THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 May 2024, 13:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 97   Go Down

Author Topic: Der Tattoo Thread.  (Read 788562 times)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
Re: Der Tattoo Thread.
« Reply #2600 on: 22 Aug 2009, 15:51 »

Oh shit that wasn't a pot leaf?

My flatmate goes "so she's canadian or something?" and I said "I think it might be a pot leaf?"
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

nichidani

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #2601 on: 22 Aug 2009, 18:34 »

heh, its actually a cultivar of acer palmatum (japanese maple) called chitesoyama.

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30804

there are so many cultivars of japanese maple. some have jaded leaves, and some have laceleaves, and some (like the one in that picture on totallylookslike.com) are fairly smooth-leaved.

'pot leaf' is generally the initial reaction i get from people.
kittens!

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2602 on: 24 Aug 2009, 05:43 »

Oh shit that wasn't a pot leaf?
My flatmate goes "so she's canadian or something?" and I said "I think it might be a pot leaf?"

But it looks nothing like the Canadian maple leaf.

Speaking of Canadian tattoos, my girl has an Inukshuk on her inside bicep. It's neat!
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2603 on: 24 Aug 2009, 07:28 »

Nothing against your girlfriend, but I am a little miffed by the prevalence of inuksuit all over canada. Like, yes they are neat, but I am sick of seeing them all over the fucking place on highways/campgrounds in Ontario. Guys, really. You are not Inuit. There is no way you are all Inuit. Give it a break.
I think it is rad if your girlfriend thinks they are cool and has a tattoo. I just wish Ontario campers would stop putting them all over the place down here. Cultural sharing is great, wide-spread cultural appropriation I think not so cool.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2604 on: 24 Aug 2009, 08:10 »

Shit all over a city

fucking goddamn kokopelli bullshit.

They are all over the fucking place in Arizona.

Also, Dovey, my flatmate isn't always that observant, I guess? maybe because it was red and he walked by my room and saw it on the screen, I dunno.

Bastardous Bassist

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • brinkman propane smoker
« Reply #2605 on: 24 Aug 2009, 10:41 »

Ah, kokopelli.  The best band in my high school my freshman year was named that, so I have slightly fond memories of that name.  The members were all really cool people, which was nice (the bassist lent me one of his basses for a show when mine broke).
Who?  Me?  Couldn't be.

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #2606 on: 24 Aug 2009, 11:59 »

Boys First Tattoo. He sat for the whole thing in one go. No whiney or anything. I was really chuffed with him!

Terrible photo of my new tattoo.

Both done by Polly at Blue Blood in Manchester.
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #2607 on: 24 Aug 2009, 12:56 »

Nothing against your girlfriend, but I am a little miffed by the prevalence of inuksuit all over canada. Like, yes they are neat, but I am sick of seeing them all over the fucking place on highways/campgrounds in Ontario. Guys, really. You are not Inuit. There is no way you are all Inuit. Give it a break.
I think it is rad if your girlfriend thinks they are cool and has a tattoo. I just wish Ontario campers would stop putting them all over the place down here. Cultural sharing is great, wide-spread cultural appropriation I think not so cool.

I love them :c When I was young me and my sister would build them whereever we went, especially hidden places. So people would know that people were there before them! I really like them

PS Sam it's weird because I was thinking about getting one on the back of my bicep. Weird.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #2608 on: 24 Aug 2009, 13:17 »

That's Mr.  Dovey you're talking to, right?  This mixed up avatar thing has got to end.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2609 on: 24 Aug 2009, 13:24 »

I love them :c When I was young me and my sister would build them whereever we went
I love them too and they should be things you leave behind you to let someone know you were there, the problem is, they're virtually everywhere out here and people need to knock it down a notch. I love finding them, but the fact that campers in Ontario are so inuksuk-happy kind of detracts from the magic.
If you've found a hidden grove and leave one, that is great. If you want to mark your favorite campsite, that is great. If there is one in the median between two halves of the highway, you don't need to make another one five kilometers down the road. Not everyone needs to make one at every campsite. If the symbol is abused it starts to lose it's meaning and significance.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2610 on: 25 Aug 2009, 04:31 »

That's Mr.  Dovey you're talking to, right?  This mixed up avatar thing has got to end.

To be fair this is a completely different panel to what Sam had, albeit of the same comic. And he hadn't had that avatar for a fair while when I got this.

ackblom12

« Reply #2611 on: 25 Aug 2009, 08:25 »

Jesus tap dancing Christ. After close to 8 weeks of taping I finally have completed my horribly irresponsible and lack of money inspired stretching and now have both of those beautiful wooden plugs I posted a while ago in my ears. They are now getting a 8+ month break.

