THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 May 2024, 03:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: WCT 22-26 November 2010 (Thanksgiving Week/1800-1805/Aftermath of the Breakup)  (Read 145592 times)

Heliphyneau

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Mommy, why is a naked clown crying on our lawn?

Yes, Faye, that is what friends are for.

You have grown so much since meeting Marten.

I think that this is one of those strips where we can just sit back, and think "Look how far Faye has come." In many ways I think this shows a very powerful reversal of relationships here. Faye has moved past her own problems, and now it's time for her to help Dora solve hers.

Agreed -- Faye really has grown.  She may want to beat Dora senseless, but she's suppressing it AND proving that she'll be there for her.  Her bear-hug in panel 2, despite having Dora frozen in fear, is extremely cute and handily 1. keeps Dora within earshot for the entirety of her rant and 2. expresses affection, not something Faye generally throws around.  And she's even welling up in the last panel, aww.  Bravo, Faye.

This is the relief of knowing another person cares enough about you to help.  

Yes -- Dora's let go of the fear that she's going to lose her entire social circle (or at least Faye), so she's able to mourn what she knows she threw away and take comfort in the fact that not everything else went in the shitter as well.  She fucked up, but she'll be stronger after she's put the work into managing her insecurities.  Maybe then she'll be able to be in a relationship, though for some reason I don't see her getting back together with Marten.  Que cera cera . . .

I was assuming the Faye was going to get Dr Corrie to recommend somebody else.

That was my impression as well.  Dr. Corrine may not have enough colors of string to keep every interaction between her patients distinct.   :-D

This is totally selfish of me, but . . . I miss the polls.   :cry:  Is there any way you could see your way clear to doing maybe a Thanksgiving-themed one, jwhouk?  I'll fax you brownies (or pumpkin pie, if you prefer).
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Actually, I would posit that purple elephants do not contribute to the ruination of everything forever in any way.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook

OOOH, Toner flavored pie!  I want some too.

Faye does show a lot of growth.  But sometimes I wonder if I would consider someone who threatens me with violence a friend.  Being forced into something isn't alot of fun.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

You only hit hurt the ones you love...

:roll:
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 14:57 by Carl-E »
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier

Faye usually made me lol with her threats of bodily harm, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut now i'm just scared.

Holy shit.
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier

Having said that...

YAY OMG MARTEN AND FAYE  MIGHT ACTUALLY HAPPEN NAAAAOOOOOWWWW!!!!

i mean we haven't had as many context clues that point to THAT, necessarily, but come on, do we really need any? throughout the entire series, jeph has been hinting, whether he realizes it or not, or even intended for it, at some serious tension of the sexual sort between faye and marten. personally i think faye would be PERFECT for marten.

there's my $0.02
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

TheEvilDog

You only hurt the ones you love...

Really? And theres me thinking that we hurt the ones who really deserve it too....

And today's comic looks like it might be Sven picking up Dora's stuff from the apartment. I wonder if he says something that causes Marten to just vent that anger in the next couple of days, either at him or at someone else. (And yes, I know Marten is about as aggressive as a manatee on codeine, but his girlfriend has just dumped him, I'm pretty sure the anger stage hasn't come up yet).

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner

But sometimes I wonder if I would consider someone who threatens me with violence a friend.  Being forced into something isn't alot of fun.
Methinks you should learn to read between the lines. Faye's violence threats are metafayesical. If she would've meant any real harm, Dora would've been in very many very tiny fragments on the floor by now.
Quote from: Is it cold in here?:
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

FUCK YEAH FAYE

Jesus, Faye really has worked hard on her issues. Chick is working on becoming my favorite character, because she would never have done this at the beginning of the strip. You are a true baller, Faye Whitaker. I would high-five you if you were not fictional. I should high-five Jeph if I ever see him at a con or some shit.

Aiiiiight gonna check out before the dramavasion proceedeth apace.

(Wooooooooooo go and get the thread locked guys I want to see what jw's face looks like distended in absolute rage)

:x

Don't make me angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook

Having said that...

YAY OMG MARTEN AND FAYE  MIGHT ACTUALLY HAPPEN NAAAAOOOOOWWWW!!!!

i mean we haven't had as many context clues that point to THAT, necessarily, but come on, do we really need any? throughout the entire series, jeph has been hinting, whether he realizes it or not, or even intended for it, at some serious tension of the sexual sort between faye and marten. personally i think faye would be PERFECT for marten.

there's my $0.02

But Faye is off the market.  Isn't she in a relationship with Angus?  Also does Marten still want Faye?  Sometimes being rejected sours the heart.  Then there is the whole jeopardizing the friendship issue.

