THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 May 2024, 23:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 568252 times)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

I think there are more than most people realize.  I've met several in the last few years. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

sounds like COMMUNISM

so the band that was supposed to open our show last night decided to let their drummer drive, and he has no license. they got pulled over by Oakland PD after having crossed the Bay Bridge from SF, and drummerboy got arrested and they almost got their van impounded. We were depending on them to bring the bass amp and the PA. They are extremely lucky that we were playing in our hometown because if we hadn't been, we would have had to cancel the show because we didn't have any fucking gear. Fortunately, our friends came to the rescue.

and today I am a grumpy old man and fuck you
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

I just got my first anon message on Tumblr, I feel like I've crossed into a full fledged user.  (It was even nice!)
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Tumblr seems to send me a lot of questions about my secks life. They also seem to be curious about whether I have a "love" for horses that is illegal in most states. I have no idea what's up with that.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I have received one tumblr message and that was Masterpiece being derpy.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Papersatan

based on information in the message, I don't know who it is. I am don't think it is someone that follows me, it is at leas not one of my followers I know beyond tumblr. 

Zingoleb

Tumblr seems to send me a lot of questions about my secks life. They also seem to be curious about whether I have a "love" for horses that is illegal in most states. I have no idea what's up with that.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Sure trolls are always a possibility but some of these asks are rather creepily passionate... about the horses in particular.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Zingoleb

something tells me you don't know much about equius zahhak here

Zingoleb

for one thing, his name is equius

Zingoleb

(pesterchum handle: centaurstesticle)

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl

I'll never understand Homestuck.

I've started a few times, but got bored as soon as the first few chatlogs came up.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Zingoleb

first act is slow as fvck, it doesn't start getting r. interesting until the trolls come in and when you explore the land of wind and shade in my opinion

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I have decided to start working out using my own body weight and isometrics. I've gained about 10lbs since I started working at the pizza place (free food, yeee) and I figured that if I'm gonna put on weight despite my intense daily cardio, it should probably be healthy weight. So far I can do sets of 30 regular pushups, 10 diamond pushups, 20 wide-stance pushups, 30 tricep dips, and I haven't found out how many pullups because it's harder to get to a pullup bar (none of the doorways in my house feel trustworthy enough to support my weight). This combined with my daily 5.5 miles of bicycle cardio should be a nice comprehensive routine to get me looking like a person, and not a stick figure.

yo Uni I'm not sure how to break it to you but I'm never gonna get involved with Homestuck ever just because you've already burnt me out on it. ruv rooooo

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Add crunches, burpies and steam engines!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

I'll never understand Homestuck.
^^^^
This.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Zingoleb

yo Uni I'm not sure how to break it to you but I'm never gonna get involved with Homestuck ever just because you've already burnt me out on it. ruv rooooo

it's okay, you are not someone i would ever expect to get into it anyway

i also kind of hate myself for it but i've never been obsessive over any kind of media to this extent so it's kind of fun (but also terribly embarrassing at times because it's probably pathetic)

Oh Well.

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface

I have decided to start working out using my own body weight and isometrics. I've gained about 10lbs since I started working at the pizza place (free food, yeee) and I figured that if I'm gonna put on weight despite my intense daily cardio, it should probably be healthy weight. So far I can do sets of 30 regular pushups, 10 diamond pushups, 20 wide-stance pushups, 30 tricep dips, and I haven't found out how many pullups because it's harder to get to a pullup bar (none of the doorways in my house feel trustworthy enough to support my weight). This combined with my daily 5.5 miles of bicycle cardio should be a nice comprehensive routine to get me looking like a person, and not a stick figure.

I have been doing a few hundred situps and about a hundred pushups a day since I got to Arizona last month.  I am probably in some of the best shape of my life.  I walk a mile to and from work every day which is a bit less than I would walk going to University, but I am getting a fancy new roadbike this week to take me around the city.  My bloodsugars have been great (hello type 1 diabetes) and I feel great.  I have always been too skinny, and I don't have a scale now but I am sure with the definition I am getting is coming weight.

I saw Pacific Rim today with a girl I met on OKC.  This is the second time we met up and are just friends, but it is nice to go out and do something with other people.  The film was entertaining, but we tore it to shreds in terms of plot holes after we got out.  Good times.

