THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Jun 2024, 15:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 794580 times)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #4350 on: 16 Jun 2012, 18:50 »

Is that like a foreign word or something?

(pronounced Muh-nah-tey)?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4351 on: 16 Jun 2012, 19:04 »

I can't tell if that's an honest question or not  :psyduck:

In case it is, break it down into two words - Man Hate.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4352 on: 16 Jun 2012, 19:07 »

it was MANHATE or MISANDRY (at which point I decided my roller derby name, if I ever actually take up derby, is Miss Andry)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #4353 on: 20 Jun 2012, 23:22 »

This isn't my tattoo; it's my friend's, but it's so cool I felt the need to share it and I'm sure she won't mind:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i251/darastrix_photos/P6095312.jpg

I've always been fond of celtic art.  Were I ever to get a tatoo, it would involve knotwork (my doctoral thesis was on an obscure corner of knot theory). 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #4354 on: 21 Jun 2012, 16:37 »

Finally got round to taking a photo of the one I got back in April.

It scabbed quite a bit on the top so gonna get that fixed up. Very happy otherwise though. Also enjoy the edge of some of my stretchmarks.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • fuck the secret sauce I'm gothalicious with cheese
« Reply #4355 on: 14 Jul 2012, 16:31 »

First tattoo :D
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #4356 on: 14 Jul 2012, 16:44 »

Bear? 

definitely not dog or cat...

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4357 on: 14 Jul 2012, 19:45 »

Ferret named Waffle.
what she said was sad, but then, all the rejections she's had, to pretend to be happy could only be idiocy

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #4358 on: 15 Jul 2012, 02:26 »

Cute!
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

ackblom12

« Reply #4359 on: 16 Jul 2012, 04:21 »

Everyone who is interested at all in piercings should definitely watch this video.

Good Jewelry vs. Bad Jewelry

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4360 on: 16 Jul 2012, 04:35 »

While informative, I'm kinda sad it's only about metal jewelry.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

ackblom12

« Reply #4361 on: 04 Sep 2012, 17:02 »

Papersatan

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #4362 on: 04 Sep 2012, 19:23 »

Guess who has a birthday soon? :-D
[12:07] ackblom12: hi again honey
[12:08] ackblom12: I'm tired of lookin at that ugly little face

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #4363 on: 04 Sep 2012, 20:10 »

Damn, those are nice!  But the mismatching eyes would bug the crap out of me...

ackblom12

« Reply #4364 on: 04 Sep 2012, 20:11 »

I'd be tempted to fix it with some of my miniature paints to be honest.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4365 on: 04 Sep 2012, 22:03 »

WHY ARE YOUR PAINTS SO SMALL? BUY REGULAR SIZED PAINTS STEVE THEY WILL WORK JUST AS WELL

Zingoleb

« Reply #4366 on: 04 Sep 2012, 22:58 »

Oh, wow, they have them in 2s and 0s. I'm surprised.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #4367 on: 05 Sep 2012, 04:49 »

OK, waitaminute;  Plug gauges, they're like wire gauges, with smaller numbers meaning bigger diameters?  Or are 0's the little ones?

I know, I could look it up, but it's early, and I only know from wiring houses - 12 gauge wire is for high load circuits because it's heavier than 14 gauge wire...

Papersatan

« Reply #4368 on: 05 Sep 2012, 05:42 »

Same as wire: bigger numbers are smaller.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4369 on: 05 Sep 2012, 07:37 »

Above 00 gauge they're generally measured by inch or millimeter, though.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4370 on: 05 Sep 2012, 10:25 »

They don't have them in 4s. Infinite sadness.  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Though, I do have these owls, and they don't have wonky eyes, so I guess maybe only temporary infinite sadness.

Also, these three plugs are cute as well, though also not available in my size. Back to infinite sadness.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Zingoleb

« Reply #4371 on: 05 Sep 2012, 11:21 »

I'm planning on getting another set of holes in my lobes and having one set at 0s and the other at like...maybe 8s? Because I see a lot of things I like in completely different styles that come around those sizes. Has anyone else here done something similar? (I imagine the larger one would be more used for pretty plugs and the 8 for more intricate dangly stuff I see, but I *have* seen some cute tiny plugs and some thicker danglies I liked)

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4372 on: 05 Sep 2012, 11:48 »

I have three piercings in each lobe; 1 inch, 8g, and 18g. I love the look and it's nice having lots of options in either of the larger sizes. The smallest ones are for regular earrings.

