THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 19:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII  (Read 28069 times)

mts

Re: Final Fantasy XII
« Reply #100 on: 07 Jan 2007, 01:41 »

i did that but it still won't let me use the ferry. i have already gone and fetched her two other things. i need to go to the north bank to finsih it but it won't let me

Sarcasmorator

« Reply #101 on: 07 Jan 2007, 07:08 »

I think there's a kid by the dock you need to talk to, and you may have to exit the village and come back.

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #102 on: 11 Jan 2007, 10:15 »

Umm, I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure...

A.) There are three things you have to get and bring back to that lady in that quest to use the ferry

and

B.) You can go straight to the Mosphoran Highwaste from the Nalbina Fortress, which you can get to through the part of the Estersands closer to Rabanastre
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #103 on: 13 Jan 2007, 21:28 »

I beat this game last night. The ending made me want to cry, only I'm too manly and rugged to cry. Also I lost my tearducts in a tragic floor waxing accident. But seriously, THE BEST GAME IN THE SERIES SINCE FFVI. I ended up ACTUALLY GIVING A SHIT about the characters, all of whom I found likeable. The game has basically resuscitated my love for the RPG form, and that's the highest praise I can give anything.

I want to restate again how huge this game is. In terms of world size AND content. I sunk 60 hours into the beautiful bastard to beat the game, and that was without doing ANY sidequests, all of THREE hunts, NO optional espers/dungeons/monsters, NO ultimate weapons, etc etc. I only leveled up and used a three person party, as well, letting my other three people languish at the level 15 range. This game is a completionist's wet dream, and not in the "how the hell am I going to do all of this, and what's the point??" way that Nippon Ichi strategy RPGs are.

Fabio

« Reply #104 on: 13 Jan 2007, 21:39 »

You make me ACHE for this game GARGH!!!

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #105 on: 13 Jan 2007, 22:32 »

HA HAAAAA.

I took a huge break from the game, which is usually what I do before I start leveling up a whole lot. I'm about.. 105 hours in? I have never spent so much time on a game.. ever..

..Did I say that already?
Hate, rain on me

quotemyname

« Reply #106 on: 15 Jan 2007, 19:20 »

step 1: Final Fantasy video game is released
Step 2: i purchase said video game
Step 3: i play said video game
Step 4: my friends all move on with their lives
Step 5: i get left in the dust
Step 6: i finish final fantasy just in time for the release of the next final fantasy
Step 7: the next installment is released

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #107 on: 17 Jan 2007, 05:07 »

i just had an idea: how about they take the final in final fantasy and actually mean it. these games bother the hell out of me. they're not rpgs people!! why does no one see this?!?
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

mts

« Reply #108 on: 17 Jan 2007, 08:34 »

any tips on taking down the first demon wall, the best i have done was 3/4 of the way down before i get crushed. i think i  need to get more quickenings soi can link them but still

ackblom12

« Reply #109 on: 17 Jan 2007, 12:42 »

i just had an idea: how about they take the final in final fantasy and actually mean it. these games bother the hell out of me. they're not rpgs people!! why does no one see this?!?

Because it was a term used for them early on, due to a large chunk of the early games borrowing so damn much from D&D and it just stuck.

I still love them though. Except FF8 & up. They can lick my nuts.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #110 on: 17 Jan 2007, 12:46 »

Actually, 12 is one of my favorites. Nothing on 6, but still much better than the last couple.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

ackblom12

« Reply #111 on: 17 Jan 2007, 13:32 »

Oh, it's definitely a hell of an improvement over the last few, but I really couldn't make myself care about much of what was going on while i played. Overall the game was just very"meh" to me. On the upside, I enjoyed most of the characters which is definitely better than the unadultered HATE i have for almost every Final Fantasy character after 7.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #112 on: 17 Jan 2007, 20:52 »

any tips on taking down the first demon wall, the best i have done was 3/4 of the way down before i get crushed. i think i  need to get more quickenings soi can link them but still

I never bothered to try to kill that first one. There's no way to stop its advance like the second one, and I was never able to do enough damage in little enough time to defeat it before teh_crushinating. My recommendation is to make a note of it and come back later in the game when you can whip it easily.

In other news, I got a few hours into Valkyrie Profile 2, an admittedly good but entirely different game experience, before losing all interest and starting a new game of FFXII already. I'm quite serious when I say that this is my favorite FF since VI!! I can't get away from this game. It's as close to perfect as I can imagine...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up