THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 06 Jun 2024, 07:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 920077 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3350 on: 13 Jul 2010, 23:24 »

I just spent the night playing Scrabble with my boyfriend, while watching episodes of MST3K. What kind of ring should I propose to him with?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3351 on: 13 Jul 2010, 23:30 »

Onion.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3352 on: 13 Jul 2010, 23:37 »

You know, I have been meaning to come up with a good onion ring recipe.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3353 on: 14 Jul 2010, 01:14 »

My mum and brother came to visit today! They didn't get lost and call me all frustrated, which was a nice change, and they brought my birthday presents with them.

They got me a sewing machine! A new one, not my mum's old one from the 80's, either! plus a giant ball of yarn and some embroidery hoops and a tiny little cross stitch kit so I can see if I like cross stitch. I am already secretly doing a big ol' cross stitch for my mum for christmas, but the thought was a good one. I also got a gift card for JB Hi Fi, which I am probably going to spend tomorrow on stuff which will be great. Then we went to a cafe and ate nice food, and looked in a lot of book shops, then hung out back here for a bit before going out for coffee and cake and then they went home. It was actually pretty nice, which is a bit surprising, because my family are kinda hard to deal with most of the time.

The sewing machine is a little intimidating, and I don't know where I am going to put it to use it (and what I am going to make with it), but I am excited none the less. Maybe some sort of toys, or quilting! bags!
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3354 on: 14 Jul 2010, 01:54 »

I am getting my mums old sewing machine, the first thing I am going to make are some pennants for my room! Check etsy pennanty inspiration, but I guess you probably wouldn't use them so much to decorate, since you share your house with A BOY. After that maybe I will make some simple boxy 80s blouses maybe?

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3355 on: 14 Jul 2010, 02:36 »

I am gonna make a bird toy for my old boss' kid, seeing as they are having another baby soon and the new kid is probably gonna get a ton of stuff and Hadi is always getting people to draw him birds. Now I am looking at etsy to try and get ideas and oh god etsy need to control myself from buying everything.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #3356 on: 14 Jul 2010, 04:00 »

Etsy helps squash those urges by never loading pictures of things on my computer. Sometimes it does, but every time I go back to have a second look at something it never works.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3357 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:18 »

So um, Jon and I are getting married.  Happy day is January 14, 2012 and it's going to be in a freakin castle!  Since we started actively planning, I've regressed to my 7 yr old self with looking at pretty wedding dresses and flowers and crap.  Only sort of making myself sick, but I mostly LOVE it.  So yeah, that's what's new.  Other stuff... um, kid is still kid-like and my exams for work may get put off while I focus on planning the wedding.  I guess we'll see how much I can handle as time passes. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3358 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:30 »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE congradulations! That is so awesome! I'm really happy for you guys!! Hurrah!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #3359 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:38 »

Ahhh congrats Jon and Rachel!!
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3360 on: 14 Jul 2010, 05:45 »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3361 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:11 »

Congratulations, pen!
Francisco

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3362 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:45 »

Thanks guys!!  =)

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3363 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:07 »

Turns out the downside of speed dating is that if you're unsuccessful it's like being rejected by a whole heap of people at once. Normally I can handle being turned down pretty well because, fuck it, it's nothing personal: you can't demand that there be chemistry between you and somebody else just because you'd like there to be. But I did have some expectation that at least one of the twelve women I met on Saturday night might be interested in meeting up with me again, even if only platonically (which was one of the options we were given on the little survey thing).

Actually, there was one woman who was interested in keeping in touch platonically: someone who's a friend of a friend, who I'd met at that mutual friend's wedding several years ago. I don't really feel that that counts.

Fuck it. I just don't know how to do this whole dating thing. I try and I try and I try and it's just the same thing every fucking time.

Sorry guys, between this and the fact that I'm simultaneously being rejected by every real estate agent whose house I apply for I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3364 on: 14 Jul 2010, 08:42 »

A castle? In the U.S.?

Also: we are all going to crash your wedding. There better be alcohol.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3365 on: 14 Jul 2010, 08:51 »

Inlander, speed dating isn't for everyone.  I know I didn't meet anyone through that method when I was single.  It may simply be the fact that it's your first time doing it or that speed dating isn't suited to your personality.
Francisco

pen

• Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3366 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:25 »

Thanks again. =) 

Liz, http://www.searlescastlewindham.com/  Open bar for 5 hours.  I'm looking forward to this.  Oh, did I mention that we're doing karaoke, too?  Full of awesome.

