THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 May 2024, 21:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98   Go Down

Author Topic: Blog Thread 4; Live Free or Blog Hard - 'cos we all like blogging  (Read 568228 times)

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

Welu, I can definitely give advice on shooting live music!

Thanks a lot for the help! Fortunately I've got access to quite a bit of equipment that I can rent from the college. A thread would be good because until I find out more I won't know what to ask in a PM and I feel that would be frustrating to answer.

~~

My Mammy was telling me my great aunt almost got burgled. She lives in a bungalow in a very isolated area, her next neighbour is like five miles away and it's a ten minute drive to the nearest town.
She had just left her bedroom and a man broke her bedroom window. She went back in to see and he was on the outside the window and grabbed her by the neck. She poked him in the eyes and hit the panic button in her room. Police took twenty-five minutes to get there and the guy was long gone by then. Scary as hell but well done to great aunt for having the presence of mind to get herself free.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I've been thinking of getting a tattoo for ages. I think I wanna get one. So fuck it, I'm gonna go for it.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

So my flatmate is throwing a Russian themed party tomorrow and wants everyone to dress up as something Russian. In the thread on fb everyone are discussing what to wear and it seems people are thinking of sort of standard Russian culture, so my other flatmate and I have decided to not tell anyone what we're doing and then turn up as Pussy Riot. I have tons of bright clothes so it's not like I even need make an effort, should be pretty fun.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

My first thought was to dress as a balalaika. 

:? :roll: :laugh: :psyduck:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Carl, I think you and I are the only ones who would then start singing, "Come on keep your comrade warm..."
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

This morning in Sydney, the city air was thick with smoke from the bushfires burning out West:-(
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Ms. Balalaika of Hotel Moscow:

I dunno Carl, I bet you could rock the heels and skirt with some practice.

Sorry to hear about the fires Akima... I know first hand that's never fun.

<mod>changed blocked hotlink to url.
Hmm - didn't help in this case.</mod>

Edit: Let's try this one!

Still won't hotlink; but I've rehosted it for you
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2013, 07:52 by pwhodges »
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Carl-E

• Awakened

Ms. Balalaika of Hotel Moscow:

I dunno Carl, I bet you could rock the heels and skirt with some practice.

I was thinking more of one of these;

If you're skinny enough and can get a really wide flaring skirt, it could work...   :laugh: :laugh: :angel:
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2013, 07:53 by pwhodges »

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I runned and I runned and I runned and I stopped running after 2 hours and 35 minutes and 32 seconds and now my legs hurt.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Carl-E

• Awakened

I stopped running after 2 hours and 35 minutes and 32 seconds and now my legs hurt.

I'm assuming that's a finish, not just a stopped running time. 

So YAY MAY!!

The legs wiill recover.  Until the next time you do something to them. 

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Yes, that was my finish time :) I ran every step, and I beat my (what I thought was overly optimistic) goal time by 10 minutes! I was really pleased.

Unfortunately I really enjoyed it, so my legs might have to do the whole thing again in a few months.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

I runned and I runned and I runned and I stopped running after 2 hours and 35 minutes and 32 seconds and now my legs hurt.
I think all the running may have deprived your brain of oxygen to the point that it can't do grammar any more.  :lol:
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

Metope

so my other flatmate and I have decided to not tell anyone what we're doing and then turn up as Pussy Riot

PARTY TIME

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Is it weird that I can still recognise you in that?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Metope

Oh no, my cover is blown!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

so my other flatmate and I have decided to not tell anyone what we're doing and then turn up as Pussy Riot

PARTY TIME

...I love this so hard

Metope

Haha thanks! I'll wear it with a yellow top under a red dress and purple tights, my flatmate has a pink hat, green dress and blue tights. I think we've covered most of the bright colours.

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male

PARTY TIME

FUUCK!
dont DO that!
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

Haha thanks! I'll wear it with a yellow top under a red dress and purple tights, my flatmate has a pink hat, green dress and blue tights. I think we've covered most of the bright colours.
Suddenly I'm reminded of the movie Spring Breakers.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I would rather not be reminded of Harmony Korine at all.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

PARTY TIME

FUUCK!
dont DO that!

Do that more.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Yay! Go Team Legs!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I actually went for another run last night. Only about a 20 minute one though.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I lost my job on Tuesday.

On the plus side... I am writing a book.

I am sorry for one of these things, and pleased to hear of the other. When do I get to find out more?
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

The department at University where I work is being evaluated by an external firm, and I have to present my workplace to said evaluators.

I am scared as hell. Depending on my performance, my departments budget might be adjusted.

PANICKING

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

Saw coheed and cambria last night and got a 2 hour nap before having to come in for a 10 hour shift. My throat hurts, and for a job that requires me to talk a lot that aint good.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

tragic_pizza

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Board Certified Curmudgeon

I am sorry for one of these things, and pleased to hear of the other. When do I get to find out more?
Well,  about a third to a half done with the first draft... it is probably gonna be crap, but I am soldiering through.

Also, I seem to have a part-time job lined up in a local grocery store's deli department.