Tip folks, when your spending what little money you have at the moment on jewelry for stretching, have them measure the jewelry before you purchase it, do not assume the label is correct.

loco_banana

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Shakespeare meets Leatherface
    • Totally awesome
« Reply #2612 on: 25 Aug 2009, 08:46 »

I had to wash his hair over it. Do as he says before other people have to wash your hair.
"Life's a bitch, and if I meet her, I'ma tell her."

[00:53] dominik: so, here's to you
= he did a shot to me, and I to him. International Friendship +1

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #2613 on: 25 Aug 2009, 18:53 »

Since I've seen some piercing advice in here before, I am going to go ahead and ask a question about my stretched ears. I know some of you have stretched ears also, or some general body mod knowledge, so maybe someone can help me.

Here we go.

I stretched my ears up to 9/16" about six months ago, probably longer. I NEVER skip sizes or stretch stupidly (i.e. just shoving a bigger earring through my ear). The past couple of months, however, I've been getting really really dry skin on my earlobes. They hurt a bit, nothing unbearable, it is mostly just annoying and kind of unsightly. I put healing lotion and the like on them several times a day (pretty much whenever I have it on hand and my ears are feeling dry, I'd estimate about 10 times a day. Seriously!) and they are still dry. I do not have dry skin anywhere else (except maybe my feet?) and this has never happened before. When I stretched, I used tapers and left them in for most of the healing process (which was excruciatingly irritating), then switched to double flared silicone tunnels.

My hypothesis: I am in some way allergic to silicone, and my ears are telling me to get new earrings.

So, I ordered some organic saba wood tunnels in the same size (I wouldn't dare put any more stress on my poor ears) and am going to try that. I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was, and get some advice as to what I should do when I get my new plugs in.
kittens!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #2614 on: 25 Aug 2009, 19:44 »

It is a crap photo, but based on what I can see it looks good and a nice match with your existing work.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

ackblom12

« Reply #2615 on: 25 Aug 2009, 21:36 »

My hypothesis: I am in some way allergic to silicone, and my ears are telling me to get new earrings.

It definitely sounds like the silicone. Silicone has a nasty habit of drying the ever loving shit out of skin and you're probably right that you might be having a minor reaction if its drying that badly with multiple moisturizing...s per day. As much as I love Kaos (brand of silicone tunnels) and the like, I have a hard time suggesting anyone actually using them. It's just so easy for them to fuck up your ears if you aren't careful or have a reaction.

Only thing I'd suggest for the the wood tunnels (gorgeous by the way) is if you have a set of calipers, or anyone else who does, measure them before you even attempt to put them in. Wood is pretty notorious for having as much as a mm difference up or down from the listed size.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #2616 on: 25 Aug 2009, 21:41 »

Well all this talk's got me started thinking - if I wanted to start stretching my earlobes, where would you recommend I begin?  Should I just buy a kit?

ackblom12

« Reply #2617 on: 25 Aug 2009, 21:53 »

Assuming your ears are already pierced what size are they at? Any idea on a possible goal size?

I'd really recommend starting by going to a good piercer so they can help ya out. They'd be able to measure some jewelry for you, be able to taper your ears for you to help you start off, without you having to buy the kit, and would also be a good way of getting connected with a good shop for jewelry purchases and advice. If that isn't an option, a kit isn't a bad idea.

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=stretching+kit&button=Search&anyallexact=any&basicsearch=yes&ProductID=3131&index=2

That one is a good set of kits. Just make 100% certain what size your jewelry is, preferably with a caliper, and get the next size up.

Keep in mind that as you go stretching yourself is much preferred. Even a good piercer can fuck your ears up pretty badly if they taper a little too fast for you, but if you're at a more typical size, the 8g - 14g range, then it's not gonna hurt to go in and get it done. It's also a good way of getting the feel for how tapering feels. Once you start getting to around 6g - 4g, you'll want to start learning to use Tape to stretch, but I'm guessing that's a ways off.

Edit - Almost forgot. When you stretch make sure to use a lube of some sort. KY, astroglide or any water based lube will work. If you want a moisturizing oil of some sort, Jojoba is what I personally use. Vitamin-E oil, Emu Oil or various other wonderful non scented oils should work perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2009, 21:55 by ackblom12 »

HellStorm

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #2618 on: 27 Aug 2009, 13:51 »

I'd just like to add that you should never use vaseline when stretching your ears. The best thing to use in my experience has been liquid soap. That's because vaseline will create friction, whereas the bubbles formed by the soap will help ease it through.

