THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LISTEN OR DIE!! (Forced Listening, mkII)  (Read 65355 times)

camelpimp

Re: LISTEN OR DIE!! (Forced Listening, mkII)
« Reply #100 on: 01 Dec 2006, 03:46 »

Not sure what to say about it; seems like competant but terribly interesting folk music. Maybe I'm too much a philistine but I didn't find terribly interesting. Although the "woo" noises the chorus and some of the mannerisms of the singer made me think this is supposed to be funny. So 6/10 because it made me crack a smile.

Gah, I suck suck suck at music review.

Anyway: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=29E4CD0D4A5DE039 Arrogant Worms: Mounted Animal Nature Trail

Arg, how do you get it to link the text itself?

Der Golem

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.ihavenowebsite.com
« Reply #101 on: 01 Dec 2006, 05:52 »

This is ridiculously bad. It has a minute and a half of announcing the song and making bad jokes. Then the song starts. And the song is really just an extremely basic chord progression played on a guitar, but the bad jokes just keep coming. Cringe-worthy. I'm sorry to give a track 1/10, but this really deserved it.

Alan Stivell - De' Ha' Bla'
 http://www.sendspace.com/file/qiij8o

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #102 on: 01 Dec 2006, 06:07 »

Alan Stivell - De' Ha Bla

Now this is what I call music. I think French folk, just some sort of harp and voice. The harp playing is beautiful and atmospheric, and the vocals have a perfect folk rawness that's more beautiful than any operatic polish. 9.5/10

Now, since several others seem to have posting music made by themselves and their relatives, time for me to throw in some of my own music again.

Halo of Flies - Cinema Inferno

[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #103 on: 01 Dec 2006, 06:25 »

This is fairly strange.  I'm not really digging it very much.  Okay, now I'm starting to really dislike this.  This sounds like pretty bland techno/industrial.  Actually, I'd rather listen to black metal.  Okay, it's quieting down now, and playing some halfway interesting sounds.  Is that a harmonica I hear?  Argh, if there's anything I hate, it's synthesised cymbal noises. 

Eh, some of the last part was interesting: 3/10

My Disco- Perfect Protection
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=55044640
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #104 on: 02 Dec 2006, 02:26 »

bumping this thread.  It deserves to be bumped, though probably not grinded.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #105 on: 04 Dec 2006, 09:50 »

Nobody has the balls to listen to My Disco?

kevin gee

« Reply #106 on: 04 Dec 2006, 10:24 »

My Disco - Perfect Protection

Lots of sort-of-clangy/metallic-y sounding guitars with angular rhythms typical of the current trend in "indie rock". It's better than mainstream radio rock fair, but ultimately not impressive. I give it a 6/10

I submit: Eric's Trip - My Room

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VTQnC6kmsBM

it's a video because I can't really find the songs I like enough to discuss in just audio. hopefully this is not offensive.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #107 on: 04 Dec 2006, 11:14 »

It's math rock, really.

Anyway, I like this Eric's Trip song.  It's pretty typical Pavement/Dinosaur Jr indie stuff, but ultimately enjoyable.  7/10.

Anway, this is the song currently on my Myspace profile: Corm- Ten Thousand Leagues
Congratulations, you know where I live.

www.myspace.com/perpetualwalrus

Narr

« Reply #108 on: 07 Dec 2006, 11:42 »

The song listed is no longer the profile song, so I'm just going to start fresh.

http://download.yousendit.com/FF0F21915E22F286

Song is "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  I figured we'd have to get some holiday music up, so might as well make it an awesome, awesome song.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #109 on: 13 Dec 2006, 03:02 »

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra- "Wizards in Winter"
This is completely ridiculous, but in a totally awesome way.  9/10

Now for some Japanese stuff:
Eastern Youth- "Dondei Ni Sumu Otoko"
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Der Golem

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.ihavenowebsite.com
« Reply #110 on: 13 Dec 2006, 04:58 »

This is actually pretty good rock. Nice melodies, good riffs, tight and varied drums and the singer sounds like he actually cares about whatever he's saying. The bass actually does something other than play root notes and following the guitar, and the song structure is not too repetative. Not really my music, but I can't find fault with it. 8/10

Current 93 - Then Kill C?sar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yk7h6t

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #111 on: 13 Dec 2006, 05:34 »

Pumpkin pies?  Lol, I think I heard that right.  Song's alright.  Quite repetitive though, so it gets a 6/10.