I think Faye would be interested in Marten but I don't think Faye is ready to start dating Marten.   I think right now she is just getting ready for some casual dating, and dating Marten might be too serious for her.

It could also be that Faye might think it would be weird to date Marten after Dora.  So many things could go wrong.  But in the end I guess it all depends on were Jeph wants to take us.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner

throughout the entire series, jeph has been hinting, whether he realizes it or not, or even intended for it, at some serious tension of the sexual sort between faye and marten

I think that, for a four-figure number of comics, you've been confusing sexual tension with friendship.
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook

But sometimes I wonder if I would consider someone who threatens me with violence a friend.  Being forced into something isn't alot of fun.
Methinks you should learn to read between the lines. Faye's violence threats are metafayesical. If she would've meant any real harm, Dora would've been in very many very tiny fragments on the floor by now.
"So help me [gawd] I will put you in the emergency room."  Was what Faye said.  I didn't think it was a euphemism.  I could be wrong.  I get the impression Faye has some pretty violent impulses sometimes.

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi

And yes, Faye definitely has come a looong way. As Jeph says, she's split the difference between rage and empathy (maybe even realising that rage is often caused by empathy... if you didn't care, you'd probably not get upset in the first place).

Empage?  Rampathy?

I like Rampathy.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook

Oh and just a random though.  Dora's counselor should be the guy from the Geico commercials.

Draven_Xero

• Not quite a lurker
  • I AM the mighty UGAR!!!
    • Strange Haze comic and other fun stuff

Oh and just a random though.  Dora's counselor should be the guy from the Geico commercials.

You mean R. Lee Ermey (don't think I spelled it right)? Honestly, that would be disasterous in a way that would be oh so very awesome!

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner

"So help me [gawd] I will put you in the emergency room."  Was what Faye said.  I didn't think it was a euphemism.
Neither did I. I thought it was a metaphor.

Murphoid

• Plantmonster
    • My Facebook

"So help me [gawd] I will put you in the emergency room."  Was what Faye said.  I didn't think it was a euphemism.
Neither did I. I thought it was a metaphor.

*CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*  :x

dr. nervioso

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • No more Mr. Nice Bitch

Oh Faye. You never fail to threaten your loved ones with death at emotional times.

Am I the only one who tried to predict Tai's eventual reaction to Dora being single? Hopefully she can keep her pants on until Dora is stable. Doing it now would be like humping a nuclear rocket.
this forum is slowly decomposing into butts and kitties

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

Now I see where Jeph was going with all this.  Time for some HAWT Dora on Faye action.  Let it all out Dora, tell Faye how you really feel!  

So, what are the chances of somebody writing a BDSM slashfic about how Dora doesn't go to therapy and Faye subsequently beats the shit out of her. Dora realizes she enjoys that.

On a more serious note, I have several acquitances who might have some use for a therapy or have considered it at some point, but none of them really tried. I will watch the videos of your friend when I am not half-asleep and most likely subsequently refer my friends to those. Thank you.

Edited for typing fail.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 16:42 by Loki »
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

GeoffTheLlama

• Plantmonster

Now I see where Jeph was going with all this.  Time for some HAWT Dora on Faye action.  Let it all out Dora, tell Faye how you really feel!  

So, what are the chances of somebody writing a BDSM slashfic about how Dora doesn't go to therapy and Faye subsequently beats the shit out of her. Dora realizes she enjoys that.

She's a fan of Miss Vance AND Faye, so who's to say this hasn't already been, you know, a fantasy of...Oh.  OH.

OH GOD.

GUYS.  GUYS, I FIGURED IT OUT.  IT WAS NEVER GOING TO BE DORA/MARTEN OR FAYE/MARTEN.

IT'S DORA/FAYE/MARTEN'S MOM IN THE END.
 :psyduck:

Okay, I'm stopping now.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action

YAY OMG MARTEN AND FAYE  MIGHT ACTUALLY HAPPEN NAAAAOOOOOWWWW!!!!

Faye PERFECT for Marten? Not until Marten develops more of a spine, otherwise Faye will walk, nay STOMP, all over him. You think Dora was bad about respecting Marten's privacy and having him walking on eggshells? Faye would be worse, and may include actual punchings when she's pissed at Marten. Yeah, she's been getting better, but put someone in an intimate romantic relationship and, as we've just seen, all kinds of ugly things can come out. At least Angus has shown that he can stand up for himself.

