THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The worst song ever?  (Read 56978 times)

Energy Turtle

The worst song ever?
« Reply #200 on: 14 Aug 2006, 03:10 »

You guys need to get serious on the dancefloor
www.euromotiondance.com
also, best rap album cover ever

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
The worst song ever?
« Reply #201 on: 14 Aug 2006, 05:18 »

Quote from: Scytale
Quote from: Lummer
Quote from: TheSilverWolf

A band that I can't get behind, no matter what the song, is Opeth. I'm a metalhead, but they are WAY too growly.

Yeah, that "Damnation" disc is WAY too grindcore for me as well.

Sorry dude, but in Accordance to the Rules Of Metal, you are deemed extremely false. One does not dislike Opeth as a "Metalhead", and escape unscathed.

Most Metalhead's I know dislike Opeth because they aren't "heavy" enough, of course these are the sought of people who think "Apocalyptic Raids" or the "Pure Fucking Armageddon" rehersal tape are the zenith of metal or if you wanna quote that link "the ultimate".

You've got to be the first metalhead I've met with that reaction to Opeth..

The metalheads that call Opeth "too soft", are clearly the less intelligent, neanderthal breed of metalhead. And I say this in all seriousness!

I consider Opeth to be one of the heaviest bands in the genre, simply they take things down quite often. They have mastered dynamics in a really subtle and effective way.

The contrast between the quiet and loud parts is an effect in it's self, since you get lulled into a peaceful mood, and then BAM it goes all Death Metal on yo ass.
However, the quiet sections also have an emotional impact and sincerity, that is way heavier than all manner of blastbeats and manic screaming.
Heavy in the way that a Nick Cave album or the Cure's "Disintegration" is heavy. Nevertheless, their headbangy sections are still mondo kickass.

My point is, that blasting away at 240 bpm all the time gets really boring really fast, unless it's Hate Eternal or Nile, but even they slow it down every now and again. But that doesn't that we don't have kids who just want full-on grind all the time. I say let 'em :p

EDIT: Holy pretentiousness Batman! Oh well, I made my point.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
The worst song ever?
« Reply #202 on: 14 Aug 2006, 05:32 »

Quote from: KharBevNor
Quote from: Lummer
the Rules Of Metal

Those rules are way too American. Leather trousers are still pretty true over here in Europe, probably second only to kilts as metal-as-fuck lower-half clothing. Same with the grammar. Plus, there's rules missing, like the 'never by halfs' rule and all its applications: Half pints and mixers are false, shots and pints are true. T-shirts are false, longsleeves and vests are true, and so on.

I've gone off Opeth quite a bit, but I've got to say seeing them live catapulted them fucking way up in my estimation. Akerfeldt is a great front-man, really funny and with an appropriately outrageous accent, and their older tunes in particular slay a hell of a lot of ass. The Leper Affinity blew me, and the six other guys I was linked arms with in a headbanging line, completely away.

"This was...good album for us. Very popular. In fact, with proceeds from this album, I buy six castles in Switzerland. It was called...Blackwater Park. You know it? Yes I thought you might. This track is the...first track from that album. it is The Leper Affinity, and if you do not headbang, you are fucking poser."

Yeah, some things need to be added to 'em. By Europeans :p

I saw Opeth at roskilde, and it was kickass, but they didn't have enough time, so they didn't play Leper Affinity :(

Jayfarer

The worst song ever?
« Reply #203 on: 15 Aug 2006, 03:15 »

Quote from: ComfortEagle
Quote from: Jayfarer
There is a new song by the band Plain White T's entitled "Hate (I really don't like you)"

It is probably the most poorly written song I have heard in a long time.

You do realize what band your talking about right? You have come upon a gold mine.

No, no I don't.  I just know I heard it on the radio and had to find out who it was so I could direct my repulsion at something.  Is there something I should know about them?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
The worst song ever?
« Reply #204 on: 15 Aug 2006, 06:38 »

Every song of theirs sucks balls, and each and every one of them is a contender for worst song.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

redtokyoboxers

The worst song ever?
« Reply #205 on: 22 Aug 2006, 03:10 »

I registered just for this topic, because I'm shocked.

No one mentioned hed p.e., and I would like to nominate 'Crazy Legs'.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up