THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 17 Jun 2024, 05:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Blog Thread IIIb : Look Who's Blogging Now  (Read 136129 times)

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
Re: Re: Blog Thread IIIb : Look Who's Blogging Now
« Reply #450 on: 12 Apr 2011, 20:24 »

i mean i know it was fucking dumb though, i really really dont need to get lectured about it.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #451 on: 12 Apr 2011, 20:32 »

Why? My mom tells me not to crash her car or burn down the house every time she goes away. It's what parents do.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #452 on: 12 Apr 2011, 20:34 »

i think you kind of deserved this one dude, just cut your losses and accept the consequences. next time you maybe don't get so drunk and do an incredibly stupid thing. them's the breaks
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #453 on: 13 Apr 2011, 02:07 »

I hear Melbourne's a real nice place to move to.

yeah that's a lie

It's only a little bit a lie if you're moving from Sydney.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #454 on: 13 Apr 2011, 04:44 »

I'm taking Stace to Poland in a week to meet the rest of the family she married in to, and she's super nervous. Would making her watch the Hostel movies be a mean thing to do?
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #455 on: 13 Apr 2011, 05:06 »

Red hair, straight hair, no regrowth, trimmed fringe. Lookin' pretty. I keep swooshing my hair around an it still tays neat. Also I smell like hair dye, which I like, even though I generally hate the chemically smelling hair products. It is a little sad, but getting my hair done always makes me feel better about myself.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #456 on: 13 Apr 2011, 06:01 »

Getting their hair done makes most people feel good. It's like, a thing.

I haven't had my hair did for a while. I should get on that.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #457 on: 13 Apr 2011, 06:13 »

I don't get my hairs did, but I do enjoy going for a haircut. Even though I have a fairly quick and basic hairstyle (buzzzzzzzzed short), the guy I go to always takes his time and makes sure everything is as even as can be.

Plus it's a barber shop run by black dudes who play old soul music and talk about rap feuds constantly. Even if you're sitting around for a while waiting to get your hair cut, it's always entertaining.

It may sound kinda stereotypical..but hey. The dudes talk about rap, listen to good music, and cut a good head of hair.
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2011, 06:16 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #458 on: 13 Apr 2011, 06:18 »

Having someone else touch your head has been known to make people feel better. I feel very relaxed after getting my hair cut.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #459 on: 13 Apr 2011, 06:25 »

Red hair, straight hair, no regrowth, trimmed fringe. Lookin' pretty. I keep swooshing my hair around an it still tays neat. Also I smell like hair dye, which I like, even though I generally hate the chemically smelling hair products. It is a little sad, but getting my hair done always makes me feel better about myself.

Oh me too! I really like the hair dye smell and how it stays in your hair for a while and you can smell it the next time you wash it. I get this same feeling when I spend the time to dry and straighten my hair on my own. Makes me feel good because damn, I have a lot of hair, it takes a lot of effort to make it look nice and making it look nice makes me feel pretty. I should book in for next two weeks, my regrowth will need fixing by then.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #460 on: 13 Apr 2011, 07:57 »

Man I love getting my hair cut even if, like Shane, I have a very basic style (I actually tell them what numbers to use and where). My place is this little shop run by indie girls that have various posters everywhere.

Around here we also have these. My girlfriend hates them.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #461 on: 13 Apr 2011, 08:02 »

Yeah, I'm just "bring it down to a 2, Chris."
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #462 on: 13 Apr 2011, 08:27 »

I'm taking Stace to Poland in a week to meet the rest of the family she married in to, and she's super nervous. Would making her watch the Hostel movies be a mean thing to do?

Yes, but do it anyway. It will make the trip much more fun for you and she'll get over it.

Maybe.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #463 on: 13 Apr 2011, 08:31 »

Yeah, I'm just "bring it down to a 2, Chris."

