THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 75239 times)

Lise

• Furry furrier
    • Face Me
Re: Heroes
« Reply #50 on: 27 Dec 2006, 02:20 »

Heroes is my new vice. I've been faithfully keeping up with the series, and I've actually started a countdown until Jan. 22nd, the airing of the next episode.

Those bastards at NBC are well-versed in the art of dangling cliffhangers to viewers. The entire series of Heroes, which they've mapped into the 5th season, could just as easily be crammed into a 2 hour (epic) film.

It's all about the money (and the Nissan Versa, if you've been to the NBC heroes site ;P) YAY FOR OBVIOUS PRODUCT PLACEMENT!

I have my own theories of HRG, his powers, and how half-assed the writers have handled the Time Paradox... but it's all discussed here in better detail http://www.9thwonders.com/boards/. Cheers!

PS: Anyone who is rooting for Claire/Peter relations = sexually repressed. :O

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #51 on: 28 Dec 2006, 00:27 »

I have a question... >.> When did Bennet get called "HRG" and what does it mean?
Boredom Makes You Cool.

thepugs

« Reply #52 on: 28 Dec 2006, 11:32 »

Horn-rimmed glasses.

'Cause of his.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #53 on: 28 Dec 2006, 12:05 »

I want to believe that o.o
But when did he get called that?
Boredom Makes You Cool.

williamjamesw

« Reply #54 on: 28 Dec 2006, 12:51 »

I don't think that he was ever called that on screen; but the horn rimmed glasses were fairly distinctive, and (I think) it took a while before the character was  named on screen.  Also may be similar to CSM (Cigarete smoking man) from X-files (the creepy/mysterious character that the audience isn't sure if they are good, evil, or just a-moral.
Woo-hoo, I'm actually making another post.  Lutking so long was starting to feel creepy.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #55 on: 28 Dec 2006, 13:00 »

Glad I could bring you out of the shadows :D
Thanks for the explanation. HRG is kinda catchy o.o
Boredom Makes You Cool.

magdalena

« Reply #56 on: 29 Dec 2006, 05:39 »

i have been disappointed by tv shows for soo long that i really hated to watch heroes at first, in defense.  but wow... i love it.  hiroe is definitely my favorite, and peter and claire are great!!  didn't like nathan until the last story aired, which explained a lot about why he's such a jerkoff.  i'm not sure about nikki, because honestly, i'm not an ali larter fan.  but for the most part i cannot wait till the new stories air!!

JJMitchell

« Reply #57 on: 22 Jan 2007, 22:18 »

New episode tonight!
Don't miss it.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #58 on: 23 Jan 2007, 00:40 »

omgomgomg :P
Boredom Makes You Cool.

thepugs

« Reply #59 on: 23 Jan 2007, 10:08 »

I am extremely pleased.  Like usual, enough answers and plot development to satisfy, but enough twists and unanswered questions left to intrigue.

I am disappointed about the dinosaur painting though. :(

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jan 2007, 11:04 »

You, flying man! Wooosh!

Haha, Hiro's awesomeness only grows.

I really liked today's episode, without really being able to pinpoint exactly why. Maybe because it's great to have it back, but there was something else as well. I still really dislike Nikki/Jessica/rampage mode-girl, but Michah and DL are pretty cool, so I guess I'll have to deal with her. And, erm, Peter going to the desert - where radioactive guy is - might lead to bad things. I hope not.

Linderman confuses me!

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2007, 11:58 »

Was that the first time Nikki was able to use her super strength while "conscious"? That looks like plot development :D

I'm still waiting for Hiro to use that sword against a real dinosaur.

Ahh! I'm so glad the show's back ^_^
Boredom Makes You Cool.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2007, 20:33 »

I enjoyed this episode for the most part.  It didn't give away too much, but let out enough information to make me speculate a little bit about the direction.

Specific things I liked about this episode:
HRG/Bennett/whatever's demeanor when the FBI came to investigate the paper warehouse.  Not too smug, just a little evil.
Hiro.  The whole bit with the sword was pretty great.  Also: "Keep it down."  "whoosh."

Fiddler

« Reply #63 on: 23 Jan 2007, 23:00 »

Hopefully the Nikki/Jessica psychotic bit will have some resolution soon because she might be an okay character if she didnt have the constant potential to flip out and murder everyone for no good reason.

