THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug Yr Comic  (Read 334985 times)

MattBurns

Re: Plug Yr Comic
« Reply #150 on: 16 May 2007, 06:52 »

Thanks, though keep in mind I don't write all the strips.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if I broke my own rules. Most of the time  I'm not very good at understanding why I like things and why I don't, so when I try to verbalize them, I often find exceptions to my rules Many occasions I find myself enjoying things that I wouldn't think I would.

Case in point. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I didn't want to see this movie. I don't find Vulgarity and delinquency funny, as a rule. Due to a strange misunderstanding, I went to see this movie with my wife, she thought I wanted to see it, I thought she wanted to see it, though neither of us really did.
I didn't want to like this movie. I spent most of the first half of this movie not liking this movie. Then something caught me off guard. It was the break in scene, all the hot girls were dressed in their skin tight cat bungler outfits. they were all doing various feats of gymnastics in an attempt to bypass the laser security grid, and out do each other. The last girl performs a series of very complex maneuvers and ends up in a dramatic pose, flushed with her own success and hubris.  She then lets out a very long, very loud fart. 12 year old humor at it's best. it was very low brow, very juvenile. I died. To this day it stays with me as one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I really don't remember much else from the movie. there was some more low brow humor. Mark Hamil had a pretty good role, but I enjoyed the rest of the movie, and to this day I have it in the list of movies I like.

So perhaps I should use the word generally a lot more than I do when I'm talking about what I like and don't like. Most of the time I just take my lumps when people point out where I contradict myself and go on.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to read my site, and thanks even more for the feedback. I'm truly surprised and honored that you think its on par with professional syndicated strips. And if you talk to some of the tons of people you know that enjoy this kind of humor, could you send them over?

thanks!

thanks.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #151 on: 16 May 2007, 11:36 »

Sure, I'll send out the link to some friends today

Your comic very much reminds me of other strips from the Chicago Reader, like Red Meat (which doesn't run anymore, but it was awesome).

You guys should check out Spikedhumor.com

Someone should collect a comic from everyone's comic strips here, and make them into a picture gallery and post it there.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #152 on: 19 May 2007, 13:26 »

Not my webcomic, but you should all read Dresden Codak. It's a fantastically nerdy fantasy comic that's fantastic.

fixed your link babe - allybee
« Last Edit: 19 May 2007, 16:51 by Ally »

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #153 on: 19 May 2007, 16:34 »

Man that link was so bad it sent me to the Wikipedia definition for HTTP.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

FoolOnTheHill

• Plantmonster
  • Oh shit, she really WOULD kill me.
    • Occult Anonymous
« Reply #154 on: 07 Jun 2007, 23:12 »

Hmm... don't say my comic sucks huh.... well.... it doesn't... not suck. Anyway, it's kinda new, and I'm still learning photoshop, anyway, here it is:

http://getbent.comicgenesis.com

Like I said, new and still learnin', so enjoy for now till I get better. Soon hopefully.
"At least I still have the warantee, right?"
"HAHAHAHA! Oh man, you are so fucked."

DanielMcElhaney

« Reply #155 on: 08 Jun 2007, 21:18 »

Uh, hi. I'm pretty new to the forums, but I will be a regular. Anyways, heres the plug.

This comic and it's website are both under construction, so bear with us. It is written/drawn by a close friend of mine, and I am making the updates and paying for the domain. Here's hoping you like it.

www.rdacomic.com

sushi

« Reply #156 on: 09 Jun 2007, 08:51 »

MurrayB

« Reply #157 on: 10 Jun 2007, 13:21 »

Hey kids! I'm new to the forum but here is my creation. I (just) started this to get better at drawing. Check it out and critique, or not, but i would appreciate it if you would. (under construction, please bear with us)
updates M,W,F
http://www.botscomic.com/comic.html

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #158 on: 12 Jun 2007, 11:37 »

Hey, I liked the artwork a lot.
It's off to a good start, even the whole ditching the plotline thing, which is funny in itself.