Harry, sorry things aren't working for you in speed dating.  I've never tried it, but I've never heard good things about it either.  I don't think it's you!!

öde

« Reply #3367 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:29 »

Congratulations guys!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #3368 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:43 »

Alright, who's gonna crash this wedding with me?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3369 on: 14 Jul 2010, 11:02 »

Harry, I know how you feel and I have a solution: we should get married! (Sorry Emilio but you missed your chance.)

I have been propositioning and proposing to people in Meebo and so far no one has accepted me. If I can't get the internet to date me then I have no hope with real people!

Speaking of real people, my assistant for the Edinburgh play arrived today and helped me to make some wooden swords, but I left her for ten minutes to go and sort something and when I got back she had gone. I have an idea that someone involved in the production which was starting upstairs in about an hour had probably come down and asked her to stop sawing, but I don't know why she just left instead of coming to find me! Oh well, I will see her tomorrow and I'm going to go back and finish the swords in the morning.

There is SO MUCH TO DO.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3370 on: 14 Jul 2010, 11:29 »

Alright, who's gonna crash this wedding with me?

ME! It'd be like a Bostocon 1.0 reunion since it's in January!

...I wonder if the person doing karaoke will be that dude Eed snogged. If so, that'd be hilarious.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #3371 on: 14 Jul 2010, 11:52 »

Congratulations Jon and Rachel!

Blog Thread, life is pretty decent I guess? I seem to have completely fucked up my circadian rhythm again though. Oh well.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3372 on: 14 Jul 2010, 12:04 »

Dear blerg,

Instead of having a good time hanging out with my lady I instead chose to wallow in self-hatred and self-pity. She chose to try to talk me out of it. I chose to ignore the nice things she said to me.

It shouldn't be her goddamn job to talk me back up. It wasn't my idea to start seeing each other in the first place, and I should've just said "No I can't see you, because I'm too busy hating myself and I will never be happy so I think I should spare you." It's been less than a month since I even met her, she's already doing things she shouldn't ever feel the need to do. I never asked for this. Shit, I never asked for anything more than her number, and only so we could work on music together.

God damn you Patrick why do you have such blind disregard for the things you know you should do? I fucking hate myself, and better, I'm dragging somebody worthwhile down with me.

ijrgimrtm,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

öde

« Reply #3373 on: 14 Jul 2010, 12:08 »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3374 on: 14 Jul 2010, 12:39 »

So my mom is a stupid cunt and recently posted this on a webboard:
(All edits by my are done in () and are bolded.)

Sooo last night while I was at the grocery the pastor(Pastor Dave. A man she went to high school with, who she has recently got in touch with, who was at one point on his way to becoming a pastor, and now sends her messages on facebook that start out with "hey naughty girl")kept texting me about meeting him sometime, he is worried about my soul I think.
When I get a new text my phone plays the beginning of DTE(DTE is a Pearl Jam song, and Eddie Vedder is the singer), you know when Eddie screams, so every time I would get a text my phone would do that and everyone would look at me. I finally said just call me.
We set up a time to meet. I ask the hubby is it works for him, he says yes.
I just now get an email from the hubby that he is watching Lady Gagas trucks(My dad works two jobs to support my mom and their kids. One is a computer guy for a college, the other is security for various events) from Friday 8pm until Saturday 8am. I was supposed to meet the pastor at 8am for breakfast.
So the hubby basically said my plans aren't important(Meeting some dude so you can fuck him behind your husband's back not as important as making sure your kids have food? How absurd!). He doesn't have to work every time they call him(but we all understand why he does.). AND he's working the show that night so he would be working all night Friday and come home for a few hours and then work all night Saturday and be an ass all day Sunday.

I'm pissy. And tired since I haven't slept the past two nights. Tonight should be fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, I'm resisting the urge to walk over to IL so I can stab her repeatedly in the face, and thinking that maybe I should just respond to her post with this picture:

But I think either one would send her to her bed for a few weeks.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3375 on: 14 Jul 2010, 12:57 »

All you can do when your parents act like children is ignore it, and pick up any pieces that need picking up. Someone (who? Anyone know?) once said that you can change a person 5% for 5 minutes. Don't waste your energy caring about anyone else's juvenile behaviour, just do your best to mitigate harm to anyone who can't look out for themselves (in this case your siblings) and look forward to the day you don't have to be around it.

