Yes.
- 15 (5%)
No, it's not the same.
- 14 (4.7%)
No, it's even worse.
- 25 (8.4%)
No, it means Dora's history.
- 30 (10.1%)
No, because it's going to end different.
- 19 (6.4%)
No, because there's emergency bourbon.
- 17 (5.7%)
UBMEOD!
- 34 (11.4%)
Oh heck, who am I kidding?
- 4 (1.3%)
(sniff) No, I've just got (sniff) allergies...
- 31 (10.4%)
This thread is gonna hit 40 pages by tomorrow, isn't it?
- 109 (36.6%)

Total Members Voted: 237

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 15-19 November 2010 (1796-1800)  (Read 445564 times)

MarkCorrigan

• Plantmonster
Re: WCDT 15-19 November 2010 (1796-1800)
« Reply #950 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:32 »

Except you can get help with that. This is by far and away not a ruined relationship, and if you think it is, I have to wonder how many relationships you've just signed off on because you thought it was too far gone.
None, this is not personal.  The Marten / Dora relationship as it has developed has been one that's got an extremely unhealthy dynamic - and honestly I don't see the characters as being willing to salvage it.

She isn't going to leave Angus for Marten, and this isn't a long game Faye/Marten ship. You're projecting your fantasies onto the webcomic and reading what isn't there.
I'm not projecting anything - my fantasies have nothing to do with Faye and Marten, trust me.  I'm just trying to present some analysis based on story structure, and I see this comic as being structured in a way that the long-term tendency will be toward a Marten / Faye thing.  This idea that everyone is just personalizing everything is silly.

Why? Why is that natural at all? That sounds like a bullshit quote from "How To Write A Simplistic and Predictable Webcomic That's Nothing Like Real Life."

You assume that this is a harem webcomic. Whatever that is, I'm sure it isn't one since it's an ensemble piece, and secondly even if it WAS a harem comic, why must it end that way? Why must all things be pigeon-holed to fit neat little boxes? Guess what, Jeph, and I hesitate to proclaim what our supreme overlord is thinking, tends to go for a realistic comedy/drama plot with fantastical elements. Just because two people were attracted at one point doesn't mean they will end up together. Real life isn't like a happy wondrous fairytale where "true love" conquers all. True love doesn't exist. There isn't one person for everyone and they will find them in the end. Love. Is. Hard. It won't fall together like a neat little puzzle just because you and a stream of hacks who write "Harem comics".
:psyduck:

This is just over the top.  Having a dramatic structure, even one in common with many anime and manga that have a harem structure, is not a sign of a "hack" and this kind of insult is ridiculous.
Having a dramatic structure that means you can outright state that this comic is going to end with X is pretty much the work of a hack, actually. It shows lack of creativity, lack of interest, and only a passable effort. Cookie-cutter stories aren't good. Ever.

Otherwise, I was a bit of a dick. I'm one of those people who can start an argument in an empty room (politics graduate) so I do sometimes rather step into "Lecture the morons" mode without thinking.

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #951 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:43 »

*grenade toss*

Where this is going, is Marten will leave to go live with his mother, sick of Dora's drama.  Dora will find out she is pregnant.  Marten will have a series of shallow hook-ups with women from his past, which will eventually lead to Hannelore throwing herself off a bridge because he doesn't want her.  In the end Sven will knock some sense into Marten, who will come rushing back to Dora's side just as she dies in childbirth.

D

(I'll be honest, I just wanted to use Psyduck.  Apologies to Rene Engström.)
It takes a village to raise a child.  It takes a Viking to raze a village.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #952 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:48 »

Angus is a professional strawman. He goes to debates and loses on purpouse.
It's really more a form of activism, because he's only debating for causes he's really against.
Really now? Or are you just having a laugh at ol' Soluzar's expense, here?
Really. Y'all haven't read through the archives, have you?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.
« Reply #953 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:49 »

Not as urgently as Dora needs to learn that the Hedgehog's Dilemma never works out well for anyone.
I could be way off the mark here, because for all I know that phrase could be in everything I haven't seen or read...

Eva fan?

It isn't relevant to anything, but... that's the only place I personally ever heard that expression used.

Schopenhauer? Freud?...

*throws hands up in disgust*
Psychoanalysis is not a topic of interest to me. In any event, while you may be better educated than me... I was right. That was the source of his usage of the phrase. I do however admit that Schopenhauer would probably be interesting.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #954 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:50 »

Welp, here you go. 20 pages, and it's only WEDNESDAY.

