THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 06 Jun 2024, 09:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 920101 times)

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #2050 on: 15 May 2010, 18:47 »

a Kirby J concurring judgement
Wait wait wait, Kirby J has made concurring judgments? And the universe is still intact?
Congratulations, you're my new favourite person.
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #2051 on: 16 May 2010, 14:16 »

Friends, if any of yr loved ones are considering getting cancer, do not let them do it, it's not cool.

Too late! We're fairly optimistic about it though, I guess.

Zingoleb

« Reply #2052 on: 17 May 2010, 00:18 »

I've decided to become a sub-genius. Whenever I can't sleep I'll just watch zombie movies.

+1 paranoid sleepless nights

Lick my fuckin' Jesus I'm not trying for pagebreaks

Edit: It's sunrise! The sky is orange and purple, there's dew on the grass and everything is just so damn perfect. There's at least a hundred birds out here singing, everything is glowing - the fields outside my window are this beautiful red and zombies are going to eat me why did I watch those fucking movies
« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 02:44 by Zingoleb »

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2053 on: 17 May 2010, 02:05 »

Way to go.

It's that time of year where I'm reminded of the sad fact that I didn't get to graduate from a proper educational institution. Yay. :(
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2054 on: 17 May 2010, 04:22 »

ARGH guys why did I agree to row this term? I've been stitched for an outing this afternoon meaning that unless I stay up really late tonight I've only got three hours to revise, and I also have to put laundry on and eat and have a shower and ARGH TOO MUCH BUSY.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2055 on: 17 May 2010, 05:16 »

Maybe you shouldn't be doing so much social stuff. Isn't university a time for crippling social deprivation?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2056 on: 17 May 2010, 05:18 »

Maybe I shouldn't be on the internet either (although checking the forums takes all of 20 seconds, whilst rowing takes up about three hours). I really don't want to go rowing today but if I don't go then the rest of the boat can't go either.

And yeah social stuff is generally on hold, at the moment I'm just going to church and medical appointments - the trouble is that I have two medical appointments this week :s
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #2057 on: 17 May 2010, 05:25 »

Rowing is awesome though, and if you're anything like me you'll need to get as much scheduled exercise as you can because I do bugger all except for the gym three times a week because I'm so unmotivated.

My recommendation: study a bit less to fit it in. Seriously. Law gets easier.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2058 on: 17 May 2010, 05:44 »

Are you still playing hockey, too? If not, then this is a good way to keep you in shape and honestly I wish I would have worked out more in school. Exercise helps reduce stress. But if you're doing both at the same time, just pick one. If a sport is actually causing you stress because of time, then just start running or something else less time consuming instead. Don't put too much on your plate or you'll miss out on socializing, which is really a good part of being in college. But so is doing well in your classes. So I would pick and choose what's really important to you next year so you have a little more time to do things you want/have to do that don't involve school.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2059 on: 17 May 2010, 05:50 »

Hockey has finished and I'm not going to roller hockey because it takes hours out of the day, so I guess it's not too bad. It just feels like most of today is gone before I've even done anything. On the other hand I'm speeding through this homicide revision, hopefully I'll be able to move onto another topic this evening. Score!

Plus I just got accepted to stage-manage a production at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival! YAY.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!
« Reply #2060 on: 17 May 2010, 06:00 »

Also do not underestimate the good that some decent physical exercise can do for your capacity to concentrate afterwards. Exercise and revision are a great combination - you might have less time to study, but I bet you'll get more out of the hours you do put in.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2061 on: 17 May 2010, 06:46 »

Rowing's been cancelled.

Excellent, laundry will get done.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2062 on: 17 May 2010, 06:54 »

shit i have to do washing
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #2063 on: 17 May 2010, 08:10 »

Dear blog thread.

* I continue to live in Katsuura, which continues to have pretty much nothing in it. I don't mind very much though; most people here are beginning to go a bit crazy because there is nothing to do but when I left Mex City I was really tired of it, there was always something else to do, someone's party to go to, a new club, some show. I appreciate the calm and slow pace of the city although...

