THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Jun 2024, 09:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 794343 times)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #4150 on: 03 Aug 2011, 04:19 »

You can order beads online. I'd think your piercing would be okay for a couple days as long as you check it every once in a while to make sure it doesn't catch on the seam between the sides of the ring.

There's no piercing studio anywhere near you? That's poop.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #4151 on: 03 Aug 2011, 18:26 »

Oh hai guys.  Sorry I can't hear you over my amazing Pokemon tea party tramp stamp I got just before I left Vegas.  <3

Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #4152 on: 03 Aug 2011, 19:30 »

Jodiiiie you should totally show the artist!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4153 on: 03 Aug 2011, 20:00 »

Jodie, that is an Awesome Tattoo.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #4154 on: 04 Aug 2011, 18:33 »

Pikachu with a moustache is The Best Pikachu.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #4155 on: 07 Aug 2011, 19:06 »

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4156 on: 06 Dec 2011, 22:28 »

Well, I'm not sure about bumping this, and I know it says tattoo but it seems to have become about mods in general.

Not that anyone cares, but I have my left nostril and septum pierced. I want more but I'm kinda scared.
Josie's on a vacation far away, come around and talk it over
so many things that I wanna say, you know I like my girls a little bit older
I just wanna use your love tonight--I don't wanna lose your love tonight

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #4157 on: 07 Dec 2011, 03:45 »

I might be getting a tattoo for Christmas. I've got the design ready, have done for near two years now but the best tattoo place I can get to is a two hour bus journey.

I've heard someone started a parlour in a town over but I've discussed this current design with the two hour away place a lot so I trust them to get it right. Don't want to start the whole process again with a guy who's just starting out.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4158 on: 07 Dec 2011, 04:29 »

Not that anyone cares, but I have my left nostril and septum pierced. I want more but I'm kinda scared.

I care, I love septum piercings and would like to see pics.

I might be getting a tattoo for Christmas. I've got the design ready, have done for near two years now but the best tattoo place I can get to is a two hour bus journey.

I've heard someone started a parlour in a town over but I've discussed this current design with the two hour away place a lot so I trust them to get it right. Don't want to start the whole process again with a guy who's just starting out.
The journey is worth it. I used to live a short walk (literally, just down the street then turn a corner) from a tattoo shop and I went in once, I didn't like the general feel of the place and as such, I ended bicycling to a place that was about 5-6 miles away from my home and I've had 4 tattoos done there. I presently live next door to a guy who does tattoos and is super bro-tier and I could easily get a tattoo for 75% of the price I'd pay at the shop I'm used to, but he does coke sometimes and so I am kinda unsure about going that route. Might get something simple from him to see how he is?

In other news: stretching my right ear to 1g/7.3mm so I can have my 0g/8mm titanium tunnels in before I head back to Phoenix. I was able to stretch the left ear the last weekend of november but the right ear gave me trouble. Its only like .8mm difference between 2g and 1g.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4159 on: 07 Dec 2011, 05:41 »

Took a hot shower, got it in with minimal issue, at first I didn't think it was gonna go, but then it just popped right in like a football star and the prom queen.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4160 on: 07 Dec 2011, 09:34 »

Oooh I haven't posted my newly stretched lobes here yet...

The bottom piercing is now 7/8". I'm so close to my goal of 1" :D
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4161 on: 07 Dec 2011, 10:20 »

I care, I love septum piercings and would like to see pics.

ERROR: Too shy.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4162 on: 07 Dec 2011, 12:24 »

Just take a picture of your nose!

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4163 on: 07 Dec 2011, 14:45 »

My nose is too shy.  :-D

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4164 on: 07 Dec 2011, 17:04 »

Can't be any worse than my big ol' Jew nose...

Just dooo eeet

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4165 on: 07 Dec 2011, 17:07 »

To be honest, I've been wearing my retainer in it since it was pierced almost a year ago. So there's not really anything that great to see.