Zingoleb

« Reply #4373 on: 05 Sep 2012, 12:46 »

I'm planning on getting a pair of silicone plugs I can punch the earrings through for regular ones.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4374 on: 06 Sep 2012, 04:58 »

I had some pretty stone plugs when I was at 10g, as well as some nice bone spirals. There's usually more options for larger sizes, but you can still find some nice smaller things, you just have to look a little harder.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig
« Reply #4375 on: 06 Sep 2012, 06:23 »

Neko, I would absolutely love to see your ears. Would you post pics? And that is such a bizarre statement and makes me sound super creepy.

I've never really had the urge to stretch my lobes (plus, for some odd reason, my body does not like piercings even if I take care of them obsessively), but I adore looking at them. Plugs are so fucking cool.

Also....

WHY ARE YOUR PAINTS SO SMALL? BUY REGULAR SIZED PAINTS STEVE THEY WILL WORK JUST AS WELL

LMFAO
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4376 on: 06 Sep 2012, 06:51 »

Are you allergic to any metals? When I was younger my piercings would never heal with jewelry in them, so I had to take them out, and then I found out it was because I had a nickel allergy. I really wanted piercings as an adult, so a few years ago I did some research and got my ears pierced at 10g and had them put in glass plugs. I had no problems whatsoever with them healing, though the one ear that had the worst infections when I was younger did take a few weeks longer to fully heal than the other. I've never had an infection with glass, stone, or wood and the only thing that has bothered me has been black o-rings, so if I need o-rings I use the clear instead.

Your body may just not like having foreign objects in it, but it could also be an allergy, which is solved easily enough!

Basically I am being an enabler. :D

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4377 on: 06 Sep 2012, 06:58 »

Here it is with all steel jewelry. The three piercings are actually in a straight line, but the backs of the jewelry made them sit funny in this pic. The conch is 8g right now, though I'm considering stretching it.

Titanium is a good metal to use for piercings as well. Much less likely to irritate.

lepetitfromage

• addicted to the shindig
« Reply #4378 on: 06 Sep 2012, 11:15 »

Oooooooh, preeety :-)

Linds- to be honest, I'm not sure. I got my lobes pierced when I was younger and never really had a problem with them (even when I wear cheapy stuff), but it seems that anything in a higher gauge doesn't work for whatever reason. I got my nose pierced and it gave me so many issues. It would never stay put and I think I must have gotten it caught on something in my sleep because I remember it tearing a bit to the point where the ring got all wobbly. Plus, I have allergies....so when Spring came along, it was just a huge pain in the ass. It killed me to let that one close up because it was so fucking painful to get done. It hurt worse than any of my tattoos! lol I'm getting a little light headed just thinking about it. I also had a 14g industrial and had some issues with the lower piercing (the top one was totally fine). I thought it might have been because my ears are a little wonky and the bar just didn't sit the way it was supposed to. I felt...tension? I think that's the best way to describe it.

I think it might just be bad luck lol
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4379 on: 06 Sep 2012, 11:23 »

Both of those issues can be explained by either incorrect jewelry or a bad piercer. Generally, larger gauges heal with less complications.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4380 on: 06 Sep 2012, 11:50 »

Also cartilage and noses are notoriously harder to heal than a lobe. Cartilage because it's not just flesh and noses because of all the bacteria inside the nose and out (from touching your face, etc.).

ackblom12

« Reply #4381 on: 07 Sep 2012, 14:47 »

So about 5 years ago, Howie of LunaCobra in Toronto, did the first Sclarea (the whites of the eyes) coloring and I think I've had enough time to decide 100% that I want it done. Here are some examples that I took/stole from Modblog (VERY NSFW). Shannon is back and posting if anyone here is familiar with him.

http://imgur.com/a/SqlJl#0

And here is the original procedure blog entry.

http://news.bmezine.com/2007/07/02/three-blind-mice/

The colors I'm considering are either light orange, red or dark/light green. Got some pretty heavy leaning to a darker green currently, but it's a good 18 months out at least, so I got time to make a final decision. The procedure is done via an injection between the other layer of the eye and the sclarea, the whites of the eyes. The procedure is a bit dangerous just due to it involving the eye, but if done properly it won't have any effect on the vision of the person receiving it.

bainidhe_dub

• Scrabble hacker
    • tumblr
« Reply #4382 on: 08 Sep 2012, 06:16 »

That looks goddamn terrifying. Both the procedure and the effect. Holy shit.
I am lurking so hard right now. You have no idea.

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4383 on: 08 Sep 2012, 08:17 »

I love seeing the eye tattoo pics Shannon always posts. I follow him on facebook and he always has something interesting to say.

