THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 05 Jun 2024, 16:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 919735 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #2400 on: 28 May 2010, 06:36 »

Hey if it makes you feel better, I'm 24 and have yet to find a job that isn't office work or retail. And I'll be in school for another three years before I'm able to have the job I want.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2401 on: 28 May 2010, 06:41 »

I've been stressing out for the last few days as we've applied for this really nice apartment and we, too, need to move before June 12th.

There were 20 people at the open house inspection and I gave in my application forms for my girlfriend and I on the spot. I spoke to the agent and he said it would be ok for us to scan and email in copies of our proof of identity (Drivers License, Passport, 3 recent payslips, reference letters from previous landlords/property managers, current employment contracts for both of us). I had to go to band practice directly after the inspection but when I got home I got out my scanner and hooked it up to the computer. Had to download the driver but that's ok, I expected that. Still it doesn't work after installing, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I try to use my girlfriend's scanner but can't install that driver because her scanner won't operate with Vista (the driver requires the "run as" command while Vista only has the "run" command). So I try to connect the scanner into my girlfriends computer which we never really use but it runs XP. It turns out we have to uninstall and then reinstall the driver which we do, only to discover that we can't use the scanner because only one of the 4 USB ports actually works and it is being used by the wireless receiver for the mouse and keyboard. I can connect the scanner but if I do I can't tell it to continue the installing process for the driver. I can connect the mouse and keyboard but then I can't finish the install of the driver because the scanner isn't connected. Eventually I try my laptop again and piece together that the reason my scanner doesn't work on the laptop is because the software to control the printer hasn't been downloaded.

At long last I scan everything (16 pages in all) and email them through to the real estate agent. It is now three in the morning.

I get up, go to work, during the day my girlfriend calls the real estate people to confirm that they received our emails, they say, without going to check, yes yes we got everything we'll let you know. When I get home from work (after the real estate office has closed) I find an email from gmail telling me that the email I sent with all the ID stuff got delayed, not to re-send the email and that it will be automatically resent in two days. I resend the email. Before going to work today I see another email telling me that the second email was delayed and will be resent in two days. I stay home later than I planned so that I could call the real estate office and double check that they did receive the information. Apparently they did, they will decide on the applications today and call me to let me know. I am half an hour late for work.

I work in a call centre so I have to keep my phone off or on silent and in my pocket or bag. I explain to the supervisor/s that I'm waiting to hear about an apartment and, them all being in an exceptionately good mood they let me keep my phone switched on and on my desk. Every time my phone's screen saver moves my stomach lurches as I really, really want this apartment and I wonder when they are going to call to either crush my dreams or give me awesome news. Everyone at work (who has by now heard the above story) keeps coming up and asking if I've got the apartment, I'm still waiting to hear back.

My girlfriend's mum calls me to tell me about a property she found that is well outside of our price range. I explain to her that I can't talk and that I'm waiting for a call from the real estate people and then have to explain the concept of a price range as her saying "oh it's just one less take-out dinner a week" doesn't make any sense when we already rarely eat out and when we do it is incredibly cheap food. In the end I am pretty rude and I hang up on her, I will pay for that later. My girlfriend also calls to ask if I've heard anything, I haven't so she calls the real estate office to ask and is told (at 3:30pm) that they haven't made a decision yet and we'll hear back before 5pm. At 4:30pm I am getting really nervous so I call them and ask and I'm told, very brusquely that the owner's haven't made a decision yet and we'll have to wait until Monday. The property has now been taken off the net and we have to wait two more days before we hear anything back.

I. am. Over. this. shit.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2402 on: 28 May 2010, 06:45 »

Gah! But it is a good thing that they haven't given it to anyone else! After all that effort, it would not be fair for you not to get the best apartment ever (and if you don't get this one then it means there is an EVEN BETTER ONE about to fall into your laps).

I'm using one of the questions I took for A level Law for my tutor assessment. Hehe.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2403 on: 28 May 2010, 06:50 »

Actually May, every other apartment we've looked at has either been too small (though lovely), too rundown (yet expensive) or too small, too rundown, too expensive and managed by absolute fuckwits who talk to us like we're scum and don't deserve anything better.

I do not think we're going to get this apartment, even though it is perfect and awesome and well situated and affordable (just). Ingelise is going to more inspections tomorrow afternoon, I am going to try to leave work early and join her, this may or may not happen.

Probably the best thing about the whole situation is that we'll need about $2000 when we first move in to cover bond and the first two weeks rent and while we don't have that full amount, my parents have offered to lend it to us as well as a couple of hundo to pay for a moving van and some men to lift our stuff. I'll have to pay them back of course but it is a huge weight off my mind.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2404 on: 28 May 2010, 07:09 »

I hope you get it! Or if not that one, I hope Ingelise finds a good one and it's less stressful and you get it right off the bat.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #2405 on: 28 May 2010, 19:42 »

having an IM conversation with my dad regarding his mother's death is probably the most awkward moment of my life so far.