A lot of the links don't work, like clicking next or previous, and even one page I couldn't click on "archive", but you said it's under construction so I assume you're working on that.

Again, not a big fan of popular celebrity humor, but I'm probably the minority there :P

My favorite one had to be the one where he's bleeding and says Take me home, Jesus.
I rofl'd.

Also, sushi, I read every one of your napkinz comic, and I just gotta say that was awesome stuff.
I definitely noticed your influences like Don Hertzfeldt, etc. Loved the random humor and movie references.
I'll be checking for more on Sundays :D
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2007, 12:02 by TheBoredOne »
Boredom Makes You Cool.

MurrayB

« Reply #159 on: 13 Jun 2007, 09:31 »

Hey, well thanks for the feedback. And also, I feel dirty when I have to write in celebrity humour. Writing is much harder than drawing and i'm afraid no one will understand allusions to death metal, comic books and other obscure things.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #160 on: 13 Jun 2007, 13:35 »

I wouldn't be too scared of that. QC makes indie references no one else gets, and it's still popular :P
Boredom Makes You Cool.

rcmonroe

« Reply #161 on: 13 Jun 2007, 14:54 »

Hey, well thanks for the feedback. And also, I feel dirty when I have to write in celebrity humour. Writing is much harder than drawing and i'm afraid no one will understand allusions to death metal, comic books and other obscure things.

Some people will understand them, some won't. Some will be turned off by them. You have to decide whether you're willing to limit your audience to people interested in the same things you are. Or find a way to make the references accessible.

I wouldn't be too scared of that. QC makes indie references no one else gets, and it's still popular :P

I would venture to say that QC is popular in spite of those references, not because of them. QC's popularity rests on a number of things that Jacques does well, like character development, gag contruction, pacing, etc.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #162 on: 13 Jun 2007, 15:24 »

Yeah exactly.
As long as you're not basing the comic on one type of joke all the time, and still manage to make those references funny, I don't see a problem with it.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

valedaemon

« Reply #163 on: 15 Jun 2007, 08:55 »

Though both comics are on the same site, I'll give urls to the latest versions of both because, um, yeah. And stuff.

http://www.bunnydogproductions.com/latest_uberdork.html (Uberdork & Uberdorkess)

http://www.bunnydogproductions.com/latest_megapocket.html (MegaPocket, Ho!)

The style of the comic is constantly evolving as I get better with wielding Sodipodi and my wacom. :) The first few editions of each comic have been around for over a year and a half now, but now that I'm only working 60 hours a week, I find that I actually have time to work on them! (Imagine that...)

wirehead

« Reply #164 on: 15 Jun 2007, 17:39 »

:-D

Okay. Thanks, Jeph-y.
Wireheads is relatively new. Hitting 70 strips in a couple more postings.
It tells tales of stuff that I've seen or experienced at work, and my work is creating visual effects for movies, etc.
Comic-strip style, continuing storylines, some color.

Tell me what you think.  There isn't a Wireheads' Review in existence so far.

Cheers!
- Jimbo

Well, we did finally get a review from "Independant Propaganda's" writers.  Here's a link to check it out.

Cheers!
- Jimbo

Narshada

« Reply #165 on: 19 Jun 2007, 18:51 »

Hey all. I started my comic, Exotic Soup about 8 weeks ago, (once a week updates,) and I'd be interested to see what everyone thinks so far. Site is at www.exoticsoup.co.uk, which is a work in progress. Scroll down for the latest strip and click on it for the archives so far.

d-gradeBoys.com

« Reply #166 on: 24 Jun 2007, 04:11 »

Hey guys

We have just finished our first web comic and would love you to check it out and see what you think!

It is called 'June Sux!' and the latest installment can be found at the following link: http://www.d-gradeboys.com/junesux/junesux_latest.html

Thank you very much for your time and all the best!