* Katsuura weather is really dumb! I arrived here on the 31st of march. The weather was cold, windy and rainy. I was told that the spring seemed to be unusually delayed this year. It continued to be cold, windy and rainy for every day in April. Some days it rained so much that there was really no point in trying to venture farther than the Family Mart and the wind was so hard that umbrellas quickly became useless. The suddenly during the first week of May the weather became very warm; Sandals and shorts warm. This happened literally overnight. Despite this the city would still get rather cold without warning, this seemed to get more often as the second week of may went on and it eventually lead to... Cold, windy and rainy weather. While not as cold as it was during april, it is still too cold for may.
Also the sun rises at like 4 AM and sets at 6 PM or so.

*Katsuura is not terrible though, there are a dozens of places to get good food and it is quite scenic. My favourite thing about Katsuura though, is the icecream vending machines. Vending machines that sell icecream! So far we have only located two, one at the train station and one in front of the arcade. After inserting 120 円 you can take your pick from the available flavours. I am not certain which one is my favourite really. Pudding is really good but so is cheesecake. Mint & Choc chips is really solid as well, maybe Choco Banana or Chocolate Waffle. So far I have not disliked any (though Geert tells me the cream soda one was awful). Thankfully both machines are a longish walk away from the school, maybe 25 mins downhill to the station and another 15 to the arcade. I forgot to mention that one of the worst things is that the school is on top of a rather steep hill that the only bus line in the city does not cover. It is testament to both the quality of the icecream and the lack of entertainment that afflicts some that we think a trip solely to buy icecream is a good idea several times a week.

*I got a phone! Meebo regulars have almost certainly heard me mention this but I am so pleased with this phone. it is a Casio Exilim CA004 (I did not even know Casio made phones!). I went into the store with the intention of getting a phone with the features of "calling" and "text messaging" and grabbed this one simply because it looked like the purtier one of the free phones. It turns out to have a humdred features that I am too dumb to use and that is awesome! It has an 8.1 megapixel camera on it which takes pretty good pictures. it is a flip phone and you can rotate the screen and flip it so that you can use the screen as a viewfinder just like a real camera! it even has buttons on the top like a real camera!. The camera also has some other functions like reading bar codes for mobile internet access and a text reader. You can take a picture of a kanji and it will tell you the meaning. Unfortunately  it tells you the meaning in japanese which I can't read very well. I can tell that there is also an english mode but I have so far been unsuccesful in activating it. It also has a GPS although I am not sure if it is a free feature or if it would cost me, same with the TV function. Oh yeah, you can watch TV on the phone wherever you are! not some bullshit internet tv either, through some kind of eldritch magick and a retractable antenna (which when extended makes the phone look straight out of 1998) you can watch real, live Television on your mobile phone. I don't use this function though, and I won't until I know Costs.

*I am ill! I have had a cold on and off for just about 5 weeks now. It sucks, today at trainign I felt like my arms were made of lead and could barely keep up towards the end.

*That may have also been because of the gym, now that I think about it though. I lifted weights for the first time ever this saturday! It turns out that all of us kendo guys are Weak. one of the Judo students is our coach. It was fun but my arms are still dang sore.

I've done some other things as well, I guess.
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Allybee

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #2064 on: 17 May 2010, 09:58 »

ah emilio! I totally forgot that you had gone to japan! or maybe I didn't know this at all? anyways that sounds crazy. I just read an article about how a robot officiated a wedding in japan. how does it feel to be living in The Future?

anyways, I'm back at home, but only briefly. I only have a few friends here and I miss college. I am going to seattle in about a week, my friend and I are going to sasquatch so that is cool. also, I got a job on an island this summer. tentative plan involves growing vegetables and cooking them, collecting glass bottles, meditating, knitting and reading a lot. maybe I'll make some friends, too, but who knows! I realized that I'm old enough to have adventures so I am having them and it is really awesome.
radical dame

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #2065 on: 17 May 2010, 10:18 »

Hey E if you get a chance can you tell me how much one credit on a Street Fighter 4 machine is in Japan? I want to know if I'm being unreasonable being miffed at paying $2 a game when I could just as well be paying $2 for a game of pool which goes on much longer and you can get more people involved.

