THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 May 2024, 09:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 916677 times)

Lines

• Awakened
Re: Blog Thread III : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #3450 on: 17 Jul 2010, 10:22 »

John, I'm sorry about your cat. I didn't know about it either. I wish I had, considering I went through the same thing back in April. I think some posts here tend to get buried with nonsense and I sincerely wish I could give you a hug right now.

And dudes, drop the bickering. It's getting really annoying and I would ignore it, but it's in about every other post now and that's kind of hard to ignore.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #3451 on: 17 Jul 2010, 10:40 »

Sorry guys, I had a bit to drink last night and got bitter.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3452 on: 17 Jul 2010, 10:47 »

I AM GOING TO BLOG NOW, IF YOU WOULD RATHER NOT HEAR ABOUT MY DAY THEN DO NOT READ THIS POST (I feel like we should always put a disclaimer when we are going to use a thread for its purpose).

Today I have begun to make a papier mache cauldron! It is going reasonably well but like everything else it is taking far too long. Argh so much to make, so little time. I just came back for dinner and now I'm going out again to continue making things long into the night.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #3453 on: 17 Jul 2010, 10:53 »

Last night I got up to shenanigans! It involved lots of whiskey, a large quantity of ginger beer, numerous joints, and rooftops.

Also, the bassist from We Were Promised Jetpacks broke my bike while riding on the back (I think he was too heavy and as a result the wheel was bent out of shape). I would probably be more okay with this if I knew more of their stuff.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3454 on: 17 Jul 2010, 11:10 »

I am going to a wedding today! One of the guys in my D&D group is getting married and I'm going with the rest of the group. I hope this wedding will be fun! And hopefully there will at least be a cash bar, because man, weddings with no alcohol are not as much fun.

I hope this doesn't make me seem like an alcoholic, considering I really don't drink that often, but people dance more when there is booze. Receptions with very few people dancing is no fun at all.

Zingoleb

« Reply #3455 on: 17 Jul 2010, 11:34 »

My cousins got married and - well, gee, that sounds weird already. My cousin, when he got married, had an open bar at his wedding, and my side of the family was on the right and her side was on the left. Her side had a few beers here and there, maybe a glass of wine, which was all from the bar. My side of the family had bottles of whiskey, gin, rum, vodka, everywhere, which they brought themselves.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #3456 on: 17 Jul 2010, 11:36 »

having an open bar at your wedding is just one of those unspoken social things. everyone should always have an open bar at their wedding. yes yes i know it's your happy day and you are really excited and stuff but, no offense dude and lady about to get married... it's kind of a hassle and a little bit boring for everybody else. i'm sorry to say it but having been to like, a billion weddings it's kind of the truth. they take forever and there's always way too many people you don't know. i know open bars are expensive, but seeing as your friends and family got you a huge pile of presents and money and got dressed up and took the day off work and drove all the way out to the country club or hawaii or wherever your wedding was just to see you get married and cry and gush and get photographed like a billion times, the absolute least you can do to show your appreciation for making them come is to get them drunk so they can actually have some fun.  if you make them pay for their booze or, worse, don't have alcohol available at your wedding at all, you're a dick. no exceptions. always, always have a god dang open bar at your dang wedding.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3457 on: 17 Jul 2010, 11:41 »

Or just hand out enough adequate champagne that no-one even knows whether there is a bar after the first half-hour.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Zingoleb

« Reply #3458 on: 17 Jul 2010, 11:42 »

wait what the wasn't that post just before my post

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3459 on: 17 Jul 2010, 12:10 »

if you make them pay for their booze or, worse, don't have alcohol available at your wedding at all, you're a dick. no exceptions. always, always have a god dang open bar at your dang wedding.

Uh, with my family it actually cost my cousin more money to have an open bar than my half sister spent on her wedding. Some people are just broke. Don't be a dick by calling them dicks.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3460 on: 17 Jul 2010, 13:00 »

Barmy, good luck with the prop making.

Linds, enjoy the wedding.
Francisco

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3461 on: 17 Jul 2010, 13:30 »

if you make them pay for their booze or, worse, don't have alcohol available at your wedding at all, you're a dick. no exceptions. always, always have a god dang open bar at your dang wedding.

Uh, with my family it actually cost my cousin more money to have an open bar than my half sister spent on her wedding. Some people are just broke. Don't be a dick by calling them dicks.

