THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 05 May 2024, 18:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

And the moment of the week was...?

...And then HE said "that's not a femtosecond initiation optical pulse, that's my WIFE!
- 4 (5.5%)
Enjoyin' the egghead jokes? I think I'm a few PhD's short.
- 1 (1.4%)
Wanna ditch?
- 0 (0%)
Let's get outta here before they start tryin' to arm-wrestle the hunter-killer droids.
- 1 (1.4%)
You turned down all that money? (Meh, no big deal)
- 0 (0%)
Floating in space: "Even if I am just a glorified TSA agent, I get to do it in SPACE..."
- 2 (2.7%)
Space Hooch Spit Take - "So, are you and the doc's kid ####in' or what?"
- 18 (24.7%)
We're just friends. (I assumed...)
- 0 (0%)
It's not all it's cracked up to be.... you bump into things too much... See this scar?
- 1 (1.4%)
Dunno if she was playin' you or what, but you coulda handled it a little better.
- 1 (1.4%)
Send her an e-mail or something! No sense leavin' it off on a sad note.
- 0 (0%)
No offense, buddy, but you're not my type.
- 1 (1.4%)
You were seriously gonna try and make a move on me when you don't even know my FIRST NAME?
- 11 (15.1%)
I like big guys, y'know? I want a man who can bench press me one handed.
- 2 (2.7%)
You can call me Abbie. And write that email!
- 2 (2.7%)
"...You wouldn't believe where I'm emailing you from..."
- 7 (9.6%)
Hannelore? Could you meet me on observation deck 3?
- 0 (0%)
Table, candlelight, nice view of Earth... and a dressed up Station!
- 6 (8.2%)
Do you have a DATE? Oh my gosh! Who is she? Is she nice?
- 1 (1.4%)
...She's VERY nice. Have a seat. Oh no, no, I wouldn't want to be a distraction.
- 11 (15.1%)
Enjoy your dinner! "W-wait!"
- 4 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2151-55 (26-30 Mar 2012) QC IN SPAAAAAACE... Week TEN!?!  (Read 84197 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Not sure if want.

This could be interesting. I think this may be Station wanting to catch up. He hasn't spoke to her or seen Hanners in a long time. A case of, "I Blinked and The Girl Has Become a Woman". Maybe we'll hear about how Station helped her partially overcome herself.

Also poor Francis looks so dejected.

Soulsynger

• The Tickler
  • Got alla the cri'cal sysms runnin'
    • Fessel at DeviantART

Oh yeah, completely forgot, what with them looking the same and all. *facepalm*
Isn't that kinda racist since A.I. could be thought of as a "race"? ... °O
Ya, but this isn't "lol all chinese/italian/black/swedish people look the same lol". This is the case of two entities actually looking exactly the same. Getting confused between two AIs using the same hologram or the same chassis is justified as far as I'm concerned - and if AIs were petty enough to get offended by it... well, then clearly they'd be a very good simulation of humans...
If only it didn't need the context to be as funny as it is, I'd get that last bit on a T-Shirt.  :-D

You are absolutely right. Made my day.
My music as Hirnfunk on Soundcloud
My art (old and new) as Indrome on DeviantArt

jmucchiello

• Curry sauce

Did no one laugh about the irony of this thread? Here was a debate on the nature of what is a date and what is dating and 2155 shows up.

Based on her reaction to leaving, I'd say Station intended this to be a romantic date, whatever it is he thinks such a thing should be.

And I'm mildly weirded out about a former "babysitter" dating his charge.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

The best thing about this strip is, Jeph can just throw it away like it never happened if he wants.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor

It worked for Billie and Ruth.

But yeah, if Hannelore/Marten is creepy, this is the fucking Creepy Olympics.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

sine-out

• Not quite a lurker
  • Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.
    • my tumblr

I actually don't think it's that creepy that Station is potentially romantically interested in Hanners.

The reason is fairly simple (albeit with a minor caveat), while I don't know exactly how long the station and its AI has existed, it's safe to assume that Station (the AI), is not significantly much more older than Hannelore. In this respect, the feelings would be similar to a childhood friend becoming or expressing romantic(ally) interest(ed).

Granted, AI in the QCverse seem to express fully adult cognition when they are created, but even very advanced AI in this universe can still grow in unexpected and altogether 'human' ways. Having adult cognition doesn't preclude a sort of child-like naivete during the early years of a QC (or even a potential real world strong) AI.
In fact, you can see hints of that in the comparatively younger AI elsewhere in the comic. For example, while Momo is a very level headed intelligence (she'd sort of have to be, I suppose), she does clearly show evidence that she is in fact 'young'. Granted, not as young as her ~2.7 years suggests, but still showing evidence of her age simply because of her real world experiences.

