THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 18:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: The new X-men(HELLA SPOILERS!)  (Read 41310 times)

Makeout_Hobo

The new X-men(HELLA SPOILERS!)
« on: 26 May 2006, 01:25 »

So bad.

SO FUCKING BAD!

ARGHHFA:SDFASDf

PROBLEMS!

SO MANY PROBLEMS!

ALSO SPOILERS! DO NOT READ ITALICS IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!

PROBLEM ONE!
Okay you can't just... kill Cyclops with no fanfare and pretend it never happened except for like 2 fake emotional scenes.
PROBLEM TWO!
YOU CAN'T FUCKING KILL PROFESSER FUCKING CHARLES FUCKING XAVIER WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!
PROBLEM THREE!
No one acted in character, AT ALL! Magneto is not the kind of guy who would just order mass amounts of his troops forward to have them depowered. That is not something he would do! Nor would he kill people just for the sake of killing them! It's not who he is! Likewise, Wolveriene kept being an emotional little bitch, which really bugged the hell out of me.
PROBLEM FOUR!
You can't fucking depower Mystique, and you sure as all fucking HELL can't depower mag fucking neto. Nor can you depower Rogue. WHAT THE FUCK RATNER!
PROBLEM FIVE!
THE WHOLE FUCKING MOVIE!
All they did was steal the scenes they thought were best from various moments in various X-men comics. The line "I hope those grow back" was SAID TO WOLVERIENE in a Punisher comic. The shot of Magneto at the end is straight from Ultimate X-men, and Wolveriene killing Jean(again) was a rip from when he killed her in Morrison's New X-men. The Storm/Callisto fight, which I assume was put in for the sake of fan boys who know Storm beat Callisto's ass for the leadership of the Morlocks, was boring. Leech was that same obnoxious bald kid from fucking Ultraviolet, for christ's sake.

I know that I am being a pretty stereotypical comic book guy here, but I honestly fucking loathed! this movie. The fact that they butchered Joss Whedon's idea pissed me off like all holy hell too. Also also, what the fuck was Jean Grey supposed to be Madlyene Prior? Are they going into that weird of continuity? Or was it just an allusion in regards to this movie sucking. I almost walked out when magneto lost his powers. I will have more coherant arguments tommorow after I am no longer on the verge of madness at how FUCKING HORRIBLE THIS MOVIE FUCKING WAS!!!

Things I liked.

Kitty Pride was hot.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2006, 02:25 »

No dude, from the other spoilers I've read (because I pretty much knew in advance that I wasn't going to watch it anyway) I think that you're pretty spot on.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2006, 02:34 »

Dear fucking god.

Thank you for saving me what little money I have.

Makeout_Hobo

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2006, 02:36 »

I mean, I am just sad, because like... the first two were so good!

But this was so bad!

I totally want to fuck Kitty Pride though. She's 19, so no snide remarks, if you don't mind! Please, help me with this mission.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2006, 02:48 »

They are, the first two were just awesome!  Oh man, from the sound of it this was far worse then I even expected.  From the trailers I was expecting something more a long of the line of the nano-senteniels, but depowering?!  FUCKING SHITDICK.  I'm just glad I still have booze in my system when I read all that.  Those are all the opposite of spoilers to me.

Also.  Oh man.  I had to look it up but Kitty Pride is hot.  Always has been one of my favourite charecters.

FUCKING Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut had me laughing when I saw a shot of that.

AceGun

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2006, 08:21 »

ok, so as a movie this was complete shit, but since i was such a huge fan of the comics i found it really interesting.  i enjoyed the fact that i had no fucking idea what was going to happen.  i doubt i could watch it a second time, but this first time kept me asking questions throughout the whole thing.  It was weird not knowing who was going to die or lose their powers.

Of course, there is way more to complain about though.  all of magneto's decisions were completely out of character.  what the hell was up with their choices of characters?  I know he basically took the Astonishing X-Men team as best he could, but hey had the opportunity to use tons of characters the fans wanted to see as members of magnetos group/morlocks, but they chose quill and arclight?  what the hell?  Why was angel completely left out of the second half of the movie, pretty much?  I don't think he had a single line after he arrived at the mansion.  They stole the speech about the cure almost word for word out of Astonishing X-Men, but decided not to actually use the story that was created around it?  What was up with the decision to center around Storm so much?  She's normally a good character, but Berry could not pull it off.