It is not, however, the most stressing thing at the moment.

You can skip this part.

All the westerners at the school have to get a measles shot. This would normally not be great cause for concern except that: in Japan vaccinations are not covered by the NHS. A measles shot is about 100 dollars. We recieve a 300 dollar scholarship every month. They scheduled the vaccines to be administered (and paid for) three days before they give us our stipend.
I have to go to Tokyo to meet a friend of my grandmother's, this is also expensive.

My grandmother is dead. I am not terribly sad about this. During her last years she was afflicted by senile dementia and she was a mere shade of the loving woman we all knew. I am however, concerned for my father, specially since in the last years he separated from my mother and I came to live here, leaving him alone for the first time in 25 years or so.

I need him to send me money to pay for the vaccine.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2010, 21:46 by E. Spaceman »
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2406 on: 28 May 2010, 22:28 »

we, too, need to move before June 12th.

I am moving on June 12th as well! Crazy!

Of course my (moving) story is less exciting, I am moving all of my stuff back to my parent's place before I leave for 'murka in July. It is kind of sad because I am living with three guys I have been friends with for 10 years and even though they are kind of slobs and I barely get to hang out because I'm always working (and weird hours, at that) it's still cool. Also because I fucking love living away from my parents and even the thought of being back home for just a month before I go is kind of annoying. My parents are fine and all, it's just that they are better in small doses.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2407 on: 29 May 2010, 01:21 »

Well, when I say that we need to move before June 12th I meant that is when our lease runs out.

Also we found a place! It's a bit small but the rent is affordable and it has a really nice view. The best part about this apartment is that all our stuff is already there.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2408 on: 29 May 2010, 01:35 »

Yeah, I was going to ask whether it was entirely out of the question just to renew your lease?
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2409 on: 29 May 2010, 02:07 »

It wasn't out of the question, we just got a little carried away with the idea of moving out. We talked to our property manager and they're happy for us to resign so we talked it over and decided it was better to stay in an apartment that we really quite like, despite the minor issues of not having a dedicated parking spot or an internal laundry.

I still stand by my earlier statement that most Sydney real estate agents are jerks.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #2410 on: 29 May 2010, 02:33 »

Guh.

I was at a party tonight and having a good time when, just as I'm about to leave, a friend beckons me over and we start to talk. The rest of my friends leave and this friend starts freaking the fuck out, getting very touchy feely and then curling up in a ball with his head in his hands then getting touchy feely again - I couldn't tell if he was just smashed out of his mind (we didn't see him drink much of anything, so it seems doubtful), or on some sort of hallucinogen (more likely) or suffering some sort of psychotic episode. I tried calling all of our mutual acquaintances, no answer. He finds his phone and checks the messages and says "Oh, it's midnight... this message was sent 22 months ago". He stands still and won't budge while I try to get him to focus on me and trust me. I eventually get him to move.

I tried to get him to our friend's apartment, and he was walking with me, and then he just turns around and bolts in the other direction. After much pleading he stops and says that the moon is facing the wrong direction, and that he needs to get his bike. I go back with him to get his bike, and I manage to get him to the door of my friend's apartment, but before I can get him in he grabs his bike and bolts.

He was supposed to be going home, but given his confusion about directions I'm worried about him. I don't know exactly where he lives so I can't check to see if he made it. It was like I was living in a David Lynch film for 2 or 3 hours. I'm on such a high wire right now.

I don't think I'm going to be hanging out with this guy anymore. Granted, I haven't had a lot of experience with drunks, so he might have been just really hammered, but there were certain things - his propensity for touch, the way he was fascinated by the movement of his own hands, his lack of recognition regarding his own things - that just left me really unnerved. It doesn't help that he prefaced all of this with some very personal talk of which I was not comfortable at all.

It wasn't a frat party or anything, but I did see him spending time with a guy we didn't know who acting similarly strangely before he left, so they may have taken something together, though my friend seemed like the type to have better judgment than that. He assured me he was not drunk when I asked him.

I'll be sending folks to check up on him regardless.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2411 on: 29 May 2010, 03:20 »

Yeah that's not the behaviour of someone who's drunk.

I hope he's okay!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2412 on: 29 May 2010, 11:18 »

I dunno, not usual drunk behaviour but I've known some people who have very strange reactions when totally battered. And it's always possible that it wasn't something he intended to or indeed knew he was taking, there are a worrying number of people who'll spike someone's drink just to see what happens.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
« Reply #2413 on: 29 May 2010, 11:33 »

I tried to move my computer desk and it fell apart.