Just another Joe like 46

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #955 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:50 »

None. I'm in my first relationship
The question remains, though..  is that a metaphorical dick on the table, or, perhaps...   a metaphorical Useless Broom Made Entirely of Dicks?

BTW, someone needs to draw that that must never, ever be drawn.

Fixed that for you.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #956 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:52 »

Dora and Marten break up. Dora then rebounds by attempting to seduce Angus, which really "riles Faye up."

Of course, this is totally unlike what I was eventually expecting, which was Marten and Dora getting married, and Dora insisting on being the flower girl at her own wedding.

I read this as 'Marten then rebounds by attempting to seduce Angus', which would be hella entertaining, especially if it worked.

I would pay good money to see that as a dream sequence. Of Marigold's, I imagine.

pendrake

• Curry sauce
« Reply #957 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:53 »

For comic #1798...

1. 20 pages by Wednesday?  More DoTs, more DoTs!

2. Glad someone saw my page 12 joke(s).  /fistbump Border Reiver :-)

3. This is probably going to be lost amid the torrent, but has anyone noticed the minor art changes of recent?  In particular (but not the only one), Jeph's attempts at frontal and rear view shots?  Examples include comics #1795 (panel #3), #1797 (panel #4), & #1798 (panel #4).

4. I loathe PokeMon (personally and as a parent), but I love the PsyDuck emoticon.  So very appropriate for this thread, mounting headaches resulting in psionically destructive explosions ( :psyduck: : "Psy-yi-yi-yi...Duck")

5. I have a terrible feeling for the timing of this story-arc and Jeph's sense of humor...

["Jacques" Noonien Singh voice]: I leave you, on Thanksgiving weekend, with a cliffhanger and a week of Guest Strips.  Your posts swept under pages of internet drama for what will seem like an eternity.  Buried alive...Buried alive...
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 16:55 by pendrake »

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #958 on: 17 Nov 2010, 16:56 »

Not as urgently as Dora needs to learn that the Hedgehog's Dilemma never works out well for anyone.
I could be way off the mark here, because for all I know that phrase could be in everything I haven't seen or read...

Eva fan?

It isn't relevant to anything, but... that's the only place I personally ever heard that expression used.

Schopenhauer? Freud?...

*throws hands up in disgust*
Psychoanalysis is not a topic of interest to me. In any event, while you may be better educated than me... I was right. That was the source of his usage of the phrase. I do however admit that Schopenhauer would probably be interesting.

It was mostly mock disgust. I just can't stand Eva... (well, not actually, i think it was decent, and could have been much better had it actually been finished instead of running out of cash, I just hate its fanboys (and no, I really do understand it, I've seen ever episode and all the movies pre reboot movies (which I'm waiting on those to be done, because they actually DO look really good) probably 8 or 9 times... I'm not sure why I watched something I consider at most decent so many times...))

Shteevie

• Plantmonster
« Reply #959 on: 17 Nov 2010, 17:00 »

Not happy with the depiction of Faye in the last panel. Head seems too small, and the eyes too close together. Maybe we don't see her straight on much, as she's often sassing at someone else in the panel.

Also, you don't need an emergency for bourbon. Maybe there's a special bottle aside to make sure you aren't out when you really need it?

Lastly, it's good to see Marten's aware of his damaging cycle. Hope he snaps out of it this time. Time for one or the other of them to grow up a little.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #960 on: 17 Nov 2010, 17:40 »

So, I don't want to repeat any of the walls of text I've put in this thread already, but I think what's becoming the obvious problem at this point is the level of expectation that people have.

Some folks have openly said that they only read the comic for a single, certain thing.  Be it for their pairing, or for the hopes that one character will be removed, or that they want a certain event to happen, or whatever.  And y'know, that's fine.  No sarcasm involved, honestly, that is fine.  I do feel you're missing out on the rest of the comic, but it's no worse than people who watch Family Guy just to see Stewie, or something.  So good for you.

See, when I coined the Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks, it wasn't to annoy people who I disagreed with.  Of course I have hopes for where the comic will go, and things I'd like to see happen.  Everyone does and there's no harm in that.  The point of the UBMEOD is to beat people over the head who forget that they do not control the story, not everyone wants exactly what they want, and that they need to calm down and wipe some of the fanboy-rage-induced froth from their lips.