Besides, Faye's not really ready for a romantic relationship yet and she knows it, that's why she's taking things so slow with Angus.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 17:08 by themacnut »
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

"May include"? Psh, he's already gone through that stage.
Just another Joe like 46

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

Also does Marten still want Faye?
Probably not right now, but given a month or two? I'd say yeah, but what the hell do I know. I'd say yeah based on the whole comic up until about 150 strips ago, but then huge chunks of character history were casually tossed out the window in favour of new and more interesting plotlines.

Anyway, as much as I might want it, that avenue won't be explored any time soon if ever.

muffin_of_chaos

• Plantmonster

Probably not right now, but given a month or two? I'd say yeah, but what the hell do I know. I'd say yeah based on the whole comic up until about 150 strips ago, but then huge chunks of character history were casually tossed out the window in favour of new and more interesting plotlines.

Anyway, as much as I might want it, that avenue won't be explored any time soon if ever.

Disagree completely.
...Don't think I even need to say why.  It's been gone over like ten times in the last week.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom

Am I the only one who tried to predict Tai's eventual reaction to Dora being single? Hopefully she can keep her pants on until Dora is stable. Doing it now would be like humping a nuclear rocket.
Hmm... naaaaah.  I think Tai talks a mean game, but she'd never actually cross that line.  Just look at how (is "kind" the word I want?) she was to Marigold.  Tai's a tease, and if she recieved a genuine offer she might take it, but I honestly can't see her sweeping in from the sidelines unless Dora makes the first move.

As far as the Marten/Faye thing goes... well, I won't go into the reasons I think it's ridiculous at this point in the story.  Anything can happen in the future, but as for now... well, I'll just say I have strong doubts and leave it at that.  But I will submit a follow-up thought:
How much, exactly, does Angus McPhee know of the history between those two?  I mean he obviously knows some of it, and he's talked about it with Marten when they were being oh-so-very-fancy.  But he may not know all the details.  And if he finds out that Dora - who looks perfectly balanced and sane from the outside - had a breakdown and ended her relationship with Marten because she doesn't think she can trust him with Faye?  I wonder what thoughts will go though Angus' mind.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

Disagree completely.
...Don't think I even need to say why.  It's been gone over like ten times in the last week.
Disagree about the comic breaking character for various folk? Well, that's fine. Everybody is going to have an opinion. The cool thing about them is it doesn't matter worth a damn if yours and mine are different. It's OK for me to have mine, and OK for you to have yours.  :-)

To clarify my opinion as stated above, though... I'll just add on a little more here.  Just because I believe Marten probably still likes Faye a lot doesn't mean I think he's going to do anything about it. In the highly unlikely event anything should happen, Faye would be the first to make a move. Maybe if she split up with Angus in due course for unrelated reasons, then Marten would make a move, but not right now or any time in the foreseeable future.

How much, exactly, does Angus McPhee know of the history between those two?  I mean he obviously knows some of it, and he's talked about it with Marten when they were being oh-so-very-fancy.  But he may not know all the details.  And if he finds out that Dora - who looks perfectly balanced and sane from the outside - had a breakdown and ended her relationship with Marten because she doesn't think she can trust him with Faye?  I wonder what thoughts will go though Angus' mind.
That could be an awesome plot. It could be, but it probably won't be as far as I'm concerned, because it will be full of ridiculous declarations by Marten and Faye that they don't have those feelings. There's no way in hell that makes sense for the characters as they were up until around 1650, but that's the way things apparently are right now.

I'd accept it if they admitted to having those feelings but that they weren't in a position to do anything about it, or that it's become to awkward to do anything about it... or pretty much anything that doesn't suggest they were replaced by lookalikes at some point in the recent past.

I'm not so crazy that I expect the author to go along with my wishes, but I would prefer if their current actions could make sense in light of their history. I don't think that's too much to hope for.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 18:32 by Soluzar »

xerada

• Plantmonster

Also does Marten still want Faye?
<snip>
I disagree. Character history tossed out of the window? On the contrary, as pointed out in the Breakup Foreshadowing thread and the Dora/Marten Memoriam thread, there were signs of it. The recent development suits their history, it shows how far they have come. It shows how Marten is having second thoughts (and is, again, "chalking it up to HRP"), Faye having great character development and Dora finally showing more of her hidden, angsty side we knew was there.
It fits, and I love to see how it goes from there.

