• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What's next on our agenda?

Angus and Faye: The Quickening
- 46 (33.3%)
Dora Tells Her Parents (To Predictable Results)
- 10 (7.2%)
The Library Implosion: Emily Finds Out!
- 19 (13.8%)
Moms Meet!
- 8 (5.8%)
Momo and May - The Odd Couple Revisited!
- 12 (8.7%)
Hanners FREAKS OUT!
- 7 (5.1%)
Pintsize!
- 7 (5.1%)
Love and Pancakes!
- 7 (5.1%)
Waffles and Spathe Ham!
- 1 (0.7%)
...Wait, who IS that blue guy lying on the ground?
- 11 (8%)
CLINTONSPOLSION!
- 10 (7.2%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2811-2815 (13-17 October 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 162545 times)

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.

I'm not saying "will happen", I'm saying "plausible".

If Faye is written out of the strip through a move to NYC, then Jeph is clearly wrapping the comic up.  This might be a slice-of-life comic, but writing out one of the main characters is a jump the shark moment you often see in a flailing final season of a TV show.  No thank you. 

Is it really a jump-the-shark when it's a normal stage of progression in a serious relationship, though?

Claire and Marten moving in together is 100% certifiably nuts, even if it takes a few months comic time to happen.  Nuttier than even Marigold and Dale moving in together, given at least have a few months of experience in a relationship, and don't have anything resembling good sense. 

Again, why is it "nuts" that they might choose to move in together after a few months' span in-comic?  I'm not clear on your reasoning.  I've moved in with SOs after four months, and I've waited for over a year with others. It depends on how the relationship progresses and it's not really something you can predict.

kerky

• Emoticontraindication

So while a good story would be working towards some sense of climax, or at least closure, he needs to be mindful of his audience's desire for continued developments with established characters.  It's the same conundrum that great TV series eventually reach - sooner or later the well runs dry for character development, and if there isn't a planned arc of closure, the last season or two kinda peter out. 

Well, there  are TV shows that go on, an on , (and so are many european-style comics, like Asterix) who do close a story line in every episode or book, or every season, and then go on to the next book or episode with the same characters, or some new ones, appearing only for one episode introduced. Could that be one of the possible future "formulas" for QC so Jeph can devote mre time to AG?  Now that I think of... Could Marten and Claire getting together be one of those climax moments that closes sort of an "episode" for QC?

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

So while a good story would be working towards some sense of climax, or at least closure, he needs to be mindful of his audience's desire for continued developments with established characters.  It's the same conundrum that great TV series eventually reach - sooner or later the well runs dry for character development, and if there isn't a planned arc of closure, the last season or two kinda peter out. 

Well, there  are TV shows that go on, an on , (and so are many european-style comics, like Asterix) who do close a story line in every episode or book, or every season, and then go on to the next book or episode with the same characters, or some new ones, appearing only for one episode introduced. Could that be one of the possible future "formulas" for QC so Jeph can devote mre time to AG?  Now that I think of... Could Marten and Claire getting together be one of those climax moments that closes sort of an "episode" for QC?

There are also a lot of characters whose back stories haven't really been explored, or have only been briefly alluded to. We know Faye's "origin story," but we've only gotten bits and pieces for Marten, Hannelore, Claire, and Dora/Sven, each of which have plenty more room for development (as long as it fits an ongoing/upcoming storyline). Having occasional storylines outside the confines of Northampton could also open up some new possibilities. In other words, there's a lot of different ways to keep this going while still keeping it fresh, but that'd also depend on whether Jeph A: wants to keep it going, and B: has the will, and the chops, to do so.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

eschaton

• Furry furrier

I think she started when she was 20, based on http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2361

Why does long hair have to equal the beginning of transitioning though? 

Still, if your logic was correct, it would suggest that Claire didn't start college until age 19, since she said she began to transition freshman year.  So she took off a year between HS and college most likely (she doesn't seem like the sort of person who'd get held back).  Maybe she was suffering from depression due to being "in the closet" about her gender? 

Is it really a jump-the-shark when it's a normal stage of progression in a serious relationship, though?

It's a jump-the-shark moment for the comic.  In terms of actual relationship dynamics, Faye and Angus have probably been together long enough now to try cohabitation. 

