THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 20:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug Yr Comic  (Read 334939 times)

fashionablenerdgrl

Re: Plug Yr Comic
« Reply #50 on: 05 Dec 2006, 23:27 »

woohoo! thank you :D

kiltedassassin

« Reply #51 on: 06 Dec 2006, 01:11 »

Ooh... I too willl plug my comic!

The idea is to always have two stories running, one that is updated Mondays & the other one on Fridays. At present, they are The Armchair Meta-Detective Agency and Dr. DeGraffenreid's Science Squad.  They are both located here: www.kiltedassassin.com/webcomics/comicsmain.htm
And they don't suck. Or maybe they do, but how will you know unless you read them two or three times to check?

Jayde_T.

« Reply #52 on: 07 Dec 2006, 20:58 »

Okay, getting this in the right spot. . .

Preston Says

It's fairly new and (IMO) lots of fun.

Enjoy!

neek

« Reply #53 on: 07 Dec 2006, 21:01 »

Problem: No comic is displaying. I tried it in both Firefox and IE, seeing if it might be a browser problem (if your site isn't supported by Mozilla, then there are greater problems), but it seems NOTHING is coming up. Huh. :(

TheLanyard

« Reply #54 on: 07 Dec 2006, 22:47 »

It's there, but if you're window is too small, it pushes the comic down.  Might want to try scrolling down. 

Narr

« Reply #55 on: 10 Dec 2006, 01:15 »

Oh man, the comics I've found through this thread just keep getting better.

Lucid TV: Dr. Mario

My sides hurt from laughing.  Absolutely BRILLIANT.

edit:  Also, looking into a few more of the ones posted since last time I checked the thread.  The artwork in "Preston Says" is impressive.
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2006, 01:24 by Narr »

neek

« Reply #56 on: 10 Dec 2006, 12:25 »

Lucid-TV is the awesome.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #57 on: 11 Dec 2006, 09:46 »

thanks hey thanks whoa!!!!

seriously, it's cool that my comic hurt you.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

kiltedassassin

« Reply #58 on: 12 Dec 2006, 00:45 »

Hrm....I've had a few people tell me that my site doesn't work. It's a DNS issue which means... I dunno something. If you have tried to visit www.kiltedassassin.com and it hasn't worked, and for some reason you have lots of time on your hands (or are desperate to see the Science Squad) you can follow the following easy steps:
( I don't really expect anyone to do this but still, it's worth a shot).

For Macs, Linux/UNIX, Windows XP:  from the command prompt or terminal
window, (see ** Note ** below) try:

nslookup kiltedassassin.com

If you don't get an answer back, try:
nslookup kiltedassassin.com 205.171.2.65

That should return an answer from QWest (resolver.qwest.net), who
currently recognizes kiltedassassin.com.  If you can't get an answer from
that IP address, then your ISP has more DNS configuration to do, since
QWEST is a huge DNS provider.

Then try to ping the IP address for kiltedassassin.com:

ping 67.41.131.73

Copy the results from nslookup into an email to your ISP's help desk, and
tell them that this is a working domain, and please give you access.  If
you get something back from ping, add to the email that you can see the
server on the network.

** Note **:  nslookup can be found in different places, so you many need
to try /usr/sbin/nslookup on Solaris, Mac or Linux systems.  On Red Hat
Linux, the command is /usr/bin/nslookup.  From Windows XP, the command is
available on the XP Professional Command Prompt, and likely available on
other versions of Windows or Windows XP.

Cold

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #59 on: 20 Dec 2006, 22:40 »

There was a PW advert for this on QC for five minutes

It is my finest hour

www.drunkduck.com/Floyd_and_Mike

eta: since when are urls case-sensitive goddammit

damn you berners-lee damn you to hell
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2006, 02:36 by Cold »
READ MY COMICS OR DIE

Floyd and Mike
Bayeux Rhythms

TheLanyard

« Reply #60 on: 21 Dec 2006, 21:28 »

www.drunkduck.com/Floyd_and_Mike

Funny stuff, but the cut and paste thing has already been done by Dinosaur comics.  I think you're just going to hear that about a gazillion times.

Cold

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #61 on: 22 Dec 2006, 21:39 »

Well, yeah, what do you think I'd been reading? Besides, f Jeph can rip off Ryan North, I can too.  :mrgreen:
READ MY COMICS OR DIE

Floyd and Mike
Bayeux Rhythms

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #62 on: 25 Dec 2006, 00:04 »

I very much liked reading Stupor Heroes, Lucid TV, and the Devil and Ted. Nice work all of you! Without you, I would be stuck reading random peoples blogs again.
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #63 on: 25 Dec 2006, 10:37 »

Quite capital of you to put up this thread Jeph. Lemme put on my Shameless Plugging Hat (TM) here....

