• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In the aftermath of the meeting...

More Dickacorn
- 5 (8.6%)
What happened that put Faye in a good mood?
- 4 (6.9%)
Time-skip?
- 5 (8.6%)
An evening with Faye, Claire, Hanners and Marten
- 27 (46.6%)
Emily and Clinnntonnn
- 8 (13.8%)
Who DID throw that condom wrapper on May's face? (aka 'Other')
- 9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: 01 Apr 2015, 05:42

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2927-2931 (30 March to 3 April 2015)  (Read 76419 times)

Gladstone

• The Tickler
Re: WCDT 2927-2931 (30 March to 3 April 2015)
« Reply #300 on: 02 Apr 2015, 09:25 »

This is a very complicated situation, and it’s probably best that Faye and Claire figure out how to understand each other in their own time.

Agreed.  My problem with the scenario above (edit: well, on the previous page) is that it is completely centered around Marten: Faye's and Claire's argument consists of them defining the other by their relationship to Marten, they only realize how inappropriate they've been when The Man in their lives storms out on them, and nothing is fixed until they make up (off-panel) and Marten returns to find them properly chastised.  I'm not saying Marten has to stay out of this completely, he's allowed to criticize or defend either character, but this is definitely something Faye and Claire need to work out between themselves for themselves, and not as a condition of Marten's approval.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #301 on: 02 Apr 2015, 09:36 »

I think that you're being overly-negative there, Gladstone. You're forgetting that Marten, or rather their own respective (if distinctive and differing) love for Marten is a potential unifying force between Claire and Faye (and precious few others exist, if any). We all know how zen he is about his associates' behaviour. If he calls them out, then they've certainly stepped over a line.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

TeaOfDeath

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #302 on: 02 Apr 2015, 09:37 »

Um, wow. It was a joke. No need to take everything so damn literally.

Welcome to the internet, where people can't read your tone! I also saw the way you started off and thought 'Oh, for fuck's sake.'

Because most people who start off like that think their opinion is more than that, that it's the truth and these other dumbasses just can't see it.

As a part of the disagreeing group, you essentially seemed to be saying 'you don't get it, do ya, fuckface?'

Which is not conducive to an open discussion. Any time you want to set users into 'groups' and imagine them as 'other,' just... Don't mention it, because you're probably wrong.

Maybe not assume the worst of everyone, then? None of this would have been a thing if you had simply given me the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming I was trying to be a haughty asshole. I'm here to have fun; it's a comic. And yes, I become passionate when I have a "lightbulb" moment; it's not meant to alienate anyone or to make some other group feel like the "other". It's just my opinion.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #303 on: 02 Apr 2015, 10:11 »

I think that you're being overly-negative there, Gladstone. You're forgetting that Marten, or rather their own respective (if distinctive and differing) love for Marten is a potential unifying force between Claire and Faye (and precious few others exist, if any). We all know how zen he is about his associates' behaviour. If he calls them out, then they've certainly stepped over a line.

Yeah, might've been a bit aggressive there, sorry.  I'm not saying Marten can't step in to keep the peace, but we need to see Faye and Claire actually trying to work things out between themselves, not just making up because Marten is Not Amused.  As I said a few pages ago, I'd rather see Claire sticking up for herself without looking to Marten for help first.  "I'm sorry I've annoyed you, but can you tone down the threats of violence, please?" wouldn't be a bad place to start.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #304 on: 02 Apr 2015, 10:14 »

Understandable though Faye's actions may be, I think Valkygrrl is right about them.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #305 on: 02 Apr 2015, 11:11 »

Faye is just being a mugwhump right now.  i think she's in that point in facing her drinking problem where it's making her just extra grumpy.  No excuse really, but it does explain her sudden mood swings.

Claire is an unknown factor in her life at the moment.  Granted, she's Martens GF, which gets her in the door (so to speak) with Faye, but she's not really had much contact or dealings with her on a really personal level as she is now, so she's feeling defensive, probably another part of her current mood set after the 'Crash'.

