THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 16:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single best video game you have ever played...  (Read 40154 times)

ackblom12

Re: Single best video game you have ever played...
« Reply #150 on: 19 Nov 2006, 05:51 »

Now that i have had more time to think about it...

Fallout 2

I love planting armed time bombs on the bastard children in The Den.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #151 on: 19 Nov 2006, 21:18 »

kind of like using timed mines in Perfect Dark and sticking them to peoples' faces... oh the simple pleasures in life.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

daniel40392

« Reply #152 on: 29 Nov 2006, 02:10 »

Some of my Favourite Games would have to be:

-Quake 3 (4 is good, but online play isnt as good as q3 thats just what I think)

-Unreal tournament 2004

-Starcraft

-Warcraft II (am I the only person who loved that game? I never got to finish it because my old monitor was to dark so you couldn't see those dam oil patches in the water it all looked the same colour!)

-The Curse of Monkey Island

-Runescape (I know im gonna get a ton of abuse over that, but I just find it a good way to pass the time)

-Hidden & Dangerous II Kicked serious ass! Just remembering it, it was pure class

-Command & Conquer series, it's all good.

-Now Half-Life 2, I installed it recently but whats with the long loading times, and that whole steam thing seems pointless to me.

-Commando's 3. It was a good game I spent many an hour on it.

-Grand Theft Auto (the original all others except 3 I found terrible)

-The Sims not a bad series at all.

-Max Payne, classic game as well.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #153 on: 29 Nov 2006, 02:50 »

Sadly enough, I too enjoy Runescape from time to time.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

daniel40392

« Reply #154 on: 29 Nov 2006, 02:53 »

Well thank god i'm not the only one ;)

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #155 on: 29 Nov 2006, 06:59 »

The best videogames I've ever played, by system:

NES- Super Mario 3, Legend of Zelda

Genesis/MegaDrive- Shining Force 2, Streets of Rage 2

SNES- Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI (aka III when it was released in the U.S.), Chrono Trigger (this was the first RPG I ever bought. It was 60 bucks and ZOMG AMAZING)

Playstation 1- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid

Nintendo 64- Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Dreamcast- Shenmue, Powerstone 2, Phantasy Star Online 1

Playstation 2- Final Fantasy X, Grand Theft Auto 3

Gamecube- Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Resident Evil 4

Xbox- Halo 2, Star Wars: KOTOR 1, Fable (flawed, but still pretty great)

GBA- All the Castlevanias, Metroid Fusion

Marneus90

• Plantmonster
  • I found Jesus. He was in the kitchen.
« Reply #156 on: 30 Nov 2006, 03:33 »

Goldeneye or Ocarina of Time for N64. both. awesome. games.
If anything, they were the only reason to buy an N64 in the first place.

I pity you...
98% of people believe the statistics in people's signatures. If you're one of the 2% who dont, copy and paste this into your sig.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #157 on: 30 Nov 2006, 03:54 »

pity, nothing.  Don't you notice the amazingly unclear graphics? the crappy point-and-click system?  the option to follow people that users constantly abuse, and annoy the hell out of everyone?

oh, wait.....  :oops:

*Sights*

• Larger than most fish
  • " "" "
« Reply #158 on: 30 Nov 2006, 04:31 »

Chrono Trigger (this was the first RPG I ever bought. It was 60 bucks and ZOMG AMAZING)

I have a strange relationship with this game. I've never finished it, not once. But i love it's music. Really, it owns.

The same thing happens with a lot of japanese rpgs. Some i haven't even played. But they would be worth having on soundtracks alone.

Also, Smash Bros for Nintendo 64 is legend. I remember me and my brother used to play against each other and we were both so good it would sometimes take hours for us to kill each other. He was a sore loser, so he would press that annoying botton sequence that quits the match whenever he was about to lose. Once, i felt i had enough of it, so i disconnected his controller before he could do it. Got me a black eye and lot of pride.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #159 on: 30 Nov 2006, 06:00 »

Since there's no way I'll ever be able to pick one favoritest-geegolly-I-love-this-game game, I'm just going to list games that have kept my soul firmly in their pocket like so much change and a stick of gum for long periods of time.

