THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 75220 times)

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
Re: Heroes
« Reply #200 on: 09 May 2007, 03:30 »

Here's a thing though... in possible future, Hiro says he brought Molly Walker to Bennett. What the hell??
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #201 on: 09 May 2007, 06:24 »

I'm still not convinced that Bennet isn't leading Ted to New York on company orders.

why would he take a man who could explode to a city that's about to explode?

Parkman's not a moron, he would've figured it out by now. If Bennet did have any ulterior motive, Parkman woould have picked it up in his thoughts in the course of the road trip all the way from Texas to NY. If he tried the thinking in Japanese trick, he would tip Parkman off to being suspicious and walked right out on him.

Beyond that, what would be the point of breaking him and Parkman out in the first place? The Company was moving Sprague to Linderman anyway, according to Matt. Breaking them out needlessly complicates matters. Not to mention, it would be a suicide mission for Bennet.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #202 on: 09 May 2007, 07:52 »

Unless they have someone who can plant an idea in his head the same way the Haitian can remove them.

Bennet probably doesn't know he's working for Linderman.

Someone uploaded the whole plan into his head and he's just acting on it like it was his own idea.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #203 on: 09 May 2007, 08:03 »

But that ignores the other point: why bother? What's the point of an elaborate and deceptive conspiracy plot where about eight million things could go wrong when you've already got him captured and ready to send to Linderman?
JON MADE ME GAY

Pshha

« Reply #204 on: 10 May 2007, 18:40 »

Man I burned through all the episodes up till 21 online in like a week. I have totally ODed on it but its such an amazing show. My cousin turned me onto it. I wanna finish this last episode then start speculating.

Has this been posted on in a while cause last post doesn't seem that all up to date?

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #205 on: 11 May 2007, 01:47 »

Obsessions posted the day before you. You can see the date & time it was posted.

I have to watch the last few episodes again.
It's getting really complicated, in my opinion, and I'm really hoping there's no crazy plot holes.

Also: How did Sylar move while Hiro had time frozen? I didn't like that at all.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #206 on: 11 May 2007, 06:08 »

He didn't. Hiro broke his concentration when he had an attack of guilty conscience and lost control of his power for a moment, which is all Sylar needed.

He didn't like the idea of summarily executing what appeared to be a penitent man in cold blood.
JON MADE ME GAY

MattBurns

« Reply #207 on: 11 May 2007, 11:19 »

exactly, Hiro doesn't just flip a switch and stop time, he has to hold on to it. like flexing a muscle. it requires a certain amount of concentration.

he lost it.

alongwaltz

« Reply #208 on: 12 May 2007, 10:24 »

interestingly, and i picked up on this before but let it go,  Candice ISNT a shapeshifter.  it appears as though she can bend reality, much like hiro can bend space and time.

Yeah, they said before that she casts illusions.  I wasn't entirely sure what she did to Micah there.  I guess he did get out the door but she cast the illusion of the hallway and the manyd doorways so that every time he went through a new one, he was really going through the same one again.

I'm really liking how they're humanising the villains and making it more believable.  Nobody's really pure evil.  Jessica's a bitch but she cares about Micah.  Candice is a bitch but she doesn't want Micah to get hurt either.  Sylar's crazy but he didn't want to explode because he didn't want to kill all those innocent people.  And he just wanted to be normal.  His problem seems to be that his powers are taking control over him.  He started off just making a snowfall for his mom but, when the globes started orbiting around her, it was like he was losing control again.

I don't see how he can explode if he doesn't want to, though.  Just don't kill Ted and eat his brains.  Easy enough.  Although next week a hero dies, supposedly.  So maybe he will kill Ted.

Do the Corporation want Sylar dead or not?  I'm not clear on that.  At the beginning of the ep, they made it sound like they didn't.  Then they brough Mohinder to cure Molly.  To use to find Sylar?  Or to use to find anyone they don't get along with?  The latter is far more sinister.

Pshha

« Reply #209 on: 12 May 2007, 17:59 »

I just finished the 21st ep tonight, and I'm looking foward to speculating so here goes.

I'm assuming the corporation may not even know what they want to do with sylar, but I think they'd just rather have control over him. No more murders and stuff. Also it seems they didn't want him dead cause I recall the ep when Mr.Bennet was holding him in that prison, and the management said not to kill him.

Yeah it makes Shows/Movies/Books alot more interesting when they make no one pure villains.

