THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 22 Jun 2024, 20:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faye Versus Marigold ...Wait, really?  (Read 10654 times)

reserve

• Not quite a lurker
Faye Versus Marigold ...Wait, really?
« on: 10 Aug 2009, 12:34 »

Does anyone else find Faye's reactions to Marigold to be wildly uncalled for?

Like, I get that Faye is meant to be a bitch, but I've always interpreted her bitchiness as  a manifestation of her innate feminism, and thus normally directed toward men. I'm surprised to see that Marigold is getting the same treatment as, say, Angus or Sven. Furthermore, I understand that Faye's protective of Dora, and Dora's relationship with Marten, but she has to be WILDLY UNHINGED if she really thinks that Marigold is a) competition for Dora or b) even into dudes. Honestly, Marigold might as well be the president of the Smif College Asexual Club (Meetings in Hubbard House, Tuesdays @ 6pm!!). Seriously, though, this whole Faye versus Marigold story-arc strikes me as super OOC for Faye, and is making me dislike her a little bit  :-( :-(

PS: IMO, Marigold is a GREAT opportunity for Hanners to finally get some. Not saying, just saying.
Shelley's a vampire, Byron knows all about it.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: Faye Versus Marigold ...Wait, really?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2009, 13:19 »

Considering the way Faye treated Raven, Vicky, Pennelope, and numerous female customers, Faye is an equal opportunity snarker.

The reason for Faye's reaction is a good topic for discussion. What if she's mad at Marigold for fixing Pintsize? :-)
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

nichidani

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2009, 13:43 »

what the fuck is up with hanners/marigold shippers. marigold is a nasty shit who never bathes, and hanny has severe ocd. i mean, yeah they both have social issues, but that is not grounds for a lesbian humpfest. JEEZ.

oh and faye is a bitch to everyone. ev-uh-ry one.
kittens!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2009, 02:05 »

but she has to be WILDLY UNHINGED if she really thinks that Marigold is a) competition for Dora or b) even into dudes.

Wait, so, based on the very limited information we have about her, you have now determined that she is not into dudes? You could parallel Charles Xavier.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

akronnick

• Only pretending to work
  • I'm freakin' out, man!!!!
« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2009, 03:33 »

Not saying, just saying.

Does that even make sense?

I think thus far, the only character who has desereved Faye's wrath was Sven, and when he REaEaEaLLY deserved it, she simply walked out. Granted, she started screaming obscenities at random strangers walking down the street...

My point is, Faye is mean to everyone, moreso those who have done nothing to earn it. It's the thing that defines her personality, and even though she is aware of it, she has to try real hard to suppress the urge to lash out. Now that Sven is no longer in the picture, she doesn't even have the option of emotional release in other ways.

One last point then I'll shut up.

I don't think Faye actually beleives that Marigold wants to move in on Marten, I think she was just giving Dora a hard time.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2009, 03:38 by akronnick »
Akronnick, I can think of no more appropriate steed for a Knight Of The Dickbroom than a foul-mouthed, perpetually shouting, lust-crazed bird with a scrotum hanging from its chin and a distinctive cry of "Gobble gobble gobble".   --Tergon

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2009, 08:29 »

Faye is pretty much a really sucky character. We have already discussed this.
Hate, rain on me

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2009, 08:40 »

you know come to think of it when was the last time just marten and faye hung out?  No steve, hanners, dora, sven.  Just them.  It could be Jeph is forshadowing something.  Faye feels left out.  No Sven and people are distracting the one other guy she cares about: Marten.  It could be she is still worried that her and Marten wont hang out as much anymore.  She has said quite a number of times that she fears loosing him as a friend, both after the talk and after dora and marten got together.  It could just be that she feels people are distancing them or that she just feels distant.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Knuckx117

« Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2009, 09:18 »

what the fuck is up with hanners/marigold shippers. marigold is a nasty shit who never bathes, and hanny has severe ocd. i mean, yeah they both have social issues, but that is not grounds for a lesbian humpfest. JEEZ.

I think Hannelore and Marigold balance each other out quite nicely.

Windyo

• Not quite a lurker
  • Musicomanical geek
    • Raging Stillness
« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2009, 09:40 »

Faye feels left out.
I'm thinking that too. If you look back at the first comics, Faye wasn't really a bitch, truth be told : she was more of an overtly critical, cynical and jaded character. True she sassed others sometimes, but not to such an extent as... Well, as since Marten and Dora have been dating. At first their getting together had hurt her, and so she'd recoiled a bit, but now she's over it, people have changed. Marten and her are more "good roommates" than friends, and she's started chasing her own demons.