Propagandhi- With Friends Like These Who the Fuck Needs Cointelpro?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/i4t5yt

ImRonBurgundy?

• "That's all," he added.
« Reply #112 on: 13 Dec 2006, 06:40 »

This is actually pretty good rock. Nice melodies, good riffs, tight and varied drums and the singer sounds like he actually cares about whatever he's saying. The bass actually does something other than play root notes and following the guitar, and the song structure is not too repetative. Not really my music, but I can't find fault with it. 8/10

You forgot to mention that there's a flute in there, too.  It's just so crazy and incongruous with everything else in the song, but it works somehow.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Scytale

« Reply #113 on: 16 Dec 2006, 14:06 »

Propagandhi- With Friends Like These Who the Fuck Needs Cointelpro?

I don't normally listen to punk but this was pretty good. Singers voice sounded pretty bad at the start but it grew on me as the song continued. Enjoyed the ending, song seemed a bit short though. 7/10

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #114 on: 16 Dec 2006, 14:57 »

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal

Been meaning to check out these guys for awhile so I had to grab this one. Solid riffs, the vocals aren't my usual style but when the music's as solid as this, they kinda work. Could use a solo around the 2:30 minute mark to liven things up but without being picky, this is a decent 'n' satisfyingly heavy track. 8/10

Hippy music:

Deep Forest - Night Bird

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #115 on: 17 Dec 2006, 12:25 »

Deep Forest- Night Bird

True hippy music here.  Chimes, bird tweets, unitelligable words coming from male and female throats, synthysizer in the background for tone, and yet it makes a good song.  It isnt a 10 minute hippy jam band session so it doesnt seem too long.

8/10, Worth a listen or two

http://download.yousendit.com/F6ABFF7075095588

Rock me Amadeus by Falco
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #116 on: 18 Dec 2006, 04:09 »

Initial thoughts: Oh god, that scratching is annoying.

Oh wait, no, that singing is probably more annoying. No wait, the cliche rap beat is more annoying. Oh gods there's six more minutes of this and now is a good time to introduce horns?

2/10. It was gonna be 4/10 just for the pretentiousness of that timeline bit, but then the awful female vocalist kicked in and knocked two straight off again.

Okay, now, I'm going to warn you in advance. Approach this song with caution. The first twenty seconds of this song probably rock harder than half the people on this forum's entire music collections.

Cryptic Wintermoon - Thrashomatic Overdrive
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #117 on: 18 Dec 2006, 11:19 »

Ummm, no it didn't.  Listen to the Propagandhi song I posted earlier.  It rocks at least twice as hard as that song.

jcknbl

« Reply #118 on: 18 Dec 2006, 11:57 »

Wait, did someone just post "Rock Me Amadeus" as a serious selection? Did Khar just review it without a second thought?

Please tell me someone else is laughing.

Scytale

« Reply #119 on: 18 Dec 2006, 12:15 »

Damn I've been wanting to check out these guys for a while. I'm definately going to have to get more that was awesome, fast, great riffs and a good middle section 9.5/10.

I'll actually contribute something I think sounds kind of similar. Since I enjoyed that last track so much.

Witchery - Demoniation This is from a compilation cd I have which is why the file name is kind of weird.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #120 on: 18 Dec 2006, 12:27 »

Ummm, no it didn't.  Listen to the Propagandhi song I posted earlier.  It rocks at least twice as hard as that song.
Jesus you're an egotistical little git. Do you even think before you post?
1. Peoples musical tastes differ.
2. You are more than welcome to disagree with people but flat contradiction without basis will get you nowhere.
3. This appears to be consistent with your behaviour thus far. Just because you like it does not make it good in the eyes of everyone.
I'd appreciate if you gave things a little more thought before posting them.

Tracks thus far I've enjoyed;
Propaghandi
Bolt Thrower
Cryptic Wintermoon (so krieg they don't have a wikipedia page)

Demoniation-Witchery (I assume the band name is Witchery)
Quite proficient metal. Reasonably interesting if a little showy in places. The solo is a bit over blown and doesn't really go with the rhythm guitars imo. I like it thought. Vocals are grym as.
I would certainly download more but probably wouldn't pay for it.
6/10

Honky's Ladder-The Afghan Whigs
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2006, 12:52 by Rizzo »
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

casull

• LJ
« Reply #121 on: 18 Dec 2006, 14:05 »

Honky's Ladder - The Afghan Whigs

The progressions are neither outstandingly original nor horribly cliched. I like the mix pretty well, especially the ryhthm guitar and bass. I like the swagger of the vocals. I really have no idea where to classify this. The lead guitar is pretty cool- it's almost as if it's rhythmically independent from the beat.