Because food.
[21:19] andy: Mai, I am sorry, I am going to say this outright that I would doeverything in my power to try and have sweet girl love with you.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

We're having a guest lecture in the lesson that I have to film, and apparently my professor finds it so boring that he's fighting sleep. I can totally emphasize. I do that fight with my eyelids on a regular basis. I'm a bit sorry for the lecturer, he must feel a bit stupid seeing the Prof in front of him fight to keep his eyes open.

and I'm trying so hard not to laugh out loud right now.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Saw Hamlet last night :)

Rory Kinnear was amazing, as was the production as a whole.  Taking a cue from the consideration that Elizabethan society was essentially a police state, the setting was generically East European in style, with informers slinking around, electronic bugs and headphones, and King Claudius clearly modelled after (and looking much like) Putin.  On top of this, the production, and Kinnear's performance in particular, brought out humour that you would never have thought was there.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese

I can totally emphasize.

Empathize.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Empathize

GarandMarine

• Awakened

On this day, 23 October, 1983, 25 years ago on a cold morning in a land far from home, 220 Marines of 1st Battalion, 8th Marines (1/8) and 18 attached sailors, and 3 soldiers, and 58 Paratroopers of the French 1st Paratrooper Chasseur Regiment were killed in twin suicide bombings in Beiruit, Lebanon, firing the opening shots of the long war on terrorism.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

(Empathise :-P)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Crazy British people!
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

Every time I see 'meter' spelled as 'metre', I mentally pronounce it 'metruh.'  :roll:
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Yeah I do that with anything that ends in "re". But I pronounce a lot of things strangely in my head.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Not all "-re" endings go to "-er" in America; consider "filthy lucre" (because the "-c-" would become soft).

Grognard

• Only pretending to work
  • Token Straight White Conservative Male

On this day, 23 October, 1983, 25 years ago on a cold morning in a land far from home, 220 Marines of 1st Battalion, 8th Marines (1/8) and 18 attached sailors, and 3 soldiers, and 58 Paratroopers of the French 1st Paratrooper Chasseur Regiment were killed in twin suicide bombings in Beiruit, Lebanon, firing the opening shots of the long war on terrorism.

excuse me sir.
It was 30 years ago.
my brother was there and survived.
his best friend did not.
Old enough to know better: Still too young to care.  PONG was my 'gateway' game.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

You're absolutely correct. How the hell did I do that?

I am also ashamed to admit I forgot the names of the two Marines guarding the gate that morning. They're taught as examples of courage in boot because in the face of certain death, with the ability to retreat and run, they stood their ground, engaged the enemy, and died, face forward, weapons firing, boots on and on the bounce. A Marine can't ask for much more then that in life.

Metope

My phone shows me a random selection of upcoming birthdays that it picks from Facebook, and right now it's showing the birthday of someone I deleted both on Facebook and from my contacts about two years ago. What on earth?

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

So I find myself yet again in the strange position of writing a letter to my BDSM/kink community leaders, who have invited my input on a case of misconduct and abuse, the second such we have dealt with this year and the second time I have been consulted for such in this sphere.

As an aside, I still find it strange, the amount of consultation, arbitrage, counseling, and other pastoral work I've been called on or asked to do. It is a small amount, make no mistake, but every time a part of me is going "Uh...I spent much of yesterday sitting around in my underwear playing games and reading, you *surely* want someone more responsible for this." I suppose it gets less odd with time.

Anyway...while I won't go into the particulars here, I do also find myself in a rather strange position of asking not for mercy, but for cruelty: a more stringent punishment for the perpetrator than what I seem to perceive people asking for. Maybe I'm just being contrary; the last case I asked the judges for mercy, partially since it seemed so many people were picking up torches and pitchforks. Now that there is a call to be gentle, I ask for temporary banishment; then again, the man on charges this time is an event leader, and I am fairly certain (as per World Domination/God-Empress conversations) that responsibility and privilege tends to harden my heart.

At any rate, whatever we do so far what *has* been done has been much better handled than I feared it would be, and the victims' needs are more important than any opinion I'm going to have. I will argue that the (figurative) State has a vested interest, though.

The department at University where I work is being evaluated by an external firm, and I have to present my workplace to said evaluators.

I am scared as hell. Depending on my performance, my departments budget might be adjusted.

PANICKING

You will do well. You will be fine. Even if they do decide on an adjustment, you will be okay.
 This does not ride on your shoulders alone. You will give it an honest effort, and that is much of what anyone could possibly ask of you.I know that those are just words on a screen, from a person that is far away, but I hope that you may find some use for them in calming the Panic.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor

Opinion stated. There is some pushback, but it is smart that my voice is not the only one, that it is not accepted without question or objection.

I think they're mistaken, but then again I suspect they think I am. Still, I am assured that the survivors (it has been pointed out to me that that is probably a better word than victim) are indeed having the most direct say. Good.

Lines

• Awakened

Two of my best friends are moving to North Carolina in a couple of weeks. I am super sad. Didn't feel this way when my bestie moved to Illinois, but I knew that she would eventually come back. I don't think I'll ever live in the same state as these two ever again. T-T

Being an adult and relocating for jobs sucks.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Zingoleb

i've moved into town proper, living in a trailer w/my slave and their girlfriend. uh, accidentally became a pagan, also exorcised a ghost from my room.

life's been weird.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor

I would offer you both one electronic hug, redeemable at just about any time Naes are available.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

How does one accidentally become a pagan?
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me

You get high and fuck someone, and realise afterwards that the drugs and sex was both a part of an initiation ritual. Happens all the time.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Happens all the time really, it's how I briefly became Wiccan. That coven or whatever was... odd, to say the least.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor

Also you can't forget the shenanigans that tend to crop up when you remember that there's always a chance the god/spirit/whatever you're interacting with/for is just Loki in disguise.  :evil:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 98   Go Up