:-D

Daf
e: [email protected]
w: http://www.d-gradeboys.com

officeninjas

« Reply #167 on: 25 Jun 2007, 06:12 »

Hey folks,

I'll give ya the link first, so you can skip the rest if you want.

Office Ninjas: Stealth, Assassination, and Consulting

A lot of what goes on at an office is rediculous. Any one who has worked in one knows this. This things people say. The bass ackwards way that things get done. All I'm saying is that if the company was staffed by ninjas, at least they'd have an excuse.

I've waited a while before trying to plug my comic, but the time has come. The comic started with the dual purpose of trying to make something entertaining and having something that would keep me drawing regularly. It has succeeded at the latter, but I need feedback from people who aren't friends and family.

So yeah, I appreciate your time and hope you enjoy the comic.

Joe

FoolOnTheHill

• Plantmonster
  • Oh shit, she really WOULD kill me.
    • Occult Anonymous
« Reply #168 on: 28 Jun 2007, 02:10 »

Hey, sorry 2 be pluggin' twice, but I think I've found my line thickness formula and am really starting to get into this.   :-D

http://getbent.comicgenesis.com

Get Bent: As Condemned by the Royal Family

Take a peek, enjoy, form an opinion, and if ya don't like it, send me some hate mail ^_^
"At least I still have the warantee, right?"
"HAHAHAHA! Oh man, you are so fucked."

HPPH

« Reply #169 on: 28 Jun 2007, 13:03 »

Another "not my comic" and by the way, searching "My Brain Hurts" in this forum yeilds fun results.

Named after Screeching Weasel's album, My Brain Hurts is a minicomic published (roughly) three times a year. I think QCers who enjoyed the early awkward romance and relationship issues will enjoy this comic. Additionally, gender theory and women's studies students'll get a kick out of the themes the author deals with. You can get the comics from either author Liz Baillie's site or from her quasi publisher Microcosm

So yeah, heavy pen and inking, the search for sexual identity and punk rock in a contemporary NYC setting.

colleenxcore

• Plantmonster
« Reply #170 on: 02 Jul 2007, 20:26 »

My friend Tailea and I have a joint comic:

http://literarycomics.blogspot.com/

Woo!

dizturbd_spat

« Reply #171 on: 06 Jul 2007, 06:06 »

A webcomic me and a friend recently started.
http://www.iliveinashed.com

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #172 on: 06 Jul 2007, 08:14 »

A friend of mine started a comic a while back that I find quite funny, and is looking for some readership.

Any of you who enjoy silly jokes taking place around a made-up high school with characters (not-always-so) loosely based on people I know, then check out Dorodango Method.

Plus, she sells t-shirts!  And has a link from her comic to a site that teaches you to make your own Dorodango (shiny ball of dirt)!

Definitely worth a look, fellow forumites.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

E. Oliver Coakley

Insert Life Here
« Reply #173 on: 06 Jul 2007, 19:36 »

I started this comic on the third day of college when I realized that I needed someway to document the madness that my life was going to be. I've been doing it for two years now, with no delay of comic insanity. It's only recently that I moved from a blogspot address and started making into a real webcomic, and now I'm trying to get the word out.

www.insertlifehere.net

(I'm also advertising it on QC's main page via Project Wonderful)

HPPH

« Reply #174 on: 07 Jul 2007, 12:28 »

My Friend Agnes Butterly's comic: Happy Love Stories
I'm hosting it for her. It's a weekly comic about Love and Romance! Check it out!

Levi-chan

« Reply #175 on: 12 Jul 2007, 16:11 »

OH I HAVE THIS TOTALLY EMO COMIC GUYZ:

http://hopscotch.comicgenesis.com

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #176 on: 24 Jul 2007, 10:50 »

A while back I linked to Dorodango Method, written by a friend of mine.

She noticed today that her readership went up a bit, I'm assuming some of you followed up on my linkage.

She says thank you in the most "KAWAIIII ^_^" way possible.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

nursethalia

« Reply #177 on: 24 Jul 2007, 14:29 »

Wow...any tutorials coming up on how you do the awesome soft-glow colouring?