Again, why is it "nuts" that they might choose to move in together after a few months' span in-comic?  I'm not clear on your reasoning.  I've moved in with SOs after four months, and I've waited for over a year with others. It depends on how the relationship progresses and it's not really something you can predict.

Personally I never would have considered living with anyone I hadn't dated for at least a year.  Maybe that makes me odd though.  But given we know that Claire has never had a relationship, it seems an especially weird thing to do.  For that matter, we don't even know if Claire has ever even had a roommate.  She really should live on her own and get a taste of adult independence before going right to shacking up with some dude. 

There are also a lot of characters whose back stories haven't really been explored, or have only been briefly alluded to. We know Faye's "origin story," but we've only gotten bits and pieces for Marten, Hannelore, Claire, and Dora/Sven, each of which have plenty more room for development (as long as it fits an ongoing/upcoming storyline). Having occasional storylines outside the confines of Northampton could also open up some new possibilities. In other words, there's a lot of different ways to keep this going while still keeping it fresh, but that'd also depend on whether Jeph A: wants to keep it going, and B: has the will, and the chops, to do so.

One thing I've never seen explored which I'd like to see in a prequel is how Marten met Steve.  We know at the time the comic started Marten had been living in Northampton for two years, with Pintsize and Steve his only friends.  We know how Pintsize and Marten hooked up.  Steve is listed as a "college friend" on the bio page, but this is never even mentioned in the strip.  He's just sort of there. 

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

Gratuitous post so this will show up in my "new replies" button

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish

At the end of The Talk arc (#509), Jeph's note includes "It's too early for me to say whether this marks the halfway point or 3/4ths point or hell the 1/10th point of the overall story". Looks now like he's shooting for 1/10 to me.

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

It's also worth noting that a Master's program isn't necessarily 2 years...
This cuts both ways: I, myself, am in a 1-year program.

I really, sincerely, completely doubt that we're anywhere near the end of QC. This Dora/Sven rumbling bit of drama seems like the sort of thing that'll spawn several branching storylines. The difficulties of dealing with an LDR is the logical next step in Faye working through her problems, and can realistically go on for quite some time (and NYC isn't really that far from Massachusetts, Angus will probably pay visits every now and then). In addition: far from Jeph growing tired of Veronica, she's moved into town and will presumably appear when least convenient for Marten. Hell, for shits and giggles she might go on a date with Jim to the same place that Marten and Clare go to on the same day, because in addition to everything else, Marten likely needs to be able to stop the "delightfully transgressive" tendencies of his mother as part of the whole finding direction thing.

On top of doing more band things. Keeping in mind how certain aspects of how playing venues can be unglamorous, that might push Hannelore a bit too far too fast.

There's any number of things that can happen. To suggest that we're near an end is amusing to me. So, with regard to what Rimwolf just posted above me, I don't think he knows even now how far through the story we've gone. This is a slice-of-life comic, and life just keeps coming at you until it doesn't.
Mistakes, ahoy!

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

There are also a lot of characters whose back stories haven't really been explored, or have only been briefly alluded to. We know Faye's "origin story," but we've only gotten bits and pieces for Marten, Hannelore, Claire, and Dora/Sven, each of which have plenty more room for development.

Part of me thinks Claire backstory could be a really interesting look into the character.

And another part of me doesn't want to see her as anyone except who she's worked hard to be.

Even if I already know she just looked like Clinton with twice the hands.

MooskiNet

• FIGHT YOU
  • Better than yesterday.
    • Middleways.net

Okay, that shit was funny.
Middleways: webcomic / graphic novel / obsession

Mr_Rose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Head Canon arms dealer

Gratuitous post so this will show up in my "new replies" button
You know you can just go to the top of the page and hit the "notify" label in the tab on the right, right?
"I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

There are also a lot of characters whose back stories haven't really been explored, or have only been briefly alluded to. We know Faye's "origin story," but we've only gotten bits and pieces for Marten, Hannelore, Claire, and Dora/Sven, each of which have plenty more room for development.

Part of me thinks Claire backstory could be a really interesting look into the character.

And another part of me doesn't want to see her as anyone except who she's worked hard to be.