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within

i also kind of hate myself for it but i've never been obsessive over any kind of media to this extent so it's kind of fun (but also terribly embarrassing at times because it's probably pathetic)

There is nothing wrong about being a passionate fan o.O

Unless this is being a fan of putting dissected frogs down people's shirts or something.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Zingoleb

probably not. i like to keep my universes intact.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Dear Penthouse Forums, I never thought that this would happen to me but... I was in the middle of the usually Chicago O'Hare clusterfuck, our flight had left out late, then gotten delayed further still and I was going to most likely miss my connection flight home. I muttered about it under my breath turns out the woman sitting in front of me over heard me (a slender brunette with striking eyes) and was going to the same place I was, we started talking while waiting for the plane to finish taxing and hit it off immediately. While we missed our connection and were stuck sleeping in the airport till morning curling up and making out like teenagers till we passed out certainly made this particular delayed flight one hell of a memory.

Loki

• comeback tour!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

So after arriving back in town from the RX Bandits show I saw a while back, I met this absolutely gorgeous girl. Turned out to be a real peach, just about as sweet as can be. So we've been talking a little bit. She lives in Washington, which is kinda a drag; I don't meet cute girls and hit it off on a personal level like that very often, if ever. But I convinced her to come to SF tomorrow to see my band play. We're gonna give her a ride there and back, and I have Matt to wingman for me. If I can't have her, at least I'm gonna make an impression.

God I'm a fucking sucker.

Loki

• comeback tour!

why is everyone meeting girls all of a sudden and I am not.

oh, right. because I spent the day at home doing fucking nothing

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

why is everyone meeting girls all of a sudden and I am not.

oh, right. because I spent the day at home doing fucking nothing

this. both.
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr

I blocked Homestuck on Tumblr Savior and it's been a great decision. I tried but didn't get into reading it, but I still spent way too long studying the posts about it and trying to understand what's going on but I don't.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I never understood the appeal of Vine.

The appeal of Ahoj Brause though… But why dissolve it? Just pour it on your tongue! (Also: out of orange flavour, so you took pink? Green is the one and only!)

Just don't try to snort it. We did this in elementary school. Not pleasant.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Well green and yellow were out too.

It's fun to be silly, and the 6 second limit is a fun thing to fight against. Three packs of Ahoj Brause were killed because I didn't get enough time. And I'm a social web whore, I share too much anyway.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Stayed up to watch a WRASSLIN' pay-per-view because it was free. Great fun. Bet imaginary money with partner over wins. Good thing it wasn't real money.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I am moving to Syracuse in the fall with my girlfriend. I am slightly freaking out, I guess because I've lived in this small town for 25 years and all of my friends and most of my family are here, whereas a big chunk of her family lives out there.

On the plus side, I get to make up for the lack of friends out there by getting free hockey tickets from her cousin that works for the AHL team. So there's that to occupy about half the year. And I would assume Syracuse's punk scene is a bajillion times more rad than the one here.

I figured that if I'm gonna put on weight despite my intense daily cardio, it should probably be healthy weight.

BITCH DO WHAT WE'VE BEEN TELLING YOU TO DO ON HERE FOR SIX YEARS AND EAT MORE SAMMICHES.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

And you'll only be a 3 hour drive from hanging out with me! We should save up some cash money and get tickets to a Sabres/Bruins game
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Sabres/Bruins, Sabres/Pens, Sabres/Oilers, or Sabres/Blues, sounds good either way, brah.
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2013, 11:08 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

I was one of the few people to get a raise. an extra $800/year.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Papersatan

Oh man, weird times ahead.

So one of the professional organizations I 'belong' to offers various research papers and case studies for free download (without a paid membership) on the condition that you allow them to forward your information to various sponsors. I downloaded a bunch of papers last month, and today I got a phone call and an email from a company looking to sell me their enterprise content management software.  I mean, I don't know what type of info they get besides my email and number, but I clearly list that I am a student...