If you ship Faye/Marten, or if you despise Dora, fine.  No argument I can make will stop you.  What I do want you to observe is that it makes no sense at this point in the story.  No matter how much you may dislike the fact, it is obvious that Marten does have strong feelings for Dora, and he's not the kind of person that can just "turn them off".  She is also still the owner of Coffee Of Doom, and she also still lives with Marten and Faye.  Now if you're holding out for her to be booted from the strip... rather than argue the reasons why I don't want it to happen, or why I think it won't happen, I'll instead point out the obvious fact that it will not happen yet.  She cannot simply disappear from the comic tomorrow.  And it is beyond retarded to think that she can.

The same applies to Faye/Marten.  I personally don't ship any one pairing in the comic, but I will actually concede that this pairing may, eventually, happen.  But it will not happen in the near future.  It just won't.  To even suggest that they'll get drunk and emotional and have sex and then fall back in love... this ignores literally every single second of character growth they've had in the last 1000+ strips.  And please, let me assure you, I don't care if you disapprove of those 1000+ strips.  You might think they were pathetic and don't like the story arcs or character development that were in them.  But guess what?  No matter how much you dislike it, they still  happened.

No matter how much you may dislike something that is, at this point in time, canonical... it's still part of the story.  And if you honestly believe that it can simply be deleted and retconned as easily as people here are saying?  Then either you have no idea how stories work - in which case let me congratulate you on learning to use a keyboard - or you honestly believe Jeph is a shitty, shitty writer, in which case, why in God's name are you even posting here?
If you don't like Dora, fine.  But Marten does
If you think Marten and Faye should hook up, fine.  But they don't.
Hell, if you want Hannelore to overcome her issues and have a night of passion with Marigold, fine.  But she's not going to.
No matter how you feel about something in the comic, or how obvious you think your opinion is, or how right you think you are, the characters at this point in time, as of strip #1798, feel otherwise, and there is not a single thing you can do about it.
Will things be the same in the next 1000 strips?  I have absolutely no idea.  But I can guarantee they'll be the same for the next ten strips, the next fifty strips, the next hundred strips.  Because, and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing this out, that is how stories work.

Now having established all this, I'd like to point out that we've gotten this far because the story was rolling merrily along in a certain direction.  It will continue rolling merrily along that way because that is how the story works.  Nobody is forcing you to read Questionable Content.  If you don't like the storyline, you may feel free at any time to simply stop reading it.  If you do keep reading, however, and all you can say about new developments is that you hate them and you think the comic is awful, might I humbly suggest you seek professional help?

Again, if you have an opinion, that is completely fine.  If you'd like to see something happen in QC and feel like sharing that idea, wonderful.  If you feel that a certain development isn't what you like, you are totally welcome to share that opinion.  I like opinions, honestly I do.
But, if you're one of the people who posts only to share the opinion that everyone else's opinion is retarded and you are right... and there have been a lot of those people posting in this thread... then I have only one thing to say to you.

SHUT.  THE.  FUCK.  UP.

And if there is anyone out there, anyone at all who actually decides they have some faith in QC being a decent comic and Jeph being a decent writer, then I beg of you one thing.
Grab a UBMEOD, stand with me, and try to knock some fucking sense into this shitstorm of a thread until the trolls decide to go back to wherever they fucking came from.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

rje

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #961 on: 17 Nov 2010, 17:42 »

I really hate to jump on this topic since it's not even what the strip's about, but I've read through every page now and I don't think I've seen anyone posit this opinion, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm the only person that finds this in the comic:

I don't want Faye and Marten to become a romantic couple ever, throughout the rest of this strip. Now now, not later, not ever. Because for me, they are growing into one of those rare dynamics you never see but should, of two opposite-sex people, both straight (relatively lol Starten kiss) who are best friends. And I don't just mean like Friends sitcom best friends or hey-let's-hang-out-we-like-the-same-music best friends, I mean Best Friends who are going to be there for each other in fat and lean times for the rest of their lives, that kind of friendship that, sometimes, is way more precious and important than romance. Sure it started out with attraction and bumbling, but for me, the dynamic of their relationship started to shift with the Toto pat, and then completely changed with the underwear hug. They haven't had the Massive Personal Tragedy to make them family-without-the-blood yet, but they're close enough that, frankly, thinking of them together now feels almost incestual to me. It just squicks me out lol.

