THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 May 2024, 05:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 913672 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3000 on: 26 Jun 2010, 00:45 »

Pavement is a fucking epic live show.

Nothing will ever happen that will make me as happy as that did. Except maybe to see them again. I am planning on it.

I mean seriously half the crowd was just passing joints around like it wasn't a thing

Pavement + Berkeley is the best combo
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2010, 10:55 by Patrick »
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3001 on: 26 Jun 2010, 05:11 »

I have been to Austin in the summer. I thought where I lived was humid. I was wrong. I support the shave.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3002 on: 26 Jun 2010, 06:08 »

Aaaargh! An uncle of mine just fell for a 419 scam. I'll probably be the one that tries to explain it to him.  :-(
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3003 on: 26 Jun 2010, 10:17 »

Yesterday was great. I went to not one but two job interviews (whenever I have an interview, I get the job, it's always been this way), I got stuff done that I needed, got a bike, went to my father's house to do my laundry, wrestled a puppy, lost my cell phone, iPod and housekey...oh, wait, those aren't great!

I had to break into my own house. I live on the second story.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3004 on: 26 Jun 2010, 10:44 »

Went to bed at 3am, got up at 8am. Been on my feet baking bread since. I want to nap so bad.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
« Reply #3005 on: 26 Jun 2010, 11:16 »

I'm posting this from ubuntu remix 10.04 on my EeePC.  Wooo!  It looks like everything is working.
I installed over Xandros after two years because they're not so great at keeping their repositories up to date.

Now to figure out what other programs I have to remember I used and install them, and figure out the preferences I had on all my programs.

Also, I got a letter in the mail from my school saying I am currently the 8th best Chemical Engineer of the 78 in my class.  WOO!

If I can stop being stupid and make up with my girlfriend I'll  be having a pretty good day.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2010, 11:19 by smack that isaiah »
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3006 on: 26 Jun 2010, 11:42 »

good news is that ipod is working again, bad news is that i am kind of semi-unemployed now (meaning i now have one or two sad shifts a week instead of my usual full time hours) on account my suspicions were right and my replacement was in fact hired while i was away in chicago. i am not too terribly bummed about this, i should probably be more stressed out than i am because my vacation left me sort of broke but on the other hand i have more than enough already put away in savings for my big move in august and that horrible job was about 98% the cause of my crippling depression the last year or so. i guess i will just try to be as thrifty as possible for the next few weeks and use the time off to relax and start getting organized for my move and maybe make a budget and then maybe even knit or go for a run or something. i guess this is okay, i could do this.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3007 on: 26 Jun 2010, 15:01 »

Aaaargh! An uncle of mine just fell for a 419 scam. I'll probably be the one that tries to explain it to him.  :-(

Fuck, they got him for $800 and were angling for $3300 more. I'm glad I told him before that, but it still sucks to have to tell somebody news like that.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3008 on: 26 Jun 2010, 15:32 »

I just moved back into my house on Manley Road, last night being the first night. It was awesome, we had some people over and there's no furniture or anythign in the house so we just partied outside with dirtbikes and knives and ropeswings.

then when we woke up there was an Australian groundskeeper mowing our lawn and spraying for weeds (no idea why), so we started a fire and asked her to come drink beer with us but she declined (in her defense it was like 9 in the morning, and we suck, soo....)

anyway, i just basically wanted to say that my life is awesome again and I'm really excited about it
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3009 on: 26 Jun 2010, 17:07 »

oh man jimor that does suck. i've had to tell strangers that and that was bad enough. one was a cute little old lady so even though i am supposed to just straight transfer her to the fraud department, i made sure to wait with her because she was so scared and sad and she felt really dumb even though no one should because fraudsters are really really smart and they suck. i can imagine it was way worse when it's family or a friend.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3010 on: 26 Jun 2010, 18:04 »

So you guys know how my mom is A++++++ the best person ever? Well, she just dropped out of this craft fair thing last minute, and I found out not from her when she decided, but from my dad, and only after I called and emailed her with more info about it. This is after I had been up all morning sweating my ass off in my kitchen, covered in flour, baking all day. Yeah. Oh and she was supposed to provide the table.

I wish my siblings were all near or past the age of 18, instead of being 3-12 years old, so I could never ever ever fucking see/deal with my parents again. How do you become such a royal fuck up?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3011 on: 26 Jun 2010, 18:42 »

And now my boyfriend is bitching at me because I'm stressed out. Fuck. Fucking god damn shit fuck. Is there really such a thing as comfort? It doesn't seem like it exsists because it so rarely happens for me. One day, I want someone to hold me and listen to me and tell me everything will be ok. Instead of yelling at me for being stressed.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3012 on: 26 Jun 2010, 20:24 »

Hey, at least you don't have a dog that's like your own personal mood ring. Susan gets shakey and keeps her tail between her legs whenever I'm having a rough time of it. I put a smiley face on when my sister came over the other day and the darn dog immediately blew my cover.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #3013 on: 26 Jun 2010, 21:28 »

my brother just graduated high school. tomorrow night i'm gonna get drunk at his banquet. life owns
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3014 on: 27 Jun 2010, 05:13 »

my entire family is in my flat, and my flatmate's entire family is here.

