THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 09 May 2024, 00:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Umm, what??? That's pointless...  (Read 768890 times)

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
Re: Umm, what??? That's pointless...
« Reply #3200 on: 28 Jan 2014, 06:13 »

My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #3201 on: 28 Jan 2014, 06:16 »

I feel like this needs to be a story or graphic novel. That would be so cool. Hmmm... new writing project? ....well, who wanted coffee any way?

I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #3202 on: 28 Jan 2014, 06:43 »

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 06:51 by BeoPuppy »
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

kyomi

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
« Reply #3203 on: 28 Jan 2014, 06:54 »

http://brokelyn.com/how-to-make-your-own-damn-ramen-burger/

With gems like "...it’s the time to assemble your culinary Voltron." :)

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 07:02 by kyomi »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #3204 on: 28 Jan 2014, 09:24 »

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

GarandMarine

• Awakened
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3206 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:14 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3207 on: 28 Jan 2014, 10:28 »

There was a ton of those knight memes on imgur yesterday but I can only find those two.  :-(

check it out, the 3 crosses.  The Black (Teutonic), Red (Templar) and White (Hospitalar).

Take your son to work day

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 12:48 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #3208 on: 28 Jan 2014, 12:54 »

Prompted by a post elsewhere...

Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #3209 on: 28 Jan 2014, 13:15 »

what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3210 on: 28 Jan 2014, 13:59 »

http://brokelyn.com/how-to-make-your-own-damn-ramen-burger/
I notice sriracha is optional, but ketchup isn't? They have that backwards, yuck.

Edit: Apparently the real place puts a sauce on it that contains ketchup. NEVER GETTING ONE.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3211 on: 28 Jan 2014, 17:42 »

Ugh. WHY
because hollyweird strikes again.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3212 on: 28 Jan 2014, 18:01 »

The Sesame Street thing made me remember this:

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3213 on: 28 Jan 2014, 18:09 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3214 on: 28 Jan 2014, 18:14 »

moving on:

« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2014, 18:25 by LeeC »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3215 on: 28 Jan 2014, 19:36 »

Not that image again. Fuck I hate this image. (the sad Poke'mon image)

A. If you were raising your Eevee as an Umbreon and didn't get it... you kinda suck at this whole Poke'mon thing. The paths for the various Eeveelutions are pretty clearly laid out, and I can't imagine it's any different for the cute lil'pink bow critter in that picture. (Seriously. What is it? I mean I'm guessing it's an Eeveelution, but I haven't played since freaking Gold guys holy crap).
B. Accepting a world where Poke'mon are real, being a sentient domestic life form that commonly engages in very strong lifelong bonds with human beings, pulling shit like the above would make you one of the lowest known forms of human life. Same deal goes for domestic pets here in the real world, it's just a personal feeling, but I'd be okay if people like that could be hunted for sport. I'd probably apply for tags. Except for Michael Vick. Shooting's too good for him
C. As a regular Poke'mon player, and a manly man, there's really only one solution here, I am going to find out what generation that pink bow critter belongs too, what game I can get it in, then get that game SPECFICIALLY so I can evolve one, train it, and proceed to stomp the shit out of haters with it's help.*
D. Seriously. Who could yell at that? It's so FUCKING CUTE. Thor's beard the pink bow critter** is adorable. It's like a living plush toy that just wants to love you. And crush your enemies. Which is pretty metal. Snuggles and enemy crushing. I am DOWN.

It demands belly rubs

*Assuming said game is available for the DS, I am not opening to upgrading to a 3DS at this time.
**I am reliably informed the pink bow critter is a Slyveon. Or something like that.

Holy crap why can't Poke'mon be the real world T_T no matter how many worlds and fandoms I explore, that one seems like the best you can find. In general people are pretty not suck. You're encouraged to drop out of school and go on adventures (or stay in school and adventure on the weekends, I'm sure that's an option) and you have the option of meeting, befriending and otherwise interacting with 700+ sentient and highly intelligent unique life forms, all of which you can easily take with you on adventures and experiences in strange new places.

What ISN'T awesome about that? Sure you can do similar stuff by getting in to dog sledding at an early age, but do your Siberian Huskies breath fire? I think not.

This rant brought to you by the little boy who wrote "a Vulpix" on his Christmas list something like six years in a row before finally giving up. (A dog would have been fine! but no dice on that either.)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3216 on: 28 Jan 2014, 19:41 »

this boy got it! I don't know what "it" is but he got it!

I friggen love these knight memes!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3217 on: 28 Jan 2014, 20:15 »

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #3218 on: 28 Jan 2014, 20:34 »

Mitch Hedburg > EVERYONE except maybe Bill Hicks.