Truth be said, Faye has a right to be kinda bitchy-bitchy right now...
"Without music, life would be a mistake." ~Nietzsche

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2009, 11:42 »

Truth be said, Faye has a right to be kinda bitchy-bitchy right now...

why is that? because of marten and dora being together, or because of what happened with sven?
kittens!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #10 on: 11 Aug 2009, 12:38 »

I wouldnt say she has a right to be bitchy, more or less its probably natural for her to be bitchy.  She just feels left out, and being bitchy gets some attention but not necessarily the good kind.  :wink:

edit: unless your Angus I suppose.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Windyo

• Not quite a lurker
  • Musicomanical geek
    • Raging Stillness
« Reply #11 on: 11 Aug 2009, 12:43 »

why is that? because of marten and dora being together, or because of what happened with sven?
Well, if you sum things up :

-she just realized she wasn't able to mentally handle a relationship
-the boy she liked was taken up very quickly after she had the courage to tel him it wasn't going to be possible because of her issues
-she just started REALLY mourning her father instead of fleeing
-she just got hurt by Sven (should have known so but anyway...)
-the only outlet she had (Marten) isn't even here for her as a friend

I must say that it's quite a killer combo, s she kinda has the right to bitch ... Even if her initial profile was inclined to bitching anyway.
"Without music, life would be a mistake." ~Nietzsche

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #12 on: 11 Aug 2009, 12:53 »

Faye is pretty much a really sucky character. We have already discussed this.

The only person who knows the absolute truth of her suck would be Sven.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #13 on: 11 Aug 2009, 13:02 »

The only person who knows the absolute truth of her suck would be Sven.

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #14 on: 11 Aug 2009, 14:00 »

Furthermore, I understand that Faye's protective of Dora, and Dora's relationship with Marten, but she has to be WILDLY UNHINGED if she really thinks that Marigold is a) competition for Dora or b) even into dudes.

Is it because she likes yaoi and/or gaming that folk assume Marigold isn't into dudes? Because I love gaming, WoW in particular just now, am a huge fan of hot man on man action and I'm into dudes.

I can see no basis for opinions that Marigold is either into men or women. Just because the shippers went nuts over her and Hanners, who hasn't shown tendencies to dig ladies either, that doesn't mean Marigold has to be into women.
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #15 on: 11 Aug 2009, 14:11 »

Men like seeing girl on girl action, and at the same time still prefer women.  I honestly dont think marigold is into women, she's just socially inept.

@Windyo:  Yeah those are kinda my points, particularly the last one, but I wount say she has the right to be bitchy, its just the natural response when in that situation.  For anyone.

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #16 on: 11 Aug 2009, 15:16 »

damnit. i just realized there is a sexuality debate going on in two different fucking boards right now.

kittens!

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #17 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:06 »

you know come to think of it when was the last time just marten and faye hung out?  No steve, hanners, dora, sven.  Just them.  It could be Jeph is forshadowing something.  Faye feels left out.  No Sven and people are distracting the one other guy she cares about: Marten.  It could be she is still worried that her and Marten wont hang out as much anymore.  She has said quite a number of times that she fears loosing him as a friend, both after the talk and after dora and marten got together.  It could just be that she feels people are distancing them or that she just feels distant.

Well, first off, a man wants to hang out more often with the woman he's having sex with rather than the woman who won't have sex with him. It's only natural, after all, the more he hangs out with the woman he's banging, the more sex he's likely to get. It's a no-brainer for the average man.  :wink:

So if Faye wants Marten to hang out with her more often, she's just going to have to have sex with him. This will have the bonus of most likely causing Dora to dump him, so Faye will once again have Marten entirely to herself. Of course, it will probably also cost her Dora's friendship, her job, and get her exiled forever from Coffee of Doom, so Marten will have to be both her only social AND sexual outlet for awhile, but tradeoffs are a part of life... :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2009, 16:58 by themacnut »
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
  • Faydora and Fayven, its so hard to choose!
« Reply #18 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:23 »

but can faye match Dora's bedroom skillz? I doubt it.
Help bring back the dragons!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:28 »

you know come to think of it when was the last time just marten and faye hung out?  No steve, hanners, dora, sven.  Just them.  It could be Jeph is forshadowing something.  Faye feels left out.  No Sven and people are distracting the one other guy she cares about: Marten.  It could be she is still worried that her and Marten wont hang out as much anymore.  She has said quite a number of times that she fears loosing him as a friend, both after the talk and after dora and marten got together.  It could just be that she feels people are distancing them or that she just feels distant.