I could never do it myself, but I do think tattooed eyes look awesome. Why did you choose those colors?

I've decided that I really want my tongue split. No idea how I will accomplish that, though.

Papersatan

« Reply #4384 on: 08 Sep 2012, 09:40 »

I have to confess that I am struggling with this, more than I have with any of Steve's other modifications.  My previous objections have been mostly health based: What if something goes wrong, we don't have health insurance and you might be institutionalized if we have to seek care for this thing you did to yourself.   The eyes are different.  They eyes will drastically change the way Stephen looks.  This makes me nervous for two reasons. 

One is I am afraid that I won't handle it well.  I like the way Stephen's eyes look.  I like gazing into them and saying mushy things.  I am worried that the change will be off putting, and I will avoid eye contact.  I am sure I will come to terms with it though. 

My other concern is more pragmatic.  I had told Steve he can't do this until I get a career, and that is not just a matter of affording it, but also because I think that getting this done is resigning himself to unemployment.  As a huge believer in one's right to do what they want to their body, and as someone with a non-traditional look, I feel bad about this, but I can only see a very limited number of jobs that would be ok with his eyes.  Even if it doesn't effect his work performance, he wil have trouble with interviews. 

Our plan has been for some time, that I would be the primary earner but I am worried that we have over-estimated my future earning potential and nervous about Stephen's well being if he is just trapped at home forever.  I am also worried that if I do end up changing my hair color to get a job, particularly one I don't love, that I will be bitter that Stephen got to have his modifications and I had to give mine up.

I know he has made up his mind, and I know from the past that once he does it is a matter of when and not if, and philosophically I support that.  It is his body, he should absolutely have the right to do what he wants with it and the eyes will look bad-ass.  I just need more time to adjust to it.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #4385 on: 08 Sep 2012, 21:06 »

And you'll never be able to tell when he gets jaundice... [/flippant]

In all seriousness, you make a pretty good argument.  He certainly would have a hard time getting a job working with the public.  I was trying to think of jobs where it doesn't matter, and one of the only ones I can think of are working online.  I have taught online for two different schools, and tutor online.  All my interviews were by phone, and I never met any of my coworkers or students face-to-face.  I could've had horns for all it mattered. 

On the other hand, when my dad found out I'd lost another job, the first suggestion he made to me when we were alone was to "lose the fucking earring!".  (It's a small, simple gold hoop I've had since '84).  "Nobody's going to take you seriously!". 

Of course, he's 79...

ackblom12

« Reply #4386 on: 08 Sep 2012, 21:12 »

That looks goddamn terrifying. Both the procedure and the effect. Holy shit.

Well, I've had LASIK so I don't think it'll be that bad honestly. Outside of being totally unable to keep my eyelids open when things come near them, I don't really have an eye thing.

I could never do it myself, but I do think tattooed eyes look awesome. Why did you choose those colors?

Mainly, I would love to get them done in black, but I have a light hazel iris, so I don't think it would mesh well. If I had blue or greyer, I'd be all over it. As it is I want a more complimentary color to go with it. The warmer colors are quite nice, but a dark green would go quite well with it I think. So I guess mostly it's aesthetic. I have some slightly more personal and harder to explain reasons for doing modification in general, but aesthetics is always a part of it.

I've decided that I really want my tongue split. No idea how I will accomplish that, though.

Well, where bouts in the country do you live?

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4387 on: 09 Sep 2012, 13:21 »

I'm in Baltimore, and can't travel particularly far as I don't drive. Do you know if anyone does them with lasers at this point, or only scalpels?

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #4388 on: 09 Sep 2012, 14:06 »

If I recall it is very difficult to get it legally done in the US because it counts as mutilation/torture so the practitioner could go to jail for it. Obv Steve can confirm if this is the case or if that was a state law and not a federal one.

Papersatan

« Reply #4389 on: 09 Sep 2012, 14:11 »

In many places it can be prosecuted as either assault (and the "victim" by admission of consenting, shows themselves incompetent to consent) or as practicing medicine, dispite not tryign to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease.

ackblom12

« Reply #4390 on: 09 Sep 2012, 14:19 »

No one I know of in MD, no. The cost of getting it done by LASER is ridiculously expensive as well, in the $2k - $3k range, as well as ridiculously difficult to find someone who will do it, so it's hard for me to recommend it. I'd highly suggest just looking into getting a train or bus to NYC. If you do that, take a friend with you, get your tongue done and spend one or two nights over in NYC, it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper. You'll also have someone to tell you to stop whining and feed you popsicles and give you IbProufen.