Claire doesn't really know Faye all that well either, despite recent contact and what Marten may have shared with her, so she's not quite figured out how to properly react around her.  Then too, I don't thing Claire has had much in the way of social contact in the kind of context she's in now.  Granted, she's no Marigold, but neither is she used to that kind of contact and hasn't quite figured out the rules yet.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #306 on: 02 Apr 2015, 11:36 »

I do feel that this is going to build up to Marten standing up to Faye (in his own milquetoast way). While I get that you think it's never going to happen (given their history), Marten is eventually going to have to do so for Faye's own good. I recall him doing it before for other characters (I want to say he told her not to tease Hannelore, but I could have that wrong)

Probably thinking of Tai, library spiders and bibliodon's.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #307 on: 02 Apr 2015, 11:43 »

(I want to say he told her not to tease Hannelore, but I could have that wrong)

It's possible but all I remember is Marten telling Tai to stop making passes at Hannelore, and Angus telling Faye not to verbally bite Marigold.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #308 on: 02 Apr 2015, 12:13 »

Yes, it was definitely Angus who told her to stop teasing Marigold.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

CaptainFish

• Larger than most fish
  • GLUB
« Reply #309 on: 02 Apr 2015, 12:38 »

I was trying to find the strip where Dora keeps telling Faye to shut up leading up to the duct tape solution, but failed. :(

Khazgar

• Plantmonster
« Reply #310 on: 02 Apr 2015, 13:05 »

Missed most of the discussion on today's strip, but - I think Faye is in the wrong here. Claire was teasing her, and - maybe - doesn't have the social skills to know when she has gone a bit too far, but Faye's reaction goes way over impolite and rue and straight into aggressive. Jeph tried to make a joke about it, but her behaviour was out of line. I know she's struggling with alcoholism and all of her other problems, but that was just too much.

Be interesting to see what happens in tomorrow's strip - if I had been Marten I would have defended Claire, Faye has been doing what she wants for far too long and has already been called out on it (and fired) by Dora.

I still like Faye though - but alcoholism is not the only problem she has to deal with.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #311 on: 02 Apr 2015, 13:12 »

Um, wow. It was a joke. No need to take everything so damn literally.

Welcome to the internet, where people can't read your tone! I also saw the way you started off and thought 'Oh, for fuck's sake.'

Because most people who start off like that think their opinion is more than that, that it's the truth and these other dumbasses just can't see it.

As a part of the disagreeing group, you essentially seemed to be saying 'you don't get it, do ya, fuckface?'

Which is not conducive to an open discussion. Any time you want to set users into 'groups' and imagine them as 'other,' just... Don't mention it, because you're probably wrong.

Maybe not assume the worst of everyone, then? None of this would have been a thing if you had simply given me the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming I was trying to be a haughty asshole. I'm here to have fun; it's a comic. And yes, I become passionate when I have a "lightbulb" moment; it's not meant to alienate anyone or to make some other group feel like the "other". It's just my opinion.

Maybe you didn't notice, but I'm not the guy who made the comment you were referring to. I was just explaining how you were perceived.

Don't think you know what I'm thinking. That's what you did before, that's what you're doing now.

I'm glad you had a lightbulb moment, just frame it as it to you, not how you think it is to others.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #312 on: 02 Apr 2015, 13:13 »

So, Jeph's gone on an archive binge! I wonder why? Will Marten or Faye be recalling some unpleasant past embarrassments?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #313 on: 02 Apr 2015, 13:21 »

(mod)
Teaofdeath, chaospersonified:
* Is it cold in here? clears throat
(/)
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #314 on: 02 Apr 2015, 14:46 »

So, Jeph's gone on an archive binge! I wonder why? Will Marten or Faye be recalling some unpleasant past embarrassments?

He also posted this cat again. Which isn't related to the comic, but AHHH GET IT AWAY!

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #315 on: 02 Apr 2015, 14:50 »

I disagree with you here. Shitting in the sink, punching holes in the wall, and knocking out windows are all things that you should take responsibility for if it’s your guest that did those things. But “being an obnoxious ass”? Claire isn’t being an obnoxious ass. She went too far, and turned joshing into something that was too close to the bone, but that’s a lesson she has to learn, and here might be her place to learn it. Faye could stand to learn that lesson as well. I also don’t agree with your take on Marten here. I was actually pleased that he didn’t overreact, or jump to the defense of either Claire or Faye. This is a very complicated situation, and it’s probably best that Faye and Claire figure out how to understand each other in their own time.

Pushing well inside Faye's personal space, before breaking into her "Senpai noticed me" dance was obnoxious to say the least, and even Jeph said Claire was acting like a jerk when the dick sculpture was brought up. So when i say ass, i'm just saying the same thing, in a less polite, more blunt way. When taken in combination, she was being an obnoxious ass.

