THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 06:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 915742 times)

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3300 on: 11 Jul 2010, 20:22 »

I will probably be getting a job interview within the week. Starting pay for this job is $10/hour, which is better than I've ever made, ever. If I get the interview I will completely kick ass and get the job (assuming my past is to repeat itself. I have a 100% acceptance rate for every interview I've ever done, regardless of what for), but the interview's the hard part. My resume is looking pretty badass right now, so we'll see.

Crossing my fingers.

I have finally managed to get hold of some laundry detergent, so I'll even look (and smell) nice for this interview!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #3301 on: 11 Jul 2010, 20:47 »

So I am at the beach right now and my friend is with me and we are having the Best Times. The house we rented has a basement which is actually just the first floor. In the basement, there is a huuuuuge TV with surround sound and all this fancy entertainment stuff.
Today, myself and Brian have not left it except to eat and to go the beach once or twice. Oh my goodness.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3302 on: 11 Jul 2010, 21:19 »

I'd like to move to Norway for the weather, anything higher than 20C makes me hate life.

When it's a good summer when there's more than 20C for more than twenty days, and you usually never get snow in winter, extreme weather gets pretty enjoyable. The feeling of lying in the sun when it's 30+ in the shadows and just feel your body thaw is perfect - no wonder the main summer occupation of Norwegians is being on the Canaries.

EDIT: It turns out that if you stay up all night, you get very hungry. I've noticed it before, I guess, but lessons learned while drunk doesn't stay learned.

Also, I think this is the first time ever I've been unable to sleep for an entire night. At worst I'm up 3 hours after I've started trying to sleep, and reading for an hour always helps. I'm even going to work. Just for an hour or so, but it's the final chance to actually play though the performance and do all the experiments before I'll have to do it live. Oh, yes, my current work is playing one of two "scientists" doing a battle of science! Captain Cool vs. Rider Redox going at each other with nitrogen bombs and hydrogen soap bubbles! It's exothermic vs. what the hell the opposite of that is! Be ready to be astounded, stupefied, awed and other adjectives!

So, uh, I had kinda quit drama to start doing computer science, and then out of the fucking blue drama became my job. Fun, huh?
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2010, 00:13 by snalin »
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3303 on: 12 Jul 2010, 01:21 »

I just worked three twelve hour shifts at a music festival where I poured beer and served it drunken Scots all day long.

Then after our shifts we saw Eminem, Jay Z, Madness, and Broken Social Scene, got extremely high, and had a generally awesome time with lots of people we didn't really know.

Seeing Eminem live was awesome.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3304 on: 12 Jul 2010, 01:24 »

i got an apartment in burnaby!

West Side izz de best!
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3305 on: 12 Jul 2010, 04:08 »

Hard to know what to say, except that we feel for you.  I've had a friend die of asthma; just one at a time is bad enough.  Remember the good things, and try to get past the guilt phase soon.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3306 on: 12 Jul 2010, 05:11 »

I'm sure there will be wheelbarrows somewhere! Also there has been a momentuous decision: we're hiring a van to take props up. So I may not need to find Edinburgh-located ones.

Yahoo Search gave me this:
http://edinburgh.gumtree.com/edinburgh/69/56437969.html

Congratulations, Tania and Patrick.
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2010, 05:16 by HiFranc »
Francisco

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3307 on: 12 Jul 2010, 05:13 »

Hmm that looks interesting but I'm not sure it would be sturdy enough. I hadn't thought of looking on Gumtree though, thanks!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3308 on: 12 Jul 2010, 05:16 »

You're welcome, Barmy.
Francisco

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3309 on: 12 Jul 2010, 05:18 »

We're here if you need us, Tommy.

I would also suggest calling/seeing friends in RL as well (when you feel up to it).
Francisco

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3310 on: 12 Jul 2010, 05:20 »

Tommy, I don't know what to say. I'm awfully sorry for your loss.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3311 on: 12 Jul 2010, 12:12 »

Tommy, I'm really sorry to hear that. Recently, my aunt's neighbor(who I was somewhat close with) died, and then a lady who lived behind us died as well. It's fairly shocking when so many people you know start dying. I'm really sorry you are going through this. I hope things get better for you soon.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3312 on: 12 Jul 2010, 13:39 »

Tommy I am terribly sorry to hear about your recent stream of losses. Life most certainly is not fair. I may not be much help but I'm always around.

CardinalFang

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #3313 on: 12 Jul 2010, 15:39 »

Tommy, I don't know what to say. I'm awfully sorry for your loss.
(From Gabbly) Jodizzle: no sad deaths apart from the eaten kitten

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3314 on: 12 Jul 2010, 17:04 »

yeah, that's awful. condolences.
tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3315 on: 12 Jul 2010, 23:23 »

this probably isn't appropriate seeing the current topic of conversation, but...

Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3316 on: 12 Jul 2010, 23:39 »

Did you think that you were?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3317 on: 12 Jul 2010, 23:42 »

not really, but it is always something good to confirm (it's my round about way of saying it's Shark Week)
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3318 on: 12 Jul 2010, 23:49 »

not really, but it is always something good to confirm (it's my round about way of saying it's Shark Week)

Oh I see. And yes, it is always an awesome thing to confirm. Unless you are trying to become so, I guess.

And Sam, that really sucks. July is a shitty month for life, it seems. I hope he is well.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3319 on: 13 Jul 2010, 06:40 »

Congrats, Eris.

I now have a new mouse.  I can go on-line without worrying about my screen resizing itelf, going forwards and backwards inadvertantly, etc.
Francisco

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3320 on: 13 Jul 2010, 06:42 »

Sam, I hope the guy's OK.
Francisco

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3321 on: 13 Jul 2010, 06:56 »

I now have a new mouse.  I can go on-line without worrying about my screen resizing itelf, going forwards and backwards inadvertantly, etc.

I had some really funny issues once where I would randomly scroll, go forwards and backwards, etc.   So I went and bought a new mouse...  It started doing it again.  Turns out the problem wasn't the mouse, it was that my cell phone was too close to it.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3322 on: 13 Jul 2010, 07:00 »

Woo! Just booked flights for heading down to Melbourne for a consult with this tattooist I've been emailing. I'm so looking forward to this. Wheeee! Shit now I need to sort accomodation.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3323 on: 13 Jul 2010, 08:12 »

[...]

I had some really funny issues once where I would randomly scroll, go forwards and backwards, etc.   So I went and bought a new mouse...  It started doing it again.  Turns out the problem wasn't the mouse, it was that my cell phone was too close to it.

In my case I know what it is.  To make things "easier", the manufacturer included a few extra commands with the touchpad (e.g. if you tap on the touch pad it will act like a mouse button, etc).  I know that most of the things that happened were caused by me accidentally having two fingers on the touchpad at one time.  The others because I accidentally moved my finger in a pattern that the netbook interpreted as a command.

The lovely thing is that this isn't documented in the official user guides.  I only know because I found it in a config file when I bought the computer (even then it's not properly documented, just has options for which features to activate).  I found the screen again when I was setting up the replacement mouse.
Francisco

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3324 on: 13 Jul 2010, 12:05 »

I don't know if anyone Woots here. But Jesus. For those of you that don't know, woot.shirt.com is a usually awesome shirt site that sells one shirt a day of a user submitted design. Every week they have a derby, in which people submit designs of the announced theme, and people vote on which shirt they'd like to get printed. This week the theme is "kawaii". And the thread annoucing it is feel with the biggest bitchers in the entire world. I have never seen some many adults act like this. They are so god damn whiny. Now, I like woot and all, and I was not phased when they were bought buy amazon, but this huge amount of ego and bitchiness really makes me never want to buy a woot shirt again, or attend any of their god damn parties.

Also, there is a thread on ask.metafilter about whether you sit or stand to wipe. Now I thought that most kids get started out standing, but eventually, everybody started to sit, but I've met some people within the past year or so who all stand! I think that is crazy. It seems to me that it wouldn't be as clean, but I guess I'm wrong. What do you guys do? sit or stand?

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #3325 on: 13 Jul 2010, 13:33 »

Gosh Tommy, that's really terrible.  I know I'm kind of late on this; I was trying to think of something good to say, which was of course pretty futile. There isn't really anything I can say, except that I wish something wonderful happens to you, to begin making up for what you've been going through.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3326 on: 13 Jul 2010, 13:35 »

Why has everyone in the world been having this ass-wiping discussion lately?

"Standing" in this case doesn't mean you're at your full height looking dapper and squishing shit between your butt cheeks. It's more like just lifting yourself a few inches using the power of your legs, remaining mostly in the seated position and giving yourself room to work.

I fail to understand how shoving your hand either under your junk or between the space at the back of the seat and your ass crack is a more advantageous strategy. It seems clumsy and awkward.

And that is my unintentionally irate response.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3327 on: 13 Jul 2010, 13:50 »

Who else was discussing it?

And uh... as someone without a penis, it's pretty easy to sit and reach back there.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3328 on: 13 Jul 2010, 14:48 »

I've unfortunately been privy* to this conversation in real life several times lately. Not to mention on reddit and SA.

*get it?

Zingoleb

« Reply #3329 on: 13 Jul 2010, 14:56 »

Blaggy,

Walmart actually isn't a horrible place to work like I was expecting! It's just their policies that suck.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3330 on: 13 Jul 2010, 15:56 »

Dear blerg,

My lady and I had some friends come over to my place last night so we could all get wasted and play Scrabble. We ate some weird veggie pastry thing with hummus, and today I have the worst gastrointestinal distress I've had since I had salmonella back in Albania.

Also those fuckers wouldn't allow me to play "Io" which is the only reason I lost. It was on a double word, and it would've made "cod" on a double word as well. Such bull.