Also, I've done my own stretching, and it's turned out fine. As long as you go slowly then it should be okay. Also the first stretch is the worst - after that it's much easier.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.
« Reply #2619 on: 27 Aug 2009, 14:41 »

Nah man you gosta get to 0g in a week otherwise you're not cool, y'know?
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #2620 on: 27 Aug 2009, 14:43 »

It is a crap photo, but based on what I can see it looks good and a nice match with your existing work.

Fanks! I'm waiting for it to heal to get a decent one done!

Could I be super bold & suggest a piercing thread? Maybe? Not in a bad way....
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2621 on: 27 Aug 2009, 14:45 »

I can see the reasons for having a seperate thread, but to be honest, I think this works just fine as an overall body modification thread. Means theres less clutter on the boards and, well, it's been working well enough for the past 55 pages.

I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

ackblom12

« Reply #2622 on: 27 Aug 2009, 15:15 »

I'd just like to add that you should never use vaseline when stretching your ears. The best thing to use in my experience has been liquid soap. That's because vaseline will create friction, whereas the bubbles formed by the soap will help ease it through.

I agree with you definitely on the Vaseline. It's terrible but not just for the friction, but the fact it'll clog pores like crazy. Not much is worse than having a pimple in the fistula of your lobe.

I do however have to say I wouldn't suggest using soap as lube. It works in a pinch but spending $3 on a bottle of water based sex lube or spending a bit more on the oils I mentioned is a lot more effective and also will not dry your skin out or leave a film behind if not washed well. Not the end of the world if you do, there's just much better options out there.

Could I be super bold & suggest a piercing thread? Maybe? Not in a bad way....

Honestly I wouldn't be opposed to it, but just for how slow this forum moves in general it's easier and usually more convenient for folks to have them combined. I think we are getting pretty close to the date we should start a fresh thread with a proper "general Body Modification" title though. On the other hand, if we can get a bit more regular traffic having 2 separate threads would be nice for many reasons. Things such as a general aftercare post for the first page, stretching tips etc. etc.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2623 on: 27 Aug 2009, 20:22 »

I like having them combined just so I can see pics of peoples mods all in one thread. (Read: I'm lazy.)

I get paid tomorrow! I think I will be stopping by a local place to buy some spirals and to have someone give me an ok to switch out my glass for something else.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #2624 on: 28 Aug 2009, 21:07 »

I prefer having them combined too, and don't see much of a point as to why they should be separated.

And for the record, coconut oil is the best thing I've used to stretch my ears. Assuming you aren't allergic, it is a pretty great thing to keep around anyway. Good for cooking, moisturizing, lubing up, etc.

Anyway, tattoo halp, i need it.

Recently, randomly, I've noticed one of my birds getting all itchy and bumpy. Keep in mind its not a fresh tattoo at all. They are both about a year old. So I'm not really sure why this one is getting all weird. I mentioned it to my mom, and the next day it was gone. Any clue whats up with it?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #2625 on: 28 Aug 2009, 22:23 »

Look what I got tonight!

I only got the one in because when I went to put in the other one in the ear that's been fickle, I couldn't get it in properly and accidentally poked the inside of the hole and saw a little bit of blood, so I don't think it's healed all the way yet. But I have the ones I've been wanting, so I'm excited for when the one lobe finally does finish healing!

(Except now I don't know why it isn't healing. Which is worrying me slightly.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2626 on: 29 Aug 2009, 04:43 »

Recently, randomly, I've noticed one of my birds getting all itchy and bumpy. Keep in mind its not a fresh tattoo at all. They are both about a year old. So I'm not really sure why this one is getting all weird. I mentioned it to my mom, and the next day it was gone. Any clue whats up with it?

If I remember correctly (or I may just completely be making this up), the ink in a tattoo starts to crystalize about a year after it's been done, which can lead to temporary raising and itchiness.

Sounds like a good reason, but I dunno if it's true.

talen wolf

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2627 on: 29 Aug 2009, 10:48 »

If I remember correctly (or I may just completely be making this up), the ink in a tattoo starts to crystalize about a year after it's been done, which can lead to temporary raising and itchiness.Sounds like a good reason, but I dunno if it's true.