There are way to many people in this flat for my liking. I think our plan is to go swim in a Loch though. Rad.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #3015 on: 27 Jun 2010, 05:29 »

my entire family is in my flat, and my flatmate's entire family is here.

There are way to many people in this flat for my liking. I think our plan is to go swim in a Loch though. Rad.

warning: the water will be absolutely freezing

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3016 on: 27 Jun 2010, 07:02 »

Today for my Sunday text message story I attempted to riff on Dante's Inferno reimagined as an attempt to find a parking space in an underground carpark, with possibly mixed results.

Also did a bunch of fun stuff.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3017 on: 27 Jun 2010, 10:16 »

FUUUUCCKKK YEEESSSS!!! Even though my mom is a cunt and ditched me, and my boyfriend and I fought, this was still a fantastic idea. I've already sold breads and brownies and cookies(!!!) and been taked at by a bakery and they want me to apply(!!!!) and and and(!!!!) I saw a for reals bearded lady!!!!! She had boobs and a beard! For seriously.

And I had two trannies rave about my brownies!!!!! Fuck yes having this sale during Pridefest!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3018 on: 27 Jun 2010, 10:37 »

I got a $10 tip solely because I played Ted Leo's "Since U Been Gone/Maps" mashup last night.

Made my fucking night, right there.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3019 on: 27 Jun 2010, 11:57 »

so uh i guess it's the good news thread

GOOD NEWS FROM ME: a boy [...] wants to get a drink.

the date went very well and i just got home (it is 2pm). his band is playing on monday and he's like yeah you should come but heck no i think that would be weird. hanging out again wed or thurs since tues he's in the cities since he made it to the finals in some comedy thing. i'm in like. or lust.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3020 on: 27 Jun 2010, 16:51 »

Sorry to interrupt the good news blog, but I need to complain. Last night at work finally convinced me that I need to seriously look for a new job. The night consisted of:

- The chef telling me for the third day in a row I couldn't eat what I wanted for dinner.
- Then he told me I am not allowed to order specials at all, even though everyone else does it all the time and I never do.
- After not making a big deal about changing my order, he teased me about not getting to eat fish, then telling me I shouldn't be angry at him.
- One of the new bosses was very passive aggressive about how I apparently don't work hard enough and told one of the other girls that I had to fill sugars, when they were already full.
- Said boss not saying anything to me all night, especially about my work ethic.

The most frustrating thing about that last part is that on saturday when I worked we were flat out all day, and we all worked our arses off (and made no mistakes the whole shift, which is a pretty big thing), and when I got to work yesterday we got slammed for 2 hours, and I was the only one on the floor who was good at waitressing, so I was basically doing everything. I work hard all the goddamn time, and just because the new guys don't want to work harder doesn't mean they can make the rest of us take up the slack that they are creating. I also don't like them (none of the floor staff do), so I am not inclined to work harder for them like I was for the old boss. Fuck 'em, we're all going to quit and they'll be screwed, because they haven't even been looking for new people to replace the old boss when he leaves in a month.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3021 on: 27 Jun 2010, 19:40 »

I have permission from my mother to turn the back of our garden into a vegetable patch. Excellence will commence next spring!

yesyesyesyesyes

vegetables gardens are the bestbestbestbestbest
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3022 on: 27 Jun 2010, 20:06 »

urgh, my grandmother's memory has basically walked off a cliff

so damn frustrating having to remind a person what you just said half a conversation ago
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3023 on: 27 Jun 2010, 20:09 »

Have fun when he forgets who you are entirely!

scarred

• Older than Moses
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3025 on: 27 Jun 2010, 23:26 »

Have fun when he forgets who you are entirely!

This happened with my grandpa when I was 15. He died a year later. Single worst thing I think has ever happened in my family.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3026 on: 27 Jun 2010, 23:28 »

Today for my Sunday text message story I continued to send out some freaking awesome stuff like I do every week

Fixed that for you, Harry.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3027 on: 27 Jun 2010, 23:44 »

Aww gees, if only I'd read this first I wouldn't have been so mean to you in the lies thread.

Oh well, too late now.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #3028 on: 28 Jun 2010, 04:17 »

Harry you are just an all round rad kind of dude!  When I first typed that I typed your name Harfy, which I think is an excellent name for you.

I have nothing to report on my life thusfar!  I am derbying and working and whatevs the same as always!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3029 on: 28 Jun 2010, 04:59 »

grandmother

he

Oops! I don't know why I saw grandfather.

This happened with my grandpa when I was 15. He died a year later. Single worst thing I think has ever happened in my family.