I will be collaborating musically with at least one of the two people we had over last night. Since they are romantically involved, though, I am disappointed to say I won't be working with both of them at once. I hate when that happens.

Love,
Me

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3331 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:12 »

So...my mom's cousin's (we'll call her Ir) mother died a few days ago. I found out that Ir's sister is the one that decided to pull the plug (after one week mind you), but both her and their brother are saying that Ir killed their mother. How this makes sense is beyond me, as she's the one that's been taking care of her for the past few years, because the other two couldn't be bothered with taking care of their mother. Needless to say, Ir is a mess. The funeral will probably will end up being Saturday, in which case I will not be able to go to, because I'm going to a wedding. This is a good thing, however, because I would probably end up calling a lot of people assholes and I don't know whether certain members of my family (read: the people I like) would appreciate that or not. But if the funeral is on Sunday, we'll see what happens and how many people I  kick in the shins.

I don't know where it comes from, but half of my extended family is pretty ok, but the other half are shitfucks and they do everything in their power to make the rest of us feel like crap. I wish they'd just go away and leave the rest of us be.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3332 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:14 »

Also those fuckers wouldn't allow me to play "Io" which is the only reason I lost. It was on a double word, and it would've made "cod" on a double word as well. Such bull.
proper noun, dude
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3333 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:15 »

The official list of acceptable words for American tournament play approved by the National Scrabble Association. It is based on the Official Scrabble Players' Dictionary (OSPD), with a few modifications to better reflect the rules of the game.

AA  AB  AD  AE  AG  AH  AI  AL  AM  AN  AR  AS  AT  AW  AX  AY  BA  BE  BI  BO 
BY  DE  DO  ED  EF  EH  EL  EM  EN  ER  ES  ET  EX  FA  GO  HA  HE  HI  HM  HO 
ID  IF  IN  IS  IT  JO  KA  LA  LI  LO  MA  ME  MI  MM  MO  MU  MY  NA  NE  NO 
NU  OD  OE  OF  OH  OM  ON  OP  OR  OS  OW  OX  OY  PA  PE  PI  RE  SH  SI  SO 
TA  TI  TO  UH  UM  UN  UP  US  UT  WE  WO  XI  XU  YA  YE  YO

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3334 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:35 »

I think Patrick was meaning Io, as in io, as in the moon, which is definitely a proper noun.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3335 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:40 »

New Scrabble rules say proper nouns are allowed, I believe.

It was in the news!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3336 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:47 »

You must live in some one-horse town.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3337 on: 13 Jul 2010, 16:56 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8604625.stm

Okay so I was a little off but you get the idea.
Liz is touching me.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3338 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:02 »

Welp, time to memorize some Chinese names.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3339 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:07 »

I think it sort of depends on who you are playing with too. My boyfriend and I played recently, and we decided that proper nouns of famous people were ok, but not friends and family.

Also, deciding on a dictionary helps too.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3340 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:28 »

I call it bullshit because my lady was the one using the names of Ancient Egyptian gods and she's the one who called me out on that play

Cheap

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3341 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:37 »

Yeah, the more I think about it the better it'd be to just leave 'em out. I say that mostly because if I drop a Vietnamese name like Nguyen on my sister she'll probably try and murder me.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3342 on: 13 Jul 2010, 17:46 »

During Tronnocon we played open rules Scrabble where you could play any word as long as someone else recognized it as an actual thing. This included names, foreign languages, etc. It was good times!

Then we made this:

Highlights include "coitus," "fuckin," and "boozeunf."
Liz is touching me.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3343 on: 13 Jul 2010, 18:02 »

I think "vajayjay", "load", and "ram" trump those three easily, my dear.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3344 on: 13 Jul 2010, 18:25 »

I think the fact that the first word was 'snatch' is what amazes me most.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3345 on: 13 Jul 2010, 18:58 »

My favorite is still wet melon. Mostly because of Kat giving instructions on melon fucking.

Ah, good times.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3346 on: 13 Jul 2010, 19:02 »

"boozeunf" is my new favorite word
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

sean

• welp
« Reply #3347 on: 13 Jul 2010, 19:08 »

blog thread, i dont post here much anymore, so im gonna give a life update. whoo!

summers been good, i work as a lifeguard and make okay $$$, so whatever
im actually addicted to cigarettes now which is depressing, how okay i am with this is even more depressing
my parents know im a stoner now which is bumming me out but they arn't kicking me out of the house/cutting me off so its chill
im thinking about radically changing my college path. instead of doing composition at shepherd u, im really highly debating transferring to catholic u to do music history/lit. this is because 1) fuck wv it is boring as shit and i love dc too much i miss it too often at school and 2) that major just makes more sense to me and its not even at shepherd so fuck it i am going to bounce after these next two semesters once i get my grades up.

so yeah, that is basically my life right now. it's alright.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #3348 on: 13 Jul 2010, 20:03 »

The latest episode of deadliest catch has left me :( :( :(
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
Francisco
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 81   Go Up