...as most of you who read my posts on the Weekly Comic threads may know, I write and do the art for a weekly sci-fi superhero webcomic called The Vanguard. It's basically about a group of classic heroic characters based on a starship defending and exploring galactic civilization in the 24th century. Think Justice League meets Star Trek.

I've been putting up pages since April of this year and it's presently in the middle of the second chapter. You might want to start reading from the beginning of the 1st chapter as it ties into the 2nd. As to whether it sucks, well, that's really up to the reader to decide, but I like most of the work I've done on it so far. Sure there's room for improvement, but I figure only continuing practice will do that-in other words, I should keep doing the comic for as long as I can come up with decent stories. Unless you downright hate both the superhero and sci-fi genres, I think you'll like what I'm doing.

*takes off Shameless Plugging Hat(TM)* Anyone else wanna borrow this? Just pass it back to me when the thread is closed.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2006, 10:40 by themacnut »
The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Doomsayer

« Reply #64 on: 25 Dec 2006, 13:42 »

Eh, why not? Here it is: Real Life Stories I Made Up

rlsimu.smackjeeves.com

The art isn't particularly good (a nice way of saying it completely and utterly sucks), but the writing comes from real life stories. How bad can it be?
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2006, 13:45 by Doomsayer »

TheLanyard

« Reply #65 on: 28 Dec 2006, 21:49 »

I really like your art style.  And Diaphragm Man rules!

SloppyJaloppy

« Reply #66 on: 30 Dec 2006, 13:01 »

Just getting my comic ideas out there!

http://sloppyjaloppy.deviantart.com/
I think the working title is 'Something about Computers...'
but that is pending atm.

Basically it's a humor strip that deals with a computer
named Jack, his Ipod buddy named Rudy, and a
host of other appliances.

just FYI, I'm not trying to steal similiar ideas of Pintsize
and his machine friends. i've actually been hesitant
to show this forum my new project because of such
paranoia. i tried to deviate them in
several aspects afterwards (so I don't piss off Jacques,
whom I admire.) so that when you're reading my comic
you get something new out of it.

Enjoy!

godinpants

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Jolly good show old bean.
    • Godinpants
Re: Zombolette
« Reply #67 on: 31 Dec 2006, 06:14 »

Oh man, can someone plkease move this to the webcomic pluggin' thread? Sorry, Official N00b.... I'm socially inept T_T

Anyways I'm Scarlette and I'm new and I didn't know how else to introduce myself!

Just thought I'd pimp my comic while I'm here... http://www.zombolette.com
Or if you feel like commenting, the comics are all on http://zombolette.livejournal.com

I'd love to hear your comments :D there aren't many strips, but hopefully they'll take off soon when I quit being lazy (you know how it is... :/)

i just read through all your stuff. i love it. make more.

JSS

« Reply #68 on: 01 Jan 2007, 18:14 »

tis nae a webcomic...but a COMIC COMIC! sans comedy of course....well i guess theres some comedy or jokes.

yeah whatever.

www.myspace.com/lifeishellcomic

JSS

« Reply #69 on: 04 Jan 2007, 08:04 »

thanks scarlette,im only the writer however.
the guy who was backing us financially dipped out so right now im trying to get enough cash together to get the first issue published or put up online.
i think online would prob be my best bet at this point but i need enough cash to pay the artist :(

wirehead

« Reply #70 on: 06 Jan 2007, 04:37 »

:-D

Okay. Thanks, Jeph-y.
Wireheads is relatively new. Hitting 70 strips in a couple more postings.
It tells tales of stuff that I've seen or experienced at work, and my work is creating visual effects for movies, etc.
Comic-strip style, continuing storylines, some color.

Tell me what you think.  There isn't a Wireheads' Review in existence so far.

Cheers!
- Jimbo

watchwood

« Reply #71 on: 06 Jan 2007, 10:19 »

Sorry about that, I made that macro earlier today and just couldn't resist using it.

Anyways, I'm making my attempt at this sort of thing at www.drunkengamers.net.  I know the site isn't in very good shape.  I'm been working on an overhaul for it for the better part of the night, and probably will be trying to fix the thing until...oh, probably right up until I can afford to just pay and have a half decent job done for me by someone who knows what they're doing.  The skin is crap, and half of the links don't work, but I'm proud of it none the less.