Dear Blog thread I think maybe I'm doing the wrong thing at uni. I'm finishing a physics degree, I only really have major project to go and I'm finding it really hard to motivate myself. My project basically involves looking at a whole lot sources in a bunch of galaxies and trying to measure some of the bulk properties of the galaxies and compare them to each other and some results that were measured in different ways. I guess my problem is I don't really care about astronomy that much? I was thinking that maybe I'd lost the spark that made me want to do science and to discover and to learn but then today I spoke to some people about their projects and it was definitely still there; I felt the same excitement that I felt when I was trying to get this other project (before I screwed it up). I think it's just that my current one is too broad and it's more "lets find out some stuff about all this stuff" than "let's find out everything there is to know about some really specific thing".
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #2066 on: 17 May 2010, 10:51 »

Hang in there McTaggart!  The world need more physicists!.  (Well, and probably astronomers, too.)
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2067 on: 17 May 2010, 20:06 »

I only have two shifts at work this week. I know this is because I asked for 3 days off, so I can't work on Friday like I usually do, but still. Two shifts means I will be able to pay rent and have maybe $50 to use on food until I work next. The two new owners are working more during the week to cut on costs (because they don't have to pay for one of us to be working), so we are all competing for the same shifts, and other people are getting them rather than me, so I am getting screwed over in terms of being able to save money to pay off debts. I have been thinking about getting a second job and trying to slowly move to that one more than my current job, as it is turning to shit, but this is just reiterating that I need to get off my arse in terms of that.

I also have the Shark Week Blues, and a big ugly cold sore, and it's raining and I have to go visit my family, and I have to make a cake for a workmate's birthday and the test cake I made was a bit of a failure, so I have to work out how to fix it and rararararar (I am stressing out about everything). I know I can rely on Ben to help, but I don't really want to; he pays for a lot of stuff anyway, and I don't want to make it even more unbalanced. I just wish all these things could have been a bit more spread out rather than lumped in at once so I could deal with them a bit better.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2068 on: 17 May 2010, 21:08 »

Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2069 on: 17 May 2010, 22:20 »

I wrote a big post and it didn't post.
Oh well.
In short: househunting! rain! these things bite.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2070 on: 17 May 2010, 22:34 »

Yeah I'm starting my househunting as well. Our lease runs out halfway through June so we need to find somewhere before then but not too much before or we'll be renting two places at once and it can't be after the lease runs out because then we'll be homeless for a few weeks. Househunting is shit.

Also, I booked my driving test today! Hurrah! Soon I will have my licence which means that I won't have to worry about not having one if my girlfriend wants to go out but will be too drunk to drive home. And I can take shifts driving the van when my band goes on tour. Also I've not allowed myself to get any more piercings or tattoos until I get my driving license so soon I can get to work on my super hero/villain sleeves. Hurrah!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2071 on: 17 May 2010, 22:53 »

Oh hey, I'm househunting too! The rental situation in Melbourne is pretty insane at the moment: there are tens of thousands of people moving to Melbourne each year and there aren't that many new houses being built, especially in the popular areas. The house I've been renting for the last five years got sold a week and a half ago (for $789,000! For a place that could really do with being renovated! And apparently the couple who bought it weren't even planning on buying i when they came to the auction! Shit's crazy). Fortunately the settlement period on the sale is 90 days, and on top of that if me and my housemates get kicked out they have to give us 60 days notice, and we're on a month-to-month lease so I can move out pretty much whenever I want without consequence. So that means that I'm in the rather luxurious position of having five months to find myself a new place. I really hope it doesn't take that long, though.

After being really wishy-washy about what I want to do with myself this year I've finally settled on two things:

1) I'm going to live by myself, even if it places me under a substantial financial burden;

2) This year I'm going to get really serious about my writing.

Part two is already well under way (I'll tell you about that later when I've got more time), so now I just need to implement part 1. God I need to implement it. I'm getting so sick of my housemates and constantly being confronted by just the fact of having a house full of other people's stuff that it's starting to turn me into a monosyllabic grump.