Yeah. Open bars are pretty expensive, and I wouldn't have one. Especially with my boyfriend's dad being a recovering alcoholic and all. I'd rather just by a few bottles of the wine we like, and share that with the people we care about.

Of course, I wouldn't have a big wedding at a country club. Maybe in Hawaii, but only because I actually have family there. But it looks like it probably just be in a park.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3462 on: 17 Jul 2010, 14:07 »

open bar at weddings
Maybe if you don't enjoy weddings you can politely decline to go to said weddings?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3463 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:02 »

running your own open bar is actually pretty easy and affordable (compared to the other costs associated with weddings, that is) if you just buy your own alcohol and get a couple of volunteers to mix drinks. or you could just buy some champagne or wine, like paul said. or just buy a bunch of beer and keep it in a cooler, who cares.

most of this applies to relatively big weddings where a lot of cash is already being dropped and nobody is a recovering alcoholic so consider really tiny weddings between just a few friends or weddings where money is obviously a really massive, massive issue ruled out - but in a relatively medium-to-high volume wedding that is already a bit pricey, i honestly can't see any reason at all why some free alcohol shouldn't be included in there. it's the best way to thank your guests for their gifts, for their time and help, for making the trip, for taking the time off work and anything else going on in their lives, etc. to pretend that every single other person at your wedding is going to be as giddy and ecstatic and overjoyed and high on life as you are on your wedding day that they will be able to get through the entire day and night on sheer adrenaline alone is just not being realistic. of course they are happy for you and of course they are excited, but a wedding also takes all day and there's a lot of stuff that goes on. if you are neither the bride or groom it can even get to be a bit boring at times. consider the fact also that while you may know everybody at your wedding, they aren't necessarily all going to know each other. they might end up not knowing a LOT of people, even, and as a result may feel kind of awkward. having some drinks available is a really considerate way of saying thank you to everyone who's there and it helps people loosen up and meet each other and have fun. if you absolutely cannot for whatever reason have an open bar, you can maybe compromise by doing something like paying for 1-2 drink tickets per person to use at a cash bar. everyone does their own thing, but as much as it's your day and your wedding, you still have an obligation to be considerate and hospitable to the people who took the time out of their busy lives to come to your wedding, especially the guests who actually spent a lot of money on gifts or traveled a really, really long way to be there. you could also just send out invitations and accept the fact that a lot of people are going to decline to go to your wedding because they might be kind of bored or because it's a bit inconvenient, but getting a whole pile of "no" replies on a day that is really important to you really sucks so why do that when you can make your guests want to be there by just making it fun for them? like i said, i have been to a lot of weddings and the ones where some sort of alcohol is provided are infinitely more enjoyable, for pretty much everyone.
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2010, 15:19 by tania »

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #3464 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:18 »

I'm with Tania. If finances allow, or if you're already going to shittons of expense, why the hell not? Alcohol is a great social lubricant. It brings the awkwardness level down for those attending your wedding and reception. That way, the awkwardness only happens when you wake up next to a naked and possibly ugly stranger.

I mean seriously just go out and get enough bitch beer to incapacitate a small whale. My lady and I had a party at her place last night and we got a good 12 people shitfaced for like $30. That or just pull an Albania and have somebody in your family make a shitload of 195-proof moonshine, it's not like it's expensive to make.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Ptommydski

« Reply #3465 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:20 »

I can think of so many reasons to have a "dry" wedding that I can completely understand not even having booze available.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #3466 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:30 »

I seem to remember with my parents' wedding they had an open bar, but sat all the people who would take advantage of that at one table and told the bartender to make them start paying after a certain time. As someone who doesn't drink wine or champagne or beer, I would rather at least some sort of bar where what I drink is available so that the whole having to deal with my extended family thing is made a bit easier.

BLOG: yesterday I was in a terrible mood at work, so much so that one of the other girls asked me if everything was alright. I fell asleep in the middle of dinner, and went to bed early, and today I feel pretty good! Hopefully the new bosses don't ruin my mood.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3467 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:46 »

I feel bad because I was kinda a dick to the clerk in the store a little bit ago, but seriously that place was trying my nerves.

