• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Moment Of The Week

Marten's Got A New Belt!
- 8 (13.3%)
Proposition Avoidance Countermeasures (and Sven the Assistant)
- 4 (6.7%)
Hannelore Channels The Old Ones
- 7 (11.7%)
Hannelore Asks Sven Out!
- 20 (33.3%)
DORA is an eldritch horror from beyond time and space!
- 9 (15%)
FONT CHANGE!
- 5 (8.3%)
SPEECH BUBBLE CHANGE!
- 1 (1.7%)
The WORST POSSIBLE GUY... "I'll do it."
- 1 (1.7%)
You have to trust me!
- 1 (1.7%)
If he could get FAYE to put out for him...
- 2 (3.3%)
If she throws herself at him...
- 2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 13-17 Sept 2010 (1751-1755)  (Read 105788 times)

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
Re: WCDT: 13-17 Sept 2010
« Reply #150 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:44 »

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

OMG this comic today is SO FUN !!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Carpe Diem

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #151 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:46 »

The problem I see here is that we know how Hanners reacts to severe situational stress:  if there's no nearby couch belonging to a boy, she simply has a drink.  And we know her... inhibitions... become slightly lower when she's drunk.  And she'll be on a date with a known womanizer, who, while he's obviously trying to be a better person about this sort of thing, may suffer an attack of Compliment Tourette's, especially so if he's also been drinking.  Since the last time we saw Sven with drunk-bubbles was when he hooked up with Gina Riversmith.
Worst-case scenario out of all this, then:  Our two anti-lovebirds go out on their pretend date and things go in an unexpected direction.  And despite every drop of logic saying this couldn't happen, the fact is that it actually could.  And it would definitely, truly, be the absolute worst-case scenario possible for everyone involved or within a ten-mile radius.

Yes, it's ludicrously implausible.  But, then again, no it isn't.

So, what it boils down to:  Sven, if you actually DO decide to take Hanners out on a pretend date, for the love of all things holy, unholy or Elder-Abomination-y, DO.  NOT.  LET.  HANNELORE.  GET.  DRUNK.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

dps

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #152 on: 16 Sep 2010, 00:59 »

"An eldritch horror from beyond time and space."  And she is wearing a t-shirt that says, "immortal".  Hmm.   :-D

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #153 on: 16 Sep 2010, 01:09 »

It's really in Sven's best interests i.e. his continued survival, if he avoided dating Dora's friends. In fact, it probably would be best if he avoided talking to them. Seems to me his life depends on it.
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
« Reply #154 on: 16 Sep 2010, 02:04 »

The problem I see here is that we know how Hanners reacts to severe situational stress:  if there's no nearby couch belonging to a boy, she simply has a drink.  And we know her... inhibitions... become slightly lower when she's drunk.  And she'll be on a date with a known womanizer, who, while he's obviously trying to be a better person about this sort of thing, may suffer an attack of Compliment Tourette's, especially so if he's also been drinking.  Since the last time we saw Sven with drunk-bubbles was when he hooked up with Gina Riversmith.
Worst-case scenario out of all this, then:  Our two anti-lovebirds go out on their pretend date and things go in an unexpected direction.  And despite every drop of logic saying this couldn't happen, the fact is that it actually could.  And it would definitely, truly, be the absolute worst-case scenario possible for everyone involved or within a ten-mile radius.

Yes, it's ludicrously implausible.  But, then again, no it isn't.

So, what it boils down to:  Sven, if you actually DO decide to take Hanners out on a pretend date, for the love of all things holy, unholy or Elder-Abomination-y, DO.  NOT.  LET.  HANNELORE.  GET.  DRUNK.

...I am a horrible person for wanting this to happen and finding the very idea hilarious.

I actually think it could turn out less awful than, say, a purple elephant Cthulhu, especially if Sven was straight-up about fucking up in that situation. Which I would hope he would be! He's acknowledged before that while he may find Hanners cute, she has a "do not sex up this lady"'warning sign in big block letters.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #155 on: 16 Sep 2010, 02:13 »

Either this time it's gibberish, or Jeph used a different code, because based on the previous one Dora's speech starts with "LBAGU", which doesn't bode well in terms of it making sense.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page
« Reply #156 on: 16 Sep 2010, 02:29 »

Given all the Lovecraftian references, I think this is just a nightmare of Hannelore.