Kosh

• Not quite a lurker
    • The Life Effect
« Reply #178 on: 01 Aug 2007, 13:45 »

Hope I'm not resented for joining today and plugging right away, but here it goes:

http://www.thelifeeffect.net

It's advertised in the index right now :) My webcomic influences are obvious. My non-webcomic ones not so much (Hugo Pratt, Roberto Fontanarrosa, and others).

Updates Monday and Friday when manageable...
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2007, 13:49 by Kosh »
we are the universe made manifest

Narr

« Reply #179 on: 01 Aug 2007, 17:17 »

Very noir-nerrative (which I like when well-done) and the art is very, very good.  I'll probably read a-ways into it and post again with more thoughts.

@ Kosh:

Honestly, I think half the people who've plugged their comics in this thread aren't around a whole lot or did it on their first post.  One of the reasons we made the thread was to keep all plugs for people like that in one place, and it's actually kept some of them around.  I've put at least 2 of the comics posted in here on my regular read list and there's a lot more I've read into and now that I think about it, should probably go back into and see what's been updated.  Just a hint: If you're around here more, i think people are more likely to end up reading your comic.  Just an FYI.

music0mayhem

« Reply #180 on: 01 Aug 2007, 23:33 »

Heres mine, website sucks cause I made it myself but you should like the comic.
http://music0mayhem.bravehost.com/index.html

Kosh

• Not quite a lurker
    • The Life Effect
« Reply #181 on: 02 Aug 2007, 01:38 »

@ Kosh:

Honestly, I think half the people who've plugged their comics in this thread aren't around a whole lot or did it on their first post.  One of the reasons we made the thread was to keep all plugs for people like that in one place, and it's actually kept some of them around.  I've put at least 2 of the comics posted in here on my regular read list and there's a lot more I've read into and now that I think about it, should probably go back into and see what's been updated.  Just a hint: If you're around here more, i think people are more likely to end up reading your comic.  Just an FYI.

Thanks Narr! I will keep that in mind. I do plan to stick around :)
we are the universe made manifest

Stefan Autsa

« Reply #182 on: 03 Aug 2007, 00:12 »

I came for the plugging, and stayed for the slugging.  I mean posting. 

And I'll probably have a look through this thread again, to see if I've missed anything.

Modern_Ruin

« Reply #183 on: 04 Aug 2007, 12:03 »

completely unshameless plugging! http://sidekickgirl.comicgenesis.com/

There's a chick with big tits! Granted, she's not the main character, but if that doesn't draw most people in, I don't know what will.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #184 on: 04 Aug 2007, 20:58 »

Oh man, Modern Ruin, I read all the issues of your comic, and it's awesome.

How often do you update? I'm hooked
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Modern_Ruin

« Reply #185 on: 04 Aug 2007, 22:24 »

Oh man, Modern Ruin, I read all the issues of your comic, and it's awesome.

How often do you update? I'm hooked

Wow thanks! It updates Wednesday, if Comic Genesis sees fit to actually kept to the schedule. If it's late, it's usually up Thursday night at the latest. I'm glad you like it! We're just starting out for now but we have some big hopes.

humanoftheyear

• Not quite a lurker
    • dur
« Reply #186 on: 07 Aug 2007, 14:31 »

I am plugging my comic!

http://thebaron.comicgenesis.com

i love this so much. thanks for posting your link.
A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession.
Albert Camus

Cold

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #187 on: 07 Aug 2007, 14:38 »

I have a new comic styles today now:

http://bayeuxrhythms.comicgenesis.com/index.html
READ MY COMICS OR DIE

Floyd and Mike
Bayeux Rhythms

SteveW

« Reply #188 on: 07 Aug 2007, 22:56 »

I have a new comic styles today now:

http://bayeuxrhythms.comicgenesis.com/index.html

I registered for the sole purpose of saying that I really liked this ( "zomg not original art", etc etc ).  The "sound financial advice" bit was great.