Where did you get the rumor about a hero dying?

The way last ep ended, I couldn't tell weather he had started to get the nuke powers under control or not when it went to the credits.

alongwaltz

« Reply #210 on: 13 May 2007, 09:44 »

He's clearly going to get them under control.  Ted will say something and he'll be fine.

And Wikipedia says someone dies next week.

Pshha

« Reply #211 on: 13 May 2007, 11:45 »

Wow wikipedias a beast. Your probably right, and no ones supposed to explode till after the election by anyones count.

I was checkin out heroes on wikipedia and I found something pretty amusing.

On October 2, 2006, Emerson Electric Company, an appliance market competitor of NBC's owner General Electric, filed suit in federal court against NBC. The suit was in regards to a scene that appeared in "Genesis", the pilot episode, which depicts Claire Bennet reaching into an active garbage disposal unit—labeled "In-Sink-Erator"—to retrieve a ring, and severely injuring her hand in the process. Emerson claims the scene "casts the disposer in an unsavory light, irreparably tarnishing the product" by suggesting serious injuries will result "in the event consumers were to accidentally insert their hand into one."

...Lol.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2007, 12:17 by Pshha »

doki

« Reply #212 on: 13 May 2007, 16:12 »

i dont think syler has the option of not taking ted's powers.  he's a god damn junkie.  he won't be able to resist

Pshha

« Reply #213 on: 14 May 2007, 13:49 »

Yeah hes totally flipped now that he...

*SPOILER*

Killed his mom.

alongwaltz

« Reply #214 on: 14 May 2007, 18:01 »

Jesus Christ, they're dropping like flies.

Pshha

« Reply #215 on: 14 May 2007, 19:17 »

Landslide was one of the most amazing episodes yet. I cannot wait for the finale, I am assuming its going to be longer then usual 1 hour
or so. Dear god still in shock of the episode. Kinda sad about that one guy.

Yeah dropping like flies is pretty accurate. I assume even more in the finale.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #216 on: 14 May 2007, 20:42 »

Since the episode with Hiro in the future, I've been pretty confused.
That's not the show's fault, I'm sure... but is anyone else having a hard time following now?

Also, I thought Sylar didn't want to blow up the city, and was purposely avoiding Ted.
So the scene in tonight's episode didn't make sense to me, unless, like Pssha said, he's just snapped completely.

Anyways.
Hiro learned to use the sword pretty fast. Nice.
I liked the story of the dragon, and I'd like to see more of the history with Hiro's dad.

I think Ando reacted strangely... then again if I knew my future like he does, I'd act strangely too.

I agree this was the best episode in a long time.
The illusionist woman is turning out to be a better character than I thought.

Argh... must limit what I say for fear of spoilers lol...
« Last Edit: 14 May 2007, 20:44 by TheBoredOne »
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #217 on: 14 May 2007, 20:55 »

It was pretty clear in "The Hard Part" that Sylar completely snapped when he accidentally killed his mother, whom he'd done everything in his power to impress. Couple that with some of Isaac's last words to him: "You can't fight the future" and Sylar is off the edge and wants to trigger the events leading to putting him in the White House (Which he's aware of with Isaac's power).

As far as Candice goes, I was all but convinced that the hot look she has was actually an illusion to begin with and this episode all but confirmed it for me. Lounging on a couch, eating fries and bitching about the cruel things people do to those who look different or unattractive. The real Candice is most assuredly a fuckin' beast.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #218 on: 14 May 2007, 21:01 »

Yup. I picked up on that right away. The "way people look" comment made it definite.

After tonight's episode, I still can't figure out how Sylar would survive it if he was the one that explodes.

Also, Peter saying "NO WAIT" was kind of funny. He's crying wolf a lot with this whole exploding thing.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

MattBurns

« Reply #219 on: 15 May 2007, 06:05 »

Well ted survived without getting burned when he was roasting the bennet house.

he still has all his hair and is not scarred from head to toe, so I would have to think that he's immune to his own power, as is sylar now.

which would make the fight between Sylar and Peter all the more interesting.

alongwaltz

« Reply #220 on: 15 May 2007, 06:53 »

Well, we know that the future we saw is now not going to happen.  Or at least not exactly that way.  Because, in the future, Sylar had DL's powers.  No chance of that happening now.