Yes it can be 'creepy' in the sense that Station probably would have represented as being an 'Adult' to a young Hannelore, but on the other hand, it's not much different to a childhood friend being attracted to another.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2012, 06:37 by sine-out »
I pretend I'm an artist at sine-out.deviantart.com
I pretend I have a 'real blog' at sineout.tumblr.com

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Am I the only one who finds this a little creepy?
No. Fortunately Hanners is either clueless, or a mistress of escaping awkward situations with well-directed obliviousness.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

StevenC

• Furry furrier

It would be creepy if she was still a kid. But she's an adult. Station was her "babysitter" 10 or so years ago.

Kenyahp

• Balloon animal serial killer

Eh. I think the creepy factor is gone for me because my brother is dating someone twenty years older than him. He would have been 2 when her first child was born. So, the whole "babysitter" thing doesn't weird me out any.

Also also, remember 2125? When he is talking to Hanners? I felt a bit of the "I miss you and love you vibe", but maybe no the romantic kind.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

This is a progression:  Boy Friend Robot; Sven; Station -- simulations for training purposes. 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Ya, but this isn't "lol all chinese/italian/black/swedish people look the same lol". This is the case of two entities actually looking exactly the same. Getting confused between two AIs using the same hologram or the same chassis is justified as far as I'm concerned - and if AIs were petty enough to get offended by it... well, then clearly they'd be a very good simulation of humans...

Well, if you wanna be picky (and what else is this forum for?), Spaceship has rounder eyes, differently styled hair, a straighter nose and his chin comes to more of a point whereas Station has more almond-y eyes, different hair, a curved nose and a squarer jaw. Also it may be the suit shape but Station seems to have a lankier build but Spaceship is a little broader. They're not exactly the same but the entirely blue tone is confusing. If they were human or AnthroPC chassis, as in coloured with natural tones, their differences would be more obvious.

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

Welp, I kinda figured Station would make a move. Didn't know if it was going to be Potter or Hanners, now I've got my answer.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
What indication gave you even a hint that this was coming, 'cause to me this was about as unexpected as an immaculate conception.

Well, I guess I sensed that Station had a thing for Hanners when she made him apologize to Potter, plus he "was the only one who could get through to her" when she had her profound OCD problems.

As for Potter, before Jeph showed us her full character, I was half-expecting her to fall for Station, instead they just went on a drunken rampage.

On top of all this, Jeph is obviously interested in AI-human interaction/rights/etc so... yeah, I figured.

Milesb

• Obscure cultural reference

I don't think it's creepy..

I think it's because Station has a human persona - he's being held to human standards when he is an AI. The fact Hanners was in his care (as was everyone on the station) as a child does not mean he's had weird creepy thoughts.

Station is essentially ageless and therefore comparative age differences don't exist in relation to him. For all we know (based upon the speed in which AI's develop, based on Momo being a few years old) Station could be younger than Hanners and still have supported her from a responsible-adult viewpoint during most of her life.

I don't get the impression Station is trying to seduce Hanners here. I think he's probably pretty proud that she seems to have managed to achieve so much in "normalizing" herself, and I think he (as seems to be his character) is trying to celebrate that in a way that isn't very well thought through.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

Well, if you wanna be picky (and what else is this forum for?), Spaceship has rounder eyes, differently styled hair, a straighter nose and his chin comes to more of a point whereas Station has more almond-y eyes, different hair, a curved nose and a squarer jaw. Also it may be the suit shape but Station seems to have a lankier build but Spaceship is a little broader. They're not exactly the same but the entirely blue tone is confusing. If they were human or AnthroPC chassis, as in coloured with natural tones, their differences would be more obvious.

Or it could be how Jeph's drawing of station has evolved during this arc. As someone who draws (I refuse to call myself an artist; I doodle), I often have to draw a character many, many times before their final design settles in. So, it could very well just be inconsistency in the drawing of the subject matter. Because really, they are ridiculously similar if what you suggest is true - if Jeph meant for them to look different, I would imagine he would make a concerted effort to make them more discernable.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

I actually don't think it's that creepy that Station is potentially romantically interested in Hanners.

The reason is fairly simple (albeit with a minor caveat), while I don't know exactly how long the station and its AI has existed, it's safe to assume that Station (the AI), is not significantly much more older than Hannelore. In this respect, the feelings would be similar to a childhood friend becoming or expressing romantic(ally) interest(ed).