If it's not somebody's nightmare then what does that say about Dora's blow up with Marten.

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think that this is Sven's nightmare because, to the best our knowledge, Hannelore doesn't know about the fight that Dora and Marten had (unless she overheard it).

I think Sven and Hannelore would make a good couple.  Because of Hannelore's issues with intimacy, Sven would have to work to even get a kiss.  As he'll have to put a lot of effort into maintaining the relationship, he would have stronger feelings about her than he did (even with Faye).  I suspect that Hannelore would fall for someone to have the patience to work with her so let's ship Svenlore.
Francisco

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #157 on: 16 Sep 2010, 04:15 »

Jeph is obviously setting up the QC/Shadowgirls crossover.

More hot women! 

Thanks for the fanservice Jeph!
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #158 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:04 »

I think Sven and Hannelore would make a good couple.
:-o

Thats almost as funny as todays comic. :-D
Carpe Diem

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #159 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:14 »

Davan from Something*Positive has a saying that's oddly appropriate to Tergon's theory....

Don't stick it in the crazy. 

That's probably what Sven was talking about when he mentioned that sign on Hanners...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Tergon

« Reply #160 on: 16 Sep 2010, 05:51 »

I wouldn't call it a "theory" per se.  All I'm saying is that it's disturbingly possible.
From Hanners' perspective, Sven has those secret nerdy interests that Hannelore has revealed herself to like so much during her new friendship with Marigold.  And I've said before that he was set up as a mirror to Marten since his very first appearance, and Marten's basically been Hannelore's #1 fascination since her first appearance.
From Sven's perspective, Hannelore is NOT dumber than a sack full of cabbages, is impossible to impress with celebrity or money thanks to who her parents are, and is sufficiently clueless to social norms that Sven's patented uber-flirts will fall flat on her... meaning that he won't be able to fall back into his usual womanizing self and will actually have to be a normal human being.  Which I think he might actually enjoy, since he's trying to distance himself from that old persona.  Plus, and it must be pointed out, Hanners is blonde.

That alone isn't humpy-dance material, but it gives good reason to think that this date would be something other than an unmitigated disaster from a social perspective.  From there, the rest follows in a pretty simple chain of logic...
1 - Hannelore is likely to get nervous about going on a date with Sven, especially given the drama she can't not know it will cause with her friends.
2 - When Hannelore gets stressed, she has chosen to calm herself down with a drink before.
3 - If she and Sven are on a pretend date, and she has a drink, Sven is sort of obliged to have one too.
4 - If they do get along as I suggested above, they might have more than just one drink.
5 - When Hannelore drinks, her OCD pretty much deactivates; when Sven drinks, he makes poor decisions regarding ladies.
6 - Despite all her issues, Hannelore is not asexual.  Give her an opening, take away her inhibitions, and who knows what might happen?

All in all, not hard to figure.  Is it likely?  Maybe not.  But is it plausible within the limits of the QC Univese and plotlines?  Very, very yes.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 05:53 by Tergon »

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #161 on: 16 Sep 2010, 06:41 »

I bow to your logic. You might actually be right.

P.s.: I still dont think Sven and Hanners would make a good couple, though.
Carpe Diem

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #162 on: 16 Sep 2010, 06:42 »

What is Sven trying to say there?

*Sigh*    9 (12.5%)
Not again.    1 (1.4%)
Why me?    9 (12.5%)
At least I get to see Faye.    4 (5.6%)
These are the times that try men's souls.    15 (20.8%)
At least she's gonna buy me breakfast.    4 (5.6%)
That's it, I'm done with this.    13 (18.1%)
I should have stopped at Wil's and gotten a shot before this.    17 (23.6%)

Total Voters: 72
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #163 on: 16 Sep 2010, 07:01 »

[Snip]
1 - Hannelore is likely to get nervous about going on a date with Sven, especially given the drama she can't not know it will cause with her friends.
Patently true, I'll agree. I suppose Hanners might demonstrate how nervous one can get without exploding—or she may actually explode. Either way, we learn something, I suppose, so we can't lose.