Guys I know I just posted in here but I am really excited because I have in the last two weeks managed to formulate an academic path that really interests me and makes full use of my degree! It's giving me motivation for actually working on my current course and if all goes well, I won't have to jump too far to get into my actual area of interest. And I will, hopefully, with a huge dose of luck and some very hard work, never have to leave uni!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #3376 on: 14 Jul 2010, 14:47 »

Today I decided to throw a party on a whim because it's Bastille Day and I think it's actually happening and I'm so excited! This is like the first non-birthday party I've single-handedly organized and I'm so pleased that it's actually coming together despite the fact that it's been announced the day of.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3377 on: 14 Jul 2010, 14:52 »

There is a gay bar called Bastille down the street from my apartment. I wonder if they will be celebrating.

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto
« Reply #3378 on: 14 Jul 2010, 14:53 »

Brb. Storming the Bastille.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3379 on: 14 Jul 2010, 19:27 »

Long story short,

Biking home I saw a kitty. I stopped the bike and jumped off 'cause KITTY. Ended up meeting a traveling hippie, and then her traveling partners - two gay guys and a cross-dresser!  We wandered around the cemetery, and I ended up at their place which is A) Bigger than mine B) more beautiful than mine C) cheaper than mine by over a hundred dollars and D) Available on the first.

YES

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3380 on: 14 Jul 2010, 20:43 »

Then I hope you're on a month to month lease...

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3381 on: 14 Jul 2010, 21:19 »

Smoked the best weed in my life (it smelt just like tropical punch!) and played with a massive fuzzball of a pomeranian/poodle cross last night who seemed to like me instantly, which never happens with animals or kids. Entire life is falling down around me right now but last night was pretty boss
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3382 on: 14 Jul 2010, 21:21 »

Then I hope you're on a month to month lease...

I am!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3383 on: 14 Jul 2010, 21:33 »

Hey guys, I met Andrew WK today
The first thing he said to me was "I like your outfit" as I was in all white. I was so excited (much akin to a giddy schoolgirl) all I could reply with was "Thanks, I like yours too!" Then he shook my hand, and signed my pants, he thought my name was Chase, at first, which is why it says "CHASING JACE ALL AROUND!" Then we took a picture. Then I asked for a headbutt, he said he had a very sensitive forehead, so we did a tiny headbutt instead. He joked about how he could feel the pain, and asked if he was bleeding. It was the best thing. He also signed my girlfriend's phone with "JESSICA IS A PARTY!" Excitement all around, I bought a tshirt, jacket, 2 patches, his new 2disc CD release, pins and an air freshener. Also I met his wife and she signed one of her stickers for me.
Overall, it was the best day of my life thus far.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #3384 on: 14 Jul 2010, 22:58 »

Smoked the best weed in my life (it smelt just like tropical punch!)

If it doesn't smell like cat pee, it doesn't quell my anxiety attacks.

*You like this.*
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #3385 on: 15 Jul 2010, 00:20 »

I turned 17 today while listening to Royksopp; it's a good start! Too bad there are no good R-rated movies out right now.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3386 on: 15 Jul 2010, 07:45 »

Dear Blog,

Just now a little bird bumped into my window! It was then sitting on the window sill, hardly moving, looking confused and rocking back and forth. I thought it was going to die! Its leg looked like it couldn't move it and it hardly reacted, even when I touched it. But apparently it was jsut stunned, because after a few minutes it started moving and then flew away. Stuff like that really makes me happy, in a way.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3387 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:13 »

blog thread,

i have already worked a shift today and now i have to go back to work to "reset" the shop and ready for tonight's midnight launch of the xbox 360 slim. i might ask if i can wear my jeans and trainers as i won't be leaving the till all night. on the upside, me and the newbie nicola are gonna set up 4 xboxes in the store and we're gonna play halo multiplayer on system link on the 4 testing tvs we have behind the till. siiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

sidenote: i am so full of redbull right now i think i am actually going to have to roll around on the floor screaming "XBOX XBOX XBOX" for a few minutes when i actually get back to work.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3388 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:55 »