I just wanted a couple white undershirts, so I walked upstairs to the men's clothes. I found the shirts in like two seconds but then, despite the fact that there was a mile long line for the checkout on the first floor and half a dozen registers on the second floor, the checkout on the second floor was closed. There was no way I was gonna wait in that line just to buy 1 package of undershirts, so I wandered around until I eventually found a clerk and asked her "excuse me can you check me out upstairs?" She got as far as "I'm sorry" and I just tossed the package on the nearest table and walked out of the store.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3468 on: 17 Jul 2010, 15:53 »

That is one thing I will never understand about stores, they have 30 checkout lines, but only 2-3 open and a bunch of employees just standing around. I mean, come on, you can see that the lines are super long, just open another register or two.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3469 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:01 »

This is the last I have to say to you. I'm just gonna pretend you don't exist, maybe you can do the same and we can both stick around!

Does this forum have an ignore function? Most do, specifically for things like this.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #3470 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:03 »

that's something i don't really get either. in every retail job i have ever had, literally every single employee is trained on basic cash so that if any customer is in a hurry and really needs to pay and get out, the nearest employee can easily help them out. while i guess it costs the store a bit of money to give their employees the extra training, learning how to use a cash register is REALLY easy (it took me maybe 15 minutes to learn, maximum) and as a store manager you will easily make back whatever money you spent on training your employees from all the people in joe's situation who will actually be able to pay for their items instead of leaving because they didn't have the time to wait.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3471 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:32 »

This is the last I have to say to you. I'm just gonna pretend you don't exist, maybe you can do the same and we can both stick around!
Does this forum have an ignore function? Most do, specifically for things like this.

I know! I would totally ignore Jens and his pompous, diplomatic ass.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3472 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:35 »

I already ignore Jens all the time anyway. It makes Christmas particularly fun.

I just got back from a party with an open bar! One of the grad colleges had their end of term party (the end of term was like, June 10th but grads are weird) and they were using up all the things that will go off over the vacation so lots of free cocktails, beer and wine! Also cheese and crackers, oddly. I had several Tequila Sunrises without the tequila (so just sunrises?) and some delicious cheese, and had lots of fun with the cast of the Edinburgh play and you guys this is going to be so much fun, two weeks in Edinburgh with them and they're awesome, and so many of them have already helped to make props and even more of them will be coming tomorrow morning to help some more (probably hung over!).

Seriously, I'm really excited. And my assistant has a bit of a crush on at least one of the girls in the cast, which is very cute and may even come to something possibly.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3473 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:48 »

my assistant has a bit of a crush on at least one of the girls in the cast, which is very cute and may even come to something possibly.

Do you pick on him? He's your assistant tease him about this constantly

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3474 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:51 »

having an open bar at your wedding is just one of those unspoken social things. everyone should always have an open bar at their wedding. yes yes i know it's your happy day and you are really excited and stuff but, no offense dude and lady about to get married... it's kind of a hassle and a little bit boring for everybody else. i'm sorry to say it but having been to like, a billion weddings it's kind of the truth. they take forever and there's always way too many people you don't know. i know open bars are expensive, but seeing as your friends and family got you a huge pile of presents and money and got dressed up and took the day off work and drove all the way out to the country club or hawaii or wherever your wedding was just to see you get married and cry and gush and get photographed like a billion times, the absolute least you can do to show your appreciation for making them come is to get them drunk so they can actually have some fun.  if you make them pay for their booze or, worse, don't have alcohol available at your wedding at all, you're a dick. no exceptions. always, always have a god dang open bar at your dang wedding.

It would've cost more than every other part of the wedding combined for us to have had an open bar at our wedding.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #3475 on: 17 Jul 2010, 16:55 »

excuses excuses, tania just spit in your general direction

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #3476 on: 17 Jul 2010, 17:29 »

I can think of so many reasons to have a "dry" wedding that I can completely understand not even having booze available.

Some families just can't really have nice, casual things, be it due to personal or financial problems. It sucks, but it's true. At my half sister's wedding we basically had my uncles and myself on standby to bounce her father if he showed up.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3477 on: 17 Jul 2010, 20:59 »

I do not expect open bars at every wedding, nor do I think they are always the best thing depending on the people who are going, but at least have a cash bar if you can. But if you're trying to save money, I can understand not having alcohol. It's not really a necessity, but it does make things more fun for some people. However, I have friends who refused to have open bars because some members of their family would have drunk away the entire budget and I completely understand that, because I would probably have to do the same thing.