Yes it can be 'creepy' in the sense that Station probably would have represented as being an 'Adult' to a young Hannelore, but on the other hand, it's not much different to a childhood friend being attracted to another.

Welcome, new person!

Good post!

You beat me to the point: it would be like dating the Girl Next Door.

On the subject of Station's intentions, isn't it contrary to the nature of a just-friends Nice Dinner to make physical compliments? Isn't that more of a Date thing?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Milesb

was it a physical compliment? "is she nice" - "I think she's VERY nice"

If it was "Beautiful" or "Hot" or any other word which strongly evoked physical traits I'd be with you, but "nice" is a bit too generic. Nice person. Nice personality. Nice Body.

Could mean any of those things and a lot more besides, you know?

Throg

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • will accordion for food

Okay, finally put my finger on what seems a little off by this: it's way too much all at once. 

Let's say that Hanners and Station are the same mental age, and it is like dating the Girl Next Door and a childhood friend.  It still begs several really important questions:

(1) If AI's date other AI's, why would they even need to have a physical setting like a candlelit dinner table? 
(2) Do AI's "date" humans?  Has this ever been shown before?
(3) Was Hanners being intentionally oblivious, as Akima suggested, or was she assuming that Station might've been setting up a date for someone else? 

While human-AI relationships might be taken for granted in the QCverse, on the readership, mind=blown.  Or at least the forums, that nitpicked/discussed the hell out of AI rights. 

SQUEEZE BOX

sine-out

• Not quite a lurker
  • Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity.
    • my tumblr

(1) If AI's date other AI's, why would they even need to have a physical setting like a candlelit dinner table?

Many AI's, I assume, exist in the real world as Anthro PC's. While they could have a 'date' by sharing network packets over the internet, since their intelligence seems to be modelled at least partially on human intelligence, it would seem they might share similar psychological norms to us.

(2) Do AI's "date" humans?  Has this ever been shown before?

As far as I am aware, it's not been actually shown, however, it's also not illegal for it to happen, when you combine that with Anthro PC chassis' that can be effectively indistinguishable from humans, it doesn't seem too far fetched.

(3) Was Hanners being intentionally oblivious, as Akima suggested, or was she assuming that Station might've been setting up a date for someone else?

Hanners has been shown to be very perceptive and naive in separate instances. So, it could swing either way.
I pretend I'm an artist at sine-out.deviantart.com
I pretend I have a 'real blog' at sineout.tumblr.com

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.

I think a huge point being missed here is that it is being assumed that Station's hologram has always looked the way it looks now.  I mean, it's just a hologram - it can look however it wants to look.  Maybe Station appears used to project itself to Hannelore as her approximate age.  Not that Station had to "grow up", but just that it wanted Hannelore to feel at ease, so it projected itself to her in a form that would be most soothing.  Who knows?
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

Milesb

I'm not gonna get heavily involved in the AI ethics/concepts stuff because I've not explored it before and I'm sure I'd need to read up on all the posts before I could meaningfully contribute..

That said: up until Hanners says "Oh no, I don't want to be a distraction!" isn't it quite plausible that Station perceives Hanner's comments as teasing him?

Edit: In the sense that she's playing along with it being her that station is talking about. Only when she's leaving does it seem obvious she didn't get it?

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

Given this strip, I'm voting for truly clueless, as opposed to playfully oblivious. 

She can be insightful, but she has a HUGE blind spot when it comes to anything involving herself. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Somebody

• Curry sauce

Well, we know from Pintsize that human-robot makeouts are legal, so logically Station would indeed be the perfect first boyfriend for her.
Logically.
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=611

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Am I the only one who finds this a little creepy?
No. Fortunately Hanners is either clueless, or a mistress of escaping awkward situations with well-directed obliviousness.

Heh, just like Dora back in 1969. Very smooth.

Milesb

Heh, just like Dora back in 1969. Very smooth.

You know that really reminded me that Tai has claimed polyamory doesn't work for her and she prefers monogamy. Was she trying to say she actually liked Dora beyond a no strings attached thing? The sentence that finishes her comment seems to me: "but I... I really like you" more than "but I... I really think it'd be weird" - was she saved from embarrassment by Dora's comment?

(sorry it's not hugely wcdt fitting...)