Oh, I HOPE it won't. I think Marten and Faye share a great friendship. They love each other, but with a healty distance, and this is more than they could ever have in a sexual relationship.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Disagree completely.
...Don't think I even need to say why.  It's been gone over like ten times in the last week.
Disagree about the comic breaking character for various folk? Well, that's fine. Everybody is going to have an opinion. The cool thing about them is it doesn't matter worth a damn if yours and mine are different. It's OK for me to have mine, and OK for you to have yours.  :-)

To clarify my opinion as stated above, though... I'll just add on a little more here.  Just because I believe Marten probably still likes Faye a lot doesn't mean I think he's going to do anything about it. In the highly unlikely event anything should happen, Faye would be the first to make a move. Maybe if she split up with Angus in due course for unrelated reasons, then Marten would make a move, but not right now or any time in the foreseeable future.

That could be an awesome plot. It could be, but it probably won't be as far as I'm concerned, because it will be full of ridiculous declarations by Marten and Faye that they don't have those feelings. There's no way in hell that makes sense for the characters as they were up until around 1650, but that's the way things apparently are right now.

I'd accept it if they admitted to having those feelings but that they weren't in a position to do anything about it, or that it's become to awkward to do anything about it... or pretty much anything that doesn't suggest they were replaced by lookalikes at some point in the recent past.

I'm not so crazy that I expect the author to go along with my wishes, but I would prefer if their current actions could make sense in light of their history. I don't think that's too much to hope for.

And the only opinion that matters is Jeph's.
Just another Joe like 46

Soluzar

• Emoticontraindication
  • That guy.

I disagree. Character history tossed out of the window? On the contrary, as pointed out in the Breakup Foreshadowing thread and the Dora/Marten Memoriam thread, there were signs of it. The recent development suits their history, it shows how far they have come.
I never said Dora's development got tossed. To be fair I didn't specify, but I only think that specific aspects of Marten and Faye's character have been junked when they were inconvenient for the current storyline Jeph wanted to write. Now I come to think about it, in addition to that Hannelore has been rewritten from the ground up, actually. It just isn't so egregious in her case because lets face it, that character was pretty much written into a corner before she started getting personality retcons. It happened a bit at a time, and was cunningly paired up with believable development so it didn't look like the massive change it was, though. I accept that, because exaggerating her development beyond the strictly believable turned her into a great addition to the cast.

And the only opinion that matters is Jeph's.
Exactly what I should have said in my first paragraph above. That's what I mean. I can say what I think until I'm blue in the face, and so can you and everyone else. Why should it matter? Jeph finds this forum distasteful, and so he's really not likely to be swayed by anyone's expressed opinion.

It's all just a fun way of wasting some minutes.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 18:51 by Soluzar »

Tergon

I definitely agree that for Marten and Faye to claim they have no feelings for each other is out-of-character.  And while I stand on my belief that they won't hook up now, I will concede that anything can happen as the story progresses.  But I don't think they really have said they've gotten over all those feelings.  Obviously they're still extremely close, and if we judge by Marten's infamous fish-moose dream, he's still perfectly aware that Faye is an attractive lady.  Hell, Marten outright told Dora that he still has feelings for Faye and thinks he always will, which is what led to one of their bigger fights early in the relationship.

What they've said is that they aren't holding any designs on each other, and they have no intention to hook up, nor regrets about the people they're dating - or were, in Marten's case.  And as far as that goes, I think it was the truth.  Despite the attraction between them, and the deep affection, they honestly aren't hoping for any kind of romantic relationship... at the moment.

Tormuse

• Larger than most fish
  • I'm not really that patriotic... really!

You only hurt the ones you love...

Really? And theres me thinking that we hurt the ones who really deserve it too....

Plenty of overlap there.  :)

KOODustin

• Plantmonster

I have to say, I LOVE how this turned out.  I really hope Dora gets help.  I still don't like her and Martin as a couple, but I do think she has SOME potential to be a good person if she works on her extremely glaring flaws.  I love the way Jeph did this one.

Boomslang

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

Sven = Bro.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

gathayah

• Not quite a lurker

haha, Oh Sven. I'm glad to see the comic slowly turning back to humor, unpleasant circumstances notwithstanding.
Delicious bourbon
Finest of all the spirits
A drunken haiku

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

New Comic... Hee heeee!

You knew we'd have to hear Sven's side eventually... And it makes sense that she'd have Sven go over to get her stuff.
Just another Joe like 46

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.

Ahh, Sven. You always know just the wrong thing to say!

*snort*

Turkeys tomorrow, now, guaranteed >.<
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!