Literally there isn't any one piece that is connected to another piece anymore.

It's just a pile of boards and the mere idea it was once a desk.

I think if I get some supports affixed to it I will be able to salvage it.  Hopefully.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2010, 11:39 by Caleb »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2414 on: 29 May 2010, 12:13 »

aughbaubauhafgaudfa

My parents and I are now dealing with the fact we have no clue what the fuck my (autistic) brother will do after high school. Regardless of what he decides to do, he is gonna need government assistance for the rest of his life.

But fuck I don't really think I'm able to tell what is best for him.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2415 on: 29 May 2010, 12:23 »

It also doesn't exactly help that we have never really gotten along. I ask him something and "Go away!" is usually his response.

Mein Tumblr

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2416 on: 29 May 2010, 12:47 »

Obviously there's no one-size-fits-all solution for young adults with autism, and clearly you shouldn't be put in the position of having to make such decisions about your brother, but I'll offer my brother's story in case it has any elements that might help at all.

When my (also autistic) brother was about to finish high school, my parents realized that by having him not take the last required class and having him get a Certificate of Completion rather than a diploma, they would be able to keep him in government-funded school activities until he was 21.  So he went to this "transition program," designed for young adults with disabilities, which offered some academics, some art, and some vocational training.  Because he was there, our regional center also funded some after-school activities for him.

Now, he's 22, and he went back to high school to complete the last class and get a diploma; in Fall, he starts classes at a community college.  About a year and a half ago, he moved out of my parents' house and into a group home (funded by his SSI), to learn some independent living skills that he wouldn't have been able to learn at home, with my mom picking up after him everywhere.

Like your brother, he will likely need some government assistance for the rest of his life, but he's attained some degree of limited autonomy, which is the best that we can really hope for, I think.

As a side note, I understand the weird quasi-third-parent role that sometimes you're put in as the sibling of a child with autism; my parents tried to deny it for years, but when they conserved my brother, they named me as next-in-line (that is, should something happen to my parents, I would literally become my brother's legal guardian).

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2417 on: 29 May 2010, 13:33 »

Thanks, it's nice to know there is someone who understands my situation.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2418 on: 29 May 2010, 13:36 »

On the other hand, perhaps I was wrong about him not liking me. He apparently made a powerpoint saying his brother is nice. He really loves making powerpoints and is really bad at making conversation, so this was probably his only way of getting the message through.

Mein Tumblr

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2419 on: 29 May 2010, 14:21 »

Yeah, autistic kids are rather literal, as a rule (my cousin is autistic). Their "go away" could very well be someone else's "I'm sorta busy right now but maybe later?". He threw a minor tantrum when I interrupted him as he was working son something he could never explain before once but he came looking for me probably 5 minutes later like nothing had happened. It can be pretty tiring to deal with even if you just take what they say at face value and try not to read anything into it. We're just not socialized to handle most interactions that way.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2010, 14:22 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2420 on: 29 May 2010, 14:29 »

In this case I feel a little more justified for thinking that because he has this habit of asking our mom what happens when I fall down the stairs. Although I can't remember the last time he asked.

Mein Tumblr

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2421 on: 29 May 2010, 14:32 »

Yeesh.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2422 on: 29 May 2010, 15:06 »

he has this habit of asking our mom what happens when I fall down the stairs.
You lose your memory.

Although I can't remember the last time he asked.
See above.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2423 on: 29 May 2010, 18:41 »

I'm selling my mom. I will take one goldfish, instead of two, so this is totally a deal!

Really though, how do you tell someone who will guilt trip you/throw a tantrum/lock herself in her room for days and not eat and not feed her dependant kids, and not do anything to fucking sack the fucking hell up? She is whinning at me that she doesn't have any money because she keep giving it away to people, and refuses to ask for the money back from them. Her other daily complaint is that a guy that she cheated on my dad with, who is also married, has stopped talking to her, and that he is a horrible friend, and blah blah blah. Look, here is something you need to learn: dude used you, got what he wanted and now he is done. He never treated you with respect at all, and now he is continuing to do so. Your best bet would be to move on and forget about him.

Uggggggggggh.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2424 on: 29 May 2010, 18:51 »

I am going to put it out there that working overnight is a terrible feeling, the whole day it is just "3 hours to work...2 hours to work... 56 minutes to work" I wish I didn't have to do this every goddamn saturday. It's not even that busy, and I only do it one day a week, what the hell.

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #2425 on: 29 May 2010, 21:34 »

I'm selling my mom. I will take one goldfish, instead of two, so this is totally a deal!
I see what you did there.
Also, sympathies on your mum; it is deeply unpleasant to feel more mature than your parent. (My mum did not respond well when I decided to date outside her/our family's religion. 'Did not respond well' is a rather large understatement.)