This wedding did not have alcohol, actually, but due to the younger crowd and a much better DJ, the reception was actually quite fun! A lot of people were dancing because the DJ did the smart thing and played a lot of the line dances first to get the people on the floor. Then he mixed in lots of fun, upbeat songs and then started adding in slower ones here and there. Also, instead of having numbered tables, the tables had their own theme. I was at the Nintendo table! I was very happy with this. Got to love when both the bride and groom are huge nerds...

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3478 on: 17 Jul 2010, 21:10 »

Apparently my uncle met David Cameron and is now working with him.

My family is so weird.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #3479 on: 17 Jul 2010, 21:50 »

My uncle is David Cameron.

Or at least he's a David Cameron.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #3480 on: 17 Jul 2010, 22:42 »

Prime Minister David Cameron then.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #3481 on: 18 Jul 2010, 01:01 »

After breaking a mental sweat I calculated that I bike up and down a mountain road about 8km to and from work every day. I would expect better results from my lungs after i have gone from a pack a day smoking, cut down to 20 cigarettes over the last two weeks, and have been doing extensive exercise. But at the same time I cannot argue with the fact I am still smoking a little (working on it!) which undoes so much of my effort.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3482 on: 18 Jul 2010, 01:02 »

Is it me or is it getting colder?  In June (especially the start) it got so hot that my main concern was keeping my medication cool[1] (I now keep my hayfever medication in the fridge) but now it's getting a lot cooler and, if it drops a degree or two I may even put the heating on again.

Beat, good luck with cutting cigarettes out of your life completely.

[1] My flat got to about 26 deg C with the windows open.
Francisco

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #3483 on: 18 Jul 2010, 01:12 »

The well-known "English summer".  Actually, yes, it's below average again, as it's been for almost all the last six months (tomorrow may be a little warmer, perhaps).  Also, after the really wet autumn and all that snow, it's strange to hear that it's been the driest for 80 years this year so far - hullo drought restrictions! (they're closing a canal near Liverpool for starters).
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2010, 01:14 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #3484 on: 18 Jul 2010, 05:17 »

Dear English Summer,
It is the middle of Australian Winter and today my boy and I went for a picnic by the river because the weather was too lovely to ignore. I stripped down to tank top and jeans and bare feet and we ate cold cold ham salad rolls, strawberries and cream, cheese and crackers. Excellent!

Tonight we made a fire in the backyard and played with sparklers, then when we ran out used my LED keychain to do some light writing!

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #3485 on: 18 Jul 2010, 07:10 »

I am so glad that Lego Man is of great use! :D
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3486 on: 18 Jul 2010, 09:09 »

Lunch, your photos are making me feel hungry. ;-)
Francisco

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #3487 on: 18 Jul 2010, 13:11 »

i've been having a few problems with my health lately and it's quite indicative that i have something that's not great, so i'm going to see the doctor and we'll see how that goes i guess.

other than that, blag: WORK WORK WORK WORK MONEY MONEY MONEY BLAH BLAH BLAH my job is shit i wish i got paid commission.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3488 on: 18 Jul 2010, 13:40 »

Gemm, 

Hopefully, it's nothing serious.
Francisco

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #3489 on: 18 Jul 2010, 15:01 »

my assistant has a bit of a crush on at least one of the girls in the cast, which is very cute and may even come to something possibly.

Do you pick on him? He's your assistant tease him about this constantly

Tis a girl, and yes, a little bit (but she knows far too much about me for me to risk her teasing back!).

Good luck Gemm, don't be ill! It's no fun.

Lots of things happened today, including lots of PAPIER MACHE and some babies and two churchings and piratings and a panic attack (not mine, but I was trying to help and feeling inept), and also I met a boy who seemed like he was kind of flirty and he gave me his business card. It is depressing that I am a) old enough that when people tell me they are younger than me, I do a double take because they are adults and that means I must be an adult too! and b) old enough that when boys give me their number, they do it through a very adult medium.

I am much fonder of English Summer Chill than English Summer Heatwave, and I feel physical pain when I look at the beautiful lawns in this city all shrivelled and yellow. Come back, rain!

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3490 on: 18 Jul 2010, 16:33 »

What the fuck, thread? What the fuck?