Also, this is way cool:

Heroes: Origins miniseries

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss
« Reply #221 on: 15 May 2007, 07:08 »

God what an episode... just... omg the finale is gonna own so hard.  Can't quite believe there's just one episode left! :(

I, too, am getting to like Candice's character :)
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

alongwaltz

« Reply #222 on: 15 May 2007, 09:28 »

The thing that bugs me about Candice is this:  she's not a shapeshifter (a la Mystique), she's an illusionist (a la Mysterio).  Alright, that's cool.

But how come her voice changes when she changes her appearance?  If all she's doing is creating an illusion (bending light like Micah inferred), then she should have to physically try and speak in a different voice.  But when she pretend to be Mrs. Bennet, she sounded so much like her that her own husband didn't know the difference.

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #223 on: 15 May 2007, 09:32 »

Okay, so I'm watching Heroes on NBC.com now - so that I can catch every episode, and finally get caught up.

:p
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #224 on: 15 May 2007, 10:28 »

FYI, Mysterio was never a real "illusionist" per se. He just used props. Her power is more similar to the old X-Men villain Mastermind.

She never quite confirmed that Micah was correct. I get the impression it's more a mental power than light bending. She mentiones that she'd show Bennet thinks that would make him want to claw his own eyes out. If it were just light-bending, one could just close their eyes and rely on instinct. She probably uses her illusion powers on the mind, rather than the actual surroundings, so as to fool all the senses.
JON MADE ME GAY

Pshha

« Reply #225 on: 15 May 2007, 14:50 »

That actually makes alot of sense obsessions. Yeah I totally thought when candice said that one comment about eating alot and stuff like that , the next second she would morph into this huge person, also probably of some color too, with the comment about peoples color.

That origins thing looks pretty cool.

I don't know if this is just me but I really, really, really wanna see what hiro's father and the petrellis mother powers are? Theres a few others who are supposed to have powers I think.

Sylar really pisses me off now.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #226 on: 15 May 2007, 21:02 »

Well she did say "How do you know this isn't how I actually look?" in the voting booth area.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Pshha

« Reply #227 on: 16 May 2007, 07:18 »

Hahah yeah, but then again why would she use her true identity at anytime lest she be recognized from when she didn't have her powers? Especially on a pretty important mission.

doki

« Reply #228 on: 16 May 2007, 17:14 »

fucking nathan

there i was all hopeful of him being a non tool, and snapping out of it, last minute redemption, but no.  he has to fall in line

I'm glad to see Mr Nakamura has faith in his son

The one thing i still dont get is from the future episode.  If Claire was still alive when Hiro stabbed Syler, why didn't he die?

the fight is gonna be something special btw, PAtrelli Vs Syler

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #229 on: 16 May 2007, 20:18 »

Yeah, the Claire/Sylar/Hiro thing didn't make sense to me either.

My only guess was that Linderman heals Sylar after Hiro eventually stabs him... but... yeah.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #230 on: 17 May 2007, 06:02 »

Gah! Am I the only one paying attention?

The reason Sylar didn't need Claire's powers is because Hiro never stabbed him. In the original timeline, the events went as follows:

Sylar kills Claire--->everyone collects in NYC (Minus Ted, he presumably bites it beforehand)--->Hiro stabs Sylar--->Sylar regenerates and goes splodey

Then future Hiro went back in time to warn Peter, the following resulted:

Peter rescues Claire--->Hiro accidentally transports five years into the future/

At this point, the timeline is broken with Hiro stuck in the future. With Hiro scared to travel back in time again, he's not present at the explosion to stop Sylar. This is the timeline that occurs if Hiro doesn't stab Sylar. With Hiro back in the present, this aspect changes. As evidenced by Future Hiro's confusion at present Hiro's arrival in the future, that was never supposed to occur and was an anomoly likely created by his warning to Peter. From here it gets VERY confusing and VERY complicated. It will likely be cleared up in the next episode or next season.

I've learned a lesson from reading Days of Future Past, Crisis on Infinite Earths and watching Back to the Future: don't think too much about it. Your brain will self-destruct.
JON MADE ME GAY

Pshha

« Reply #231 on: 17 May 2007, 17:28 »

I was confused LONG before I imagine I was supposed to be. That actually cleared up alot though. There are an immense amount of theories about how time travel and such, laws, would work out. Its hard to determine which one a movie or book or TV show is going by.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #232 on: 17 May 2007, 17:37 »

Fortunately for me, I've been reading comics for about fifteen years now. With multiple people involved heavily in the industry involved in this show, it's mostly comic book rules that seem to apply, so I'm in my element with this.
JON MADE ME GAY

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #233 on: 18 May 2007, 08:02 »

I'm only watching this show as it comes out in austrailia ( just saw matt and ted arive at Bennet household) but i just want to throw my theroy down in writing, though it may have already been debunked. Nathan dies. Then Peter meets niki and copies her power to channel jessica and revives nathan within himself.
That would be cool.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

doki

« Reply #234 on: 18 May 2007, 08:14 »

Gah! Am I the only one paying attention?