Thinking back on it, one of the problems i have with Claire (other than the vomit inducing sweetness of the Martin/Claire dates) is that she acts so very immature. The dancing, and not understanding personal space is the kind of thing i'd expect form someone who's at the end of middle school, or maybe in their freshman year of high school. Someone brought up a comparison between Claire, and her brother, and the characters form Gravity Falls; the thing is, those characters are what, 10 years old? By the time most siblings reach their mid teens they don't act like that anymore. I swear it's like Claire's social development stalled 2 weeks after her 14th birthday, and has been sitting there ever sense.

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #316 on: 02 Apr 2015, 14:53 »

He also posted this cat again. Which isn't related to the comic, but AHHH GET IT AWAY!

I love Spynx cats. Love them. But they are expensive. And absolute sweethearts. Petting them is a true joy.

Faye should get one. I think it would help her be a better person.

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #317 on: 02 Apr 2015, 14:58 »

Am I the only person who doesn't find that cat creepy? It's just a cat, right?

*does a dance*
I like sphinx cats
I like all cats
I like cats that boogie, boogie,

I like dancing cats
I like singing cats
I like cats that live with me, with me,

I like all cats
I like all cats
I like cats that are named cat...

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #318 on: 02 Apr 2015, 15:06 »

It's just a cat, right?

That's what it wants you to think.

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
« Reply #319 on: 02 Apr 2015, 15:13 »

Oh man, please tell me it's not...Randy?

And please tell me Randy isn't just covering for...the shame orb, because I don't think I could deal with that.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #320 on: 02 Apr 2015, 17:41 »

Understandable though Faye's actions may be, I think Valkygrrl is right about them.

I won't let it go to my head. Broken clock right twice a day and all that.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #321 on: 02 Apr 2015, 17:42 »

Once, if it's 24 hour type.

But if you're a broken digital clock, well...
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #322 on: 02 Apr 2015, 17:52 »

So...you don't want this tiara back?  Okay, I'll put it back on the shelf for later.

tangerinewarrior

• Not quite a lurker
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #323 on: 02 Apr 2015, 18:06 »

It's possible but all I remember is Marten telling Tai to stop making passes at Hannelore, and Angus telling Faye not to verbally bite Marigold.
Yes, it was definitely Angus who told her to stop teasing Marigold.

Ahh! Okay. Thanks for setting me straight- I couldn't remember who told Faye to behave, and there was no way that I could have found it in the archives. 
Also, what happened to Angus? Has he gone to New York for good now? Less than 10 days (actually, I think it may be less than a week) in comic time has passed since we last heard about him- I would think some one would have told him by now what happened to Faye.
When life gives you lemons, keep them, because Hey, free lemons.

Dale Carnegie

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #324 on: 02 Apr 2015, 18:16 »

So...you don't want this tiara back?  Okay, I'll put it back on the shelf for later.

Quote from: Liz_1
To be a king and wear a crown is a thing more glorious to them that see it than it is pleasant to them that bear it.

On the other hand.... Yes I shall accept the tiara.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #325 on: 02 Apr 2015, 18:50 »

On the other hand.... Yes I shall accept the tiara.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #326 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:13 »

At this time we shall accept your oaths of fealty.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #327 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:14 »

WELP. Clinton had his date.  :-D
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

PopuluxeCowboy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #328 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:19 »

I was trying to find the strip where Dora keeps telling Faye to shut up leading up to the duct tape solution, but failed. :(
By an incredible coincidence, I just happened to have reread that strip today.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1654

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #329 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:19 »

I can't wait to find out what happened. Is that an electrical outlet tattooed on his arm? And whose blood is that on his shirt?

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #330 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:21 »

Is that blood? I think it looks like bits of food.

PopuluxeCowboy

• Plantmonster
« Reply #331 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:26 »

A tattoo, a black eye, (I hope it's just) food all over his shirt, and abandoned by the side of the road. Sounds like an interesting date.

Zebediah

• I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #332 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:31 »

I think the punch line is going to be that he hasn't even made it to Emily's apartment yet to pick her up.  :-D

Also he is now in Maine.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #333 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:34 »

Considering how Wil and Pen-Pens, as well as Steve and Cosette's first dates went, Clinton got off fairly easy.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #334 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:34 »

I can't wait to find out what happened. Is that an electrical outlet tattooed on his arm? And whose blood is that on his shirt?