Well, first off, a man wants to hang out more often with the woman he's having sex with rather than the woman who won't have sex with him. It's only natural, after all, the more he hangs out with the woman he's banging, the more sex he's likely to get. It's a no-brainer for the average man.

So if Faye wants Marten to hang out with her more often, she's just going to have to have sex with him. This will have the bonus of most likely causing Dora to dump him, so Faye will once again have Marten entirely to herself. Of course, it will probably also cost her Dora's friendship, her job, and get her exiled forever from Coffee of Doom, so Marten will have to be both her only social AND sexual outlet for awhile, but tradeoffs are a part of life...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:29 »

That reasoning is utter shit.

Mein Tumblr

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #21 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:33 »

It just follows what sometimes seems to be the norm for this forum, assuming that all relationships are based on sex.  Which, however, I can assure those concerned, is not quite true.

Of course at a certain stage of life (younger than the cast of this comic) it does seem the only possibillity much of the time.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:38 »

I like to think Marten isn't solely motivated by sex. Which themacnut seemed to be implying.

Mein Tumblr

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #23 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:50 »

he said before, he just wants to be happy.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #24 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:52 »

I havnt seen him clap his hands,  I dont think he is happy or he doesnt know, or really doesnt want to show it.  :wink:

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #25 on: 11 Aug 2009, 16:57 »

No, Marten's not solely motivated by sex, otherwise he would have dropped Faye completely as a friend after he and Dora became a couple. He'd just be saying "hi/bye" to her as he walked past her in the apartment, and not much more than "hi, is Dora here?" when he came to the coffee shop. He also might have kicked Faye out of the apartment after "The Talk" if all he wanted from her was sex.

I'm just saying it's only natural that when people get into romantic relationships, they tend to spend more time with their lovers than their friends, at least early on in the relationship, which it still is for Marten and Dora. I tried to say that in a joking manner in my post above, guess I shouldn't have left out the smiley. In fact, maybe I should edit it and add a couple...
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #26 on: 11 Aug 2009, 17:03 »

I agree themacnut, however I am not saying its a bad thing, just a possible reason for Faye's insecurities is that she doesnt hang out with Marten as much anymore.  It IS because he is with dora, but that doesnt mean Faye cant feel left out.

wargrafix

• Furry furrier
« Reply #27 on: 11 Aug 2009, 17:05 »

I havnt seen him clap his hands,  I dont think he is happy or he doesnt know, or really doesnt want to show it.  :wink:

martin never striked me as a "clapper"

maddness

• FIGHT YOU
  • What a curious and altogether strange place.
    • tweet, twit.
« Reply #28 on: 11 Aug 2009, 20:13 »

marigoldfarmer @pintsize0101 sorry I'm not into girl on girl

I think that pretty much makes it official, folks!
I SAY I only fuck donkeys but sometimes I fuck mules too
Fight Me, Bitches!

Nightson

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #29 on: 11 Aug 2009, 20:59 »

Heh, so from Marigold's twitter

"sorry I'm not into girl on girl"

Not that I expect it to do a single thing at all to discourage marigold/hanners shippers

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #30 on: 11 Aug 2009, 21:12 »

No, Marten's not solely motivated by sex, otherwise he would have dropped Faye completely as a friend after he and Dora became a couple. He'd just be saying "hi/bye" to her as he walked past her in the apartment, and not much more than "hi, is Dora here?" when he came to the coffee shop. He also might have kicked Faye out of the apartment after "The Talk" if all he wanted from her was sex.

I'm just saying it's only natural that when people get into romantic relationships, they tend to spend more time with their lovers than their friends, at least early on in the relationship, which it still is for Marten and Dora. I tried to say that in a joking manner in my post above, guess I shouldn't have left out the smiley. In fact, maybe I should edit it and add a couple...

whoops sorry

Have a sorry high five    o/

Mein Tumblr
Pages: [1]   Go Up