There are many more complaints, but here are some high points:
-Fastball special
-"i'm the juggernaut, bitch"

I just hope they get someone else to do the next one (if you stayed after the credits, you know there's going to be a next one).

Makeout_Hobo

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2006, 10:15 »

Can you tell me what happened after the credits? I sort of ran out of that theatre.

AceGun

« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2006, 10:21 »

do you remember that video that the professor showed to his class?  and he talked about doing something that may or may not be ethical?  yah, he did that.  So basically, Moira comes to check the status of the coma patient, and then he starts to talk in Xavier's voice.  she says "Charles?" and then it's over.

Makeout_Hobo

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2006, 10:37 »

Quote from: AceGun
do you remember that video that the professor showed to his class?  and he talked about doing something that may or may not be ethical?  yah, he did that.  So basically, Moira comes to check the status of the coma patient, and then he starts to talk in Xavier's voice.  she says "Charles?" and then it's over.

That's more incredibly idiotic than something that makes me happy about Prof-X being alive.

DAMN YOU RATNER.

AceGun

« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2006, 10:57 »

here's hoping someone new somehow recovers the franchise.  I'd like to think that this movie sets up for the next movie to make a wonderful resurrection, and will be much better because of how horrible this one was.

Garcin

« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2006, 11:33 »

As soon as I found out that Prof X dies, and that it was a pale shadow of the first two, I pretty much decided not to go unless I was dragged.  Many thanks Kieffer -- now I won't go even if I'm dragged.  And, umm, number 4 isn't really a good number for a series so I'm not that optimistic about the next one.  (Aside from James Bond, Harry Potter, and Star Trek that is).

Makeout_Hobo

« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2006, 11:34 »

Go see it anyway, fuckers.

It needs to make money so they'll make another one.

Garcin

« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2006, 11:36 »

Can I just send them money in a box and not see it?  I'm really miserable in bad movies, and then I make everyone else as miserable as I am by talking a lot.

Garcin

« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2006, 11:45 »

I think the most obvious route would be to give Hugh Jackman his own movie and due a Wolverine spin-off.  Probably going to happen anyway.  If they kind find a director worth a damn (maybe one who didn't do fucking Rush Hour), it might even be worth watching.

But as for Marvel movies that I would really want to see: a Doctor Strange spinoff could be awesome if it were done with a light touch.  Maybe someone comparable with Alfonso Cuarón since he did such a great job with Prisoner of Azkaban.  That's right -- old skool.

AceGun

« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2006, 12:29 »

well, x4 has already been confirmed.  so that will happen.  hopefully, they just get someone good to write/direct it.  I think the right person can recover from this.  I think if they focused on the younger x-men (rogue, iceman, colossus, shadowcat), it could work just fine.  An Iceman/Rogue/Shadowcat/Gambit love square, anyone?

Oh, you should still go see the movie.  the fight at the beginning is pretty cool, and the Phoenix effects looks pretty neat.

AceGun

« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2006, 13:05 »

ok, i read it http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/01/fox_confirms_xmen_4.html">here, but I read their source and it really doesn't confirm X4, just Wolverine and Magneto spinoffs.  So, maybe X4 isn't as confirmed as I thought, still just rumors.

I don't see why they can't just go "Joss Whedon, please make the next movie!  we want people to actually like it!"  I have complete faith that he could recover from this sorry display.

Makeout_Hobo

« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2006, 15:44 »

I would only watch a Joss Whedon X-men movie if Nathan Fillion was in it. He can play anyone, he's just gotta be there. And in more than a cameo role.

StarMinion1

• Plantmonster
« Reply #17 on: 26 May 2006, 18:07 »

I believe someone told me that the Juggernaut was going to say "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" but it it still managed to surprise me...  The internet has a large influence on culture.

And I do have to say that I thought Kitty was 12 too...

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2006, 18:42 »

I liked it.... And i've read the comics and watched the TV show. (i'm 18)

The first half i liked alot. but i think they dropped the ball on the second half.