Maybe when I get some nice jewelry...

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4166 on: 07 Dec 2011, 17:19 »

I had my nose pierced once. For about 62 hours.

It changed the course of my entire life. No exaggeration.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4167 on: 07 Dec 2011, 17:29 »

I want more piercings. :(

I've been having health issues so I've been holding off on it, but I feel like I'm well enough now that I can get something on one of my ears.

I'm nervous about piercing my cartilage for the first time. I know it's really going to hurt a lot.

Juxtaposition

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4168 on: 07 Dec 2011, 18:18 »

Well, it hurts for a bit but you get to keep the piercing forever, right?

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4169 on: 07 Dec 2011, 18:33 »

I always get so nervous when I go into the piercing/tattoo place. I feel so awkward. For some reason I just get super nervous. It's so silly. So it's not just the pain but also the awkwardness of setting foot in there.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4170 on: 07 Dec 2011, 19:33 »

A lot of people do - you're not alone there, not by far. I passed out for both my septum and labret. I did okay with my third ear piercings, done in a studio, because it was after a hospital stay that involved a METRIC FUCK TON of blood being stolen from me by needle every four hours. So I handled needles a whole lot better than I ever had before. Plus the girl doing them, my friend Amanda, had big boobs and a low cut shirt :evil:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4171 on: 07 Dec 2011, 19:37 »

I was not bothered at all when I got my ears done. I have no problems with needles, though. Also the people at the parlors I've been to have always been super cool.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #4172 on: 07 Dec 2011, 19:38 »

My wife has a few tats, meaningful to her.  Not my cup o' tea, but I'm pretty hairy, so I don't think I want anything you'd have to shave to see.  

And no, I'm not getting anything on the visible part that's not hairy (my scalp).  

Or any of the other non-hairy parts...  :psyduck:

My left ear's been pierced since '78, with a simple gold hoop.  It was the year my brothers and I won our division in the Molson's cup regatta under a pirate flag, and we all had it done.  I'm the only one who kept it all these years... they all got respectable jobs.  I went to grad school and became a professor.  I think I've changed the ring... twice in the last 33 years?  

Most people don't even notice it.  But back in the day, it was pretty radical!  
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4173 on: 07 Dec 2011, 19:53 »

My heart was literally pounding when I walked in to get my septum done.

My mouth dried up. It's probably my social anxiety more than anything. *sigh*

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #4174 on: 08 Dec 2011, 13:16 »

The journey is worth it. I used to live a short walk (literally, just down the street then turn a corner) from a tattoo shop and I went in once, I didn't like the general feel of the place and as such, I ended bicycling to a place that was about 5-6 miles away from my home and I've had 4 tattoos done there. I presently live next door to a guy who does tattoos and is super bro-tier and I could easily get a tattoo for 75% of the price I'd pay at the shop I'm used to, but he does coke sometimes and so I am kinda unsure about going that route. Might get something simple from him to see how he is?

I think the journey is worth it but it's hard to justify it when it costs a tenner to bus up. I'll be learning to drive soon so

I remember the night before getting my second tattoo. First one was one of those crappy "five-year" ones which I'm gonna probably get done over some time. The second was proper and the night before I was freaking out but was so glad when I was getting it done. Then when I was getting it I remember near passing out and begging the woman to let me lie down. It's just a small interrobang, no more than two inches on my inner forearm but damn, that rush of brain chemicals was so scary and so awesome.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #4175 on: 08 Dec 2011, 13:59 »

Also, inner forarm is a sensitive area - lots o' nerve endings. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4176 on: 08 Dec 2011, 23:14 »

fuck yeah punctuation tattoos! I have a question mark and exclamation point on opposide sides of the front of my chest.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4177 on: 09 Dec 2011, 04:02 »

I just did six hours with my artist today. My right arm is now 90% complete. I'm in stingy agony. Also I just flew to a different state to get it done so yeah, two hours ain't a thing at all.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4178 on: 09 Dec 2011, 04:07 »

Oh god getting my inner forearm done is hands down the worst thing thats ever happened to me and I've ruptured my eardrums.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #4179 on: 09 Dec 2011, 04:16 »

I always get so nervous when I go into the piercing/tattoo place. I feel so awkward. For some reason I just get super nervous. It's so silly. So it's not just the pain but also the awkwardness of setting foot in there.