EDIT:  But ya, some critiques and maybe some encouragement would go a long way towards help my self esteem with that thing.  Neither of my regulars are very encouraging.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2007, 10:32 by watchwood »

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.
« Reply #72 on: 09 Jan 2007, 07:03 »

Ill plug the godsdamned comic when I get the first on drawn and writted, but first I nee to know what program jeph uses to draw QC, or I need to buy a scanner. The basic idea is I take photos of me in ordinary situations, trace over the "lines" and color them in, adding effects as necessary. Ill post a sketch sometime in the future. Any advice, though?
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Shishio

« Reply #73 on: 09 Jan 2007, 17:06 »

I'm pretty sure he uses Illustrator, actually.  Either program would work, but personally, I find Photoshop easier to use.

watchwood

« Reply #74 on: 11 Jan 2007, 09:51 »

I'm loving vector graphics for my stuff.  It's the only way I can get lines that are even decently smooth.  Will probably switch over once my Wacom comes in, though.

sk8brder40

« Reply #75 on: 17 Jan 2007, 04:14 »

Delayed Reaction: http://delayed-reaction.sk8brder40.com - Humorous stick figure comic. Not crappy stick figures, very uhh sexy ones? I'm hoping to change the art of them soon, however. Just enjoy the damn comics hahah.

Nettle

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #76 on: 17 Jan 2007, 14:19 »

http://www.drunkduck.com/Notebook/ We'll be starting to update it soon too.
www.notebookinhand.com -Forum for creative people.

www.maidmarianandhermerrymen.co.uk - Remember Maid Marian And Her Merry Men? Join the fanforum!
http://fluffybricks.blogspot.com You might not believe your eyes!

Silly Bobs new groove

« Reply #77 on: 20 Jan 2007, 06:48 »

Jeopardy With Sickos

Updates Tuesdays and/or thursdays, sometimes even both.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #78 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:28 »

thanks scarlette,im only the writer however.
the guy who was backing us financially dipped out so right now im trying to get enough cash together to get the first issue published or put up online.
i think online would prob be my best bet at this point but i need enough cash to pay the artist :(

If you really need space to put your comic online, there's always *shudder* Keenspace.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Cayzle

« Reply #79 on: 27 Jan 2007, 09:31 »

Thanks for the invite to plug my comic.

Cat's Grace is a D&D strip about a liontaur adventurer. Updated every Monday.

http://www.cayzle.com/grace/gracenew.html

Peter Harris

« Reply #80 on: 31 Jan 2007, 18:23 »

I work in a clinic, and Lucid TV is even funnier because it has an undercurrent of "funny because it's true!"

Good job.

daclam

« Reply #81 on: 01 Feb 2007, 11:05 »

Hi all,

I've been writing a comic called The Misadventures of February Gray for almost a year now.  I haven't been the most active about promoting it, but I figure posting here is a start.  I'm gonna start advertising more heavily soon, if anyone has advice regarding promotion (or hell, any advice whatsoever really) I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, about the comic, it's a slice of life thing about a girl living in Las Vegas that on occassion isn't the most work-safe thing in the world, but regardless, I hope you enjoy it.  I do.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #82 on: 03 Feb 2007, 06:53 »

I work in a clinic, and Lucid TV is even funnier because it has an undercurrent of "funny because it's true!"

Good job.

thank you. one of the other guys (hutch) is an ambulance driver, although i think it has less to do with our humor than one might expect.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

L33tm4st3r

« Reply #83 on: 05 Feb 2007, 07:07 »

Hello I just got up to date with all of QC and I got to say wow nice job  :-D.  After reading about how you like to look and try out other people?s web comics I thought that you would like to come visit ours. We have been up and running for almost 2 years now so please any and all of you who like to try new web comics come and visit.
Also like many web comics we had a rocky start but after the first season it real picked up in pace and story line. 8-)

Alicia and her friends live their lives in late '80s Southern California, play in a band, and crazy shenanigans ensue!

http://juvenilediversion.comicgen.com/

Also just an heads up me and her are scheming on a guest comic that we think will make a great impression to you and your readers.... :evil:

torg

« Reply #84 on: 07 Feb 2007, 06:25 »

Not a webcomic (as in: updating regularily, lots of pages, own website....), just a little project to see, whether I pull it off. Only two pages so far (out of 6 or so), the writing lacks a lot, the art is crappy.

page 1
page 2

AnubicDarque

« Reply #85 on: 08 Feb 2007, 03:21 »

hey there everyone ,  Im gonna plug both of mine at the same time  so I hope thats OK

First one has been going for a while  (just a little under a year) and updates 2 times a week. and that is the Famous Blood Bound
The second is very new   infact I only just got it up  and has 2 comics on it (and three more waiting on the server) and updates once weekly (Its kinda about me in a round about way) and thats the new and improved Anubis Dreams

Thanks to all who take a gander     it should be fun working on them both

Socky

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #86 on: 08 Feb 2007, 05:13 »

Lucid TV

Man, I just read through you're site and that is freakin funny, I've passed it on to some of my mates too.