Boring. I get my haircut by a cool rockabilly lady with lots of tattoos. She works with other cool rockabilly ladies. They give you free drink and have fun decor and like to talk about animals and I like them lots. Also they have good taste in music and tattoos.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #464 on: 13 Apr 2011, 08:38 »

You get drinks? All we get is a hot dog place next door.

And of course, RAP FEUDS.

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #465 on: 13 Apr 2011, 10:44 »

I have really thick hair so I love getting my hair cut because I always feel bald afterward, even though I still have lots of hair left.

tania

• famed sex columnist
« Reply #466 on: 13 Apr 2011, 11:21 »

i used to really struggle with haircuts when i lived in guelph and markham because the only salons i could find were these really prissy ultra-feminine ones where the stylists didn't ever seem to know what to do when i told them what kind of hair i wanted (usually something really short and kind of gay). they'd consistently either leave it way too long or just give me some ultra uninteresting, utterly unflattering nonsense. now i have a middle aged, extremely gay dude with lots of experience for a hairstylist which rules because all i gotta do is give him the basic rundown of what kind of hair i want and clarify that i am actively trying to look really androgynous so, you know, just make me look kind of like an attractive dude, and then he gets really excited and goes to town on it and i always end up with something really exciting and fun. he's not cheap so i only get my hair cut once every four months now but man, do i ever look forward to it. you're the best, allan.
« Last Edit: 13 Apr 2011, 11:31 by tania »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Metope

« Reply #467 on: 13 Apr 2011, 11:34 »

II really need a goddamn haircut. My hair falls really stupid in my neck, and it seems to never outgrow that lame 'growing out' phase, although it's a lot better than it was a couple months ago. I am so tempted to go to a cheap hairdresser and just chop it all off again, but I'm gonna bite my teeth together and wait it out. I'll go get my roots fixed and my hair trimmed in maybe late May, that's all I can afford.

Oh and the colour is pretty bad now too, since the amazing dye I got last time didn't last for very long because my hair was bleached under it. Next time I'll get it fixed properly, but yeah, that's in over a month. Ugh.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #468 on: 13 Apr 2011, 11:44 »

Last time I got my hair cut it looked like a Dovey from the future was cutting it.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

sean

• welp
« Reply #469 on: 13 Apr 2011, 13:05 »

womp so i totally had two root canals done this morning. they really arn't that bad! and i have dental insurance, which is really cool.

ANYWAY why im posting about this is cause as the endodontist was looking at my teeth, he commented that it looked like one of my teeth had actually had the nerve severed a long time ago. once he actually got to doing the normal root canal, he confirmed it, so apparently for about 7 years (his estimate) i've needed a root canal anyway if i never had one, my tooth would have eventually gotten infected/decayed/whatever and i would have had to of gotten a much more complicated/expensive/likely more painful procedure. my life what the fuck  :psyduck:

for those of you who are curious, i got it done on my two front left teeth (in fancy dentist talk, they are teeth 8 and 9 apparently.)

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #470 on: 13 Apr 2011, 13:12 »

I needed a root canal when I wasn't insured, so I didn't go for it.  Eventually, I forgot about it, then my tooth decayed so much that it broke in half one day while chewing something soft.  Had to get it extracted, which sucked, and then get an implant, which not only sucked, but cost me a total of about $2500... and that's with the insurance I got beforehand.  Teeth are tricky.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #471 on: 13 Apr 2011, 15:17 »

i used to really struggle with haircuts when i lived in guelph and markham because the only salons i could find were these really prissy ultra-feminine ones where the stylists didn't ever seem to know what to do when i told them what kind of hair i wanted (usually something really short and kind of gay). they'd consistently either leave it way too long or just give me some ultra uninteresting, utterly unflattering nonsense. now i have a middle aged, extremely gay dude with lots of experience for a hairstylist which rules because all i gotta do is give him the basic rundown of what kind of hair i want and clarify that i am actively trying to look really androgynous so, you know, just make me look kind of like an attractive dude, and then he gets really excited and goes to town on it and i always end up with something really exciting and fun. he's not cheap so i only get my hair cut once every four months now but man, do i ever look forward to it. you're the best, allan.

