THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homotopy Type Theory  (Read 2248 times)

PthariensFlame

• Larger than most fish
  • I ♥ van Laarhoven lenticuloid families!
    • Chirex Formens/Chirex Ialtens
Homotopy Type Theory
« on: 01 Nov 2013, 15:23 »

So, seeing as this subforum is pretty much entirely composed of (threads about) works of fiction, I'm not sure how well this will fit in, but I think it will at least fit in relatively better than it would in any of the other subfora:

I'm currently reading, and heavily enjoying, Homotopy Type Theory: Univalent Foundations of Mathematics.  I'm coming at it from a computational/type theory angle, but it's meant for anyone with an interest in foundational and/or abstract math, and generally explains anything that some readers might not know.  You can get it as a free PDF or eBook from the linked page, or buy a physical copy if you want.  Just reading some of the Introduction will probably tell you whether the rest of it will interest you or not.
Quote from: Anne McCaffrey
Honor those the dragons heed
In thought and favor, word and deed.
Worlds are lost or worlds are saved
From those dangers dragon-braved.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: Homotopy Type Theory
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2013, 13:21 »

This sounds like something that is completely not what I would want to read, but you might find some takers in the Math thread in Chatter!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."
Pages: [1]   Go Up