2 - When Hannelore gets stressed, she has chosen to calm herself down with a drink before.
Or medication. Given what happened the first time we met Hannelore, that might be more interesting. After all, Sven could get tasered.

3 - If she and Sven are on a pretend date, and she has a drink, Sven is sort of obliged to have one too.
Does that mean he also has to load up on her pharmaceuticals? And will that result in dating history—both parties getting tasered?

4 - If they do get along as I suggested above, they might have more than just one drink.
Depends. See above. The whole experience might even put them both off inebriation entirely.

5 - When Hannelore drinks, her OCD pretty much deactivates; when Sven drinks, he makes poor decisions regarding ladies.
Again, great truthiness in this.

6 - Despite all her issues, Hannelore is not asexual.  Give her an opening, take away her inhibitions, and who knows what might happen?
Well, she and Sven might both get tasered. I think I pointed that out earlier. You know, it's looking more and more like Dora's making a mistake not allowing this; if, of course, that is Dora in there. (I hope not, as it will tumble several walls of mine if she's actually been a servant of an ancient old one all along and not simply emotionally screwed up).

All in all, not hard to figure.  Is it likely?  Maybe not.  But is it plausible within the limits of the QC Univese and plotlines?  Very, very yes.
It would be a whale of a show, yes.

P.s.: I still don't think Sven and Hanners would make a good couple, though.
Good, schmood. As Tergon's made clear, they've make an entertaining couple. Everyone loves to watch a train wreck (so long as they're not on the train). I bless them with a wave of my replica UBMEOD.

Edit: as can be seen, the poll's missing one option: Both of them are tasered.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 07:13 by raoullefere »
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Tergon

« Reply #164 on: 16 Sep 2010, 07:20 »

Oh, for sure it'd be entertaining.  But the morning after, Hannelore would completely lose her shit.  And then?

Between Mad-Scientist-ism and billionaire-bitch-ism, both of Hannelore's parents are basically supervillians.  Dora is an eldritch horror from beyond time and space.  Faye is an arse-kicking Georgia Peach who knows all of Sven's weak points.  Marten is... I don't know, maybe he can buy a gun or something.
If Sven were to make Hannelore so much as frown slightly?  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WOULD HUNT SVEN DOWN.

He would die the most awesome, terrifying, awesome, violent, awesome, awesome death in the history of all deaths.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #165 on: 16 Sep 2010, 07:55 »

Jeph is obviously setting up the QC/Shadowgirls crossover.

More hot women! 

Thanks for the fanservice Jeph!

Damn you - one look at Shadowgirls and I'm hooked.  Thank you, and I'm kicking your ass if we meet.  Like I needed another webcomic to read.
 :wink:

Just kidding - it does look pretty good.
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #166 on: 16 Sep 2010, 07:58 »

Marten is... I don't know, maybe he can buy a gun or something.

Marten is  the UBMEOD.  

At least, in times of crisis he becomes one.  (I know, he's shown resourcefulness in the past, but it's usually pretty weak...)

I'm not sure if that makes him a superhero or an article of faith!

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #167 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:05 »

Naah, all he needs is a frying pan.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #168 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:14 »

Like Mentl in Challenges of Zona? I can see that.

I thought about Shadowgirls when I saw all the Lovecraft refs popping up. Read it back when, but haven't really looked at it since the 'relaunch.' May have to.
Oh, for sure it'd be entertaining.  But the morning after, Hannelore would completely lose her shit.  And then?
[snip]
Well, that's always entertaining. But as for the rest, I suspect the most we might get is Hannelore's parental A's making Sven wish he were dead. Or, if he's a logical dude, Sven'll wish they were dead.
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #169 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:27 »

Or a stop sign.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #170 on: 16 Sep 2010, 08:30 »

I'd be more worried about Dora, who's reaction appears to be the realization (or at least what her subconcious may be thinking) that, yet again, one of her friends may have used her to get to Sven.

"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
« Reply #171 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:08 »

I've got to be honest - the last panel would have been better if Sven's response was just "Apparently Dora objects..." and left it there.

It's funny as it is, but I find that kind of understated reaction particularly hilarious.
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #172 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:14 »

Or a stop sign.