Tho, would it be possible for your "comment" bit that accompanies the post to have a different background?  I didn't even notice they were there at the bottom until I was half-way through the archive.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #189 on: 08 Aug 2007, 10:14 »

Ah, what the hell. I've been resisting plugging my stuff here for a while (I don't know why I'm always so reluctant to talk about my comic on forums -- it's good free publicity), but now I'm bored at work, so here:

Taco Man and Burrito Boy -- It's about two superheroes, but there's a lot more going on than just that. Oh you just wait. It's going to be awesome.

It's extremely continuity-heavy, so if you need a good starting point that isn't the very first comic from six years ago, I recommend the beginning of Chapter 8.

Does Jeph still read this thread, I wonder?
« Last Edit: 08 Aug 2007, 10:15 by HFrankenstein »
Hindrances to Progress Games to get in the way of your dreams!

MurrayB

« Reply #190 on: 08 Aug 2007, 17:59 »

I'm sure this thread was created just to keep shameless plugging out of the rest of the forum. Then, Mr. Jacques just says he'll pop in now and then and roam through the comics that people such as myself have created, to keep us placated. We've basically been condemned to float through the darkness of this void forever! He's a successful webcomic author for a reason- he's crafty.

All kidding aside, I managed to upload a few comics finally. Its hard to do with a modem. www.botscomic.com   I would really appreciate it if anyone could leave any kind of feedback, maybe in the forum where it says "feedback"? Please? 

Oh, I actually visited a comic link, which is a rarity. (like I said, a dial up modem) And it was... sidekickgirl? something along those lines. I like! nice work.

Oh, has anyone else noticed Mr.Jacques' fascination with the Quebecois? It's weird.

nursethalia

« Reply #191 on: 09 Aug 2007, 20:29 »

All kidding aside, I managed to upload a few comics finally. Its hard to do with a modem. www.botscomic.com   I would really appreciate it if anyone could leave any kind of feedback, maybe in the forum where it says "feedback"? Please? 

Your comic reminds of of Apple Scruffs!

http://hayescomics.com/

clarerose

« Reply #192 on: 10 Aug 2007, 14:32 »

MY comic.

i'm plugging it, i guess. just started.

http://anyonecanplayguitarorstartawebcomic.blogspot.com/

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #193 on: 11 Aug 2007, 21:27 »

Don't ever stop drawing on the yellow paper like that. That's awesome. Very original! Funny stuff.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

clarerose

« Reply #194 on: 13 Aug 2007, 06:46 »

Don't ever stop drawing on the yellow paper like that. That's awesome. Very original! Funny stuff.

thanks! good to hear!

C Patrick Carolan

« Reply #195 on: 13 Aug 2007, 22:41 »

I was thinking I'd wait until I had a few more strips posted before posting the link here, but I have a webcomic!

www.terminalhipster.com

wazzuhawk23

« Reply #196 on: 15 Aug 2007, 11:55 »

I got hooked on so many comics reading this thread.  Thanks everyone.

I figured I should post the webcomic that a buddy of mine is doing.  He does all the comics and I do all the web related stuff for it.  I, of course, think it's hilarious.  Hopefully you do too.

http://www.hometownheroescomic.com

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #197 on: 20 Aug 2007, 17:23 »

http://www.thatwittygeekcomic.blogspot.com

Yeah, I'm kind of new. And the font is all fucked up, I dont know why though. Stupid manga debut...
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2007, 20:51 by thatwittygeek »
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Modern_Ruin

« Reply #198 on: 21 Aug 2007, 15:52 »

Oh, I actually visited a comic link, which is a rarity. (like I said, a dial up modem) And it was... sidekickgirl? something along those lines. I like! nice work.

Hey, honored you clicked my link then, and glad you liked it. :)

Hax-Comic

« Reply #199 on: 27 Aug 2007, 19:49 »

Well since we get to plug our comics....Here's mine:

Hax-Comic
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up