Why are they both dead? :'(

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Schmee

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #3220 on: 29 Jan 2014, 03:27 »

Pikathulhu Pik'tagn!
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder 
make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better 
do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster 
raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3221 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:12 »

What ISN'T awesome about that? Sure you can do similar stuff by getting in to dog sledding at an early age, but do your Siberian Huskies breath fire? I think not.
I dunno, the fact that you're enslaving said sentient creatures against their will by some sort of spherical brainwashing cage and forcing them to inflict horrible violence on each other for entertainment and personal financial gain might count. You can do similar stuff by getting into cockfighting but unsurprisingly, that's illegal.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3222 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:22 »

You don't have to battle you know. Well you do in the game, but besides the point.

Also thinking about it, really not that different from picking up a dog at the pet store, it might actually be more honest as you have to tame it yourself as opposed to benefiting from centuries of careful genetic selection and brain washing.

Valdís

• Duck attack survivor
  • Huggable Huldra
« Reply #3223 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:38 »

B. Accepting a world where Poke'mon are real, being a sentient domestic life form that commonly engages in very strong lifelong bonds with human beings, pulling shit like the above would make you one of the lowest known forms of human life.

Well, considering the point is that it's directly referencing how a lot of people react to their own children..

A. If you were raising your Eevee as an Umbreon and didn't get it... you kinda suck at this whole Poke'mon thing. The paths for the various Eeveelutions are pretty clearly laid out, and I can't imagine it's any different for the cute lil'pink bow critter in that picture.

It wouldn't be clearly laid out in reality. You don't have a "Press parenting button A for..". If anything it would be following that "Raising" but still ending up with a Sylveon.
Now the sayings of the High One are uttered in the hall
for the weal of men, for the woe of Jötuns,
Hail, thou who hast spoken! Hail, thou that knowest!
Hail, ye that have hearkened! Use, thou who hast learned!

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3224 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:44 »

You don't have to battle you know. Well you do in the game, but besides the point.

Also thinking about it, really not that different from picking up a dog at the pet store, it might actually be more honest as you have to tame it yourself as opposed to benefiting from centuries of careful genetic selection and brain washing.
I thought the pokéball did the taming for you. Your job is to have one of your already-tamed creatures beat the shit out of it so it doesn't put up too much of a fight when it's time for the techno-brainwashing.

It might be interesting to see a game wherein all the world's wild pokémon are extinct due to overcatching and your only option is to buy factory-farmed pokémon from the supermarket. God knows they have no idea how to do conservation efforts, since the only natural reserves in existence have the sole purpose of letting you catch more pokémon.
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3225 on: 29 Jan 2014, 04:57 »

See I doubt that would be a problem LTK, mostly on the grounds of the lack of serious encroachment, human cities are islands of humanity in the seas of Poke'mon controlled territory, and there's usually a pretty significant amount of space between them.

Also the anime makes it pretty clear that the taming is up to you. You can catch a squirrel but you can't show it you're safe and friendly without time and effort. Ash nearly getting killed by well... almost all of his poke'mon till he befriended them is indicative of that process. Ditto the Poke'amie mini game and the "happiness" ratings introduced in... GVI for the former and GIV for the latter I believe. With both having effects on stats, game play and progression.

B. Accepting a world where Poke'mon are real, being a sentient domestic life form that commonly engages in very strong lifelong bonds with human beings, pulling shit like the above would make you one of the lowest known forms of human life.

Well, considering the point is that it's directly referencing how a lot of people react to their own children..

Right, and I'm saying it should be okay to hunt those people for sport.

kyomi

« Reply #3226 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:18 »

I agree completely.. I want this... now.  Having deep purple eyes would be awesome. I can't even get color contacts because I don't have the right eye color to change :(

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #3227 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:40 »

@GarandMarine: Everyone wants to hunt people for sport, as long as they're the one holding the rifle. COLLARY: I would not want to hunt you, or any Marine, for sport; I'd end up shanked by a knife you had made from an elk antler or something.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #3228 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:45 »

(That mutation thing isn't real btw. A quick google search shows it was created through Daria fan fiction.)
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3229 on: 29 Jan 2014, 05:48 »

@GarandMarine: Everyone wants to hunt people for sport, as long as they're the one holding the rifle. COLLARY: I would not want to hunt you, or any Marine, for sport; I'd end up shanked by a knife you had made from an elk antler or something.

Who said anything about rifles? We would hunt them with dogs, knives and horses, the way men once did.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #3230 on: 29 Jan 2014, 06:11 »

However, there are a couple ways to get purple eyes.