Maybe it's just me, but for one thing, I like knowing characters' back stories and origins. For another, I think Claire's always been who she is, but the journey to allowing herself to be that -- to shed the old identity that didn't fit her at all, and the conscious choice to embrace herself as herself -- doesn't in any way diminish who she is, and is still in the process of becoming. One part of that, at least, is common to all of us; nobody's born fully-formed in terms of their identity. We're always growing and always becoming. The fact that she's trans (and all that goes with that) certainly adds another layer of complexity to that process, but to my mind at least, it's a difference of degree as much as kind. All of us, if we're lucky -- sometimes with a great support system, other times with nothing to go on but grit, stubbornness, and a patient ear for our inner voice -- give ourselves permission to become what we are.

(hopefully that makes as much sense typed out as it did in my head)

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

What would we gain from it? Our flash back to young Hanners locked up in her room during the station arc was disturbing, but was a great counterpoint to her breakthrough birthday hug. The graphic flashback to Faye's dad's death was the right choice to visualize an otherwise abstract trauma that shaped her personality for hundreds of strips. Claire's transition arc is over and done years before we meet her. What value would we get out of seeing her as an awkward and miserable not-a-boy besides scratching a voyeuristic itch? The visual scars of her transition are all over her (brilliant) character design and there to appreciate in every panel she's in.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Have we considered the possibility that Angus may be going the way of Wil?

Think about it, Wil was introduced and became a fairly regular character - especially with his relationship with Penelope - then he got that job at the Bar and slowly became less and less of a regular.  I mean, how often have we actually seen Wil since he got the job and, to a certain extent, had his 'Happy Ending' with Penelope.

Now Angus has got this job out of town, and he's been more of a regular character than Wil was.  I can see Jeph moving ahead with some 'Settling Down Drama' as the two of them get used to the nature of the change of their relationship, but i can also see Angus moving back to a semi-regular basis, mentioned but rarely seen.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

What would we gain from it? Our flash back to young Hanners locked up in her room during the station arc was disturbing, but was a great counterpoint to her breakthrough birthday hug. The graphic flashback to Faye's dad's death was the right choice to visualize an otherwise abstract trauma that shaped her personality for hundreds of strips. Claire's transition arc is over and done years before we meet her. What value would we get out of seeing her as an awkward and miserable not-a-boy besides scratching a voyeuristic itch? The visual scars of her transition are all over her (brilliant) character design and there to appreciate in every panel she's in.

Valid points, all. I should probably have clarified that I'm not interested in it either as voyeurism or as a plot point for the sake of it. But if -- as with Faye and Hanners' storylines -- it serves to illuminate or set up further character development, I'd be for it, for the same reason that I'd be in favor of exploring Dora and Sven's backstory further (since their actions, especially lately, don't really make much sense on the evidence we've been given in-comic so far).

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

One thought that occurs to me is that Angus's gig may crash-and-burn. Just because the producers liked him doesn't mean he'll be a hit! He's good, but is he good enough to stand out from the crowd? Few are. He might get a few weeks and then someone else gets rotated in and he gets "We'll call you sometime". Faye then finds herself in the unaccustomed role of comforter; it could take her story in a whole new direction!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

There is that too.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

swapna

• Curry sauce

Well for my part I hope Angus stays in NYC, and depending on how Faye deals with this, departs from the comic entirely. As several posters before pointed out - if Faye follows him that would be a good indicator that the comic is about to be wrapped up, but I don't think she'll go. There's too much that's holding her where she is - her friends (especially Marten), her job (although she really could do something with her art).

Why I want Angus to go: Weell.. I didn't like how he started out. An stalker who'll harass people at their place of work even when they told them they aren't interested? I hate that kind of storyline. Reminds me of all the stalkers/obsessive types in romantic comedies that get the girl in the end anyway. (He's been portrayed as a very good boyfriend after that, but the beginning still stands) I think there's a healthier way for Faye to find a romantic partner.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC

I can't help but think that "stalker" and "harassment" tags - quite serious ones - get thrown around here very lightly.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

aliensporebomb

• Larger than most fish

Oh good grief Angus, speaking as a guy who has the hindsight of experience to his benefit: this is NO time to joke.  Geez!

plusorminus

• Larger than most fish

I can't help but think that "stalker" and "harassment" tags - quite serious ones - get thrown around here very lightly.

Ok, maybe. And while I'm no huge fan of Angus, I don't think he was necessarily stalking or harrassing Faye.

That said, it's a bit of a double standard. I remember people saying that Sven's blonde ex was "creepy" for staking out the bar and waiting to have a confrontation with him. It was also said that Marigold was being "creepy" in expressing her crush on Angus.