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #2072 on: 18 May 2010, 02:00 »

That probably doesn't help the writing.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2073 on: 18 May 2010, 04:55 »

guys i am at the train station and there is this really lovely looking girl but she is wearing ed hardy chucks and that makes me want to stab her so much. :/

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #2074 on: 18 May 2010, 06:11 »

Do it. It's clearly not much of a life anyway.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2075 on: 18 May 2010, 06:23 »

Just jump her, steal her shoes, and set them on fire. Tell her you just did her a favor.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2076 on: 18 May 2010, 07:35 »

guys i am at the train station and there is this really lovely looking girl but she is wearing ed hardy chucks and that makes me want to stab her so much. :/
I know how you feel. There was this really pretty girl somewhere I was once (somewhere important!) and I wanted to talk to her, but she was wearing Crocs. :|
rather than place the blame on somebody's undeveloped irony sensor, let's just blame the internet, k?
My Last.FM

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #2077 on: 18 May 2010, 08:15 »

I'm at minute 4 of this video, talking about Occupation Forces, the piece I presented in Spain:
http://www.nickdutnik.com/es/technarte

woo

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2078 on: 18 May 2010, 09:48 »

oh my god my new computer is in portsmouth and i am NOT whattttt

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2079 on: 18 May 2010, 11:28 »

So my ulcer has reactivated/opened, I have been vomitting up stomach lining all day and will likely be unable to eat a large variety of food for a while. It might be time to stop drinking every day and drinking so much coffee and stressing.

But on the plus side I hit the hitchin' road in less than a week!
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #2080 on: 18 May 2010, 12:02 »

It might be time to stop drinking every day and drinking so much coffee and stressing.

Yeah, and maybe give up spicy food too. It really sucks because I love Korean and Indian food, but I've had to give up everything irritating to my stomach.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #2081 on: 18 May 2010, 13:16 »

Today when I was walking along the river an old woman yelled after me "IF YOUR SKIRT HAD BEEN ANY SHORTER, WE'D SEE YOUR ENTIRE CUNT". Amazing.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #2082 on: 18 May 2010, 13:39 »

Were you wearing your Chicagocon prom dress or something?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #2083 on: 18 May 2010, 13:40 »

It was a request, they could only see half your cunt.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2084 on: 18 May 2010, 13:55 »

Maybe she was jealous because she realized she cant pull of short skirts anymore?
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Metope

« Reply #2085 on: 18 May 2010, 14:41 »

Not the prom dress, but it was in fact another dress from AA. I guess everything from there just screams slut. Who knew?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #2086 on: 18 May 2010, 14:42 »

I did.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2087 on: 18 May 2010, 14:52 »

Quote from: most of the forum
I did.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Metope

« Reply #2088 on: 18 May 2010, 14:55 »

Irony, guys, irony. Jeez.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2089 on: 18 May 2010, 14:57 »

Hussy.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Metope

« Reply #2090 on: 18 May 2010, 15:00 »

I get it, I get it.

I guess the world isn't ready for my cunt just yet. I'll go get dressed.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2091 on: 18 May 2010, 15:24 »

Certainly I was not ready to read you using that word.

DRESSES. Awesome. They are all kinds of pretty and I will post pictures eventually.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2092 on: 18 May 2010, 15:26 »

Really, you should have responded with "At least my cunt is cleaner than your mouth."
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

sean

• welp
« Reply #2093 on: 18 May 2010, 16:36 »

i personally can't wait for jens to read this thread again.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Metope

« Reply #2094 on: 18 May 2010, 17:21 »

I'm sorry, May. I wouldn't usually, but that woman started it!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2095 on: 18 May 2010, 17:58 »

I didn't expect it to be said by you, either, but that made it even more hilarious.

MrBlu

• Duck attack survivor
  • I probably don't
« Reply #2096 on: 18 May 2010, 18:05 »

I just remembered I live beside this guy.

EDIT::
Better link.
« Last Edit: 18 May 2010, 18:11 by MrBlu »
My Last.FM

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #2097 on: 18 May 2010, 18:54 »

I'll go get dressed.

this is the worst sentence in the human language

yes, the human language

also

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!