There's one recorded case of heterochromia iridum that resulted in a ring of purple in brown eyes, and then there's Elizabeth Taylor's violet-tinted blue eyes.

kyomi

« Reply #3231 on: 29 Jan 2014, 06:46 »

I assumed it wasn't real because of how awesome it was.. still doesn't change the fact I want it :)

In other news, it snowed here last night.. about 3 inches. I've been here about 20 years and this is the second time I've seen it snow.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #3232 on: 29 Jan 2014, 06:55 »

My collary stands even stronger if I can't have a gun!

I would be all for there being a market on jackass pelts.

"Okay, sports fans, we've got a real treat for you today. The current target raises Rottweilers to fight for engine parts, still feels that women are property, was caught flipping off a Tomb Guard, and owns every single album Nickelback has made. This should be a great hunt today!"

kyomi

« Reply #3233 on: 29 Jan 2014, 06:58 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3234 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:10 »

New TMNT for the Michael Bay movie

Oroku Saki!!

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3235 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:13 »

« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2014, 07:44 by Blue Kitty »

kyomi

« Reply #3236 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:13 »

You lost me when I saw 4 things together... "New, Michael Bay, TMNT, Movie".

Just no.. stop it. Now. Just stop... come up with some original idea instead of endlessly remaking the same thing.

But it's not going to stop.. because as long as they remake the same thing, people will still go to see the same thing over and over again :(

The "Don't fuck with me" suit

http://coub.com/view/3mvzz36

Why hasn't anyone done that before? It's a perfect fit :)
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2014, 07:27 by kyomi »

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3237 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:27 »

Stuff
Of this post, only the first picture makes any sense to me.

Also, youtube, y u suddenly autoplay random videos?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3238 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:32 »

You lost me when I saw 4 things together... "New, Michael Bay, TMNT, Movie".

Just no.. stop it. Now. Just stop... come up with some original idea instead of endlessly remaking the same thing.

But it's not going to stop.. because as long as they remake the same thing, people will still go to see the same thing over and over again :(
I concur, but the sad thing is movie studios don't want to take risks and will do remakes because there is already an established name/brand in the public mind which will almost always guarantee ticket sales.  Its why we see remakes of previous movies and TV shows.  Sadly this constrains creativity in mainstream cinemas.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #3239 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:33 »

I don't understand how you can make a 50 Shades movie in the US. Considering how anything that's NC-17 or over will get seen by absolutely no-one and you can barely get away with a vagina shot let alone any proper-strength fucking in an R, and that the ENTIRE point is that they just wreck each other daily and nightly, that film is going to amount to a shitload of stilted dialogue and one bad sex scene.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #3240 on: 29 Jan 2014, 07:47 »

Stuff
Of this post, only the first picture makes any sense to me.

Also, youtube, y u suddenly autoplay random videos?

The second picture is Fox's, "The War on Women," which doesn't have a single woman on the panel

The third picture is someones twitter after Taylor Swift lost to Daft Punk, someones response to it

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor
« Reply #3241 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:04 »

The second picture is Fox's, "The War on Women," which doesn't have a single woman on the panel
I expected nothing different.

The third picture is someones twitter after Taylor Swift lost to Daft Punk, someones response to it
Ahh, Daft Punk, good one.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3242 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:12 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3243 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:17 »

and that right there is why I only wear ball caps and my Akubra.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3244 on: 29 Jan 2014, 08:36 »

I don't understand how you can make a 50 Shades movie in the US. Considering how anything that's NC-17 or over will get seen by absolutely no-one and you can barely get away with a vagina shot let alone any proper-strength fucking in an R, and that the ENTIRE point is that they just wreck each other daily and nightly, that film is going to amount to a shitload of stilted dialogue and one bad sex scene.

The entire point is systematic emotional and physical abuse being somehow romantic, and also appropriating a sexuality you clearly don't understand or respect in order to make money. So it sound straight up Hollywood's alley.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #3245 on: 29 Jan 2014, 09:39 »

GarandMarine

• Awakened
« Reply #3246 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:03 »

I'm with Denmark on this one, to no one around here's great surprise.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/06/marine-opso-ptsd-planning/
This is the military sense of humor in a nutshell. It's dark and brutal, but fuck me that's funny.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #3248 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:06 »

The entire point is systematic emotional and physical abuse being somehow romantic, and also appropriating a sexuality you clearly don't understand or respect in order to make money. So it sound straight up Hollywood's alley.

Okay but that doesn't explain how they are going to convert a book that is almost entirely sex into a mainstream movie.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me
« Reply #3249 on: 29 Jan 2014, 10:17 »

If you've read World War Z, you know that the source material isn't something Hollywood cares much about. They'll manage somehow.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97   Go Up