THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Plug Yr Comic  (Read 335406 times)

nursethalia

Re: Plug Yr Comic
« Reply #300 on: 28 Jul 2008, 14:28 »

http://www.bluebed.net

... :-o  All I can say is...WOW. I wish I had a smidgen of your talent! Your illustrations are fantastic!

My effort is called Doormat Picnic, and can be found here: http://www.doormatpicnic.com

Your comic is GREAT! It reminds me so much of Scary Go Round art-wise, which I envy! Keep up the good work!!!!

TheArcanologist

« Reply #301 on: 28 Jul 2008, 22:20 »

I suppose this thread is here so people don't spam jephs mailbox with "link me!  link me!" requests.  I bet people still do, though.

Arcanology is me.  I'm pretty proud of it, especially my later work (that is to say, my last half dozen updates...).  My other comic is Sticks and Stones; it's sort of a side project, but I really like it and enjoy drawing it.

-Louis

pinch25

« Reply #302 on: 30 Jul 2008, 20:25 »

This is a webcomic that two friends of mine and I all work on.  Make that just me and one friend, sadly the female of our group has abandoned us. In other news, there's a new layout for the website which we hope is agreeable.Gelastic Comics. ^.^ Enjoy.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2008, 20:51 by pinch25 »

druminor

« Reply #303 on: 02 Aug 2008, 20:47 »

I draw a comic strip called The Antillian Chronicles.  It's primarily a fantasy webcomic.

http://theantillianchronicles.comicgenesis.com/

SpaceBanditAndy

« Reply #304 on: 05 Aug 2008, 02:19 »

I'll make this quick and painless:

http://www.fallcomic.com

Read it.

redleader

« Reply #305 on: 07 Aug 2008, 19:52 »

I didn't even realize QC HAD a forum.  Well, my comic has a few strips under it's sleeve now, and is undergoing a complete site design.  I'm very new at the drawing game, but I'm getting better and I've had compliments on the writing.  Give it a try, partially cliche or not it's fun!

www.endbosscomic.com

thatsketchycarterboy

« Reply #306 on: 09 Aug 2008, 16:08 »

Love QC!  Just started a little webcomic about the bar habits of mosquitoes.  It's at www.lavidaskeeter.com   
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2008, 19:57 by thatsketchycarterboy »

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #307 on: 15 Aug 2008, 06:09 »

I have an OFFline comic if that counts. It's called "Evolution Comics" and I'm almost done with the second issue. Jesus teams up with a dinosaur, an atheist, a Mormon robot, and Shiva to defeat Satan, who works as a mattress salesman. Self-produced because my drawing is not too great, but I'm getting better! I've never thought of putting it online because honestly I really prefer comics you hold in your hands. I mean, I love QC and xkcd and Dinosaur Comics and all, but I can't read them on the bus. But yeah maybe when the second issue is printed I'll plug it here as being for sale, if that's allowed.

funnyblood

« Reply #308 on: 24 Aug 2008, 20:09 »

Funny Blood

http://www.funnyblood.wordpress.com

Please be aware that Funny Blood is intended for an audience of 18+ due to mature content.

Thanks.

thistastes

« Reply #309 on: 31 Aug 2008, 13:08 »

Another sketch blog?  WTF?

http://steelandstripe.blogspot.com/

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions
« Reply #310 on: 05 Sep 2008, 15:24 »

www.traitor-comic.blogspot.com

Note: the first six updates were drawn by my good friend, all subsequent updates are written/drawn/colored by yours truly. Updates only once a week due to wicked time constraints.

Also check out www.brillianteraser.blogspot.com, which is where I post all other projects (films, short stories, and other comics).
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

edenhearts

« Reply #311 on: 06 Sep 2008, 19:00 »

I just started my comic :)
Mostly about computer nerd-ism, and general scenesters.

http://www.hearton.wordpress.com/

Silverhailo21

« Reply #312 on: 13 Sep 2008, 09:40 »

Well.

Here I am. I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened.

Any way, hi all, just kind scooting through. Plugging my webcomic Senescence and Thunder. If epic brutality, Beksinski inspired surealism and a story told from the perspective of a nearly omnipotent character sounds like your thing... come on by. It worth your time. For those that care, I have cheap ad space available on it (if you are hip to Project Wonderful) and I'm gaining a decent following, getting some sweet-ass 'hits' if you catch my drift. So come on by, enjoy the stay, and... err...

Watch out for the pools of god blood.

^_^

Akiliana

« Reply #313 on: 18 Sep 2008, 22:30 »

Hi All, long time QC reader first time poster. Here's my litte slice of webcomic
It's called Ellipses...Left Unsaid
Please check it out?
Click Here for Left Unsaid

mrtuesday42

« Reply #314 on: 20 Sep 2008, 16:59 »

well this doesnt exactly fit but enough of you are internet, gaming, webcomic nuts that this would be interested. im doing a web show with some friends of mine, we just posted episode 2 but dont play on stopping any time soon. so check us out, a lot of people are liking it. any feed back would be appreciated. join the forum there, propagate. make babies. etc.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #315 on: 21 Sep 2008, 15:30 »

Note: new website!