8/10

ok, take your pick here. Phantom is quieter, Product of Sin is louder. I found them a few weeks ago, someone posted an "OMG DL OR DIE" kind of torrent of their new album, and I gave it a shot. I don't have any permanent impressions yet, as I've only really been listening to them today. Expect metalish sounds.

http://download.yousendit.com/03A9A0FB7014AAD7 Phantom - From Exile

http://download.yousendit.com/4752BC572548D2DD Product of Sin - From Exile
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Scytale

« Reply #122 on: 18 Dec 2006, 15:38 »

Quite proficient metal. Reasonably interesting if a little showy in places.

Yeah the band name is Witchery, it's sought of a super group created by Patrik Jensen (from Seance and The Haunted) it has members from Satanic Slaughter, Opeth, Arch Enemy etc. You're comment sums them up pretty well, I think Patrik listened to too much Venom and Mercyful Fate one day and just got together with some mates and decided to shred it the fuck up.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #123 on: 19 Dec 2006, 00:53 »

Jesus you're an egotistical little git. Do you even think before you post?
1. Peoples musical tastes differ.
2. You are more than welcome to disagree with people but flat contradiction without basis will get you nowhere.
3. This appears to be consistent with your behaviour thus far. Just because you like it does not make it good in the eyes of everyone.
I'd appreciate if you gave things a little more thought before posting them.

Tracks thus far I've enjoyed;
Propaghandi
Bolt Thrower
Cryptic Wintermoon (so krieg they don't have a wikipedia page)

Quite proficient metal. Reasonably interesting if a little showy in places. The solo is a bit over blown and doesn't really go with the rhythm guitars imo. I like it thought. Vocals are grym as.
I would certainly download more but probably wouldn't pay for it.
6/10

Honky's Ladder-The Afghan Whigs

What?  You fuck, you didn't even read what Khar said that I was responding to.  He said that the first 20 seconds of his song rock harder than half the people on here's entire music collections.  I guess you don't think that was an egotistical thing to say?  Maybe you should read before you post. 

1.  Just because people's musical tastes differ doesn't mean that mine aren't better than theirs.
2.  I'd say I'm somewhere.  I got you mad enough to attempt to analyze everything I've ever posted on this forum based on one post. 
3.  Why don't you give me some examples of how this is consistent with my behavior thus far.  I personally consider myself to be a reasonable person.   

Maybe you should think before you judge.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2006, 01:18 by Flaming Ostrich »

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #124 on: 19 Dec 2006, 02:23 »

And I agree with his comment, the first 20 seconds did in fact rock harder than half the music discussed on here. I respect Khar because A) he knows what he's talking about, B) he's a smart lad, C) I get along quite well with him and D) his musical taste is, for the most part, very good.

You are, again, disagreeing with what I've said without considering it. I wouldn't say something like that without some basis.
I don't want to turn this into a bitchfest but consider your reaction to Jeph deleting your thread, your reaction to people liking Rise Against, SOAD etc etc, I could go and hunt out posts you've made but I don't really have the time nor the energy to do so.
I'm sure you're a perfectly nice person, your posts however are egotistical as hell. Please, just consider what you say before you post it.

(Am downloading the From Exile tracks now, shall review shortly)

From Exile-Phantom
Instrumental number that falls somewhere between Opeth and Dream Theater instrumentals. Quite technical and very very very layered. A little heavy on the cymbals in places but I liked it a lot. Nice to chill out to, very mellow. The genre tag says metal but I'm not convinced so I'll listen to the other track. 7/10

From Exile-Product of Sin
This is more metal. Sounds a bit like In Flames to me. Kinda sounds like one of those noodley metalcore bands but with a more metal style and a proper vocalist. Cool melodic interlude but again, it sounds like "generic three word name metalcore band" and I'm just waiting for someone to start singing about autumn leaves and the beauty of her face... Thankfully that hasn't happened.
Mostly good but my own exposure to metalcore has ruined this sort of metal for me. 6/10