If it is a nice piercing place you shouldn't have to worry about being awkward. When I got my lip pierced I was so scared I thought I was going to throw up the food my boyfriend had made me eat. He knew, however, that I really wanted this done so he just pushed me gently until I was in the piercing studio. I was still freaking out, but committed myself by that point. Without him I would probably still be debating getting my lip done, and my tattoo, rather than planning my next ones. I used to be super nervous going in and talking to the guys there and only just started being comfortable. For ages I thought they would look down on me because i only had a few piercings compared to them, but then I went in and was freaking out because my lip swelled up suddenly and the guy there was really calm and reassuring that I realised that he didn't give a shit about anything like that. So yeah, nervousness when getting metal shoved through you is perfectly normal. Awkwardness is also normal when going to those places. Chill! Get more piercings! Embrace that shit and take photos and show them off!

I want another tattoo, guys. I want a halfsleeve of roses on my left arm and I want them to not look like vaginas and I want it NOW. The problem is that I don't really know what kind of style I want (well, i know I want kinda traditional, with the bold outlines) and I don't know where I want to go and I don't really have the money. It took me forever to get my first one and I want this so bad I feel like I'm going to burst if I don't get it soon. I also want another piercing, but that will at least have to wait until after christmas to see how my finances are going and build up my courage a bit more.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4180 on: 09 Dec 2011, 05:50 »

I don't know if this is "traditional" but look at how roses are done in Mexican art and for Dia de los Muertos. I don't think that they get that vagina-like look.

Welu

• Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
« Reply #4181 on: 09 Dec 2011, 07:44 »

Here's the tattoo. Sorry for the crappy photo. This was soon after I got it, right before it scabbed over. I can't find my camera right now.

The only time it got really sore was when she was doing the outline near the inside of my elbow, which was when I felt like passing out. :mrgreen: I need to get it redone.

Note: I really am that pale.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4182 on: 09 Dec 2011, 12:49 »

For ages I thought they would look down on me because i only had a few piercings compared to them, but then I went in and was freaking out because my lip swelled up suddenly and the guy there was really calm and reassuring that I realised that he didn't give a shit about anything like that. So yeah, nervousness when getting metal shoved through you is perfectly normal. Awkwardness is also normal when going to those places. Chill! Get more piercings! Embrace that shit and take photos and show them off!
The guy that did my ears was super-bro tier. He looked like this badass biker style dude, but then he was just really soft spoken and chill. When my septum closed up some, I went in and one of the other piercers was making jokes as she put long ass tapers into my nose to re-open the hole.

Also my tattoo artist, my girlfriend and I were playing the hug game (where you replace part of a band's name with hug. Don't get started we did it for like 5 pages on these forums before) while my ribs were getting done.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4183 on: 09 Dec 2011, 13:01 »

Death Hug for Cutie

My piercer was a really nice lady. She had a cupcake implant in one hand and an ice cream cone in the other as well as a bagillion other tattoos and piercings. She was also very pregnant. Like, I'm pretty sure she was a week away from giving birth. But she was rad and I mostly remember her implants because I was staring at them the whole time thinking, "I'm getting pierced by a cupcake."

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4184 on: 09 Dec 2011, 15:00 »

Oh god getting my inner forearm done is hands down the worst thing thats ever happened to me and I've ruptured my eardrums.