If heaven forfend Marten and Dora break up or Faye and Angus don't work out together (although personally I could see them working out better than Marten and Dora) I still couldn't see them falling into one another's arms, unless for comfort. I could see them healing together and then encouraging each other to get back out there and Live.

I just really like that Jeph has that kind of relationship in a comic, that's very real and very pure and precious. (I mean obv this is just my interpretation and they may be the OTP of the strip after all, I'd read it either way.)
Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free.

Heranje

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #962 on: 17 Nov 2010, 17:55 »

Didn't the thread get to 40 pages or something equally ridiculous during the Faye/Sven hookup? This seems to be heading in that direction.

I'm enjoying reading this, though - crazy as they may be, the QC forums are proof that as much critical/analytical reading as may be applied to books can also be turned to webcomics.

As for my take on the situation: I don't think Marten and Dora's relationship, as it currently is, is a very healthy one. That doesn't mean I think Dora is a particularly awful person or that they should definitely break up - but something needs to change, and exactly what changes is up to Jeph Almighty. I do think Farten is a ship that is currently far away on the horizon somewhere, perhaps never to return. To be honest I had forgotten that possibility even existed until people started bringing it up here. Sure, we had 500 strips of UST between the two in the beginning. We've also had 1000+ pages of development since then, and QC definitely is not the Marten and Faye Show any more - which I'm quite happy about. And I like Faye and Angus together. It's like she said - Sven's porridge was too hot, Marten's was too cold, Angus might be just right.

Warning - while you were typing Tergon made another truly excellent post. You may wish to lift your tiny dickbroom and awkwardly shuffle up behind him, not sure you are worthy of standing with such a giant but willing to give what little support you can to the Noble Cause.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 17:58 by Heranje »

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer
« Reply #963 on: 17 Nov 2010, 17:58 »

...someone needs to start programming these "alternative" someone-else-posted-already-slowcoach messages into the forum software for reals.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.
« Reply #964 on: 17 Nov 2010, 17:59 »

It was mostly mock disgust. I just can't stand Eva... (well, not actually, i think it was decent, and could have been much better had it actually been finished instead of running out of cash, I just hate its fanboys (and no, I really do understand it, I've seen ever episode and all the movies pre reboot movies (which I'm waiting on those to be done, because they actually DO look really good) probably 8 or 9 times... I'm not sure why I watched something I consider at most decent so many times...))
You may relax. I am not the fanboy you're looking for. Maybe I was once, but those days are long gone. It isn't even a favourite of mine... although I did enjoy it.

graymouser

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #965 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:00 »

Tergon:

I think some perspective needs to be gotten here.   :psyduck:

More seriously, I don't think people are necessarily pushing some weird ideas - it's just that Jeph has cranked the drama up to 11 and the story's really pushing buttons for people.  Honestly, at least for my part if I seem to be pushing some huge Marten / Faye agenda, I was not opposed to continued Marten / Dora up until this current arc.  I liked when Marten and Dora got together, and during the underpants fight I wanted them to make up.  But now it seems different in a really negative way, which is some kind of weird testament to how Jeph has drawn some really compelling characters.

Anyways, once the INTENSE DRAMA of the current arc finally gets resolved, I think things should calm down on all fronts.

laizeohbeets

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #966 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:05 »

*passes Tergon an internet or two*

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.
« Reply #967 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:07 »

I can summarize Tergon's post in two sentences:

Everyone shut the fuck up.

All your opinions are retarded, mine is right.

nice!
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

Tergon

« Reply #968 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:08 »

Tergon:

I think some perspective needs to be gotten here.   :psyduck:

More seriously, I don't think people are necessarily pushing some weird ideas - it's just that Jeph has cranked the drama up to 11 and the story's really pushing buttons for people.  Honestly, at least for my part if I seem to be pushing some huge Marten / Faye agenda, I was not opposed to continued Marten / Dora up until this current arc.  I liked when Marten and Dora got together, and during the underpants fight I wanted them to make up.  But now it seems different in a really negative way, which is some kind of weird testament to how Jeph has drawn some really compelling characters.

Anyways, once the INTENSE DRAMA of the current arc finally gets resolved, I think things should calm down on all fronts.

Hey, that's cool.  Perfectly open opinion, and I do agree that it's a testament to how well Jeph writes that he can inspire the kind of emotive rants we're seeing in this thread, my own included.  I just want the friggin' trolls to go away.

