and I don't want to give up my favorite form of text formatting.

Maybe I can just only be sarcastic on the Internet.

Professor Snuggles

« Reply #39 on: 30 Dec 2009, 08:36 »

My feeling is that everytime I am talking to someone and unsure as to how it would come off, I'll think "would I be posting this in itallics?"

If the answer is yes, I don't speak!

Life is board, oh shiiiiiiiiii

Nodaisho

« Reply #40 on: 30 Dec 2009, 08:51 »

1) Get a car
2) invest some more money
3) work out regularly
4) quit failing classes

A girlfriend would be nice, but I have my priorities.

1) Check, thanks to my mother getting a different job schedule so we couldn't share the van anymore.
2) Nope, still in need of a job in order to have more money to invest.
3) Getting into the habit now, I'm taking parkour lessons and I take walks before sun-up when there isn't too much snow on the ground. I would like to get back into Jujitsu, but I haven't gotten to do that yet.
4) Got it in this last semester.

A lot better than I thought I was going to do when I didn't remember what I had resolved to do.

2010:

1) Get a job.
2) Write more, I waste a shitload of time online, I could be using hours of it each day writing with no real impact on my online interactions.
3) Write at least one song.
4) Practice playing guitar with other people.
5) Be an awesome older brother. My little brother is actually turning out to be pretty damn cool some of the time, I should return the favor.

As before, a girlfriend would be nice, but I've got priorities and a somewhat realistic outlook on life.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #41 on: 31 Dec 2009, 00:25 »

2010 resolutions:

Finish 2009 resolution.
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #42 on: 31 Dec 2009, 00:38 »

My resolution is, when someone is being a total jerkface at work not to egg them on. I have this problem (I work at a call center for the credit card dept of a relatively large bank) where if someone is giving me attitude, I kinda goad them into getting more angry because I think it's funny. I probably shouldn't do that. It's never anything I could get in trouble for or anything, just like "I'm sorry you feel that way" and instead of just stopping there I'll add "... but you were late." or if my break is at 4 and it's 3:56 and someone wants me to reverse a fee I'll make them tell me why I should do it (the computer tells me right away yes or no and I can't disagree with what it says, just trying to waste time and make them think about their own decisions I guess).

Basically I will try my best to not be a passive aggressive asshole, even if it is funny when an old lady calls me a cunt.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Bowers

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Breadsticks
« Reply #43 on: 31 Dec 2009, 07:47 »

I don't think I wrote my resolutions for 09 on here last year but It was to quit smoking...and it pretty much never really happened. But fuck it, I enjoy smoking.

2010 resolutions -
1) Smoke less - probably a good idea since it's so terrible for my health
2) Become a better barman - I finally got my dream job in a vodka bar, probably should start learning the new cocktail  menu since it started yesterday and I'm working tonight
3) Continue doing well at uni
4) Get out of the country - really need to leave soon, thinking I might do some voluntary work abroad or something, I need to see more of the world
5) Don't make out with any of my ex's - seriously need to give the booty calls a rest now
6) Clean up after myself - I live in a house with 8 other guys, this place is a fucking tip most of the time
7) Write more - considering half of my uni course is Creative Writing I've done sweet fuck all this year which will have to change soon. Also I need to get back into doing music reviews more, since my work experience at Channel 4 Music and my cover article for Audioscribbler I've, again, done nothing.
8 ) Go to more gigs

[Edit]

9) learn how to play the harmonica - I got one for christmas, really need to get on that
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2009, 07:49 by Bowers »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #44 on: 31 Dec 2009, 07:56 »

I'd also really like to be less sarcastic, but I feel that could permanantly damage my boarding, and I don't want to give up my favorite form of text formatting.

Maybe I can just only be sarcastic on the Internet.

Stole my post, you bastard.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #45 on: 31 Dec 2009, 23:29 »

add this to my list: attend less church/make up more excuses to not attend church

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #46 on: 31 Dec 2009, 23:37 »

add this to my list: attend less church/make up more excuses to not attend church
This is a pretty superb 666th post.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #47 on: 31 Dec 2009, 23:42 »

oh my goodness, yes. that wasn't even on purpose.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #48 on: 01 Jan 2010, 00:33 »

Okay so specifically by this time next year I want to have at least A$20,000 in my bank account. I think I can save that much. I need a lot of money because I am planning a Crazy Scheme which if I pull it off will be amazing.

AMAZING.

Zingoleb

« Reply #49 on: 01 Jan 2010, 00:37 »

Using post 2010 to wish y'all a happy 2010.

Here seemed as good a place as any.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up