Im sorry, but your wrong....normally what happens is that you have changes either in your skin or the weather that effect the area of the tattoo more then it does your other skin areas...skin gets drier then normal, you are sweating more then normal, all of these can affect your tattoo area severely sometimes.  Anti itching cream is recommended.
Man she is 20 pounds of crazy in a 5 pound bag.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #2628 on: 29 Aug 2009, 11:16 »

(should be you're not your, than not then, and affect not effect)

(just saying not trying to be a dick)

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2629 on: 29 Aug 2009, 11:53 »

Yeah, Talen, we spoke of those reasons for tattyitch a few pages back, but as she mentioned it was about a year old I thought that my reason could have been a more reasonable reason, y'know?

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #2630 on: 29 Aug 2009, 16:12 »

anyone planning a tattoo?
kittens!

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
« Reply #2631 on: 29 Aug 2009, 16:18 »

I want a bee being chased by a bird, which is being chased by a cat, which is being chased by a dog, which is being chased by a bear, which is being chased by a dinosaur up my right arm?

In all seriousness I want a lightning bolt behind my right ear and a naturey piece with a Wordsworth bit of poetry weaved in it up my right calf.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #2632 on: 29 Aug 2009, 17:55 »

yeah i mean i am planning a tattoo but i am probably not getting it for at least two years.

what a silly question.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

talen wolf

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2633 on: 29 Aug 2009, 19:19 »

Sorry I didn't read all the pages, saw the question and answered from my own experiences. Never heard of ink crystallizing after a year...if that is real then my apologies.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2634 on: 30 Aug 2009, 18:28 »

Mr Edison, I'm the one who brought up the raised tat question a page or so back, and my tattoo that was doing it (actually they both are) was done when I was 19 and I'm 23 now. I think the weather/heat changes/sweatiness sometimes thing makes sense.

When mine raises it's when I'm hot. Then it goes away when I am not so hot anymore.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #2635 on: 31 Aug 2009, 01:17 »

Mine tends to get really itchy when it's hot out.
That said, I'd really like to get another one, two, actually. I want a lily and a rose, maybe one on each ankle? I have yet to decide on a concrete place. I need somewhere that's able to be covered up if need be, but still somewhere that, if I'd like to show it off, I can. My current tatt [somewhere a ton of pages back] is on the back of my neck. Any suggestions?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2636 on: 31 Aug 2009, 02:08 »

I'm trying to plan two sleeves (obviously one for one arm and one for the other) and I'm trying to figure out what I want in it. Basically the sleeves need to fit around tattoos I already have and ones that I'm planning on getting. On my right bicep I'm planning to get the Key to Hell from Sandman. On the inside of both forearms I want to get three skulls tied together with a strip of cloth but have one forearm mirror the other.
They look like this!

Basically for the sleeves I was planning on getting some comic characters though I'm not sure if I want them to be interacting with each other. For my right arm I wanted to get Morpheus (possibly with the balloon or with Matthew the Raven), Wolverine, Deadpool and Gambit and for the left arm Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Magneto and Sabretooth.

I'm trying to figure out the layout but the real thing that is holding me back is the fact that these would be very visible tattoos that, while I can easily hide with a long-sleeve shirt is going to be an issue with my family. My dad is very much against tattoos and body mods (to the point where he nearly got in a fist-fight with my brother when he found out my brother was going to pay for me to get my lip pierced as a birthday present). I like my dad, I'm not sure I'm ready to have him disown(/try to fight?) me.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #2637 on: 31 Aug 2009, 05:10 »

Have any of the people with itchy tattoos got red or purple in them? The compound used to make red ink can cause allergic reactions. Sometimes quite nasty ones, but mostly it's just like heat rash, you get a little hot/ sweaty and it gets sore. Just like any scab or scar. My ankles get super itchy when it's hot, but only the red & pink bits.

To Jimmy: My parents hate tattoos & as much as I hate dissapointing my Mum, it's important to me so I've just slowly built them up. Family weddings in the summer are a pain as I have to cover up, but other than that I have at least 5 they just don't know about. at my age I probably shouldn't have to hide things from my folks, but it's worked ok so far....

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #2638 on: 31 Aug 2009, 05:20 »

that actually makes a lot of sense, since my cherry blossom doesn't really itch much but when it is hot out and my skin is being fickle, my leaf tattoo (which is a bright red/purple color) itches like madness. it was also more difficult to heal, and they are in the same place on different arms.

then again, it was two different artists, and the artist for the leaf was much more heavy-handed and rough.
kittens!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2639 on: 31 Aug 2009, 05:26 »

My parents continually tell me that they are so upset that I have a tattoo that goes lower than the middle of my bicep because now I can't get any jobs where you have to wear a short sleeved shirt. I tried to tell them that there is a gradual shift where tattoos are becoming more accepted and there are a lot of alternate uniform options and they will still have none of it. My mom is simultaneously happy and upset at the tattoo I am getting on the inside of my forearm. She likes the idea but absolutely hates the placement.