But I dont think the museum scene with the t-rex was the one from the painting just because I'm pretty sure Hiro actually has the sword drawn in the painting and it wasnt in the museum.

Okay done nerding out on it for now.

BillAdama

« Reply #64 on: 24 Jan 2007, 04:26 »

I love Heroes.  One thing I think would improve it is if the characters start finally coming together to a cohesive plotline.  At the very beginning it was like there were six stories going on at once that had nothing to do with each other, and every time the stories have crossed the overall quality of the show has vastly improved.

I have no idea where they're going with the bomb plotline, except that it seems pretty obvious now that Peter is somehow going to take nuclear guy's power.  And it's obvious the Linderman plotline is how the DL/Nicki/Micah plotline will finally cross any of the other plotlines.

JJMitchell

« Reply #65 on: 24 Jan 2007, 19:12 »

This episode was good. 

I love that Clarie is less teenage girl and more girl who is going through a ton of stuff.
Hiro is still my fave.
I actually enjoyed the Nikki plotline more than I have before.  Still one of my least faves.

My thoery on Linderman: he is a Hero.  Maybe his power is something fairly minor or he doesn't admit it/control it but he is my vote for the 'evil mastermind' type of villian.

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #66 on: 25 Jan 2007, 12:14 »

Linderman controls glasses guy is my guess.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

Evil_Lathander

• Larger than most fish
  • Fighting The World
« Reply #67 on: 25 Jan 2007, 20:24 »

I don't really have a heroe.

I once did this online test which turned out to say I am most like Magneto from X-men...
HUMANITY CAN SUCK MY HARDDRIVE

thepugs

« Reply #68 on: 26 Jan 2007, 03:04 »

Linderman controls glasses guy is my guess.

Linderman probably is Sylar or something.  Or his dad, or brother, etc.

Also, Lathander, try and stay on topic in threads.  This is specifically about the NBC series Heroes.

BillAdama

« Reply #69 on: 27 Jan 2007, 21:00 »

So far Linderman has been referred to as just this really rich mobbish guy who's in control of everything.

Knowing the show's patterns so far, I bet he has some kind of superpower that is behind his ascension to such a position of power.  Also, he has the sword that lets people control their powers, which makes it even more likely that he has some kind of power.

I didn't like the original Nicki plotline, but I think I like it now that her evil Superman twin is out in the open and DL and Micah have bonded more.  I'm really curious what Micah's power is.  He's already used it once to temporarily fix a phone that was out of order and call his mother, but there's a wide range of possibilities for what his actual power is.

It would also fit if it were true that Linderman is the person behind Claire's father, but that's far from proven right now.  Though, it would explain why Haitian is being disloyal.  If he wants to somehow use Claire to stop Linderman.

Either way, we're certainly going to see a lot more of Linderman by the end of the season.

Fiddler

« Reply #70 on: 30 Jan 2007, 08:27 »

New episode, new little questions.  I do have to say that ever since I saw Christopher Eccleston (sp?) was on Dr. Who, the first new season if that makes sense, I've really enjoyed him as an actor.  I just think he has a really awesome way of delivering his lines and I'm super happy that hes playing the invisible man.  Other than that Hiro's dad is George Takei and that is equally as great.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #71 on: 30 Jan 2007, 08:39 »

I don't know that I enjoyed last night's episode very much; the characters were mostly headed in their own directions and the different storylines didn't interact much, if at all.  I realize not every episode will have some kind of OMG Big Dramatic Showdown, but this seemed to be fairly anticlimactic.  Maybe it'll prove to me more important as more of the plot unfolds though.

There were some things that I liked, of course:
Sylar finally does something.  As if he would just fade away anyway, but I was getting anxious.
Peter and the invisible man (does he have a name yet?).
Hiro (and his father), of course.  "This is how we roll."