Maybe i'm just Gae for Xmen, that i'd like anything they threw at me.

Disapointed =yes
still enjoyed myself = yes

please dont crucify me like they did to Wolverine, on a giant X.

Makeout_Hobo

« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2006, 19:03 »

I hate you.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME TASTE AS ME OR BE DESTROYYYEDDD!

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2006, 19:19 »

Quote from: Spinless
Guys...DEADPOOL!
Ryan Reynolds wants to play Deadpool in a movie.

WHAT?!?

I would fall to my knees, weeping tears of joy.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2006, 20:41 »

Arg, I'm sorry Makeout Hobo, I shall go commit Seppuku... MULTIPLE times.

*weep*

/End Life x 3

Daniel

« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2006, 21:36 »

I liked it!

And I'm a comic book geek. To the max. But I don't care that things aren't the same as in the comics.

It entertained me.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #23 on: 27 May 2006, 01:52 »

Although the movie was unremarkable, there was one bit which really scared me, the actress who played Arclight looked just like Prince dressed as a hooker and with boobs!!
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

lh1031

« Reply #24 on: 27 May 2006, 02:12 »

I agree with the above.  The first time I saw her I couldnt figure out if she was a boy with fake boobs or a very masculine girl.  

I hated the movie, and not for the same reasons you guys did.  I have never read the comics, but my dad did, so I knew just enough to know who the characters are and how their powers work.  That being said.  I am a theatre major so the nerdiness is about to come out.

Complaint One:  Badly written corny one liners ex: "The best defense is a good offense" "Are YOU ready to do what you have to do?"

Complaint Two:  Halley Berry.  I like her.  Most of the things I have seen her in were good, but she was just awful in this.  It makes me sad.  Storm needs more strength than Berry gave her.  It was obvious the script was written to focus on the two big name actors Berry and Jackman, but come on they're a team you cant focus on two characters just because you want to.

Complaint Three:  Random Deaths.  Cyclops?! WTF?!  HE didnt even have a role in this movie.  There was NO character development.  I mean I know he was developed in previous movies, but REALLY?!  An off camera death after a kiss gone wrong?  Are you kidding?!  Professor X.  What was that smile he gave Logan right before he died?  Out of character.  Xavier doesnt smile.  Plus he got really whiny there towards the end of his life too.

Complaint Four:  Mediocre Acting.  With the exception of McKellan and Stewart (who I would watch fold laundry) the cast was awful.  Overdone sterotypical acting.  *Acting voice* I am Scott I am brooding.  Watch me brood.

I am sure there is more, but it sucked.  They might have to make a fourth just to keep all the fans from imploding.  They cant leave us on this note!

Can they?!

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #25 on: 27 May 2006, 08:25 »

I enjoyed the movie, but there was some sillyness in it. I didn't like Professor X at all in it, I don't get how he blamed Wolverine for Jean/Phoenix waking up. He didn't do much besides warn, whine, and die. And then come back to life.
The lines and dialog was largely crap. I never liked Cyclops anyways so I don't mind his death that much. Wolverine was too weepy all the time though. I don't like Jean getting 'cured', I do like how Wolverine didn't talk her out of it, just made her think about it.
I thought the deaths were good in the movie, and besides that I liked the action sequences, basically. I was waiting for Magneto to start using the cars as ballistic weapons, that's always fun. It was a great big mutant party.
I haven't read many of the comics (though I have seen the cartoons!), but I was hoping Magneto would be less evil, not sure if that fits. One thing I like about this series is how the bad guy is completely right in his own mind and isn't too evil about it. As well as how mourned Charles' death.

Like the hobo said, if they make money off of this, they may make more, and it is probably decent as far as summer movies go if you're looking for some fun. But if you've read the comics, you'll probably be less inclined to agree with me.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #26 on: 27 May 2006, 09:37 »

*starts chanting "Deadpool"*

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #27 on: 27 May 2006, 12:24 »

Wow. So much hatred.

I thought it was decent, actually. I went in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad. As a movie it was pretty damn sweet.

They just fucked up the characters really bad. I wish they hadn't wasted such an awesome storyline like the Phoenix like they did, but everything else can be salvaged by Bryan Singer or Joss Whedon in the next movie.