ditto except that i went from ultracuts to a cool-ass place where my hairstylist also runs a film production company on the side & is happily married & also he saw fugazi in 2001
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #472 on: 13 Apr 2011, 15:50 »

My old hairdresser used to be a pro skateboarder who ran in the same circle as Jason Lee. Dude could really cut hair.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #473 on: 13 Apr 2011, 17:36 »

I go to the cheap place at the mall. The one time I went to a decent salon I was charged $20 more to do an extremely shitty job. And the lady was super rude and didn't listen to a word I said. So I'm fine with the cheap place at the mall for now.

I just wish I could find a decent blue-black hair dye that would last more than 2 weeks :(
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #474 on: 13 Apr 2011, 17:43 »

The best part about having curly hair is that you can cut it yourself incredibly easily. No worries about cutting unevenly because you're not going to be able to tell. When I don't like my hair I just head to the bathroom with a scissors and go for it.

Love my hair.
Liz is touching me.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #475 on: 13 Apr 2011, 17:48 »

I cut my own hair way too often. Sometimes I give myself a John Denver, other times it's more of a Joan Jett. Then I go in to the Hair Barn and Rhonda figures out a way to make me look good again.

You'd think I would have learned something from my bald Barbie doll, but I can be a bit thick sometimes.
Ho, ho, ho!

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #476 on: 13 Apr 2011, 18:53 »

I get my hair cut by a middle-aged Armenian immigrant who barely speaks french, but understands english pretty well. She's pretty rad, honestly. Last time I got my hair cut, she told me that she wanted to cut it just like Win Butler from Arcade Fire or Diamond Rings (google their hair, I am too lazy). I' decided not to, but it still amazed me that she would propose this. She's cool.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #477 on: 13 Apr 2011, 20:10 »

I get my hair cut by my girlfriend who is one of the senior stylists at a super swanky salon in the city. She usually charges something along the lines of $150 for what she does so I'm pretty lucky I guess.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #478 on: 13 Apr 2011, 20:56 »

I'm not sure why, but when I was little I would hate getting my hair cut. For some reason it felt really painful when they were using the automatic clippers, and I would constantly grimace and close my eyes. One barber even called me out on it. Now I feels fine to me.

Dazed

• Scrabble hacker
  • Straight outta Boston
« Reply #479 on: 13 Apr 2011, 21:19 »

The only people who have ever cut my hair are me and my mom.
I would probably be getting laid right now if it weren't for the Jews

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #480 on: 13 Apr 2011, 21:19 »

Yeah my sister would cut my hair back home, and it was brilliant because she understood what I wanted and what would suit me even better than I did, so I could really trust her to just go to town and try something new/different and it would always come out looking awesome. Also it was a real trip to see my sister being competent at something, seeing as she's pretty fucking hopeless in literally every other part of her life. Also with the 50% discount I got I was only paying $26 for the haircut which is basically the exact amount I'd like to pay for a haircut. I made sure I got a cut from her the day before flying out and if and when I go home one of the first things I do will be to book another one. In the meantime I've gotta get good at cutting my own.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #481 on: 14 Apr 2011, 04:13 »

YES I AM NOT DEAD YET
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache
« Reply #482 on: 14 Apr 2011, 04:24 »

I go to the same hairstylist as my mom - he is very expensive but totally worth it. He moved to Canada from England in the 50s and the first job he got was sweeping up hair in a salon. He never even went to school to learn how to cut hair, he's just naturally talented. He's got a beautiful studio of his own, and lets my mom and myself make appointments at 7 am (before he's open) because she's been his client for 26 years now.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #483 on: 14 Apr 2011, 04:42 »

I see Jimmy's lady too and she gives me the best haircuts I have ever had. I would never even try and cut my own hair because there is so much of it! I can't see the back of my head, and I can tell I would miss bits of it and it would look terrible or end up really bottom heavy because I don't know how to cut hair, let alone cut curly hair and add layers to even it out. I will leave that to the professionals.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #484 on: 14 Apr 2011, 05:44 »

I need a decent hairstylist that actually knows what would look good on me. I don't suppose anyone knows someone in the Baltimore area? I only recently got myself some bangs after like 23 years of all the same length with a part down the middle.