If it matters to anyone, I actually do want Dora and Marten to stick together.  The only place where couples never fight is in Disney movies and fanfiction, that's just a fact.  And like I said before, every time we've seen drama between Marten and Dora, it's always stemmed from the same issue.  So to me, conflict is good - just like it was noted during the Underpants Fight, conflict leads to resolution.  If there is no conflict, there is no resolution.  And their relationship needs a resolution post-haste.
This argument might be a deal-breaker for the two of them.  I think it's even highly possible they'll have some time apart, even if they don't break up completely.  But personally, I hope they stick it through and manage to kill the thing that's been almost ruining their relationship from day one.  Still, if they do break up, I won't be horribly disappointed, or as you pointed out, even really that surprised.

Also:
See how easy that was?  Graymouser gave an opinion, I gave one that differed from his, and we did not need to get worked up over it.  That, kiddies, is called a "conversation".  There was even something called "respect" in there as well.  Try it some time.

Skelepunk

• Emoticontraindication
  • Set it on fire!
« Reply #969 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:10 »

This is quite possibly one of the more amusing threads I've read. Had a few laughs, I must say.
Someone ought to draw a Knight of the Dickbroom, riding a turkey. It would be epic.
 As for the story arc, good for Martin. Can't wait until the next strip to find out what happens next!
We all have a cross we must bear.... as a blunt object to bludgeon others with.
 Purinpuff

Tergon

« Reply #970 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:13 »

nice!

That... you...

Wait, I think I get it.  You have some kind of hilarious dyslexia where you can only read really big words.  So you got the "Shut the fuck up part" and didn't actually read a single thing I said otherwise.  Or you'd have noticed that the entire point of that post was me saying that anything can happen from here and we should all calm down and see, because opinions are all valid and drama isn't needed.    Well, here, allow me to help you out.

GO FIND THE PERSON WHO LOOKS AFTER YOU.
ASK THEM TO READ MY POST OUT LOUD TO YOU, SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY.
THEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.

All opinions are perfectly fine, so long as you're not being a massive dick about it.  I don't want to stop anyone from having an opinion, even if I don't agree with it.  I just want people to get some perspective over what is actually possible in the limits of the story.  Anything can happen... eventually.  It just can't happen right away, and fighting over who's right gets nowhere.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #971 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:17 »

Someone ought to draw a Knight of the Dickbroom, riding a turkey. It would be epic.

Something like Sir Didymus from Labyrinth, only with a turkey instead of a sheepdog.

*edit*

Damn, this thing hit 20 pages about 8 hours ahead of schedule.

There's no telling where we're going to hit if the drama continues.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 18:20 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

mickcheese

• Plantmonster
« Reply #972 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:19 »

And if there is anyone out there, anyone at all who actually decides they have some faith in QC being a decent comic and Jeph being a decent writer, then I beg of you one thing.
Grab a UBMEOD, stand with me, and try to knock some fucking sense into this shitstorm of a thread until the trolls decide to go back to wherever they fucking came from.
What do we do if we agree with everything in your post but are hesitant to get involved in dickbroomery?

Tergon

« Reply #973 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:24 »

What do we do if we agree with everything in your post but are hesitant to get involved in dickbroomery?

The Knights of the Dickbroom will accept moral support in lieu of combat support, if you're nervous about fighting.   :-D

mickcheese

• Plantmonster
« Reply #974 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:25 »

Go Team!

Tergon

« Reply #975 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:27 »

Oh, I like you.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #976 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:28 »

Just another Joe like 46

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #977 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:28 »

Also, since we've transitioned to Turkey Cavalry, we'll need infantry support, and you can arm yourself with whatever you wish, as long as it's useless if you're squeamish about handling a UBMEOD.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #978 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:29 »

Yeah, sure, I'll swing an Ugly Bag of Mostly Dicks or whatever the hell it is.  I totally reserve the right to make random crappy jokes and sideways snipes along the way though.  (Farten!)

D

someone1074

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #979 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:29 »

But Tergon, your incredibly long posts are written in an effort to change the opinions of those who present them in an untoward fashion. You're essentially saying that they're not quite getting it. You present your views on the comic and tell them to proceed with that in mind. And if they can't, then they should stfu.

Wiregeek's got a small point.

hannahsaurusrex

• Took the bomp from the bompalompalomp
« Reply #980 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:31 »

nice!