Basically, parents who don't like tattoos can suck a dick.

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #2640 on: 31 Aug 2009, 05:46 »

then again, it was two different artists, and the artist for the leaf was much more heavy-handed and rough.

I was just about to edit my post to say about this. The artist who did my most recent tattoo was pretty gentle (Considering how bright the colours have come out!) and it's healed with the least trouble of any of them!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #2641 on: 31 Aug 2009, 18:50 »

Hah my parents like my brothers tattoos (both on his forearms) but pretend to ignore mine, which is on my upper arm and easily hidden.  Actually dad hass come around to liking it but mum just pretends it isn't there.  Which is better than disowning me I guess (<3 jimmy).

I'm sure they arn't looking forward to me eventually getting my Alice in Wonderland half sleeve! Teehee.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #2642 on: 31 Aug 2009, 18:58 »

(should be you're not your, than not then, and affect not effect)

(just saying not trying to be a dick)

mission: failed
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #2643 on: 31 Aug 2009, 19:00 »

Apparently my mother has "come to terms" with the fact that I want to get a tattoo, but still likes to remind me how much it is going to hurt. Like she has gotten one, or had any piercings other than her ears, or had a big ol' back operation. Still, I am glad she has come to terms with something I am going to get done to myself.

Now I just need to save some money and sack up and get it done.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #2644 on: 31 Aug 2009, 19:18 »

Basically, parents who don't like tattoos can suck a dick.

actual conversation with my father a few months ago -

me: so i think i might get a tattoo.
my father: NO. absolutely not. the only people who have tattoos are losers and people in jail.
me: but dad, i'm not a loser or in jail.
my father: THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID
me: actually-
my father: YOU'RE AN IDIOT [angrily storms out of room]

to be honest i only really said that to see what his reaction would be, but now i'm thinking maybe i should cover myself with tattoos after all if if that's the best argument he could come up with.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

iamiam

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #2645 on: 31 Aug 2009, 19:28 »

every time my parents see me with my pigeon uncovered they give me desperately sad, disappointed looks and tell me how they never expected to raise such a trashy redneck for a daughter and how upset they are that i'm so dead set on becoming an ultimate failure at life.

to be fair, they have always given me really disappointed looks and speeches whenever they set eyes on me.  it just sucks being downgraded to redneck status.
Quote from: meebo
[11:09] Darryl: MaiAda: the Beat Happening of the QC boards
[11:10] Darryl: so subtly subversive that not everybody can even tell
[11:10] Darryl: punk as fuck
[11:10] Darryl: ponies and rainbows

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2646 on: 01 Sep 2009, 18:39 »

Mostly everyone doesn't mind Harold, but mostly everyone(in my family) really dislikes my half sleeve since it's so big. My grandma said half jokingly that she hopes my arm falls off. Also I totally am a loser though I guess I  haven't been to jail ever (yet)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #2647 on: 02 Sep 2009, 06:02 »

My grandparents still don't know about the tattoo on my forearm. My pop was in the navy and so has a shitload of tattoos and regrets them like hell, and obviously being old people they are just hella old-fashioned. I like my grandparents and they tend to think of me as the sensible, rational, smart grandchild so I am extremely hesitant to blow that apart.

My parents are basically resigned to the fact that I am addicted to being jabbed with tiny inky needles so mostly it is just sighs with them these days.

talen wolf

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2648 on: 02 Sep 2009, 09:41 »

Hey everyone....quick question...All my tatoos have been done by the same artist and he is very heavy handed so much so that some look like they were marbled on purpose...Do any of you live in AZ and know an artist that is  light handed? I am looking to get some more work done, and would like some re work done on my current work.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #2649 on: 02 Sep 2009, 09:49 »

AZ as in Arizona? or is this some other crazy AZ place like Atlaztica?
if its Arizona check out Blue Dragon Tattoo over at 51st ave and Northern, Vinny has done 3/4 of my tattoos and they've healed up real quick and nice (The two on my chest I barely felt until he got near my collar bone). Also the guy who owns the shop who's name I forget right now did my first one and I barely felt it.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 97   Go Up