On a bloggy note; I feel awesome lately. I really do. I have never in my life felt this good.. I wake up every day, in a good mood, not necessarily ready to go to work, but not grumpy and crappy and sad. I love you, venlafaxine.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #485 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:28 »

YES I AM NOT DEAD YET

ARE YOU SURE

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #486 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:29 »

Yo blog thread I don't have an interesting hairstylist story but our landlord just got back to us the other day and said it is A-OK so we are getting CHICKENS :mrgreen:

Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #487 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:37 »

FUCK YES
it's time to stop posting

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #488 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:47 »

I'm no chicken specialist, but aren't both of those cocks? In which case, what the hell's with all the chicks?

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #489 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:48 »

That's awesome, Manda. I want chickens pretty bad, but you have to hide them here because there's a city ordinance against having livestock in the city and there's nowhere on this property to hide them. I'm so happy for you that you get to have some!

Oh, and the black one looks like a hen to me.
Ho, ho, ho!

The Seldom Killer

« Reply #490 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:50 »

One day, when I can have chickens of my own, I will learn the difference.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #491 on: 14 Apr 2011, 06:58 »

eeeeeee baby chicks

sean

• welp
« Reply #492 on: 14 Apr 2011, 07:08 »

GODDAMNIT this is the worst week i completely forgot i had a "sophomore competency exam" (music major thing) today and missed the first part of it. i just have to pass everything before i graduate so i can just do it again next year but FUCKING A this week is just being goddamn awful, what the fuck this week?

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #493 on: 14 Apr 2011, 07:09 »

The white one is a leghorn rooster, but the black one is an australorp hen:) We will probably be getting australorp chicks and maybe a laying hen from a friend's dad! No need to hide them here- my yard backs up to a field full of cows and sheep, so I'm pretty sure we're zoned alright for ag.
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

The Seldom Killer

« Reply #494 on: 14 Apr 2011, 07:31 »

Out near us they just generally run aound in the road. Yesterday while cycling home from town I encountered several bird hazards. The first was some juvenile pheasants which are really funny when startled, then some chickens which were arrogantly disinclined to get out of my way. About a mile later it was a massive turkey sat on the edge of the verge by it's farm. This is pretty unusual for Yorkshire, turkeys aren't native and rarely farmed here. They were next to some ducks which weren't in the way, just really shouty.

Are you just getting them for eggs or are you going to get into some home butchery?

In the UK it's got quite common for people to adopt chickens that used to be battery housed but aren't productive enough for commercial interests.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #495 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:00 »

In Australia, chickens are colloquially known as chooks!

Chook chook chook, here chookie chook

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #496 on: 14 Apr 2011, 08:43 »

I'm eggs-only, Chris is open to the concept of some for meat though. His vegetarianism is based more on animal cruelty lines, so if he is confident that they had clean, healthy lives and humane butchering then he's happy to eat them (has been the occasional fish only so far). I still couldn't quite stomach it, but we'll see if I'm comfortable having chickens killed/eaten in my yard or not;)

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #497 on: 14 Apr 2011, 09:35 »

I can't fathom eating something that I named, but if he can do it then more power to him.  I would imagine it takes a strong person to be able to separate the backyard chicken from the chicken on the plate.

(For the record, I don't eat animals I haven't named either.  I've been veg for almost 20 years)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #498 on: 14 Apr 2011, 09:45 »

I grew up on a small dairy farm, all of the cows we milked got names that we used daily. When they got too old to produce good milk, and if we were running low on beef, well...

You get used to it. They taste the same. And that taste is delicious.
Liz is touching me.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #499 on: 14 Apr 2011, 10:05 »

My wife grew up on a farm in Missouri. They were only allowed to name their animals after food.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 84   Go Up