THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 07 Jun 2024, 13:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 794499 times)

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #2250 on: 24 Mar 2009, 18:37 »

That is because respectable men wear shoes.

I have quite a few scars. I've been thinking of maybe connecting them to form some kind of pattern. Something abstract, though, with no real "deep" meaning.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2251 on: 24 Mar 2009, 20:48 »

There once was a girl who would come into where I work all the time who had a vagina tattooed on her foot. It lead to an interesting conversation between my coworker and I.

Me: What do you think of *insert girl's name*'s tattoos?
Him: I don't like them.
Me: Why?
Him: Because I just don't like...vaginas.
Me: So....you don't like vaginas, eh?
Him: No. I don't like vaginas on girls.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2252 on: 24 Mar 2009, 20:50 »

I hear man vaginas are all the rage these days
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #2253 on: 24 Mar 2009, 21:06 »

I dunno if feet tattoo's would work on dudes, although I know a dude with "made in china" tattoo'd on the bottom of his fooot.  Awesome, but needs touching up way too often.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Kylos

• Obscure cultural reference
    • Myspace?
« Reply #2254 on: 24 Mar 2009, 21:24 »

I've been seriously considering getting two doves and instead of an olive brach, they'd have either the word "love" or "hope", and i'm also asking my mum to design it.
Unfortunately, i'll either chicken out because i've not had one before, or i'll think it's too cliché to have it tattooed on me. I know it's not really, but I think it's how my mind works.
As for meaning, it's for two of my best friends, and my family. Thinking about them just reminds me that i'm loved and there is some hope/faith left in the world... even reading that to myself sounds a little cheesy.
I'm not sure where i'd get them either. I'd want to get it where I can see them, to remind myself of what they're about, but my wrists are too veiny and apparently that hurts like hell. Convince me people... that or can you suggest where a good placement would be?
I hope we mess things up in a huge and beautiful fashion.

Pernix takes the rat and uses it as a peen sock.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2255 on: 24 Mar 2009, 22:36 »

I speak from experience of having one arm of my squid tattooed on my wrist, it hurts like hell. Yes. Oh my god. Yes it hurts like hell.

But if I were you, I'd get two doves holding the same olive branch, or perched on the olive branch. A dove each for your two best friends, and the branch for family. Just a thought.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2256 on: 24 Mar 2009, 23:25 »

Hey em I am just posting here to get your hopes up.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Gilead

« Reply #2257 on: 25 Mar 2009, 06:22 »

I've been seriously considering getting two doves and instead of an olive brach, they'd have either the word "love" or "hope", and i'm also asking my mum to design it.
Unfortunately, i'll either chicken out because i've not had one before, or i'll think it's too cliché to have it tattooed on me. I know it's not really, but I think it's how my mind works.
As for meaning, it's for two of my best friends, and my family. Thinking about them just reminds me that i'm loved and there is some hope/faith left in the world... even reading that to myself sounds a little cheesy.
I'm not sure where i'd get them either. I'd want to get it where I can see them, to remind myself of what they're about, but my wrists are too veiny and apparently that hurts like hell. Convince me people... that or can you suggest where a good placement would be?

I did not find the wrist particularly painful, but I stopped feeling human sensations long ago when my heart died so I dunno.

Kylos

• Myspace?
« Reply #2258 on: 27 Mar 2009, 12:53 »

That's one of the better ideas i've heard Emaline. I think i'm gonna get it going all round my ankle with the doves sitting on it.
Getting the mother to draw it out now. Photos of the design soon, hopefully.

EDIT: I just described what I wanted to the other half, to which he responded "2 pidgeons and a stick... get love and hope on your knuckles. It's stupid, like your dove idea. Don't get it. It won't be good."
Needless to say, this tattoo is getting done, and this boyfriend will probably get the boot.
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2009, 20:49 by Kylos »

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2259 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:33 »

That's one of the better ideas i've heard Emaline. I think i'm gonna get it going all round my ankle with the doves sitting on it.
Getting the mother to draw it out now. Photos of the design soon, hopefully.

EDIT: I just described what I wanted to the other half, to which he responded "2 pidgeons and a stick... get love and hope on your knuckles. It's stupid, like your dove idea. Don't get it. It won't be good."
Needless to say, this tattoo is getting done, and this boyfriend will probably get the boot.

Nobody likes him anyway.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ackblom12

« Reply #2260 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:44 »

At some point today I'll be back with pictures of a fresh septum that will be hiding for several months because of over rated "real job" policies. Yesssssssss.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #2261 on: 28 Mar 2009, 10:48 »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I wanna see pictures of Taylor's too goddammit.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

ackblom12

« Reply #2262 on: 28 Mar 2009, 14:56 »

BWAHHHHHH.