The first thing he said to me was "I like your outfit" as I was in all white. I was so excited (much akin to a giddy schoolgirl) all I could reply with was "Thanks, I like yours too!" Then he shook my hand, and signed my pants, he thought my name was Chase, at first, which is why it says "CHASING JACE ALL AROUND!" Then we took a picture. Then I asked for a headbutt, he said he had a very sensitive forehead, so we did a tiny headbutt instead. He joked about how he could feel the pain, and asked if he was bleeding. It was the best thing. He also signed my girlfriend's phone with "JESSICA IS A PARTY!" Excitement all around, I bought a tshirt, jacket, 2 patches, his new 2disc CD release, pins and an air freshener. Also I met his wife and she signed one of her stickers for me.
Overall, it was the best day of my life thus far.

this is fucking awesome

awk is my hero
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #3389 on: 15 Jul 2010, 11:50 »

thanks to 2mg ativan i slept for more than 2 hours at a time this month!

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3390 on: 15 Jul 2010, 13:04 »

I feel good this evening because I cooked myself a meal (that can be reheated for a few days) when I was feeling lazy.
Francisco

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3391 on: 15 Jul 2010, 16:24 »

today's discovery: it turns out that google street view is actually immensely useful for scoping out neighborhoods in a city you have never visited and are moving to very soon. like, this whole renting from afar thing had me super weirded out about whether or not the pictures i got were truly accurate and what my neighborhood was actually like and so on and then today i suddenly realized "hey, i can just see what this house and neighborhood looks like on google street view and then i will know what i am getting myself into." i saw my house and street and everything! i took a virtual walk around the entire neighborhood. it's really cool. my apologies, google street view, you are not as creepy and unnecessary as i thought you were.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #3392 on: 15 Jul 2010, 16:42 »

Heh, i occasionally use it for work as well, to see if a company we think doesnt exist anymore, truely isnt there anymore. (if there are trees growing on lot, its a good indicator that the archive is actually correct)...
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3393 on: 15 Jul 2010, 17:50 »

on the upside, me and the newbie nicola are gonna set up 4 xboxes in the store and we're gonna play halo multiplayer on system link on the 4 testing tvs we have behind the till. siiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

we never actually got to do this because we were made to wait an hour for a table when we went to get dinner.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

öde

« Reply #3394 on: 15 Jul 2010, 18:25 »

So you don't like your mum hypocritically and selfishly complaining about her relatives, boyfriend, and other shit on a forum, yet you complain about your relatives, boyfriend and other shit on a forum?

It's good to vent but maybe you should actually resolve your problems with people in the real world so you don't have to get angry about all this stuff all the time?

nobo

« Reply #3395 on: 15 Jul 2010, 18:53 »

FUCK YES! Jace, you are the man! I have Party Hard on my gym mix and i swear whenever it comes on I can life 25% more weight.
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3396 on: 15 Jul 2010, 18:55 »

So you don't like your mum hypocritically and selfishly complaining about her relatives, boyfriend, and other shit on a forum, yet you complain about your relatives, boyfriend and other shit on a forum?

It's good to vent but maybe you should actually resolve your problems with people in the real world so you don't have to get angry about all this stuff all the time?

I think it's more the part where her mom is shamelessly complaining about not being able to cheat on her dad because his time off gets in the way.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #3397 on: 15 Jul 2010, 19:02 »

My favorite is still wet melon. Mostly because of Kat giving instructions on melon fucking.

Ah, good times.
Speaking of melon fucking:
A few weeks ago I signed up to be a guide for this text messaging service where you can text questions and get answers and on the first night I got a request for "creative household objects a man can use for masturbation."  Oh yes I did reply with instructions for melon fucking.   
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3398 on: 15 Jul 2010, 20:39 »

That is awesome.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #3399 on: 15 Jul 2010, 20:41 »

Excellent Kat, so excellent.

So anyway Hi Blog Thread!

Today is the big day. At 2255hrs local time I will be getting on a plane, and I will be flying to Tokyo, where I will spend two nights, and from there I will be getting on another plane and flying onwards to New York. Open your legs America, I'm comin'
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 81   Go Up