Maybe you should have lurked a little before prattling like an asshole. There are some people on the forum that you should listen to when they tell you to shut up.
Tergon, Carl-E, Raoullefere, akronick, akima, and jwhouk come to mind, I'm probably forgetting a few.
In fact all of the Dickbroom members.

Pay heed, because you sound like the kind of scum that needs a dickbroombeatdown

P.S. My dickbroom is on hold until everyone knows me a little better.

EDIT: almost forgot Border Reiver
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 19:15 by hannahsaurusrex »
Overheard quote: "I ain't afraid of no 'RYAN'"

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #981 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:32 »

How much y'all wanna bet the uStream feed will be down again?

EDIT: I just saw, he did the comic over on justin.tv instead. uStream is down system-wide apparently.

« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 18:38 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

daryljfontaine

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #982 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:34 »

During Drama Week, can we blame the man if he wants to work in peace?  Opening the uStream this week would be like bringing your work home with you in the worst possible way, like if you were an autopsy tech or something.

D

xerada

• Plantmonster
« Reply #983 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:34 »

look at the twitter feed, he didn't stream from ustream, he streamed from justin.tv. He's already finished and said he'd post after finishing his movie night or something.

Tergon

« Reply #984 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:36 »

But Tergon, your incredibly long posts are written in an effort to change the opinions of those who present them in an untoward fashion. You're essentially saying that they're not quite getting it. You present your views on the comic and tell them to proceed with that in mind. And if they can't, then they should stfu.

Wiregeek's got a small point.

If you feel that way, then maybe I'm being a little too verbal for my own good.  I'm honestly sorry if I gave out the appearance I want to change people's opinions, or that certain folks are wrong.  That's not what I meant to do at all.  I take issue with how people are presenting those opinions, the whole "I am right and you are wrong and this storyline sucks and this should happen" kind of idea.  You can have, and share, any opinion you want and I won't make a peep.  It's the constant bitching that gets on my nerves.
I tried very hard in that last rant to not be opinionated in it.  The ultimate message was for people to enjoy the story and stop screaming about it, and above all, stop fucking up my beloved forum with this trolling.

If that wasn't clear, then yes, I am sorry.  But that's what I meant you to get out of it.

beanzilla

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #985 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:39 »

Also, since we've transitioned to Turkey Cavalry, we'll need infantry support, and you can arm yourself with whatever you wish, as long as it's useless if you're squeamish about handling a UBMEOD.

Why not use the USHMEOB?

someone1074

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #986 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:41 »

Hm...I think I may have seen the opinion in it because our interpretations tend to match at every dramatic event that's occurred in the last year or two.

So you just want those people to calm down? Completely fair. Though I do wonder if rationality will reach those individuals.

mickcheese

• Plantmonster
« Reply #987 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:42 »

Oh, I like you.
Well, your avatar creeps me right the hell out, but I like you too.

P.S. My dickbroom is on hold until everyone knows me a little better.
Same here.

Strike Reyhi

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #988 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:42 »

Tergon as nice as it would be, fanboys/girls and realistic predictions just don't happen. that's why there's fan fiction.

totally agree on the don't take a dump on others opinions though. UBMEOD pikeman at the ready.

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #989 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:47 »

Can I be part of the UBMEOD navy cavalry?  I've always wanted to ride a penguin...

Tergon

« Reply #990 on: 17 Nov 2010, 18:59 »

The Order of the Dickbroom accepts all comers, so long as you uphold the tenants of our faith.

Trust in Jeph, for he has not lead us wrong before.
Trust in your fellows, for they stand beside you.
Tempt not the Trolls, for they know not what they do, nor how to perform basic logic.
And the highest command:  Be not a dick, for that is why you wield your Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks.

The day may come when people can share opinions without flamewars erupting.  The day may come when we all are willing to let the story of QC be told without the Rabid Fanboy Horde spraying their foul secretions from every orifice all over the forum.  The day may come when the people acknowledge that Lord Jaques knows what he's doing and we should all trust him a little.

The day may come when the Order of the Dickbroom may be laid to rest.

Until that day, my brethren... WE RIDE.