I'm just soooo goddamn tired of the stupidly evil Magneto in the movies. I wish he hadn't gotten his power back.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

xeyexlinerx

« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2006, 12:45 »

Well, I was thinking of going to see it, but now I won' bother *chuckles*

poeticallybored

« Reply #29 on: 27 May 2006, 12:52 »

I literally just walked in the door from having seen it. I expected mediocrity in the movie, so most of the movie itself is excusable, to me.

Yes, the acting bit, Storm and Cyclops in particular, but what could you have expected having seen the first two? Glad Cyclops is dead (though they don't actually show him dieing so, hell, they might bring him back).

I hate how Berry was bitching about not having a more central role in the films so they upped Storm's role to appease her. She didn't have a more central role because SHE'S A HORRIBLE ACTRESS.

Criticism of Jackman's Wolverine is a little harsh. Even Wolverine has feelings.

But it's the ending that has me annoyed. WHAT THE FUCK!

If Xavier transfered his mind into rando dude's body, how the hell did he talk to Moira like that?

1) If he spoke to Moira through his mouth, he would not have the same voice as Xavier's old body.

2) It's not Xavier's old body, so he would not have mutant powers, unless the guy ever-so-conveniently were also a telepath.

And then there's the Magneto getting his powers back deal. Everyone else will get their powers back, and if they don't, that's crap. They better have a damn good way of justifying how this happens.

I hope Rogue gets her powers back right when she and Iceman start doing it. Her vagina killing Bobby would be the most hilarious way for them to introduce a Rogue/Gambit romance.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #30 on: 27 May 2006, 13:21 »

Quote from: poeticallybored

If Xavier transfered his mind into rando dude's body, how the hell did he talk to Moira like that?

1) If he spoke to Moira through his mouth, he would not have the same voice as Xavier's old body.

2) It's not Xavier's old body, so he would not have mutant powers, unless the guy ever-so-conveniently were also a telepath.

Actually, since it was Moira who was the doctor, it's very possible that the person he transferred into was Proteus, which means he could actually just use Proteus's immense power to make himself Xavier again.

Which is kinda cheap.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

poeticallybored

« Reply #31 on: 27 May 2006, 13:57 »

My friend and I already thought about that on the way home from the theater. Very cheap.

Maximo Bean

« Reply #32 on: 27 May 2006, 14:52 »

I hated how Rogue got rid of her powers. It was a fucking waste of my admiration for her.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #33 on: 27 May 2006, 15:59 »

^ Yeah, no crap.

That's not what Rogue would do. Ever.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
« Reply #34 on: 27 May 2006, 16:57 »

;_;

it was all a bad dream!  An alternate universe!

PS-  Cyclops has been one of my fave x-men and I hate that's what he got.  But yeah, habeas corpus on him.  Then... if Jean's a psychic along with being telekinetic, right?  Why attack Wolverine physically? It's no secret you can psychically wound him.  

*groan*  oh well.  I still went to see it.

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #35 on: 27 May 2006, 17:00 »

Am I the only one who wanted Magneto and Prof. X to kiss outside jean's house at the beginning of the movie?

I'd pay to see magneto/prof x makeouts.
also israel

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #36 on: 27 May 2006, 17:17 »

While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of this thread, in that X3 is a shitty movie (as indicated by the emoticon it forms), I only have one thing to add to it.  Three little words.

THEY.  CUT.  NIGHTCRAWLER.

Seriously, they don't even *justify* it in the movie?  And I know he's in the game, but so are Iceman and Wolverine, fer God's sake.  Nightcrawler is probably my favourite Marvel character, and they cut him out just so they could have Wolverine switch into full Gary-Stu superhero mode.

FAIL.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #37 on: 27 May 2006, 18:16 »

I kind of really liked it.  Maybe it's because I have less emotional attachment to the characters.  I thought it was intense, and that's more or less all I ask for from a movie.