But I do have a question, what's the deal with "Human Bear" I've seen it pop up in a few of the comics.

SloppyJaloppy

« Reply #87 on: 08 Feb 2007, 11:32 »

I'm on your sites, pluggin mah comic.

www.gerascomics.com
SOMETHING ABOUT COMPUTER.

It's the bomb right up in hurr. Check it out! Tell your friends if it amuses you.

and check out www.webcomicsnation.com
those guys are also the bomb and/or peeps. Word? Word.

neal ohara

« Reply #88 on: 08 Feb 2007, 13:35 »

www.subanx.com

everything is being reworked, site and artwork. should  be rollin again by march.:mrgreen:

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #89 on: 08 Feb 2007, 14:54 »

Man, I just read through you're site and that is freakin funny, I've passed it on to some of my mates too.

But I do have a question, what's the deal with "Human Bear" I've seen it pop up in a few of the comics.

humanbear is a story about the adventures of a half-human/part-bear that doesn't want to be sent into space. hopefully it (or one of several other story-based things) will take comic form someday and it may be what happens when lucid tv stops.

(it was also conceived two years before the south park episode with "manbearpig")
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

coach_brew

« Reply #90 on: 10 Feb 2007, 10:47 »

After months of blood, sweat, and even more blood - the comic is now online. Yes!!

Check out the most recent comic here.

Shredded Moose - Educate yourself with video game news, comics and reviews. Join Coach Brew and Trip as they wage an epic battle against societal stupidity!
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2007, 10:53 by coach_brew »

Lewis Rice

« Reply #91 on: 10 Feb 2007, 20:55 »

At last! Since the begining of last year I have been creating a comic of such hugeness. such amazingness that i had to scrap ideas TWICE! and after finally being happy with it. I present...The Illegal Team!!!

http://www.comicspace.com/lewis_rice/comics.php?action=gallery&comic_id=2588

Basically about all my friends alter egos fighting cult groups and fascists that we don't like. Don't like the sound of it? Up yours! It will be brilliant. Trust me.

Morgan Jones

« Reply #92 on: 11 Feb 2007, 22:19 »

Hurr.... Okay, didn't really know where to start after the usual "HUllloo ... I'm Ze dead killing 1337 n00b! Lol Roxorz Lolo Rofl" kind of thread you always have to do on forums (big ones at least) and I saw some thing that might get me help review on my art and fo shizzling (not at all in fact) webcomic I started not so long ago with my Pal.

so the thing's called Code White . I know, sounds weird for a name, but once you'll find out what it means and where this term is comonly used, I think you might like it  :-D

Anyhow, Any comments, tips or criticizm on how to improve my drawings would be warmly welcome and are actually kind of really needed. Tidbits to add: I never ever took anykind of art classes...

logosmonkey

« Reply #93 on: 13 Feb 2007, 20:18 »

I very much liked reading Stupor Heroes, Lucid TV, and the Devil and Ted. Nice work all of you! Without you, I would be stuck reading random peoples blogs again.
Thanks Scissors. Hope you enjoy the new artist and we're almost back to on time with twice a week updates!

--Steve
thedevilandted.com

rdalke

« Reply #94 on: 13 Feb 2007, 23:09 »

I just started this comic as something to do when I'm not studying...

I know there aren't many comics, but I'm committed to keeping a regular update schedule. The site is still being tweaked a bit, but all the navigation works.

RGB Comic

Hope you enjoy!

Rewnad

« Reply #95 on: 18 Feb 2007, 20:48 »

Hey all, I have to say there are a lot of good comics to be found here. So far my favourite has to be Zombolette. It's so off-beat and the art style is great.

Anyway here's my humble offering, and if you like it make sure to tell all your friends. ;)

The Mighty Vikings

rcmonroe

« Reply #96 on: 19 Feb 2007, 12:13 »

Dude, my comic is totally cool.

See?

You can tell it's cool because it was nominated for a WCCA award and it didn't win which means it's totally rock n' roll (dude).

But don't take my word for it. I might be slightly biased. Check it out for yourself.

This has been a self-serving public service announcement. Thank me.
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2007, 07:43 by rcmonroe »

rdalke

« Reply #97 on: 19 Feb 2007, 23:18 »

Your link is a mess, son. Unless your comic is SUPPOSED to be an article about the hypertext transfer protocol.

rcmonroe

« Reply #98 on: 20 Feb 2007, 07:47 »

Um, just proving that a very cool comic can be made by a total idiot.

Fixed the link. Thanks for the heads up.

rdalke

« Reply #99 on: 20 Feb 2007, 08:13 »

no problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up