Not helping, Sven. Not helping.
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Boomslang

No, but Sven's never been in Marten's current position, even with Faye. He's being the best friend he knows how to be, and I give him credit for that.
Having to fight an adult deinonychus with a sharp rock is extremely scary. Granted, I only know this from dreams, but it makes complete sense.

melly21

• Plantmonster
  • I be saucy

Jeph's comment at the bottom had me laughing so hard.

Sven does indeed know ALL the slutty chicks.

I love Sven so hard right now.
There is no save button when it comes to ladies!

AngelofShadows

• One body.....one mind.

Sven, a hero is you.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

Coffee_Kaioken

• Furry furrier

haha, Oh Sven. I'm glad to see the comic slowly turning back to humor, unpleasant circumstances notwithstanding.

Yeah, Jeph apparently meant it when he said humor and puns would return to QC as soon as relatively possible.

I was just relieved that Sven didn't get angry with Marten over anything.

Tergon

Ha.  Opposing versions of the "I'm sorry it didn't work out, but we're still friends" talk.

Faye's:  "You're an idiot, but I love you, and I'm going to hug you while making threats on your life."
Sven's:  "...I like music?  And sex?"

Actually I was a little surprised.  A remark like that is very much like the old, pre-Faye version of Sven that we knew.  Maybe the sheer awkwardness made him default back into Manwhore-mode.

Arrgh

• Not quite a lurker

You know, if you read the comic with your thumb carefully positioned over Sven's last dialogue ballon so that it cuts him off after he says "And if you need some meaningless rebound sex..." that works too.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor

I hope Marten doesn't hook up with anyone.  Or Dora.  Both of them being out of the dating/relationship game for awhile would do them some good.  Besides, QC returning to the day to day humor between its characters and whatnot would be a nice change of pace.

Though I would not say No to Raven coming over to "comfort" Marten...
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Wiregeek

• Curry sauce
  • Yes I am. No I'm not.

No, but Sven's never been in Marten's current position, even with Faye. He's being the best friend he knows how to be, and I give him credit for that.

VERY good point, there!

Sven's been a 'player' his whole life, he's "reformed" in the last, what, 6 months? 4 months?
Hasn't bought a new set of tools yet.. When the only tool you have is a dickbroom, every problem is a dust.. vulva?

I got nuthin'
 :psyduck:
When you're a kid, they tell you it's all "grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker. And so much madder. And so much better!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

If your only tool is the Nine Iron of Doom, you see every problem as a golf ball.

WHACK!
Just another Joe like 46

Skewbrow

• Duck attack survivor
  • damn it

Actually I was a little surprised.  A remark like that is very much like the old, pre-Faye version of Sven that we knew.  Maybe the sheer awkwardness made him default back into Manwhore-mode.

Hmm. Could it simply be that Sven is holding up the "Old Sven" front, when talking with another dude? He was more or less the same way, when Sven and Marten had their Cliff's notes chat. We have seen the "New Sven", when he is interacting with chicks.

OTOH Marten is a special case. Sometimes Sven is talking with Marten as Dora's big brother. Sometimes as any other dude. The switch from one role to the other is noticable, right?
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2010, 21:58 by Skewbrow »
QC  - entertaining you with regular shots in the butt since 2003.

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

At least someone's taking it well.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Sharp

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Hanging the toilet paper upside down.

Man, looks like Marten is going to be carrying those bags under his eyes for a while. 

I was glad to see Sven again though, and in such a compassionate mood. (No, not PASSIONATE.  :police:) It's a relief to see that everyone so far is trying to make this as easy on the couple as possible.

Reactions yet to be seen:

Hanners?: sorrysorrysorrysorrysosososorry -panic attack-
Marigold?: Bummer
Steve?: Wow man...I mean..wow.
Raven?: Oh Noes! -triumphant return-
Oh, UMASS fratboys.  Where don't you show up drunk?
[quote author

Somebody

• Curry sauce

Speaking on the whole 'Ghosts of Dora's past' subject-

I forget which comic it is, but it's the one after Hanner's apartment gets blocked off with paper, and they're talking about missing the obvious solution to the problem. Dora's quip?

"All of my relationships in college were like that. 'Oh, I can just break up with them!' (or something pretty close to that).

You know what that says to me, in light of recent events? Fighting to stay in the relationship is something Dora tried with all of her previous asshole boyfriends. And now she's too afraid to try it again, probably because it always got worse after she stayed in a relationship she shouldn't have.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into one throw away joke. Definitely a possibility.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=960
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up