He's better with the frying pan...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Martok

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #173 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:15 »

I just gotta say, the last two comics have also been the two of the funniest in this series by far.  I absolutely howled with laughter at both of them!   :laugh:  
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." --Pascal

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #174 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:23 »

Or a stop sign.

He's better with the frying pan...

But less likely to wet himself if he has the stop sign, of course that did allow him into Dora's pants, so there is a trade off.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #175 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:34 »

I foresee Dora agreeing with the date provided its a double date with her and marten.  Being that dora drama just happened gives marten and sven some time to talk in the boysroom as the rest of the group coaches Hanners.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #176 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:41 »

It's really more of a skillet.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #177 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:54 »

Souffle pan.

A double date with Marten and Dora is a superb idea for multiple reasons.

Wouldn't it be funny if Sven, of all people, winds up regularly dating a blonde platonicly? A blonde who Steve said was "hot"? Funny, but good for him. Remember the line from The Last Action Hero that goes something like "I've never actually _talked_ to a woman before. It's kind of fun"? He had a good time when he was Just Friends with Faye.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #178 on: 16 Sep 2010, 09:59 »

a 'dčanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeňid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #179 on: 16 Sep 2010, 10:35 »

Faye is an arse-kicking Georgia Peach...

Point of order, Georgia Peaches never, ever, kick arse.

If a Georgia Peach is kicking anything, she's kicking some damn-yankee's ass up and down Peachtree Street.

Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?
« Reply #180 on: 16 Sep 2010, 10:48 »

Bwahahaha!  Run, Sven, run!   :laugh:  Seriously dude, run.  Again, the expressions are awesome -- panel 4 is still making me giggle.

Alternate theory to the "Sven and Hanners actually go on a date" one: maybe, in an effort to get past her jealousy issues, Dora will propose that Hanners go on a practice date with Marten instead.  Granted, it might be a heavily-monitored-by-Dora practice date, but it would give Dora a chance to test her resolve and show Marten she trusts him, and it would give Hanners the opportunity to see what a date is like (well, almost).  A different flavor of hilarity would still ensue.

Of course, this could just be the start of a full-on Cthulhu arc -- now THAT would be quite a turn of events!  And yes, Dr. ROFLPWN, I do realize that this is set in Massachusetts, so if Jeph really wants to go that way, it would work . . .

.....And then we find pintsize reading a pornonomicon.

Given the sheer amount of porn he has apparently downloaded/partaken of, Pintsize IS the Pornonomicon.

PS: Thumbs-up to the Ghostbusters ref in the poll.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #181 on: 16 Sep 2010, 11:12 »

Talking of the poll; Sven passing out on Hanners' couch is clearly the correct answer, if only so he can awwaken to the sound of Ride of the Valkyries and an ominous "goosh-goosh" sound just before everything goes damp and sting-y.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

bunnyThor

• Furry furrier
  • This is my personal text. Not yours!
« Reply #182 on: 16 Sep 2010, 11:23 »

As long as we are talking about implausible but delicious drama-fests, why don't Hanners and Sven go on a double date with Faye and Angus?  :evil:

I'm sure Jeph could make it seem plausible if he moved things around into place.

I'm not sure he'd want to though. There'd have to be some sort of sweet payoff for all of those absurd shenanigans.

EDIT: Actually it wouldn't be that hard to arrange. All it needs is each of them going on their own dates, and then winding up at nearby tables at the same restaurant.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 11:26 by bunnyThor »

Stoutfellow

• Curry sauce
« Reply #183 on: 16 Sep 2010, 11:44 »

Frying pan, souffle pan, it makes little difference to the face.

someone1074

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #184 on: 16 Sep 2010, 13:41 »

...I'm thinking the date's gonna happen. Seems like a great opportunity to further explore Sven's new character as a nice guy and it provides an opportunity for Hannelore to inch out of her box a bit. Sven's been good for...a while now (has it been months already?)...I don't see why he'd relapse into his old state now. With Hannelore, no less.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #185 on: 16 Sep 2010, 13:42 »

For the laughs of course.