Angus pushed the envelope. Faye wasn't into it and he was being a tiny bit of a creeper. Dale, likewise was being a tiny bit of a creeper to Marigold and they are boning every five seconds. Yet the women who exhibited behavior similar to this were not afforded that same luxury.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Just because a thing is said does not mean it is a true thing, or even a credible thing. And you support Tova's point more than you counter it. Personally, I think a lot of terms -- mostly in the name of do-it-yourself psychiatry -- get tossed around here with more enthusiasm than precision.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

plusorminus

• Larger than most fish

Just because a thing is said does not mean it is a true thing, or even a credible thing. And you support Tova's point more than you counter it. Personally, I think a lot of terms -- mostly in the name of do-it-yourself psychiatry -- get tossed around here with more enthusiasm than precision.

I'm ... not sure what you're talking about. Assuming you're talking to me.

I wasn't trying to "counter" Tova's point. My first sentence was in agreement that Angus did not stalk or harrass Faye.

I'm gonna move it along now because I think you misunderstood me and I'm not trying to get into an argument over a point that was likely debated a long time ago.

Stoon

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Unfortunately, Faye hasn't been helpful in the building up to this situation.  She's been outwardly the supportive girlfriend while not vocalizing her own desires and concerns.  This has enabled Angus to being self-centred and not concerning himself with others in his life.  "If Faye says nothing is wrong and this is good, why I shouldn't believe her?"

SteveCostello

• Not quite a lurker

Except pancakes. Those are thrown around here with enthusiasm AND precision!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Am I the only one who doesn't think Angus was joking, just really excited about the future and being (at least a little) blinded by that to how Faye feels?
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

Unfortunately, Faye hasn't been helpful in the building up to this situation.  She's been outwardly the supportive girlfriend while not vocalizing her own desires and concerns.  This has enabled Angus to being self-centred and not concerning himself with others in his life.  "If Faye says nothing is wrong and this is good, why I shouldn't believe her?"

Which is why a blowup -- which is what this seems to be building towards -- makes it a bit more difficult to feel sorry for Faye. It's one thing for one of us to say there are cues Angus should be catching here; we're on the outside looking in. But people aren't mind readers, and stepping outside your situation to "read" that is also something easier said than done. I think she's genuinely trying to be a supportive friend and girlfriend, but there are plenty of ways that she could've stated her concerns and still been supportive. You can encourage someone else's dreams without being a doormat yourself, and Faye hasn't really done that. She's going to end up resenting him (if she doesn't already), likely not realizing that she shares some of the responsibility too.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

Angus pushed the envelope. Faye wasn't into it and he was being a tiny bit of a creeper. Dale, likewise was being a tiny bit of a creeper to Marigold and they are boning every five seconds. Yet the women who exhibited behavior similar to this were not afforded that same luxury.

Yeah it's really impossible to imagine Jeph doing something like, I don't know, portraying a female character engaged in domestic abuse against a physically weaker target for 500 strips and playing it off as a slapstick, odd-couple gag because haha gender reversal is funny. That would basically be a different comic!

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

Yeah it's really impossible to imagine Jeph doing something like, I don't know, portraying a female character engaged in domestic abuse against a physically weaker target for 500 strips and playing it off as a slapstick, odd-couple gag because haha gender reversal is funny. That would basically be a different comic!

Good points, as usual.

I gotta ask, though -- how in the hell do you pull so many strips together so quickly? I've read this thing back to front more than once and I still struggle to find the strips I want to use as examples.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

Haha, I just clicked through the first 500 strips looking for stars and pain lines. It stopped being such a thing after The Talk, except for the very memorable incident during the breakup arc. I basically read the strip for Claire, so I have all of her appearances down, and I have 1300-1800 on speed dial right now since I'm working on that part of the timeline.
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2014, 17:42 by AprilArcus »

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

Looks like the comic is up
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete

Number 2813: Backer Rewards

Is it just me or has the art style is really taken a turn for the SMBC lately?

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

It's simple, Winslow. Pintsize is going to be the singing dildo.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

eschaton

• Furry furrier

It's funny seeing Winslow using a videocamera.  But then again, he's based on an early-model Ipod - which of course doesn't have a camera. 

Shows how long he's been a minor character. Heh. 

T

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

It's funny seeing Winslow using a videocamera.  But then again, he's based on an early-model Ipod - which of course doesn't have a camera. 