Uploading now.
Desperate Angel-X(Japan)
Think of X as the Japanese equivalent of Motley Crue. This track doesn't really demonstrate it but their guitarist, Hide, was pretty talented. There is still a huge Hide worship movement in Japan and you still see people wearing shirts with his face on them... kinda Curt Cobain-ish...
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2006, 02:54 by Rizzo »
Sometimes I feel like everyone around me is some sort of statistical/mathematical genuis and I'm hitting a gazelle in the head with a rock and screaming at the sky when there's a storm.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #125 on: 19 Dec 2006, 04:59 »

Fair enough.  However, while I'll admit that complaining about Jeph was stupid, the whole Rise Against thing was me merely me being surprised that people on this forum liked them.  I mean, I thought liking a band like Rise Against was akin to liking AFI or The Offspring.  I don't hate those bands, I was just surprised that the guy who praised RA wasn't ripped for it.  As for SOAD, I like them, so I don't know why you thought I didn't.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #126 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:01 »

Rizzo, you arte a fucking dude. Yeah, that fucking song does rock. Tbhj I listewn to propaghandi and I like them except the preachy veganism and come on, Cryptic fucking Wintermoon rocl the everliving shit out of them! 

Also FUCKING X-JAPAN! You should have gone for Blue Blood though., that song kicks all kinds of ass.

EDIT: you are gonna fucking get ripped by Rizzo for dissing AFI.

A FIRE EEEEE INSIIIIIIIDE>

Okay I thought their last few records kinda sucked, but they've done soem heella awesome shti.

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #127 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:05 »

Oh nah, I can tolerate people bashing on AFI, just so long as they are happy to admit that Shut your mouth and open your eyes is one of the best hardcore punk records to come out of the 90s. That's hardcore punk, not hardcore.
AFi have certainly changed and I like that. Certainly their older material is a lot stronger but I did the progression. Plus their live show is fucking amazing.

I'll make this clear now, the cheesier the music is, the more likely I am to like it. If it's over the top and ridiculous I'll probably enjoy it.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #128 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:18 »

Wait, did someone just post "Rock Me Amadeus" as a serious selection? Did Khar just review it without a second thought?

Please tell me someone else is laughing.

I am so glad i am not seeing things. I'd like to congratulate Hunte and Khar for the most amusing post in this forum since someone reccomended Deadsy

Desperate Angel:

Yeah, this does seem to be like Motley Crue    1/10

Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=83E0C5EE625A8FD1Boards of canada - dayvan Cowbo
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #129 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:21 »

To be honest, the shite you people psot I have no idea if you're being serious or not. I mean the absolute vomit-inducing shite I have seen people here rave about i mean fucking hell.

I am gonna review this hang on.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #130 on: 19 Dec 2006, 05:26 »

If you mean Deerhoof, i think they are ok once in a while.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #131 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:18 »

Every time I try to download this track it is all 'Internal error. Please try again later.'

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #132 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:24 »

I also. Please try again.

Also, Japanese Motley Crue may in fact be > than Deerhoof but lets not get into bashing bands unless they genuinely suck ok?

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #133 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:30 »

But deerhoof do genuinely suck. Its just some shitty discordant drumming whilst some japanese bint says one word over and over again in a thick accent. Its like the audial equivalent of a fucking Yoko Ono film without the artistic intent. and with shitter riffs.

Also, X-Japan are better than Motley Crue.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2006, 06:33 by KharBevNor »

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #134 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:36 »

Well yes, I agree but GET BACK ON MSN YOU WHORE.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #135 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:40 »

It says the service is 'temporarily unavailable'.

IS FUCKING TWO HOURS TEMPORARY YOU WHORESON SHITLICKER COMMUNICATIONS SOFTWARE?

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #136 on: 19 Dec 2006, 06:52 »

We cool, ya'll?

Hunter

« Reply #137 on: 19 Dec 2006, 07:22 »

Heh, i thought that some sad sap might have enjoyed it. My apologies Khar, the great.

Also: Some one might want to consider moving this along.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2006, 07:30 by Hunter »
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #138 on: 19 Dec 2006, 11:04 »

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=nHc7tWqfkY95TA==

try again? hopefully working this time, if not then i'll huff and puff and be very frustrated

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #139 on: 19 Dec 2006, 11:58 »

Initial thoughts: Oh god, that scratching is annoying.

Oh wait, no, that singing is probably more annoying. No wait, the cliche rap beat is more annoying. Oh gods there's six more minutes of this and now is a good time to introduce horns?