Contact Brian Decker at Pure Body Arts via email, just remember to mention that you've been part of the BME community for a while and if you have one, link your IAM, or better yet just PM him through IAM if you can, and be patient if he tells you he doesn't do the procedure. I might be able to vouch for you through IAM if need be since he's done the procedure on myself.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2012, 14:25 by ackblom12 »

Zingoleb

« Reply #4391 on: 09 Sep 2012, 14:23 »

I would totally second Brian Decker. I've talked to him a few times because I fucking love his scarification work, and he's a pretty cool guy, actually.

ackblom12

« Reply #4392 on: 09 Sep 2012, 14:34 »

Aye, the man is very very good at what he does and is also very good at putting you at ease before and during the procedure.

There are other folks I could recommend, but they'd require a hell of a lot more travel or hoping they make a trip out your way at some point.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4393 on: 10 Sep 2012, 05:28 »

I carved a few words into my arm recently (that counts for the tattoo thread, right?), now I'm afraid the scars are fading pretty quickly. Do any of you know how to redo them to make it more permanent? I've been reading online about it (after the fact, silly me) but maybe some of you have practical experience with that kind of body modification?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4394 on: 10 Sep 2012, 08:24 »

Steve, even though I think they look terrifying and oh my god needles in the eye, black would be bad. Ass. You would be terrifying as FUCK but it would look cool. Green would also look cool...the red just makes people look like they're eyes are really bloodshot and they're sick or something.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #4395 on: 10 Sep 2012, 08:49 »

I carved a few words into my arm recently (that counts for the tattoo thread, right?), now I'm afraid the scars are fading pretty quickly. Do any of you know how to redo them to make it more permanent? I've been reading online about it (after the fact, silly me) but maybe some of you have practical experience with that kind of body modification?

My suggestion would have been to find someone that does body modifications such as scarification professionally and get them to do it, but I don't know how you can "re-do" a scar. I'm always a bit iffy on home-made mods and I still hold that the internet is not a great place to find answers for this kind of thing.

Something to keep in mind though is your skin type. Not everybody scars the same way. Some have skin that creates large, purplish bumpy scars and others have skin that allows scars to fade to next-to-nothingness.

Steve: I think the orange looks good, but I do think dark green would go better with hazel eyes (maybe?). Also needles in your eyes, dude. Needles in your eyes. I've been tempted by suspension and tongue splitting, but I have a really weird thing about my eyes being touched and find this kind of thing gives me goosebumps and makes me want to go sit in a corner for a bit. Still, if I know anyone that'd be able to cope with getting this done it'd probably be you, man.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

nekowafer

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4396 on: 12 Sep 2012, 05:39 »

Oh hey so I looked into it and I still have an IAM account! I had one on the old system for something like ten years and I didn't know if they'd transferred it to the new one. I haven't yet explored the new system so I don't know if you can add friends or what... but if anyone wants to find me my username is, as usual, nekowafer.

ackblom12

« Reply #4397 on: 17 Sep 2012, 00:10 »

IAM is... well, it exists. It does it's job in whatever half-assed poorly coded way it can. I'm not sure what's changed in the last year or not, but I do know it's a lot more sparse than it was 4 - 5 years ago.

Mostly I agree with Thomas there, but from what I recall of aftercare usually involved (not sure if this has changed in the last year or two) irritating the shit out of it 1 - 2 times a day. Lemon Juice, scrubbing the wound with a toothbrush, salt rubs and various other forms of painful sounding "aftercare". The whole point is to keep your body from healing it properly, so it's basically a lot of shit that you shouldn't be doing. Just don't take my word for gospel here, this is something a professional should really be helping you with and Scarifications are a particularly nasty thing to have problems with.
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2012, 00:32 by ackblom12 »

ackblom12

« Reply #4398 on: 17 Sep 2012, 02:57 »

Oh also, Pangea released a new informative video talking about glass jewelry.

Honestly, I'd suggest taking a look at more of their videos. They have some pretty great interviews as well.

Edit: Fuck it, they have 4 of them for jewelry types. Here's all of them.

Metal Jewelry:

Plastic Jewdery:

Wood Jewelry:

« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2012, 03:25 by ackblom12 »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4399 on: 17 Sep 2012, 04:59 »

I remember the good versus bad being a good video, so I'll have to watch the others. I hope they put one out for stone jewelry, too, since that's mostly what I've been wearing.

I really need to get some clear o-rings... I've been wearing the same plugs for almost a year because the black ones irritate my skin, so I can't stretch back up to a 4 and wear all of my good stuff. MEH. I guess I could order them online, but paying shipping for o-rings just seems silly.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 97   Go Up