A few of my older relatives have had Alzheimer's, so no it's not actually fun. It's terrible. But I was being sarcastic and didn't mean to offend.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3030 on: 28 Jun 2010, 21:56 »

anywho I finally saw Zombieland. Not amazing, but entertaining.

Mein Tumblr

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #3031 on: 28 Jun 2010, 23:22 »

So things are still pretty legit with my new girlfriend which is cool. Also, I got a sunburn that blistered, that blister got infect and spread, my right shin is now all infected as shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.  Went to the doctor today to get some meds for it, with that and the stuff for my hands I take 9 pills a day and have to apply lotion to both of my hands and my shin a total of 12 times a day (one kind of lotion on my hands 6-8 times, another ointment on my hands 2 times, and the stuff on my shin at least 2 to 4 times.)  I hardly have time in the day for anything other than repairing my completely fucked skin.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3032 on: 29 Jun 2010, 02:00 »

I had my graduation ceremony yesterday. I now have to go to work but I am hungover.

:(
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3033 on: 29 Jun 2010, 07:57 »

I just realized why my job makes me feel kind of shitty all the time.

I am in the business of manipulating people. It makes me feel sleazy.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3034 on: 29 Jun 2010, 08:18 »

Blog thread,

Today my phone autocorrected the word couscous to anusbots. That is all.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3035 on: 29 Jun 2010, 08:26 »

The predictive texting on my phone tried to suggest "huh" instead of "hug" today, but I caught it in time and corrected it. Otherwise the sentence I was writing in the text message, which concerned my mother meeting her cousin in London on her annual trip there, would have read "Give Julia a great big huh from me", which is touch less familial than what I was going for.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3036 on: 29 Jun 2010, 09:46 »

How the hell do you treat super bad sunburn? I haven't been this badly burned since I was a kid. My chest is completely burned and my knees have been burned, it sucks so much. Other than apply aloe nonstop, what can I do?

Graphite

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • the final frontier?!
« Reply #3037 on: 29 Jun 2010, 09:51 »

Cold shower and a Savlon-like antiseptic cream on any cracked or broken skin both tend to help.

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7
« Reply #3038 on: 29 Jun 2010, 10:12 »

And if it somehow gets infected go to the doctor instead of trying to tough it out

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3039 on: 29 Jun 2010, 10:36 »

A few of my older relatives have had Alzheimer's, so no it's not actually fun. It's terrible. But I was being sarcastic and didn't mean to offend.

Nah dogg I wasn't flipping I was just saying

Dear blerg,

Whenever I go in person to apply for a job, they always tell me "HURPA DERP DERP APPLY ONLINE" and I'm like "Can I at least turn in a resume?" and they are like "Naw lol don't bother" and I just walk out and move to the next one

This has been going on since the day I got fired

Fuck

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #3040 on: 29 Jun 2010, 14:04 »

oh man jimor that does suck. i've had to tell strangers that and that was bad enough. one was a cute little old lady so even though i am supposed to just straight transfer her to the fraud department, i made sure to wait with her because she was so scared and sad and she felt really dumb even though no one should because fraudsters are really really smart and they suck. i can imagine it was way worse when it's family or a friend.

OK, what's worse is when they don't believe you and keep corresponding with the scammer trying to "work something out" to finish the deal.  :x :cry:

Anybody interested in anonymously fucking with a scammer if I can get the e-mail address?

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3041 on: 29 Jun 2010, 14:07 »

fuck yeah good grades

Mein Tumblr

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #3042 on: 29 Jun 2010, 14:28 »

May I gently nudge you in this direction?

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/index.php
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3043 on: 29 Jun 2010, 14:35 »

OK, what's worse is when they don't believe you and keep corresponding with the scammer trying to "work something out" to finish the deal.  :x :cry:

Anybody interested in anonymously fucking with a scammer if I can get the e-mail address?

Hit me up any day of the week, I'm always in for giggles mixed with social justice

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3044 on: 29 Jun 2010, 15:23 »

No, what's worse is when they do  believe you, but feel sorry for the scammer anyway and decide to continue.  That was my mum; she paid him about as much as I was left in her will a couple of years later.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3045 on: 29 Jun 2010, 16:25 »

i only failed one class this quarter, ffffuuuck yeah!
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3046 on: 29 Jun 2010, 16:58 »

I bought a motherfucking bicycle. Soon I will be a courier.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Inlander

• coprophage
« Reply #3047 on: 29 Jun 2010, 19:19 »

Hearing through the wall of my house my neighbour shout over the telephone at his ex-wife YAY.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3048 on: 29 Jun 2010, 19:43 »

Really, you like that? It sounds kinda shitty.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3049 on: 29 Jun 2010, 19:44 »

I bought a motherfucking bicycle.
pixplaz
Soon I will be a courier.
srsly?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 81   Go Up