Janxer

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #991 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:03 »

Tergon, I read your post in the voice of Gene Wilder. And it was awesome

I fully agree on all points. Not all of us new people are out of our minds >_>

vettechinohio

« Reply #992 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:08 »

Tergon, I read your post in the voice of Gene Wilder. And it was awesome

I read it in the voice of Morgan Freeman (: Or Keith David, because everything Goliath said sounded awesome.
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #993 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:10 »

And the most important question OF ALL TIME
Will people ever stop projecting their own lives / experiences / selves onto characters, in a blatant need for the characters to somehow redeem -their- past mistakes, and do what they themselves never did?
You must be kidding. That question pales before, say, what does a UBEMOD sound like as it strikes a foe?

Fap

BTW Tergon, fireplan's in place, but the speaker with the Wagner laden sooundtrack is out.  We're relying on Billy Bob's Kazoo for the musical interlude...
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 19:16 by Border Reiver »
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

vettechinohio

« Reply #994 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:15 »

Will people ever stop projecting their own lives / experiences / selves onto characters, in a blatant need for the characters to somehow redeem -their- past mistakes, and do what they themselves never did?
You must be kidding. That question pales before, say, what does a UBEMOD sound like as it strikes a foe?

Fap

Damn it, I meant to say that hours ago (: It seemed so obvious...  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2010, 19:24 by vettechinohio »
You can't do that to a jellyfish! I'm calling the authorities, you dirty jelly molester!

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #995 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:27 »

Out of (morbid) curiosity, what color are the UBMEODs everyone's wielding?

Or is it even possible for them to possess colors as we know it, defying euclidean geometry as they do?
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

The Duke

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Flea was a classy kid.
« Reply #996 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:29 »

Fap

*shudder*

Out of (morbid) curiosity, what color are the UBMEODs everyone's wielding?

Or is it even possible for them to possess colors as we know it, defying euclidean geometry as they do?

They are the colour of dicks.

At least mine is.

My dickbroom is at the ready;
I await your command, sirs.
You know, they tell you, "Never hit a man with a closed fist," but it is, on occasion, hilarious.

mickcheese

• Plantmonster
« Reply #997 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:38 »

The Order of the Dickbroom accepts all comers, so long as you uphold the tenants of our faith.

Trust in Jeph, for he has not lead us wrong before.
Trust in your fellows, for they stand beside you.
Tempt not the Trolls, for they know not what they do, nor how to perform basic logic.
And the highest command:  Be not a dick, for that is why you wield your Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks.

The day may come when people can share opinions without flamewars erupting.  The day may come when we all are willing to let the story of QC be told without the Rabid Fanboy Horde spraying their foul secretions from every orifice all over the forum.  The day may come when the people acknowledge that Lord Jaques knows what he's doing and we should all trust him a little.

The day may come when the Order of the Dickbroom may be laid to rest.

Until that day, my brethren... WE RIDE.
*grabs UBMEOD*

Is there an oath or do I just start sweeping?

melly21

• Plantmonster
  • I be saucy
« Reply #998 on: 17 Nov 2010, 19:52 »

Wow...6 pages since I last visited.

Shit is serious!!!!

I am a little disheartened by yesterday's comic (I am in Australia so to me it was yesterday :p) I feel sorry for Marten and I would like to give him some booze and a hug myself!

I must admit at times I feel a little silly for caring about these characters so much, because they aren't real, but then I remember it's no different to being attached to characters in a book or T.V show and I don't feel so silly.

By the way I love seeing that people are so passionate about these characters whether is be negative or positive feeling towards them, it's awesome.

Plus UBMEOD sounds awesome and terrifying at the same time, and I would like to subscribe to the UBMEOD newsletter.

There is no save button when it comes to ladies!

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!
« Reply #999 on: 17 Nov 2010, 20:03 »

Edit for raoullefere:
It makes a sort of wet flapping fapping sound, it's really quite unpleasant.

Fixed...

Oops, ninja'd...  :|  (I've been meaning to make the above comment all day, but I wanted to catch up reading first)   :-P

@Tergon, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment against people who shoot down others' opinions while holding up their own as superior.  I agree that the story simply needs to take whatever direction Jeph feels it natural to take.  That said, I suspect that any negative response to your post came from your use of the big-lettered STFU, since really, I don't think there is a context in which that remark doesn't come across hostile and/or arrogant.  Of course, I'm not saying that's what you are; After all, I actually read your post and I understood your point.  :)

(p.s.  How did this UBMEOD thing start anyway?)

EDIT:  Whoa!  21 pages!   :-o
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36   Go Up