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #2426 on: 30 May 2010, 04:21 »

Guys, Barcelona is a fantastic place with fantastic people and fantastic weather, and I'm really tempted to move here or something.

Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #2427 on: 30 May 2010, 04:46 »

Really though, how do you tell someone who will guilt trip you/throw a tantrum/lock herself in her room for days and not eat and not feed her dependant kids, and not do anything to fucking sack the fucking hell up?

I'm sorry you have to go through this. My mom is the guilt tripping type, and if it's not that, chances are she'll ignore you for a week. That's tough to deal with as a child. Thankfully it's gotten better over the years, but being the adult in that kind of situation sucks, when you're a kid. I hope she matures. During a particularly long freeze-out I packed a bag, went to my dad's and said before I left, "When you are ready to talk you can call me." Now we talk about our problems! Maybe your mom would respond to something like that?

In other news, blog thread, my life is pretty great right now. After a really long, tough year, it's nice that I love my job and I am getting along with my family and I have people around me that make me really happy. Things are lookin' up!

[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #2428 on: 30 May 2010, 09:19 »

Oh hey! Me too!
o/
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #2429 on: 30 May 2010, 09:41 »

I had three in four days this week, and now I have three in five days the coming week. And I just spent three hours watching my favorite football team fucking humiliate themselves by losing 5-0 at home, instead of studying.

Zingoleb

« Reply #2430 on: 30 May 2010, 15:34 »

The water pump broke at our house so I have been lugging buckets of water to and from the well. I'm officially redneck.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2431 on: 30 May 2010, 16:52 »

quick tell me why larry the cable guy is funny zing

Mein Tumblr

look out! Ninjas!

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #2432 on: 30 May 2010, 17:41 »

Well um er
Tina Turner kicking the crap out of Zombie Ike Turner?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #2433 on: 30 May 2010, 18:09 »

He has no sleeves. Duh.

Zingoleb

« Reply #2434 on: 30 May 2010, 19:07 »

quick tell me why larry the cable guy is funny zing

GIT R DONE

lolololololololol shit cracks me up everytime LOL.

...Jesus, I can't even pretend to do that.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #2435 on: 30 May 2010, 21:57 »

THE FOLLOWING POST IS ABOUT POOP
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2436 on: 30 May 2010, 21:58 »

i'm on a liquid diet and i have a colonoscopy tomorrow and i just had an enema and they're really weird feeling when you aren't in a dreamlike state caused by a loss of bodily fluid?? so i'm in an odd mood atm. anyways hopefully a butt doctor's inspection won't kill me tomorrow, and my poop can be cleared for international travel. gonna take my poops to america!!

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #2437 on: 30 May 2010, 21:59 »

END OF POOP ZONE

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2438 on: 30 May 2010, 22:05 »

BEGINNING OF NEW PAGE. INSERT POST.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2439 on: 30 May 2010, 22:07 »

School ends in 3 weeks-ish. Man did time fly.

Mein Tumblr

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #2440 on: 30 May 2010, 23:05 »

a butt doctor

I believe they like to be called arsologists.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2010, 23:09 by Inlander »

snalin

• You may Baste me
« Reply #2441 on: 31 May 2010, 13:48 »

I'm doing my final drama exam, and hell, it's hard work. 48 hours to make a 15 minute performance based on the characters and theme from another performance we made as preparation over a week about a month ago. I've worked from nine to half past nine, that's over twelve fucking hours and fucking shit. It's kinda fun, but we're going to have to work as much tomorrow, and I'm not quite recovered from a cold I've had since the 18th, so after the last performance and test about the performance on Thursday, I'mma be aching.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2442 on: 31 May 2010, 13:53 »

I've worked from nine to half past nine,
That's half an hour.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2443 on: 31 May 2010, 14:47 »

You're half a person.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2444 on: 31 May 2010, 15:04 »

This is half a post.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2445 on: 31 May 2010, 15:06 »

And this is the other half.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #2446 on: 31 May 2010, 15:25 »

Woo, I have an exam today! For Japanese. My grades for this class have been slowly declining over the semester and overall, I'm on 50.96 out of 70 marks so far. One test hasn't come back, and we are doing another one today that is made up of 25%. So, providing I got some marks for last week's 5% one, and some marks for this last test, I'll pass. Once the test is over, my boyfriend is taking me to the TRAIN STATION! And I am going to Sydney! Heather is taking me to see Emily Haines play with a String Quartet at the Opera House and then on Wednesday I am hanging out with KATIE and then on Thursday I come home! These things are all much more exciting than my exam today.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #2447 on: 31 May 2010, 15:32 »

To the person who shit in the urinal,

whyyyyyyyyyyyy

love me