Apparently I have no sweet spot whatsoever so no septum piercing this week since my piercer does not do dermal punches. I am however planning on heading to Syracuse next Saturday to get it punched at 4g - 2g. This is a good thing and I can pretend like it's just a birthday treat.

Edit- Oh yeah, also, me and Kat got our wedding anniversary tattoo's booked. They are properly ridiculous and If I get not lazy tonight I'll actually give a picture example.
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2009, 15:02 by ackblom12 »

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #2263 on: 29 Mar 2009, 08:53 »

If you have to do a dermal punch for your septum, will that make it hurt much more than if you had a sweet spot to pierce through? I think septums are super-rad, but I don't think I could ever pull one off.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2264 on: 29 Mar 2009, 10:48 »

I'm guessing if he has no sweet spot, they'll have to punch through the cartilage, which yeah would hurt a lot more. But that's a dude with a split tongue; I think he deals with pain better than I would! I do have a sweet spot, and it didn't hurt that much-the clamps felt kinda weird but that was pretty much it though about ten minutes after I thought was was going to faint.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #2265 on: 29 Mar 2009, 11:38 »

Oh shit, split tongue? That is pretty hardcore.

So why did you feel faint after the piercing? Any specific reason why?
*bloop bloop bloop*

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2266 on: 29 Mar 2009, 11:51 »

Lots of people faint or pass out during/after getting modified. It's pretty much your body going into shock, that's why you're always supposed to not go in on an empty stomach. I'd eaten before I went in but there's a bit of a psychological component as well.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #2267 on: 29 Mar 2009, 12:17 »

Really? I've never had any problem getting pierced or whatever. But now that you mention it, I do remember my roommate almost passing out when she got her cartilage pierced. I just made fun of her.  :|
*bloop bloop bloop*

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #2268 on: 29 Mar 2009, 13:08 »

Gah! I HATE THE CLAMPS!
I'll go out on a limb and assume other people here have their noses pierced - am I alone in saying that it hurt more than my tattoo? I feel like that's weird, but it's totally true. :(

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2269 on: 30 Mar 2009, 00:10 »

I actually hadn't eaten when I was getting my half sleeve done and I did pass out for a second. My friend Tom was out and about so he brought me a burger and coke. My artist told me "That was pretty fucking stupid, if you even thought you might possibly be getting a tattoo, eat some food"
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2270 on: 30 Mar 2009, 02:39 »

I'm going to get my other X on thursday. I am so incredibly excited but goddamnit why didn't I keep the original sketch? It was perfect and now I can only get an (albeit pretty accurate) approximation of the sizing. Fuck.

Also woo tattoos! Photos will be posted.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

ackblom12

« Reply #2271 on: 30 Mar 2009, 11:50 »

Alright, so the dermal punched septum is officially happening Saturday. I need to look at jewelry options some more and decide if I'd prefer 2g or 4g. I'm not sure which actually has more options septum wise.

If you have to do a dermal punch for your septum, will that make it hurt much more than if you had a sweet spot to pierce through?

I imagine it will feel like I just got punched in the nose by a bouncer after a night of drinking actually. I'm definitely not looking forward to the punch itself.

Sir Tacopuss

• Emoticontraindication
  • Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn
« Reply #2272 on: 31 Mar 2009, 04:58 »

I have quite a few scars. I've been thinking of maybe connecting them to form some kind of pattern. Something abstract, though, with no real "deep" meaning.

:roll:
To send - Onward to terminus triumphal flight sheds object form.
Orbitainer eyes the absolute and freed - walk alone.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2273 on: 31 Mar 2009, 05:13 »

I actually hadn't eaten when I was getting my half sleeve done and I did pass out for a second. My friend Tom was out and about so he brought me a burger and coke. My artist told me "That was pretty fucking stupid, if you even thought you might possibly be getting a tattoo, eat some food"

I too made the mistake of not eating before I went to get my stomach tattooed, which made what was already the most painful tattoo I had gotten even worse. I had to get my girlfriend to fetch me some orange juice midway through.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2274 on: 31 Mar 2009, 05:35 »

Good thing my tattoo shop is right next to a McDonalds.

Also I'm thinking of turning my right arm into my comic book arm. In that I would get kind of a sleeve design (though not really an actual sleeve as I kind of don't want anything on the outside of my forearms?) with lots of comic book characters like the infant Dream from Fables and Reflections and Apocalypse and Mr Sinister.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2009, 05:54 by Jimmy the Squid »
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2275 on: 31 Mar 2009, 09:04 »

I too made the mistake of not eating before I went to get my stomach tattooed, which made what was already the most painful tattoo I had gotten even worse. I had to get my girlfriend to fetch me some orange juice midway through.