Or to advance the plot

Whichever Jeph chooses.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #186 on: 16 Sep 2010, 14:55 »

Dora should go easy on hanners, when you think about it, this is probably the first time she has ever been asked out on a date.  She has been curious about dating and relationships (asking marten about vags, asking faye what to say after sex, and asking the rest of the cast various little questions) and this seems more like a curiosity about "how it works" than "Sven is hot!"
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #187 on: 16 Sep 2010, 16:03 »

I've got to be honest - the last panel would have been better if Sven's response was just "Apparently Dora objects..." and left it there.
I agree. "Don't explain the joke" etc. No link to TVTropes this time; am I not a caring individual?

Point of order, Georgia Peaches never, ever, kick arse. If a Georgia Peach is kicking anything, she's kicking some damn-yankee's ass up and down Peachtree Street.
"You say potato, I say potato"
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 16:06 by Akima »
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

akronnick

« Reply #188 on: 16 Sep 2010, 16:31 »

Exactly.

Poe-Tay-Toe!
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

tomart

• Curry sauce
  • tactile telemetry nexus
« Reply #189 on: 16 Sep 2010, 16:45 »

Everyone loves to watch a train wreck (so long as they're not on the train).

:lol:
Irresponsible Adult GOM

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #190 on: 16 Sep 2010, 18:28 »

Waaait a minute...

I'm almost certainly wrong here, but that title isn't meant to suggest "Bad Romance," is it?
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #191 on: 16 Sep 2010, 19:05 »

Font change gggooo! Title is awesome, and possibly a shout out to XKCD.

They make such an adorkable couple too...
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Schmorgluck

• Duck attack survivor
  • Radical feminist
« Reply #192 on: 16 Sep 2010, 19:06 »

Well well, looks like it's gonna happen, after all. Dora's reaction is... interesting.

But what I can barely wait to see is Faye's reaction. Brace yourselves.
“Oh yes, it hurts at times to be alone among the stars. But it hurts a lot more to be alone at a party. A lot more.” - George R. R. Martin

akronnick

« Reply #193 on: 16 Sep 2010, 19:27 »

Maybe Sven has a death wish.

If he can't have Faye('s awesome boobs) then life just isn't worth living.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #194 on: 16 Sep 2010, 19:34 »

Well well, looks like it's gonna happen, after all. Dora's reaction is... interesting.

But what I can barely wait to see is Faye's reaction. Brace yourselves.
Nah, Faye will just laugh in Sven's face, kiss Hanners on the forehead, and go back to making out with Angus in the corner.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #195 on: 16 Sep 2010, 20:03 »

Either that, or we'll have the third 'Casting' and Sven will be carried off by green tentacles.    :-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

someone1074

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #196 on: 16 Sep 2010, 20:23 »

For the laughs of course.

Or to advance the plot

Whichever Jeph chooses.

Sven having sex with Hannelore? Don't think there's been a plot twist that off the wall since the series started.

Steve the Pocket

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyoro~n is the new desu
« Reply #197 on: 16 Sep 2010, 21:24 »

Font change gggooo!
And hand-drawn speech bubbles too. Not sure what the point was, especially in the very middle of a story arc, but whatev. :shrug:

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #198 on: 16 Sep 2010, 21:58 »

Okay, let's get the fireman shoveling like hell, give this ol' gal a full head of steam, and get to whittlin'. If we're going to have a train wreck, let's have a damn train wreck. <cthulhu fhtagn cthulhu fhtagn cthulhu fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagn cthulhu-fhtagncthulhu-fhtagncthulhu-fhtagncthulhu-fhtagncthulhufhtagncthulhufhtagncthulhufhtagncthulhufhtagn > WOOT-WHEEERRROOOWOWWW!

Point of order, Georgia Peaches never, ever, kick arse. If a Georgia Peach is kicking anything, she's kicking some damn-yankee's ass up and down Peachtree Street.
You may say that. A Georgia Peach says 'tater.'

Edit: Technically, she says "p'taytah." Kind of like C'thul—oh my god...you know, that would explain many, many things.
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2010, 22:16 by raoullefere »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #199 on: 16 Sep 2010, 22:25 »

Let me be the first to congratulate Tergon on his carefully explained insight, and offer an(other) internet as an award for his accurate prediction of this end-of-week spectacle. 

Let the specualtion begin!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up