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #72 on: 30 Jan 2007, 20:26 »

I felt like there were too many commercials, and not enough story progression.
It certainly did set up a lot of plots, so I imagine next week we'll see a lot of plots unfold.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #73 on: 31 Jan 2007, 03:58 »

This just premiered in Australia today, and I just popped in here to say wow. Between the cheerleaders hand getting completely mangled, and Hiro being the fucking cutest thing I have ever seen I am already won over. Now I have to catch up so I can actually read through this thread.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

JJMitchell

« Reply #74 on: 31 Jan 2007, 05:31 »

Monday's episode was a 'builder' episode.  Very little actual plot development but enough to make you want to watch next week and figure out what is going on.
They have now built the base to continue the plot I think though.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #75 on: 31 Jan 2007, 18:40 »

I also watched the first episode in Australia last night, after a shit-load of hype.

Ehh. At this stage it looks like a solid "I'll watch this if I'm around, but it's not the kind of thing I could be bothered taping if I'm out" show. Beyond their superpowers, none of the characters struck me as particularly interesting. And there are more than enough shows on T.V. already (and in the past) with big bad scary government (or whatever) conspiracies. It's like cop shows with serial killers: been there, done that, get over it.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #76 on: 31 Jan 2007, 20:02 »

Hm, I noticed that last night, Inlander - straight from Heroes to Prisonbreak.
Are they trying to tell us something?

Since I only watch TV on Wednesday when we visit my boy's Dad, this will become part of my regular routine. I am looking forward to it.

BillAdama

« Reply #77 on: 01 Feb 2007, 07:44 »

My question right now...is Sulu Linderman, or some other guy?

I agree that I like the show better when the plotlines link together more.  I wish they'd come together a bit more, because right now there are so many divergent plotlines that they don't spend more than like five minutes on any one plotline in any given episode.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #78 on: 01 Feb 2007, 23:00 »

Sulu is Hiro's dad, Mr. Nakamura
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Peter Harris

« Reply #79 on: 02 Feb 2007, 10:34 »

Don't know if any of you watch Studio 60, but Hiro was on it, as himself (as the actor who plays Hiro - I don't know his name off the top of my head).  It was pretty funny, with Harriet dressed as a cheerleader...

"Save me... Save the world."

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #80 on: 06 Feb 2007, 07:18 »

that was pretty funny.

so last might we met mommy and daddy of clair. and syler finally is back in action. and we find out why peter will probably explode. interesting episode.

hiro's friend cracked me up when he tried to hug hiro's sister.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Fiddler

« Reply #81 on: 06 Feb 2007, 08:46 »

Haha yeah Ando going in for the hug was pretty great,  it was better when she just bowed to him and he was still like "I think she likes me"

At least with Nathan being Claires dad we can stop people talking about Peter and Claire cuz that was just creepy.

I hope anyone who reads this thread assumes there will be spoilers.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #82 on: 06 Feb 2007, 08:51 »

Agreed w/ the spoilers. 

Interesting episode last night, even if Nathan's involvement was somewhat predictable.  Ando added just enough humor to an otherwise serious episode ("Are you wearing cologne?").  Hopefully Hiro gets more involved with the other characters from here on out.

The bits w/ Peter and the invisible man (does he have a name?) were very good also.

thepugs

« Reply #83 on: 06 Feb 2007, 11:27 »

I thought the hint that Mr. Bennet dropped about the Invisible Man being an old friend that was less dead than they thought was interesting, I'm curious to see what's behind that.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #84 on: 06 Feb 2007, 13:22 »

How many of you did the "OOHHH!" sound when we found out it was Nathan on the other end of the phone.. as if you just saw someone get kicked in the balls, or you just found something out that made you right and everyone else wrong? OHHHH! 'Cause the people I was watching it with, all made that sound simultaneously. It was funny. >.>
Boredom Makes You Cool.

williamjamesw

« Reply #85 on: 06 Feb 2007, 15:16 »

They almost told us Mr. Bennet's  (HRG) first name; wondering if there is gonna be some importance to us not knowing?  Of course it might have revealed earlier and I just missed it; if so, never mind. :|

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #86 on: 06 Feb 2007, 18:06 »

How many of you did the "OOHHH!" sound when we found out it was Nathan on the other end of the phone.. as if you just saw someone get kicked in the balls, or you just found something out that made you right and everyone else wrong? OHHHH! 'Cause the people I was watching it with, all made that sound simultaneously. It was funny. >.>

i did. it was like a revelation i didn't really care for but it made sense. and it's good because peter and the cheerleader are now related and people can stop hoping for a romance between the two which is totally pervy.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #87 on: 06 Feb 2007, 19:31 »

Yeah. Now it's kind of a Luke and Leah thing >.>
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Mark7

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
« Reply #88 on: 07 Feb 2007, 01:51 »

...the invisible man (does he have a name?)...

