THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 08 May 2024, 06:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shipping News  (Read 6059 times)

rookyoftheyear

Shipping News
« on: 04 May 2005, 14:04 »

never really heard anything from this band till I saw them this past saturday. they played a show with hot cross, breather resist, and melt banana. I was surprise to find out that some of the members lived in the same city I was from. they are a pretty good band, but they're more of the kind of band I would listen to at home when i'm trying to relax, not the kind I would want to see in concert. what made things worse was that they played after breather resist and before melt banana, so what happen was that breather resist played a really good set with alot of energy, then shipping news came on and sucked the energy out of me, then melt banana played and put the energy right back into me.

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
Shipping News
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2005, 14:50 »

I was really hoping that this was an appreciation thread for the actual shipping news on Radio 4, but now I realise it isn't, I have nothing to contribute whatsoever, having not heard them.
Sorry for those 3.5 seconds you just wasted reading this.

blindsuperhero

Shipping News
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2005, 15:36 »

Cromarty, Forth, Tyne, Dogger...North Utsire, South Utsire...

Gotta love it!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
Shipping News
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2005, 17:25 »

Yeah, but they were better before Finisterre left.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
Shipping News
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2005, 18:41 »

Shipping News, Hot Cross, Breather-Resist and Melt-Banana at one gig? Fuck me, that's an amazing line-up. The weakest band there is Breather-Resist and they're still pretty damn good. Personally I like it when line-ups go all over the place (the gig I'm putting on next week includes indie, grind, screamo, art rock and metal), but that's just my taste. Check out 'Very Soon, And In Pleasant Company' it's a lovely album. Haven't played it in a while actually, I'll have to dig it out.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Revenge_Therapist

Shipping News
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2005, 11:25 »

The aren't too bad. Popped a track foprm Itunes on the pod and loved. I would preder if dude stopped singing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up