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math

OMG I want Hannelore and Station to get together! It's not like she has to worry about cleanliness with him. Perfect relationship!!

ecstaticjoy

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • I like math

I don't find this creepy at all.
Me either!! I can't wait to see what happens. This is a really interesting turn of events.

jmucchiello

• Curry sauce

While human-AI relationships might be taken for granted in the QCverse, on the readership, mind=blown.
This blows your mind? Really? Most people are being squikked I would think by the former babysitter aspect, not the human-AI "interfacing" aspect.

squab

• Plantmonster

I don't find this creepy at all. Also keep in mind that Station probably wasn't as intelligent when Hanners was little, so he's done a lot of growing and maturing too. Upgrades = robopuberty, maybe?

However, if the line "So I uploaded a copy of myself into this fully-functional and anatomically-correct chassis" is uttered, then yes; we have hit full Julia-Roberts-in-Hook levels of weird and creepy.

(click to show/hide)

Am I the only one wondering if the robo-BF will show up? I mean, Hanners sent it back to her dad, which would mean it's on the station... >_>

calmcalamity

• Plantmonster

I've already posted this once when reporting on the spoiler comic earlier this week, but here it is again, my reasons for why i felt slightly creeped out by this comic.

1. (Hit as I was half way through) He's of an entirely different format, i.e. different lifeform
2. (Hit just as I was finished reading) They talk about Hanners naming Station at a young age. This would suggest that he was fully cognitive when she was still a child.
3. (Hit as I was beginning to write the summary for Is it cold in here?) They've indicated that Station was the closest thing Hanners had to a friend growing up, i.e. Best. This may somewhat explain Stations feelings.
4. (Hit as I was on the toilet a few minutes ago thinking about it some more and freaked me the fuck out) John Ellicott-Catham created Station, some would infer this could be considered a parental relationship, depending on who you talk to.

Four levels of uncomfortable, going from awkward to semi-creepy awkward to less creepy but more awkward to just creepy and very awkward.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

All this to wait for the resolution of, and Jeph's already said that he's done a Yelling Bird comic - so that's Monday out.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

WAYF

• Beyoncé

Well, we know from Pintsize that human-robot makeouts are legal, so logically Station would indeed be the perfect first boyfriend for her.
Logically.
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=611

Good God, the mental image.
 :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Ok, so I don't think this is creepy. My point is that it's legal, and we know that Hannelore's dad endorses robot boyfriends in some form or another. And as I say, it might not even be a romantic sort of date (maybe).

But thank you for successfully convincing me of how little I would want to watch that happen. All I can think of in terms of romantic human/AI relations right now is gargling a 9-volt battery.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2012, 16:07 by WAYF »

Overkillengine

• Furry furrier
  • Meh.

Gives the phrase "battery operated boyfriend" an entirely new meaning.  :roll:

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

I've already posted this once when reporting on the spoiler comic earlier this week, but here it is again, my reasons for why i felt slightly creeped out by this comic.

1. (Hit as I was half way through) He's of an entirely different format, i.e. different lifeform
2. (Hit just as I was finished reading) They talk about Hanners naming Station at a young age. This would suggest that he was fully cognitive when she was still a child.
3. (Hit as I was beginning to write the summary for Is it cold in here?) They've indicated that Station was the closest thing Hanners had to a friend growing up, i.e. Best. This may somewhat explain Stations feelings.
4. (Hit as I was on the toilet a few minutes ago thinking about it some more and freaked me the fuck out) John Ellicott-Catham created Station, some would infer this could be considered a parental relationship, depending on who you talk to.

Four levels of uncomfortable, going from awkward to semi-creepy awkward to less creepy but more awkward to just creepy and very awkward.

Addictive, huh?
I'm glad Jeph's finally going here, he's been feeling around the edges of human-AI interactions with oblique references (Pintsize wanting to make out Tai(?), was it? Momo's friendly relationship with Samantha, Hanners and her drunken romp with whichever anthroPC) and deliberate exposition.

It's such a fertile place of interesting things for him to examine and to comment on--looking forward to the conclusions Jeph will come to and the resulting new questions we'll be asking.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

I wonder if he'll Download himself into Boyfriend Bot.

On the other hand, if it all goes pear shaped, that might be a bad idea .........

Oh dear

Space Lazer.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Hannelore was revolted by boyfriendbot. On the other hand, there must be a more advanced model by now.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

She grabbed the bot's butt, though, once it was vacant again. She might've been squicked at the thought of Winslow living inside boyfriendbot, especially after Winslow!boyfriendbot offered a hug.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2012, 07:22 by DSL »
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

jaredstar

• Not quite a lurker

has station always looked like marten (with better hair)  are am i just seeing things this time around

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page

[...]

