THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 May 2024, 01:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 99   Go Down

Author Topic: POINTLESS THREAD III: ESCAPE FROM RAPTOR MOUNTAIN AGAIN  (Read 929049 times)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
Re: POINTLESS THREAD III: ESCAPE FROM RAPTOR MOUNTAIN AGAIN
« Reply #4150 on: 21 Jun 2013, 06:51 »

I believe this would go into Random Thoughts?
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #4151 on: 21 Jun 2013, 07:45 »

Monk:Is it an evil spirit?
The Doctor: It's a woman.
Monk: *crosses himself*
I get, is funny because misogyny.
bainidhe_dub rant

strangely relevant to the conversation and just in general.

(click to show/hide)

moving on, back to the funnies...

burn the motha down!
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2013, 10:00 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

ackblom12

« Reply #4152 on: 21 Jun 2013, 10:31 »

I'm not going to go into why the claim that "it's a joke" is a shitty excuse for sexist/racist/etc. jokes, so instead...

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #4153 on: 21 Jun 2013, 10:59 »

Late to the game on the opinion front, I know, but I thought it worth mentioning that it's probably more a reference to the long-running British comedy thing of the clergy being a horde of limp-wristed woman-hating chronic masturbators. Chastity vows etc etc. It's pretty much already been covered more intelligently by bainidhe_dub.
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4155 on: 21 Jun 2013, 14:00 »

Late to the game on the opinion front, I know, but I thought it worth mentioning that it's probably more a reference to the long-running British comedy thing of the clergy being a horde of limp-wristed woman-hating chronic masturbators. Chastity vows etc etc. It's pretty much already been covered more intelligently by bainidhe_dub.

See this doesn't come across to someone who is just looking at the images and doesn't know the long running references in British comedy or the context in the show itself. The picture doesn't really give you the context other than "two guys dressed as monks" so I guess if you know about the whole monk celibacy thing it could give a slight smirk, but it still perpetuates dumb bullshit ideas about gender and not calling people out on it just leads the "its a joke" defense to seem more and more plausible. Slippery slope logic leads to rape jokes etc.

I may just be a little more sensitive since I know a few people (wouldn't call them friends exactly) who's first and primary insults are always toward comparing men, items, actions, to women as a form of insult and calling him out on it does nothing except get you called a fag or a bitch and create undue conflict.

Also not to personally attack you here LeeC, but a lot of your posts/pictures in the pointless thread feel like they're getting pulled straight from r/MensRightsFapMaterial
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #4156 on: 21 Jun 2013, 15:44 »

My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4157 on: 21 Jun 2013, 17:36 »

surprisingly Jace they are all from imgur front page,  laugh load (not sure why but i shows up on my FB), or icanhascheezburger.com: video games, very demotivational, senor gif, fandom base, comixed, dating fails, superheroes, and animal gifs.  Maybe its just my broad sense of humor but I find most tame and funny.  Like the EDI cosplay, that is very impressive IMHO as far as cosplays go and is dead on.  I could care less if someone faps to it or the guy making Overly Attached Girlfriend eggs :-P.  I am just impressed and wanted to share it.

mind you I do filter some of the things I put up here.  I saw a fascinating photo of a baby with its chest open and could see its little heart and organs.  Scientifically speaking it was amazing, but I knew posting it here would have been in bad taste.  Now a gif of a guy on the phone letting a nearby monk know who he was talking to and the monk acting like an angry woman is just as bad as an evil spirit is funny to me.  Hell hath no wrath like, well , you know the rest. :wink: No inside joke really needed for that one.  Ive only seen the first 4 episodes of season 5 of doctor who so I didnt really get any inside jokes. 

back to our regularly scheduled broadcast:

majestic!

like a sir!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4158 on: 21 Jun 2013, 19:40 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #4159 on: 22 Jun 2013, 13:04 »

Who the hell trained the snake to open a door? Now he's just going to teach his friends and we're fucked as a species. They'll be picking locks next.

Also what the HELL is up with that bathroom that there are MULTIPLE massive spiders in it? Someone needs to learn to clean. Or something. Jesus. I'd burn the house down.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

KingOfIreland

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Artist formerly known as Tuathal
« Reply #4160 on: 22 Jun 2013, 13:33 »

The fuck happened to you, man? You used to be cool.

See this doesn't come across to someone who is just looking at the images and doesn't know the long running references in British comedy or the context in the show itself. The picture doesn't really give you the context other than "two guys dressed as monks" so I guess if you know about the whole monk celibacy thing it could give a slight smirk, but it still perpetuates dumb bullshit ideas about gender and not calling people out on it just leads the "its a joke" defense to seem more and more plausible. Slippery slope logic leads to rape jokes etc.

I may just be a little more sensitive since I know a few people (wouldn't call them friends exactly) who's first and primary insults are always toward comparing men, items, actions, to women as a form of insult and calling him out on it does nothing except get you called a fag or a bitch and create undue conflict.

Also not to personally attack you here LeeC, but a lot of your posts/pictures in the pointless thread feel like they're getting pulled straight from r/MensRightsFapMaterial
"Cock's Fresh Prepared steak"

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #4161 on: 22 Jun 2013, 14:44 »

I feel like this is relevant on the subject of what is and isn't funny: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-questions-people-debating-rape-jokes-should-ask-themselves/
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ackblom12

« Reply #4162 on: 22 Jun 2013, 15:01 »

The problem I have with that article is it still uses the same old tired 'Freedom of Speech' style of argument shut down, somehow doing so while also acknowledging you have the right to criticize. Adding a jab of people arguing against rape jokes as 'censorship' is bullshit on all but the most fringe cases. This applies to a hell of a lot of other types of jokes as well that involve race and just about every other subject. If you want to see good rape jokes that aren't total shit you don't have to look any further than someone like Louis C.K. or Wanda Sykes. It's all about what or who the punchline is.