More and more I feel like you are my best friend, only, on the other side of the world.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2276 on: 31 Mar 2009, 18:04 »

This (sans text) has been in my right arm for the just over 6 hours now. I'm very happy with it, pictures to follow. I found a tenner in the street after it too so it has been a pretty good day.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2277 on: 31 Mar 2009, 18:37 »

That is basically what I was going for. Two birds, one stone and all that.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2278 on: 31 Mar 2009, 18:38 »

Actually I think that's three birds.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #2279 on: 31 Mar 2009, 19:00 »

That is pretty cool, albeit a little scary.  I like it!
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #2280 on: 31 Mar 2009, 23:50 »

Oli whyyyyy

(Don't worry, you are still cool in my eyes even though Deerhoof aren't)
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2281 on: 01 Apr 2009, 04:19 »

Thanks Jens and Catacombs. The tattoo artist said it was the most fun and/or ridiculous tattoo he'd done in weeks; he was loving it as a first tattoo too. My friend Linzi got it done coming out of her waist line at the same time - I've been planning it for ages, she's also a big fan of Deerhoof (and completely mental) and saw the picture while we were drunk on Monday night then booked us in when she got up yesterday.  Awesome!

Kris it is okay! My lady friend is not a fan of it either, but she has decided she only needs to shun my right arm.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #2282 on: 01 Apr 2009, 06:19 »

Nice one.
Get off my land

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2283 on: 01 Apr 2009, 07:31 »

Oli I hope you realise that I will not be able to walk with you through security in the airport because the security guys will be all  :police: Excuse me sir please step this way it is just some routine enquiries and then they will arrest you for torturing fruit.

There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2284 on: 01 Apr 2009, 22:54 »

my shoulder is bleeding so heavily that the busdriver wouldn't let me on. on the upside i am symmetrical now so yay.

öde

« Reply #2285 on: 02 Apr 2009, 03:56 »

Dick busdriver, awesome tattoos!

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2286 on: 02 Apr 2009, 17:52 »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2287 on: 02 Apr 2009, 18:04 »

my shoulder is bleeding so heavily that the busdriver wouldn't let me on. on the upside i am symmetrical now so yay.

Wow. Did you punch him in the balls, because seriously that is hella lame.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2288 on: 02 Apr 2009, 18:23 »

I would have but he didn't let me on the bus, and my reach is only so long.

Either way I got onto another bus by pretending i only had one arm.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #2289 on: 03 Apr 2009, 18:12 »

Oli who's belly does your arm match?
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Kylos

• Myspace?
« Reply #2290 on: 03 Apr 2009, 18:50 »

I was thinking something like this. Definitely a line drawing at least. I drew it on a graphics tablet earlier, so it looks a bit rubbish... but you get the idea.
Where it's shaded grey, I was hoping to get it shaded orange or red.
Yay or nay?

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2291 on: 03 Apr 2009, 18:58 »

My friend Linzi got it done coming out of her waist line at the same time

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #2292 on: 03 Apr 2009, 20:39 »

What do you guys think of star tattoos? Highly overdone and overrated, or can I pull it off? Basically, I got bored in class and started drawing stars on the inside of my left wrist, curving up towards my thumb. I thought it was pretty nifty and took a picture. Then I realized that, since I am going into a healthcare profession, I should probably get the tattoo elsewhere. So I drew it on my left foot/ankle, and liked it a lot better there.

On my wrist:

On my foot:

Close-up of foot:

So what do you guys think? Should I go ahead and get it done?
*bloop bloop bloop*

ackblom12

« Reply #2293 on: 03 Apr 2009, 20:46 »

Overdone and overated are silly reasons to not get tattoos in my opinion. If you like it, go for it. If it actually bothers you that quite a few other people are likely to have something similar, nothing wrong with that and you should not get it.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2294 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:29 »

I agree with him although I think your feet are kind of ugly. They look better on your wrist. (Take that with a grain of salt because you're the one with the tattoo who's gonna have to live with it. to be honest I seem to love all tattoos and in the off chance it's ugly I just won't say anything. stars are hard to fuck up)
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 00:31 by BrittanyMarie »

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #2295 on: 04 Apr 2009, 00:57 »

Wrist definitely looks better.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2296 on: 04 Apr 2009, 07:50 »

My friend Linzi, it's her side though.

ackblom12

« Reply #2297 on: 04 Apr 2009, 12:58 »

GUYS! I get part of my nose punched out today. I am excited. I actually ended up picking on 2g since I got out jewelry last night and realized that 2g is a lot smaller than I remember. Man my lobes used to be tiny.

Pictures should be brought in tonight.

öde

« Reply #2298 on: 04 Apr 2009, 13:33 »

Yay or nay?

Looks pretty similar to the bird tattoos I want.

Kylos

• Myspace?
« Reply #2299 on: 04 Apr 2009, 18:36 »

Nice one! Does that mean I might know what i'm doing?
I spoke to a tattoo lady today, and dragged Gemm along. Now we're both saving up to get inked.
I'm so excited that this is actually going to happen.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 97   Go Up