Thoku

« Reply #38 on: 27 May 2006, 18:52 »

Quote from: E. Spaceman
Although the movie was unremarkable, there was one bit which really scared me, the actress who played Arclight looked just like Prince dressed as a hooker and with boobs!!

shockingly true... im quite disturbed now! *shudder*

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #39 on: 27 May 2006, 19:06 »

Quote from: Tergon
While I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of this thread, in that X3 is a shitty movie (as indicated by the emoticon it forms), I only have one thing to add to it.  Three little words.

THEY.  CUT.  NIGHTCRAWLER.

Seriously, they don't even *justify* it in the movie?  And I know he's in the game, but so are Iceman and Wolverine, fer God's sake.  Nightcrawler is probably my favourite Marvel character, and they cut him out just so they could have Wolverine switch into full Gary-Stu superhero mode.

FAIL.

"They" did not cut crap.

Alan "Cumming" did not want to be in the movie because he hated wearign the makeup.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #40 on: 27 May 2006, 19:57 »

Alan Cumming was one of the people so enthusiastic about the elaborate makeup in X2, so it's his own bloody fault.  Besides which, Nightcrawler doesn't even *look* like that.  He has blue fur, not elaborate tattoos.

And hell, all I want is an explanation.  Give me a *reason* why he's not there.  A major character from X2 just disappears without a trace in X3?  That's just poor scripting.  At the very least there should have been a mention of him to explain why he's no longer there.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Daniel

« Reply #41 on: 27 May 2006, 20:03 »

Nightcrawler's in th'game set between X2 and 3, I guess they'll explain what happened to him there...

Quote from: LiterSize

it was all a bad dream!  An alternate universe!

It is an alternate universe?!

Electric Monk

« Reply #42 on: 27 May 2006, 21:27 »

It's funny cause I went to see this today just because a friend I hadn't seen in a while wanted to go see a movie and I thought "What the heck, I get to see some people get thrown through walls, shouldn't be that bad."

I was wrong.

My biggest problem is that for the life of me I can't make sense of the last action scene. Why doesn't Magneto have Jean just explode all the human soldiers instead of sending in other mutants when he knows the soldiers have cure guns? Why do the X-Men defend the building at all? Why do the X-Men not even flinch at using lethal force to stop the mutants on Magneto's side who are only trying to defend themselves against what they see as a threat? Why didn't anyone tell Kitty Pryde that being with a couple feet of Leech takes away your powers? How do Kitty and Juggernaut know what room Leech is in to begin with?

My brain huuuuurts....

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #43 on: 27 May 2006, 23:22 »

magneto should have given his mutants guns. ARRGH I lost my powers, but eat lead you blowdart wielding motherfuckers!
also israel

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #44 on: 27 May 2006, 23:44 »

All these talk of the bad stuff in the movie made me forget the highlight:  Nekkid Rebecca Romijn Stamos!! (rather sad actually)
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

Mnementh

« Reply #45 on: 28 May 2006, 01:03 »

I'm sad that Katie Stuart didn't play Kitty Pryde in this one.

Maximo Bean

« Reply #46 on: 28 May 2006, 07:08 »

I thought her name was KATIE. Pft. Shows how much I know.
And why didn't Wolverine just get rid of Jean's powers rather than killing her?
AND WHAT WAS UP WITH THE WHOLE XAVIER THING AFTER THE CREDITS?

...I miss the old Rogue. She so wouldn't have done that. Bobby would have disowned her. Pft. I am outraged at the whole thing.

... enjoyed it though.

poeticallybored

« Reply #47 on: 28 May 2006, 07:31 »

Overly critical of Rogue.

Mutant power
vs.
The romancin'. To know the touch of another person, even.

Tough call.

We lonely loveless overprioritize love. Sacrifices can be made.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #48 on: 28 May 2006, 08:23 »

See, it's movie adaptations like these that make me happy that I am not totally way into comic books.  I am pretty sure that if I were I would be filled with class-10 rage and be able to hurl the harbour bridge at whoever wrote the script.

Every single thing I hear about this movie makes me just shake my fucking head.  These are the people that get paid to make movies?  Fucking hell.  What scripts were rejected?

Manta Ray

« Reply #49 on: 28 May 2006, 09:23 »

I did not get why the X-men were fighting the other mutants. They should have just let them destroy the facility.

It was a good action movie, but it's story was terrible. It was basically a lesson in Human-Mutant relations.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up