And Patton Oswalt explains how and why his mind changed on the subject on his blog recently.

http://www.pattonoswalt.com/index.cfm?page=spew&id=167
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2013, 15:07 by ackblom12 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #4164 on: 22 Jun 2013, 16:48 »

“Because that’s the thing about Scooby-Doo: The bad guys in every episode aren’t monsters, they’re liars.
I can’t imagine how scandalized those critics who were relieved to have something that was mild enough to not excite their kids would’ve been if they’d stopped for a second and realized what was actually going on. The very first rule of Scooby-Doo, the single premise that sits at the heart of their adventures, is that the world is full of grown-ups who lie to kids, and that it’s up to those kids to figure out what those lies are and call them on it, even if there are other adults who believe those lies with every fiber of their being. And the way that you win isn’t through supernatural powers, or even through fighting. The way that you win is by doing the most dangerous thing that any person being lied to by someone in power can do: You think.”

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4165 on: 22 Jun 2013, 22:38 »

So after reading the previous posts, I post this in trepidation.

Disney princesses as burlesque dancers
If you want to see what God and Satan look like, look in the mirror.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #4166 on: 22 Jun 2013, 23:01 »

Nothing to fear!  I see it on several levels, actually... the parallel of Disney princess / burlesque girl is an interesting choice, both being shallow representations of womanhoood, created for pure entertainment purposes, equally unattainable, just pandering to different aspects. 

Besides, stockings are hot    :-o :-D :roll: :angel:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4167 on: 22 Jun 2013, 23:18 »

Besides, stockings are hot
Agree

mtmerrick

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4168 on: 22 Jun 2013, 23:33 »

I've never gotten the allure, myself.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #4169 on: 22 Jun 2013, 23:41 »

Try some on. 

Then get back to me. 

:mrgreen:

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #4170 on: 23 Jun 2013, 00:36 »

I think Jasmine might actually have more skin covered then normal.

Akima

• ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #4171 on: 23 Jun 2013, 02:48 »

And have a more realistic figure. I am still glad that Hua Mulan is not included.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #4172 on: 23 Jun 2013, 06:11 »

Those wearing garter belts are all wearing them differently. Weird.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod
« Reply #4173 on: 23 Jun 2013, 08:19 »

Welp, I have an usually dark and shitty sense of humor so a lot of offensive jokes amuse me. I just tell those jokes when I know my crowd, otherwise I just shut up.
It's that simple. Everybody happy.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4175 on: 23 Jun 2013, 10:10 »

well she was a good sport

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #4176 on: 23 Jun 2013, 11:22 »

Just based on the coloration *she has yet to be successful

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #4177 on: 24 Jun 2013, 06:30 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4178 on: 24 Jun 2013, 07:48 »

« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2013, 09:08 by LeeC »

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4181 on: 24 Jun 2013, 12:21 »

@Sorflakne: I think I have heard of her, she is the girl who tries to pet cats but they scratch/bite her all the time right?  I am basing this on imgur and maybe I saw it here.

@celtic geek: yup, pretty much april ludgate from parks and rec.  Andy is surprisingly a human golden retriever.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4182 on: 24 Jun 2013, 14:29 »

the girl who tries to pet cats but they scratch/bite her all the time

Sakaki:

Not that the picture above looks much like her, but it could be (details are right, just not the overall effect).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4183 on: 24 Jun 2013, 19:37 »

My pic of her is actually from the anime.

ackblom12

« Reply #4184 on: 24 Jun 2013, 20:13 »

Sorflakne

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4185 on: 24 Jun 2013, 21:47 »

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #4186 on: 24 Jun 2013, 23:03 »

Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #4187 on: 25 Jun 2013, 00:26 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4188 on: 25 Jun 2013, 08:02 »

I know cats sit on notebook supposedly because they are warm, are roombas the same way or do cats just like riding them?

some day...

« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2013, 08:27 by LeeC »

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #4189 on: 25 Jun 2013, 08:28 »

I think some of it's the vibrations, too. 

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4190 on: 25 Jun 2013, 09:48 »

WHO DID THE THING

is a phrase I must use more often. I also need to watch more Adventure Time.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4191 on: 25 Jun 2013, 09:53 »

for those out of the loop....

saw this and had to share.  It was titled "Old Economy Steve"

I think what makes it most funny is it reminds me of my dad with a lot of stuff he has said over the years  8-) Real "Death of a Salesman" type stuff, but then reality hit and he understands times have changed.

wish I was that clever
http://imgur.com/gallery/isXvO
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2013, 14:45 by LeeC »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #4192 on: 25 Jun 2013, 16:13 »

You can actually make pretty good money without HS... I know jobs in the trades are scary to a lot of people these days but welders with the right certs can easily pull $40/hr and I've never heard of a plumber going out of business because of the economy.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4193 on: 25 Jun 2013, 16:44 »

Be prepared for a fuck ton of Adventure Time gifs...

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #4194 on: 25 Jun 2013, 20:06 »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4195 on: 25 Jun 2013, 21:53 »

OC instead of imgur frontpage gallery:
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #4196 on: 25 Jun 2013, 22:37 »

That isn't even original or something.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #4197 on: 26 Jun 2013, 02:32 »

So I still play minecraft a bunch. I made something stupid. Here it is:

(Yes, I know the youtube account contains my real name, no I'm not particularly worried about that)
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 99   Go Up