2/10. It was gonna be 4/10 just for the pretentiousness of that timeline bit, but then the awful female vocalist kicked in and knocked two straight off again.

Okay, now, I'm going to warn you in advance. Approach this song with caution. The first twenty seconds of this song probably rock harder than half the people on this forum's entire music collections.

ok khar i hate to say this but you can seriously do better than that the first 20 seconds as hard rocking as they are should probably be titled variations on a theme metallica's one solo then it goes into the most generic sounding riff i've ever heard in my life with generic vocals to back it up, i would probably like it if it was slightly more original but it's jsut a complete rip off

*wait's for onslaught*
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

casull

• LJ
« Reply #140 on: 19 Dec 2006, 15:42 »

Dayvan Cowboy - Boards of Canada
I wasn't sure what direction this was going to go- I thought the scratching was leading to some power chord about to crash down, but it's staying electronic and sweet. This scratchy tone is getting annoying, though... it sounds like there are 50 layers beneath it but they're all muddled. Suddenly, it's done. The beat sets itself up nicely. I like the mix of live sounds with electronic- the claps and strings balance the electronic wankery nicely. This is an AMAZING use of electronics in recording.

9/10. I'm trying to find anything else by them now.

woot, found 4 albums.

I promise, I'm through hawking angra for a while after this. ;)

Angra - Morning Star
http://download.yousendit.com/B307617568955E52

Rizzo

• R'lyeh City Hardcore
    • Riding the failboat
« Reply #141 on: 19 Dec 2006, 16:21 »

Hooooooooo! That Boards of Canada track ruled! I think I need to investigate them some more.

Angra... wow. Surprising. Also very good.
Sort of weird powerpop instrumental ballad intro followed by very good ballad heavy metal in the vein of ummmmmm maybe Iced Earth? I'm not too familiar with this style so I don't know. Good though. Long build up makes it worthwhile.

I shant post a track.

ah fuck it, yes I will, hold on.

Angelspit-Vena Cava(Direct link)
Australian industrial. Very heavy, very dark, very good.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2006, 16:27 by Rizzo »

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #142 on: 19 Dec 2006, 18:11 »

ok khar i hate to say this but you can seriously do better than that the first 20 seconds as hard rocking as they are should probably be titled variations on a theme metallica's one solo then it goes into the most generic sounding riff i've ever heard in my life with generic vocals to back it up, i would probably like it if it was slightly more original but it's jsut a complete rip off

*wait's for onslaught*

Lol. That's just crap, so there's no need to even bite.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #143 on: 19 Dec 2006, 22:10 »

Why did you put an apostrophe in "waits?"

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #144 on: 19 Dec 2006, 22:24 »

Gah, Angelspit. I like 'em too much.

Someone hurry up so I can sting you guys with some Ewigkeit.

casull

• LJ
« Reply #145 on: 20 Dec 2006, 01:58 »

Angelspit - Vena Cava

This one time, my mommy took me to get a tire changed, and the pneumatic wrench hurt my ears. >_>

This is probably the first industrial track I have ever listened to, period, so my reaction can't be a nuanced evaluation with lots of genre comparisons. I like it?

Mindless Self Indulgence - Straight to Video

http://download.yousendit.com/FB0B08D348C41FC9

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #146 on: 20 Dec 2006, 02:57 »

Oh man, I'll tell you.  I hate this type of music.  This is going to get a low score.  I'm gonna try to be fair, but I probably won't. 
Mindless Self Indulgence- Straight to Video: 3/10.

Clann Zu- From Bethlehem to Jenin
http://www.g7welcomingcommittee.net/mp3/bethlehemtojenin.mp3

Hunter

« Reply #147 on: 20 Dec 2006, 03:49 »

Clann Zu- From Bethlehem to Jenin

The intro part was pretty not good at all.  When they finally cut out the piano, it turned into a pretty good song.  I espically liked the drums for some reason. At the end, the spoken voice made the overly high pitched male voice seem worse.

5/10

Graham Parker
Discovering Japan

http://download.yousendit.com/FE6A38CB0A5BDFEE

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #148 on: 20 Dec 2006, 03:54 »

Clearly you're not the person I wanted to review that song.  Ah well, beggars can't be choosers.

Hunter

« Reply #149 on: 20 Dec 2006, 03:59 »

I'll give you that the vocals are what brought it up to a five.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up