Wait. Not inner forearm. The other one. Inner bicep.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4185 on: 09 Dec 2011, 15:26 »

Actually yeah, my inner forearm was nothing. The part of my tattoo that was inner bicep, and the little divet on the inside of the elbow, THOSE sucked.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #4186 on: 09 Dec 2011, 16:47 »

What is a cupcake implant? Is it actual cake, embedded in your arm?
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4187 on: 09 Dec 2011, 17:01 »

Silicon shaped like a cupcake implanted under the skin.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Subdermal_Implant
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4188 on: 09 Dec 2011, 17:06 »

Wow, that is weird. I never heard of cupcake implants.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4189 on: 09 Dec 2011, 17:18 »

I did a GIS and this popped up and I'm pretty sure those might actually be my piercer's hands. It didn't say on the sight, though, so I have no idea.

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4190 on: 09 Dec 2011, 17:20 »

I looked it up too and it said it was some guy, so I don't think so, lol.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4191 on: 09 Dec 2011, 17:22 »

Regardless, those are what her implants looked like.

questionablecontentfan

• Beyoncé
  • bed head
« Reply #4192 on: 09 Dec 2011, 20:38 »

I don't really know what I want to get pierced next.  :?

I don't look very pierced at a casual glance, probably because I'm really not that pierced. I might consider my lip if it wasn't for my stupid job.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #4193 on: 09 Dec 2011, 21:28 »

For some reason I have been thinking about getting a septum piercing, like a bull ring. I don't know why, but it's been popping into my head

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4194 on: 09 Dec 2011, 21:33 »

Maybe 'cause they're awesome? But I have to admit that I'm irrationally pissed off by people calling it a bull ring. No good reason for it, though.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4195 on: 09 Dec 2011, 21:34 »

...which I suppose would be why it is irrational.

Juxtaposition

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4196 on: 09 Dec 2011, 21:37 »

I really want to get  a tattoo of some local flora done over my collarbone/upper chest area. I've always thought that tattoos look great there, and I grew up spending a lot of time in the woods in Oregon, so it would be something I'd probably always be comforted by and enjoy having on my body.

For instance:

http://www.robtillyer.com/Landscapes/Oregon-Coast/i-9k7QjXM/0/XL/20Sep2011Oregon3848-as-Sword-XL.jpg

https://sharepoint.cahnrs.wsu.edu/blogs/urbanhort/Lists/Photos/Bird%20friendly/red%20huckleberry.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eB7-JQjTzu4/TZDPe0AkH-I/AAAAAAAAACU/qaiEzlAGOeY/s1600/wood-sorrel.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/3632526046_0424539c1f.jpg

http://arcticrose.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/salmonberry-bw.jpg
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2011, 21:47 by Juxtaposition »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4197 on: 09 Dec 2011, 21:45 »

Are you a lady?
YES/NO
YES: Please don't get a tattoo there, it doesn't look as good as you think it does.
NO: Please don't get a tattoo there, unless you are in a scenecore/crabcore/christcore band

Juxtaposition

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #4198 on: 09 Dec 2011, 21:50 »

I am, and I think it looks good on other girls. (Note: I am the kind of lady who is also attracted to other girls. Not sure if you believe that to change the value of my judgement in either direction.)

I've seen bad tattoos in that area, but I've seen awesome ones too. I think that tattoos decorating/emphasizing the breasts sometimes don't look that tasteful, but higher up tattoos that emphasize collarbones and upper arms, with the right lines to them, are pretty awesome. Collarbones are awesome!

Edit: It took me most of a page of truly awful pictures on google, but I found one that sort of has the feel of what I'm trying to describe. There's some tacky stuff out there. That's definitely not what I meant. 

http://www.girlstattoosgallery.com/2011-small-tattoo-for-women-designs.html/small-bird-tattoo-on-chest

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4199 on: 09 Dec 2011, 22:01 »

I think they can look pretty darn awesome if done right.

For example, a lady I used to work with:

Of course she has no decent pics of the damn thing.. but it's a medusa thingy.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 97   Go Up