Fun Stuff > BAND

What the fuck did he just say?

<< < (19/19)

cybersmurf:

--- Quote from: Case on 24 Apr 2019, 08:22 ---
--- Quote from: cybersmurf on 23 Apr 2019, 09:51 ---Rammstein is well known internationally, but EAV? I mean, they're Austrian, and Die Geschichte may not be representative for their general work. They're usually more on the comedic side, and if you're having trouble understanding them: it's OK. Austrian german has a slightly different speech melody, and sometimes that throws off even germans.

--- End quote ---

Huh? I didn't know EAV were Austrian and never had any trouble understanding them.

P.S.: Now that you mention it: Yeah, the dialect is obvious. Still didn't register with me as Austrian for some reason.

--- Quote from: cybersmurf on 23 Apr 2019, 13:21 ---Swiss German is heavy. I mean really heavy. Even if they speak their "moderate" variant, they are hard to understand. And if they fall into the real swiss german, I am truly lost. "Curse of the Mountain People".

--- End quote ---

Ohf**k yes: TV-anchor Swiss-German is 'barely comprehensible', but when they go full-on 'Chuchichäschtli' (Bread-box/cupboard), I'm lost.

There are sounds in Swiss-German that are closer to Dutch than anything spoken anywhere else in Germany or Austria.

--- End quote ---

Admittedly, EAV is on the soft side, concerning dialect.
"Chuchichäschtli" literally translates as kitchen cupboard, but it's such a typically swiss word. The further West you go in Austria, the more mountainy and unintelligeable the dialects become. Vorarlberg is basically more Swiss than anything else.

Did some Austrian ever try to make you say "Oachkatzlschwoaf"? It's the (self-elected) cliché Austrian word noone's actually using.

JoeCovenant:

--- Quote from: BeoPuppy on 21 Apr 2013, 09:04 ---... I love Mylene Farmer. I have no idea why, she's far out of my usual sphere of musical delights.

And it being french, I understand quite a bit of her lyrics. And they're often quite interesting.

--- End quote ---

OMG I'm not alone!

Was hooked with the "Je t'aime melancholy" video on MTV (back when it played music) and then the Live at Bercy DVD cemented it.
I'd no idea she was a gay icon until I saw that video... My wife still looks at me funny when I watch it on occasion! :)

(That said... I can't stand most of the "dance remixes" of some of her stuff.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version