Can't you remember? Can't you fucking remember?

That's all.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #3491 on: 18 Jul 2010, 17:50 »

I just got approved for a really nice house in a really nice part of town!! I've been getting so stressed about this, I have to move out of my current house in 3 weeks so the new owners can renovate it or whatever the hell they're going to do, and I got a call from my current real estate agent last Wednesday saying "Are you applying for houses? Nobody's called us to check up on you" and friends were offering me their spare rooms and I was wondering whether I'd have to put all my shit in storage - but now I don't have to worry about that any more!! I got my shit together and got a great covering letter from an old family friend, chatted to the real estate agent at the open house so she'd remember me, emailed in my application so that I could write in the email all about how mature and responsible I am, and it worked! I'm moving into a lovely renovated free-standing Edwardian weatherboard house in a really pretty part of town, on a very small and quiet street, just a few blocks from a creek and parks and only a ten minute bike ride from where I am now so I can combine feeling like I'm having a fresh start without having to completely abandon everything I love about my current address.

So great!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3492 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:14 »

Dear blag,

I joined a hardcore band last week and today we practiced the three songs they already had before I joined. Then we fleshed out a new song that the other guitarist and I wrote. I've been accepted as a permanent member after only our second practice together. Soon enough we'll have gigs.

Too bad I'm a better bassist, singer, and drummer than the people filling those positions. That's putting it modestly, and we all know how self-conscious I am. The drummer isn't a tool though, at least. He's a smart motherfucker, he just hasn't been playing very long. 3 months. Dude's innovative as shit, though, he'll do fine in a couple more months of practice.

Love,
Me!

A Wet Helmet

• Beyoncé
  • The war against lolcats begins now
« Reply #3493 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:39 »

Hung out with Stu Hamm for a little while today.   Unfortunately he had to go catch a plane and I couldn't feed him and ply him with alcohol (which is what I normally do when ridiculously talented musicians pass through town.) 

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!
« Reply #3494 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:40 »

I wish friends of mine were starting bands so that I could join as a sideman. Being the lead guy is pretty nice but I bet it's fun to not have to be the guy on whom the main creative force is coming from all the time.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #3495 on: 18 Jul 2010, 18:42 »

Gemm, I hope you're ok!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #3496 on: 18 Jul 2010, 19:31 »

Man I hate my job. The good calls are few and far between, and even when there's some rapport or friendliness happening, I'll never talk to the person again. I liked having regular customers, familiar faces, and friendliness in other jobs. This job has all of the shittyness of other jobs, and none of the redeeming qualities. I am thinking I need to see if Canadian Tire will take me back for the rest of the summer, because this is shit.

It is just totally draining me of my will to do anything. I don't want to stay up late and read. I don't want to cook. I don't want to do anything, after working ten hours. It's ludicrous, this job. I am not a good person for it, though I am good at it.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #3497 on: 18 Jul 2010, 20:17 »

I wish friends of mine were starting bands so that I could join as a sideman. Being the lead guy is pretty nice but I bet it's fun to not have to be the guy on whom the main creative force is coming from all the time.

Funny you mention the frontman thing. They've actually been trying to force the singing role down my throat. The bassist can't sing for shit but I don't hate it enough to take over that role. His lyrics suck ass anyway, and I'll never tell them this, but if I'm gonna sing it's gonna be lyrics I either write or approve of. I won't have it any other way. If I don't like it I won't sing it. I hate to act like such a diva that way but hey, if he wants to sing things that sound like Creed lyrics he can be my guest. I'll just be off in my corner of the stage, playing guitar and putting on a much better show than I would be if I had to be stuck behind a microphone.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #3498 on: 18 Jul 2010, 21:53 »

Slick, I take it you're working in a call centre?  You have my sympathy.  I spent 12 years in one.

Barmy, tell us more about this boy?

Congratulations, Inlander.
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2010, 21:56 by HiFranc »
Francisco

Zingoleb

« Reply #3499 on: 18 Jul 2010, 23:49 »

I realized tonight that my inner dialogue is pretty angry at me most of time. I seem to recall at one point hearing one mental voice tell another one, "You're not just a dumb cunt, you're the dumbest of cunts," and then snickering before realizing I'm laughing at an insult I came up with to level at myself.

I'm also somewhat sleep deprived!
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 81   Go Up