It probably all started KOEI's original Romance of the Three Kingdoms title for 8-Bit NES.? Back in 1990, my brother and I used to drive our parents freaking bananas at the dinner table, talking about Cao Cao, Sun Ce, Lu Bu, Xiahou Yuan/Dun, Ma Teng, and all these other two-thousand-years-dead Chinese warlords.? They probably thought their nine-year-old was possessed.

After that, I'd have to say Shining Force and Shining Force 2 for Sega Genesis.? Holy crap.

Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn -- that game will always remind me of Megadeth's "Cryptic Writings" and Bruce Dickinson's "Accident of Birth."? Twisted Metal 2 for PS1 was a *great* party game, as was Virtua Fighter 2 for Saturn.? We used to have tournaments all through the winter of 8th grade, with about 20 people in one basement, every Friday night.

Final Fantasy VII on PC, as meh as it is now in retrospect, made me stay inside a lot during the summer of '98.

Shame on me for saying so, but The Sims would make entire days pass by without me noticing, back in '00.

And the most recent additions would have to be Star Wars -- Knights of the Old Republic on PC.? I played that way too many times.? I'm still feeling the ticks and jitters from just having cancelled my World of Warcraft account last week.? That was two years of my life down the drain, but it also got me a trip to Vegas, which was fun.? Now I find myself happily enjoying Oblivion on the PC, and other games on the PS2 I got last Christmas... God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Guitar Hero I and II, Star Wars Battlefront, etc.

All in all, much of my life has been wasted on gaming.? Join the club, eh?

Sarcasmorator

« Reply #160 on: 30 Nov 2006, 13:47 »

Week by week, Final Fantasy XII is edging into this spot. The game is just fantastic ? most FF games devolve at some point into a race to finish off the story line for me, but I keep finding myself wandering off to do side quests and kill hunt marks instead of sticking to the main quest. Not to mention I hardly ever hit the 55-hour mark in a game these days ? and I'd estimate there's at least 10 or 15 hours of game left in the main storyline, and that's without any sidequests or whatever.

kokeyjoe

« Reply #161 on: 30 Nov 2006, 17:41 »

Yeah, I should be receiving a package of Christmas presents from Mom and Dad soon, and I'm expecting a wrapped Final Fantasy XII in that box.  This'll be the first Final Fantasy title I've actually owned since VIII, back in '99 on PC.  I'm very excited.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #162 on: 01 Dec 2006, 01:28 »

I totally forgot Earthbound in my post. Love me some Earthbound. I had monomania for that game for close to a year...

rasufelle

« Reply #163 on: 01 Dec 2006, 08:15 »

The original Tetris.  Nothing else I've ever played has come even close to the pure addictiveness of it, and the music is absolutely perfect.  It's a pity that every title released since has been crap- Worlds had a saving grace in that the backgrounds and the announcer's voice alone made the game worth playing, but the music was horrid.

Also, Final Fantasy IX and V.  Two of the greatest RPGs of all time.

CaptainLorax

« Reply #164 on: 01 Dec 2006, 12:57 »

in my heyday my favorite game was Legend of Zelda: A link to the past
I had a big 2D fighting game phase. I still love to play them. There's no reason to not know all the street fighter turbo and alpha characters. Also street fighter 3 characters. Dark Stalkers and King of Fighters rock also.

my favorite games today are 2 player arcade style games:
exampe: Buster Brothers Collection (PS1)

I am still looking for an epic game like oblivion but with different dynamics.
Someone mentioned Quest For Glory 4. I like how you can train your chracter to be stronger by killing things, rope climbing at the gym, etc.  Yet it was still an adventure game like the 'amazing gastronomical and cultural phenomenon' that is Sam and Max.

Grawsith

« Reply #165 on: 01 Dec 2006, 15:22 »

Magical. Just awe-inspiring.

Abattur

• Furry furrier
  • CTHULHU! FUCK YEAH!
« Reply #166 on: 05 Dec 2006, 21:44 »

Either NetHack or UFO:Enemy Unknown (X-Com for you americans)

Damn i still wish they would create modernized version of UFO, that does not suck.
YOUR RESISTANCE ONLY MAKES MY PENIS HARDER!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up