Sylar kills Claire--->everyone collects in NYC (Minus Ted, he presumably bites it beforehand)--->Hiro stabs Sylar--->Sylar regenerates and goes splodey

Then future Hiro went back in time to warn Peter, the following resulted:

Peter rescues Claire--->Hiro accidentally transports five years into the future/

At this point, the timeline is broken with Hiro stuck in the future. With Hiro scared to travel back in time again, he's not present at the explosion to stop Sylar. This is the timeline that occurs if Hiro doesn't stab Sylar. With Hiro back in the present, this aspect changes. As evidenced by Future Hiro's confusion at present Hiro's arrival in the future, that was never supposed to occur and was an anomoly likely created by his warning to Peter. From here it gets VERY confusing and VERY complicated. It will likely be cleared up in the next episode or next season.

I've learned a lesson from reading Days of Future Past, Crisis on Infinite Earths and watching Back to the Future: don't think too much about it. Your brain will self-destruct.

that doesn't explain to me how Claire is still alive in the future.  I mean, if future Hiro believed that the reason Syler regenerated was Claire she would have to be dead.  she wasnt, she was waitressing.  Not only that, Bennet knew about her (he went to see her), so even if she had been saved in the past and reappeared in her future, then the explosion would already have been avoided, right?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #235 on: 18 May 2007, 10:07 »

No, you're not paying attention.

It's been made pretty clear that Claire's rescue resulted in Peter becoming the bomb in that future. In the original timeline, it was Sylar. If Hiro never warned Peter, the following would not have happened:

Claire would have died.
Bennet never would've betrayed the company.
Bennet wouldn't have sprung Ted and brought him to NYC.
Peter wouldn't have met Ted and gotten his power.

Sylar was the bomb in the original timeline. With Peter's rescue of Claire, he has becomes the bomb.

Some other small things have changed, like the timing of Isaac's death, Sylar's capture (Sylar was never captured by the company originally). Watch Five Years Gone again and read some of the online comics at their website. You've apparently glossed over some details they're mentioned repeatedly.
JON MADE ME GAY

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #236 on: 18 May 2007, 12:33 »

Am I the only one that went to the website after seeing the card that Bennett gave to Mohinder?

www.primatechpaper.com

I applied for a job.

Waiting for them to contact me.

:-D
"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #237 on: 18 May 2007, 13:38 »

No, you're not. You've got a long and complicated little bit ahead of you.
JON MADE ME GAY

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #238 on: 18 May 2007, 14:28 »

Rawk on!!

My blog

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
« Reply #239 on: 18 May 2007, 21:16 »

I hate Micah's jerry curl, also his voice. They should kill off Micah  :-(
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #240 on: 19 May 2007, 12:26 »

You're a child racist.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

alongwaltz

« Reply #241 on: 21 May 2007, 16:59 »

That was pretty great.

Everything tied up nicely.  I liked the ambiguity of certain things.  And there's still a bunch of questions to be answered, while not hundreds like Lost tends to do.

Pshha

« Reply #242 on: 21 May 2007, 19:07 »

Am I the only one that went to the website after seeing the card that Bennett gave to Mohinder?

www.primatechpaper.com

I applied for a job.

Waiting for them to contact me.

:-D

Considering it's on the NBC website I'm pretty sure its a joke.

That was amazing, I SO want to find out what the hells going on though. It left alot of cliffhangers.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #243 on: 21 May 2007, 19:08 »

Oh, SNAP!

Also, nice to finally get HRG's name!
JON MADE ME GAY

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #244 on: 21 May 2007, 19:13 »

Spoiler alerts are in order here.

Looks like Candice doesn't have a secret image she covers with an illusion.
When she was KO'd it would've dropped.

I liked the ending, even if I could find some problems with it.

Like, why did Sylar let Hiro do what he did? Hiro didn't even stop time to do it.
Why didn't Peter just take himself where Nathan took him?