On the other hand.  Totally going to use this as a way to make contact with potential employers... I don't actually want to work as a records manager, I want to work for companies who make records management software.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

It seems that I'm regaining some of my hearing, but it's nowhere near enough to be of any use. My frequency range is between 30 and 350 Hz now, with a strange, isolated peak at about 850 Hz, but aside from that, nothing. For comparison, my good ear can still hear up to 16000 Hz. Another hearing test is scheduled in September.

On the plus side, the vertigo is almost entirely gone. But that could also mean that the physiological conditions in my inner ear have gone back to normal and that this is as good as my hearing's gonna get. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I would suggest as much patience as you can muster rather than jumping to conclusions. 
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Patience is pretty much standard operating procedure when it comes to this type of hearing loss. Anyway, I doubt me jumping to conclusions makes much of a difference, given that I wasn't expecting any of my hearing to come back anyway.

Oh, and the vertigo's back since this morning. Must have jinxed it, damn it.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

wow I am feeling great.  I have pretty much gone through an attitude readjustment this past weekend and I feel awesome. Its starting to show too. like other people are feeling this energy (even strangers! had this one woman talk my ear off and I had to shut her down 'cause I had to go).  I feel like me again, only better.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Can I have some of what you've been taking

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

yes, re-frame yourself.  :-D done

if you're serious send me a PM lol.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Fuuuuuuck.

So I got the apartment, I am waiting for a call from the power company to finish out my account, the movers are coming on Friday to get the bulk of my stuff... pretty much everything is packed and ready to go.

Oh god can I stop panicking now? SHIT! Need to order mattress and other goods X.X

Redball

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • What's disease? Where?

Stop panicking and sleep on the floor, Marine!

Unless you've got a lady friend coming over.

Then it's time to panic.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

Unless you've got a lady friend coming over.

Then it's time to panic.
nah, girls like it when you're spontaneous.  I always make the bed off limits anyways.  the real trick GM, go to the bar and end up at someone else's place. :3

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

red head from the class I taught approached me in the metro and we chatted for 40 minutes.  Teased her a bunch.  Got her number.  Have a feeling she's in her 30s.   O0

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

Girlfriend's brother's girlfriend (sorry) was in a car accident. Nearly managed to kill herself and their two year old.

Yay, for expensive car seats.

(Kid has a broken clavicle and some bruises. Fine, further.)
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Jesus. My buddy and his wife and 2 young kids (one's 3 and the other was born in October) were in a pretty gnarly accident a while back. That shit is terrifying, I am glad they're okay, all considered.

This summer cold I've managed to contract is seriously kicking my ass. I hate it. I seriously JUST started that fucking workout routine and now it's getting hard to even get out of bed, let alone do my bike commute. I'm tempted to call off tomorrow just because I know I've got to go work my job at the bar tomorrow night, and that takes up a lot of energy (lots of lifting, plus playing a basically 8.5 hour show) and pays me a large lump sum immediately (plus the fact that they owe me for last week). And if I don't have energy to put in, I'm not gonna get good energy out of the other participants, and that's just gonna hurt the bar's atmosphere and therefore hurt the sales.

I am probably gonna call in sick.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Okay. So I think I'm almost done. I need another roll of packing tape, to look up gun laws regarding intrastate transport for all the states between here and Delaware. (I think I'm gonna have to route around Illinois), to pick up the Japanese style room screen my buddy is giving me, then move it and everything else upstairs for the movers on Friday. I have ordered my shikibuton (so excited~ it's queen size and lovely! It might confuse lady friends if I bring them over but such is life.), my new super high power work lamp (for painting and stuff), my new wifi/router combo (eat it Comcast!) the floor lamp for the "bedroom part" of the bedroom (I'm using aforementioned room screen to partition off my bedroom so there's a distinct "bedroom" and then a small office area.) and my friend Deb just surprised me with an electric tea kettle.

Oh! and I need to get a couple boxes to cover up my gun locker. The moving company charges extra for moving safes, but my locker is light enough that they'll give me the "it's a big box" wink nudge, if I cover it in cardboard. I also need to pick out about two week's worth of clothes and pack the rest.

I also need to call back the electrical company and finish that off, then set up my account with comcast.

Feth. I think this is actually happening!

In other news Pacific Rim was fucking awesome. Go see it. Now.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 98   Go Up