Shows how long he's been a minor character. Heh.
On the other hand he is a machine with vision. This means that he already have a camera.

Probably they just got a camera capable of better image quality.

Estron

• Emoticontraindication
  • Old-fart QC aficionado

So, we're done with the Faye/Angus scene already?   :lol:

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish

Yep. They resolved all their issues and lived happily ever after.

(Uh, this might not be canon.)

aliensporebomb

• Larger than most fish

I KNEW IT!

Just when we're about to reach maximum drama "we are sorry to interrupt this plotline with..." 

: :evil:

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

Yep. They resolved all their issues and lived happily ever after.

(Uh, this might not be canon.)

How could it be canon? You didn't mention butts!
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!

Is this the closest the comic's got to breaking the fourth wall? :roll:
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

We're likely not done with Angus and Faye quite yet. Remember May's sticky handshake interlude a few strips back? It went right back into that plot for a little immediately after.

Just what we expect from Pintsize. Also, a possible little nod to the reader regarding Pintsize being out of focus for a while? EDIT: Method of Madness, on point as usual.
Mistakes, ahoy!

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

I hope AG and 7 comics a week workload hasn't forced it to be dumbed down. I don't think the characters have really suffered...well for the most part, I do really miss Claire's magic hair, even if everyone else's hair actually looks a bit better the way he's doing it(I wonder if she could be a exception or if that'd be too much of a clash in styles).

But yeah, sometimes it seems like he just doesn't want to do backgrounds.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons

Number 2813: Backer Rewards

Got a ways to go before it hits that.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker

Are those the flames of hell, or is Pintsize visualizing Dora's tattoo?
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Are those the flames of hell, or is Pintsize visualizing Dora's tattoo?

yes

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Der Trollmaster General lives! Blood for the blood god and skulls for his throne!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Ustrello

• Emoticontraindication

Der Trollmaster General lives! Blood for the blood god and skulls for his throne!

The outcast god does not look upon that with favor

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues

It occurs to me that Angus doesn't really grok Faye's abandonment issues the way Pintsize, Marten, and Dora do. He didn't live that part of her life like they did. His relationship with Faye is built on being appropriately inappropriate with her. He started with an addiction to her sass.

Moreover, Angus hasn't lived Faye's angst over the possibility of a long distance relationship. She has been keeping it from him. His snarky spooning comment is pretty much par for the course for their normal interaction.

One could argue that he's insensitively blind to the needs of his significant other, but he just landed a near dream job, with potential to take him farther than he may have ever believed he could go. He's stoked and it is pretty normal to want your lover to share that feeling in a moment like that.

I am beginning to think that the big problem here is less about how difficult Faye's options--LDR or break up--are for her and more how she hasn't been honest with him. Not that it is all on Faye. He hasn't been making it easy for her to feel safe about it. He's tried but, like I said at the start, he probably doesn't understand what he is dealing with.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

One could argue that he's insensitively blind to the needs of his significant other, but he just landed a near dream job, with potential to take him farther than he may have ever believed he could go. He's stoked and it is pretty normal to want your lover to share that feeling in a moment like that.

I am beginning to think that the big problem here is less about how difficult Faye's options--LDR or break up--are for her and more how she hasn't been honest with him. Not that it is all on Faye. He hasn't been making it easy for her to feel safe about it. He's tried but, like I said at the start, he probably doesn't understand what he is dealing with.

E: All of the above.

For all the dialogue between the two of them, they've left a lot more unsaid than said. Angus doesn't know what -- or more precisely, who -- he's dealing with. And for all her progress, Faye still hasn't even quite got herself ironed out. The options aren't ideal, but neither one of them, at this point, is making it any easier for the other. Angus is happy and wants Faye to share that happiness, but I don't think he even gets how unhappy she is, and I think that's part of the source of his boneheaded remarks. Faye, on the other hand, wants Angus to be happy, but I think it's finally starting to dawn on her that she's allowed a situation where his happiness trumps hers.

The situation is still salvageable, but it's going to take a much deeper and more difficult conversation than either of them has had with the other up to this point.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

The answer is, Winslow, that it has nothing to do with the Kickstarter campaign. He just needed to get stuff off of his chest to cleanse his oratorical palate first!

Which, yeah, makes me wonder if it was a message of sorts from Jeph.  :-P
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20   Go Up