Space Lazer.

Actually, it's "laser".  The reason why it uses an "s" rather than a "z" is because it's an acronym.  It stands for Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.
Francisco

alienatedduck

• Emoticontraindication
    • The Dog And Louse

The creepiest thing in this entire universe is robots with feelings.

BUT CAN THEY EVER TRULY LEARN TO LOVE?

Binary

• Curry sauce

Those of you creeped out by the thought that Station has been waiting for Hannelore to grow up? You REALLY don't want to read Robert Heinlein's "The Door Into Summer"!   :evil:

Edited for those with no time to plough through the whole Wikipedia article:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2012, 06:09 by Binary »
"We are the weirdos, Mister!" -Fairuza Balk, The Craft

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish

Hann will disappear from comic for a while.   She will stay in station.

FYP.

Am I the only one who finds this a little creepy? I mean Station knew her growing up, like, from when she was a little girl. I don't imagine Hannerdad would be very happy about this development; I wouldn't, if I was her parent.

That's something that creeped me out a little about Jane Austen's Emma. Knightley has known her since her childhood (he's like 17 years older), and seems to have been waiting for her to mature a little. As I recall (it's been years since I read it), her father approved of the match.

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

Prospects for Austen's heroines weren't very good in England of that era. I suppose that might apply to Hanners as well, given her current limitations.

Dr. ROFLPWN

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Farmin' all these goddamn mushrooms.

Yeah naw, Station, naw, this is hella creepy of you :( I am firmly in the Creepy Olympics camp, judging the A.I.

While human-AI relationships might be taken for granted in the QCverse, on the readership, mind=blown.
This blows your mind? Really? Most people are being squikked I would think by the former babysitter aspect, not the human-AI "interfacing" aspect.

Basically this. I think sapients of different species having relationships, in any kind of sci-fi, is pretty great, because it's love crossing barriers and blah blah blah unity warm fuzzy feelings, doubly so when robots + humans because awwww they do have souls along with all that. So that can be cute.

What's not cute is that Station was, as people have said, her babysitter and, worse, her therapist/counselor type AI thing. And now he wants to do the organic grossitude tango with her. Ew. Ew no.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2012, 10:19 by Dr. ROFLPWN »
Fuckin' pain in the ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Yes. Complete agreement that therapists should not get involved with patients. That's what bothered me most.

There's a thread about that, in fact. http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php?topic=27240.0
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Welp, I kinda figured Station would make a move. Didn't know if it was going to be Potter or Hanners, now I've got my answer.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?
What indication gave you even a hint that this was coming, 'cause to me this was about as unexpected as an immaculate conception.

Well, I guess I sensed that Station had a thing for Hanners when she made him apologize to Potter, plus he "was the only one who could get through to her" when she had her profound OCD problems.

As for Potter, before Jeph showed us her full character, I was half-expecting her to fall for Station, instead they just went on a drunken rampage.

On top of all this, Jeph is obviously interested in AI-human interaction/rights/etc so... yeah, I figured.
Huh, weird. I'm actually genuinely surprised there are people who didn't see this coming… Station has been transparently into Hanners basically from the moment he first spoke as far as I'm concerned. Even the way he used his hologram to separate Hanners from the other two as he was giving the tour screams "back off, she's mine!" to me, even if it is a human reaction Station would have to have learned from watching the researchers etc. But yeah, the way he reacted to being told to apologise to Lt. Potter just sealed the deal.
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

StevenC

• Furry furrier

Yes. Complete agreement that therapists should not get involved with patients. That's what bothered me most.

There's a thread about that, in fact. http://forums.questionablecontent.net/index.php?topic=27240.0

Former. As in what, 10+ years ago?

Carl-E

• Awakened

The first post in that thread is a little over a year old, the last one was in December.  It was instigated my the "Momo's new chassis" arc. 

Take a look at it before judging...

WAYF

• Beyoncé

I think perhaps he was referring to the therapist/patient relationship being a former relationship from 10+ years ago, not the thread being 10 years old. :D

Carl-E

• Awakened

Oh. 

Yeah. 

Damn. 

In other news...

I'm wondering a bit.  Someone mentioned earlier that Station may just be wanting to catch up with Hanners, his response to the "date" question was "In a manner of speaking, yes". 

So it's kind  of a date.  Sort  of a date.  But not really  a date. 

Especially since the other party is leaving in a flurry of misunderstanding...

I guess we'll find out on Monday... or not.  Prolly just get yelled at again. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up