I'm not sure that is blood, the yellow in the same area makes me think of bile, so that could be some kind of food, or drink that came back up all over him. And yes the red inflammation does make me think that's a tattoo, but what i want to know is who gave him the black eye. I mean with that metal hand, even if he is scrawny he's got the equivalent of brass knuckles at the ready at all times. I've seen an 11 year old knock out someone a foot and a half taller, and twice his weight with with a pair of brass knuckles.

CaptainFish

• Larger than most fish
  • GLUB
« Reply #335 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:35 »

I forsee a Simpsons chowder waiter situation with Clinton's appearance. Somehow it's all self-inflicted, I sense it in my gut.

By an incredible coincidence, I just happened to have reread that strip today.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1654

:D Thanks a bunch!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #336 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:39 »

No, he's in Halifax.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

grez

• Plantmonster
« Reply #337 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:47 »

I didn't figure Clinton for the post-skinhead suspenders-and-docs type, but OK!

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #338 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:52 »

I'm not sure that is blood, the yellow in the same area makes me think of bile, so that could be some kind of food, or drink that came back up all over him. And yes the red inflammation does make me think that's a tattoo, but what i want to know is who gave him the black eye. I mean with that metal hand, even if he is scrawny he's got the equivalent of brass knuckles at the ready at all times. I've seen an 11 year old knock out someone a foot and a half taller, and twice his weight with with a pair of brass knuckles.

I was going to say Emily got frisky with a marker, but now that I notice the inflammation, yeah, my guess is tattoo.  Emily's shown enough interest in Mr. Robot Hand's robot hand, so maybe she started doodling with a marker, just to be cute, but the night escalated from there.  If it's a tattoo, I think it's kinda clever.

Still, those boots, the suspenders...is it just me, or is Clinton a young punk?

Edit: whoops, grez beat me to it.

grez

• Plantmonster
« Reply #339 on: 02 Apr 2015, 19:53 »

Maybe Claire helped him get cleaned up for his date... that would've been a priceless sequence for sure.

SomeCanadianWeirdo

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #340 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:07 »

I don't think that's a tattoo Clinton has on his arm, but a burn. 

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #341 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:20 »

Well, if it is a tattoo, it'd support the theory that that's vomit on his shirt (as I imagine he'd have to be pretty drunk to willingly get one, especially one of a light socket).

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #342 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:26 »

Dang
oh god

tywren

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #343 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:29 »

Maybe if it where some kind of branding, like if the image where applied with a soldering iron, but if you're thinking some kind of electrical burn due to short with a wall socket, all the skin in the area would be slogging off in one big sheet

Well, if it is a tattoo, it'd support the theory that that's vomit on his shirt (as I imagine he'd have to be pretty drunk to willingly get one, especially one of a light socket).

And or pain induced shock. either one could cause him to vomit.

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #344 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:29 »

Dang

Is that a Daaaaaaang dang or just a dang dang?  Because, stains and black eye aside, I think that's a pretty good look for Clinton.

Daaaaaaang

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #345 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:30 »

Clinton's diary. April 2nd, somewhere between 2004 and 2015.

First date went better than usual!

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #346 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:32 »

Clinton's diary. April 2nd, somewhere between 2004 and 2015.

First date went better than usua expected!

You're assuming he's had a date before, unless I'm forgetting a strip  :-D

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #347 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:33 »

That was my take, too.

An electrical burn, vomit, a black eye, and I'm pretty sure those aren't his boots (honestly, who rolls up their pants to wear their own boots? Nobody, they buy pants that fit over them)

Warning - while you were typing 134438 new replies have been posted. You may wish to type faster, you make a slow loris look like Sonic the Hedgehog.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #348 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:34 »

Remember this comic? The title was "Faceplant At The Finish." Could have been foreshadowing.

I'm thinking from the general disheveled look and the black eye that that's dirt from the ground on his shirt. Did he get pushed out of a vehicle? Dragged somewhere? Got mistaken for an android and someone tried to plug him in? The government decided tonight was the night to arrest Emily for the spy satellite fiasco, and Clinton got in the way? Emily decided to introduce Clinton to a family of muskrats?

Not a good night for the Augustus family, it seems.

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #349 on: 02 Apr 2015, 20:44 »

An electrical burn, vomit, a black eye, and I'm pretty sure those aren't his boots (honestly, who rolls up their pants to wear their own boots? Nobody, they buy pants that fit over them)

I went looking for a previous image of Clinton's footwear, and found this: http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2425

I think those are his usual shoes. No idea why his pants are rolled up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up