Claude.  After Claude Raines
Will be at your local record store this Friday handing out the hot dickings

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #89 on: 20 Feb 2007, 08:28 »

Awesome episode this week.. Lots of stuff happening, no Nikki/Jessica, a bit more interaction between the various heroes.. I hope Ando doesn't disappear forever :/

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #90 on: 20 Feb 2007, 14:46 »

My guess is Ando may get killed. Seems that the folks that will become full time heroes are going to be forced to more or less lose most personal connections. Also, Peter got badass in a hurry. Was anyone else amazed by that? I am very much intrigued by what happens next with Sylar slowly losing control of himself as well as Mr. Bennet's whole world crashing about him. I am still quite sure he is not a bad guy, and something will happen soon where he will disobey whatever superiors he has for the sake of Claire.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #91 on: 20 Feb 2007, 14:59 »

I enjoyed this week's episode a great deal.  The characters were well-written and developed, the special effects really added to the episode, and the story moved along just enough.  There are a lot of things that this show is doing really well right now, in my opinion.

Thoughts:
-I really like how Mr. Bennett is portrayed.  He could have been a real stereotype but is one of the better characters on the show (I think, anyway).  Seeing him react as his home life deteriorates really makes him seem more human.  The scenes between he and Claire were pretty good.
-I'm curious to see what happens with Sylar also.  As Peter is figuring out how to use all of his powers, I really think we're going to see a Peter/Sylar showdown at some point.

I've almost quit watching television completely, but this show has really drawn me in.  Unless I watch a movie at home, it's the only time I turn on my tv anymore.  (Granted, all I get are the network stations.)

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #92 on: 22 Feb 2007, 00:47 »

I think I missed the scene where they showed wtf Sylar does to people to gain their powers.

Does he eat their brains or something?!

I remember him going into the room cuz he was dealing with a broken watch..
And the guy said "Youre broken" or something... then I got called into another room and when I came back the guy was dead.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

BillAdama

« Reply #93 on: 22 Feb 2007, 11:59 »

Heroes is really becoming a great show.

It is kind of all over the place with the divergent plotlines, and some of the plot twists are kind of silly (Nathan is Claire's father, Isaac accidentally shoots his girlfriend trying to shoot Peter).  But the whole picture together is pretty amazing.

I'm starting to wonder.  When Hiro went to the future, was it Sylar who killed Isaac, or Peter?

im_a _hellion

« Reply #94 on: 22 Feb 2007, 17:09 »

is it juss me or are peter and sylars talents very similar?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #95 on: 22 Feb 2007, 17:40 »

it appears that sylar has to kill people to absorb their powers while peter does not. and i'm not quite sure if sylar has a limit to how many he can absorb. but other than that, yes, they are pretty similar.

im_a _hellion

« Reply #96 on: 22 Feb 2007, 17:54 »

maybe its just that he is psycotic and doesnt think that he can use them until they r dead

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #97 on: 23 Feb 2007, 09:42 »

No. Sylar most certainly needs to kill them to use their powers. He obviously has to take something from their brain. Whereas Peter is empathic, and his genes themselves change when around other people, and appear to then "remember" the changes.

guywithoutsocks

« Reply #98 on: 23 Feb 2007, 11:28 »

Right, Sylar didn't originally have any special abilities of his own.  I have missed a few episodes, so I could be wrong, but I don't know that they've ever showed exactly what Sylar does to take another's special ability.  I don't think the specifics are that important outside of the process being fatal; I would imagine it's graphic enough that we've probably seen as much as we're going to, given that it airs on NBC.

thepugs

« Reply #99 on: 23 Feb 2007, 12:32 »

They don't say how it is in particular that he absorbs powers, but it looks like his original power was seeing inside something to know what is broken.  When he stole the telekinesis from the first person he killed, he looked at them and said something like, "I can see your brain.  It's broken."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up