Both too distracted I suppose.

I was fascinated when the little girl who can find people said there's one guy who can see her when she sees him. That should be an interesting story line.

To be honest, I'm glad the blowing-up-New York story line is over.

Or is it?
Boredom Makes You Cool.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #245 on: 21 May 2007, 19:29 »

I was just about to mention that those of you who guessed Candice really did look like that were right.

With Sylar, notice looking back at older episodes, Sylar needs his concentration to use his powers properly. When Parkman shot at him, he put him down briefly since Sylar was caught by surprise. When Noah (We can call him that now, yay!) shot him, he actually connected with a shot or two, because he caught him by surprise. Sylar's not entirely familiar with Hiro's powers and most likely didn't expect a little Japanese dude with a samurai sword to pop out of nowhere while he was fighting Peter and stab him in the gut. He knows he can teleport, but that's about it.

With Peter, I'd say it was definitely a matter of concentration. He was using everything he had to hold the explosion at bay. If he concentrated to remember Nathan's abilities and utilize them, he'd have lost control and blown right then and there.
JON MADE ME GAY

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #246 on: 21 May 2007, 20:16 »

Obviously Mr. Telepathic guy who can see people thinking for him is the season two main enemy, though Sylar will obviously still be around for shits and giggles.

Peter will show up a few episodes in for sure, but not at first so we think he is dead. Looks like with the back in time thing, we are going to get some sort of backstory with the symbol, or so I hope. Nathan will be dead, or so we think, til BAM, out of nowhere turns out he's alive. People like to not stay dead in this show.

Things that bothered me. WHY DONT YOU JUST SHOOT THE SHIT OUT OF PETER!?!?!?!. You pull the bullets out and tada! All better.

My season 2 predictions:
We get to see the Petrelli mom's powers, and they will be pretty impressive. There will be a big to do as mutants start becoming public knowledge. Cue up the X-Men plotline. After unsuccessful normal lives, the survivors of season one band together in some sort of superfriends deal.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #247 on: 22 May 2007, 00:08 »

Considering it's on the NBC website I'm pretty sure its a joke.

Considering there's an 800 number that connects to a recording asking for a number, I think it's an ARG. Lost did one last year that was really well done and actually answered some questions about the show.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #248 on: 22 May 2007, 06:32 »

What a great episode.  Things did seem a little rushed, particularly at the end, but even then things came together reasonably well.  Considering that the show couldn't just completely end, I feel like a fair amount of closure was acheived, and that some of the plot points for the next season were introduced without being too anticlimactic.  I don't expect that we've seen the last of the Petrellis or maybe even Sylar, though.

Overall, I'm glad I watched.  The last half-dozen episodes or so were really good, even if the audience had to put up with too much irrelevant Nikki/Jessica story to get there.

MattBurns

« Reply #249 on: 22 May 2007, 07:05 »

ok here's my long shot theory for Mr bad evil guy number two.

Dr Suresh said he thought he found Patient Zero, Patient Zero would be the first person with powers. (though, are powers contagious? they seem to have dropped a few hints now indicating that they may be. but more on that later) He had a name nothing else really. Most of those names came from a DNA repository. We know that Sylar clearly isn't Patient Zero, if fact he is a member of the second generation (assuming that there haven't been heroes since the 1600s) Linderman, Angela, Simone's Mom, possibly Pappa Petrelli (though I still have my doubts) and possibly Nakamura senior make up the first generation. If there was a Patient Zero, then obviously he would be a member of this generation. And he would probably be quite powerful. So, here's the question, do we know the name of Sylar's father? Is it possible that Sylar's name is actually Gabriel Gray Jr.? Could Suresh have been looking for Gabriel Gray Sr. and came across his son by mistake?

Back to the powers, In the comics on NBCs home page, we see in Six Months ago, some people who at the time didn't have powers, running into people who did. Later, they developed powers themselves. Also in the comic, Linderman had powers, but Petrelli did not, but later it seems that Petrelli, at least according to Linderman, developed powers as well. So did he catch them? does using your powers on someone give them powers as well? if not then what was all that about?

Another theory of course is that Papa Petrelli is alive and well after faking his death, and is the big bad guy, though I doubt it.

Sulu is another guess, it would seem that at one time he was with Linderman, but now, he is working against him.

Or it's just someone we haven't met, Maybe the Samurai we saw at the start of Volume 2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up