Traitor is now available at www.brillianteraser.wordpress.com

Just click the links on the right-hand side of the new page to access Traitor and some of my other projects. Traitor will still be updating Mondays. Cheers.
*bloop bloop bloop*

Cronny

• Not quite a lurker
    • Cronny.com
« Reply #316 on: 24 Sep 2008, 10:03 »

Hey, so not to be the asshole who registers just to promote his own stuff, but...

Really, though, I'm a big QC fan.  I've just never come to the forums.  Anyway, I just started a webcomic at:

Cronny.com

I've been reading webcomics with the ambition of creating my own for a long time.  I'm trying to avoid what I've identified as the typical pitfalls and cliches of webcomics (knowledge of nerd culture notwithstanding), and I've tried my best to make it stand out.  I already have a couple of general story arcs that I'm building towards, with enough room to dick around with that it'll hopefully still feel unconstrained.  If you have any input or criticism, I'd love to hear it.  Or if you like it and want to link to it from your site, that would also be great. 

I have no idea how to get my name out there.  I agree that the internet is most definitely a meritocracy, but I think that for webcomics, there's sort of a missing step.

1) Create webcomic
2) Tell your friends
X) Miraculously get lots of hits
3) Start selling t-shirts/Quit your day job

I'm very serious about this thing, but I'm a little bit at a loss as to how to make people aware of it.  Jeph, I'm new to the boards, so I have no idea how much you check out threads like these, but if you want to take a look, I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2008, 10:09 by Cronny »

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #317 on: 29 Sep 2008, 19:54 »

Your sketches are really cute!

Cronny: Just like with any art form, webcomics have to fill a need, if "need" is the word for it. QC is my soap-opera comic, Dinosaur Comics is for the lulz, A Softer World is for the dark lulz, xkcd and Overclocked for the nerd quotient, and so on. Figure out what niche you want to cover with your comic. Of course most webcomics are around for YEARS before they become mega-popular so I wouldn't quit your day job just yet. Seriously it is really hard to support yourself with a web business in this day and age and that has to be even harder when the only "product" you're selling (aside from t-shirts) are your ideas.

(If you do sell t-shirts try to send them out promptly! Wink wink.)

Cronny

• Not quite a lurker
    • Cronny.com
« Reply #318 on: 01 Oct 2008, 19:00 »

Oh, yeah, for sure.  I'm not hoping to becoming an overnight success, I'm just lamenting the missing step in terms of making people even aware of you.

Comix

« Reply #319 on: 01 Oct 2008, 20:39 »

The Joe Comic

The Joe Comic started out as drawings on a piece of paper, and grew into a small site with updates weekly. Joe is a stick figure who wears a top hat and travels the world, meeting new friends, enemies and other fascinating things.

The comic updates Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, with two comics per update.

www.thejoecomic.com

JunkFX

« Reply #320 on: 02 Oct 2008, 06:39 »

First off, since this is my first post, let me thank Jeph for the wonderful story and characters you have given to us over the years.  Thank you so much.  My girlfriend and I read them every day.

As for the self promotion, we have two sites, Darth JayDer is our home for all our comics (1 is almost complete and the other two are in the process, and The LOST myspace where you can download our first issue for free.  The book is called "Lost" and it has nothing to do with that TV show.  It's a romantic comedy for guys.

We would love to hear what people think about our book.

Nettle

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #321 on: 10 Oct 2008, 22:39 »

http://www.drunkduck.com/Notebook -trying to get it up and running again and I'd love some views.
www.notebookinhand.com -Forum for creative people.

www.maidmarianandhermerrymen.co.uk - Remember Maid Marian And Her Merry Men? Join the fanforum!
http://fluffybricks.blogspot.com You might not believe your eyes!

thistastes

« Reply #322 on: 14 Oct 2008, 06:54 »

Your sketches are really cute!

Thanks!  My mom thinks they're cute too but she has to say that because she loves me. 

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #323 on: 14 Oct 2008, 15:30 »

Anyway, without further ado... here's the link to ustherobots.com

I like the humor in this comic and it's layout is nice and clean, some comics have trouble with that.

tell your friend to keep 'em coming.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #324 on: 14 Oct 2008, 18:25 »

Anyway, without further ado... here's the link to ustherobots.com

I have found a new comic to add to my list of favorites.
*bloop bloop bloop*

bpatrick

« Reply #325 on: 19 Oct 2008, 19:11 »

My comic akimbo comics has been up for about two years. There are three novel-length stories currently updating, several finished short stories, and over 100 strips in the "eat $#!+ and die" section. Check 'em out and let me know what you think!

Cap'n Treacherous

• Not quite a lurker
    • http://www.pressstartcomic.com
« Reply #326 on: 19 Oct 2008, 19:51 »

"He was a zombie?"

tuna ketchup x

« Reply #327 on: 27 Oct 2008, 06:31 »

Others will probably disagree, but I laughed at your comic CNT.

I hope this doesn't count as advertispam, but I published the second issue of my comic book zine a few weeks ago, and just got around to putting it up on Etsy yesterday. The first is already up there. Evolution Comics, check it out, buy it plz. Say you're from the QC forums and I'll throw in a button or something.

BigJC

« Reply #328 on: 31 Oct 2008, 22:27 »

Hurray for Shameless plugs! http://upheaval.comicdish.com

I've recently moved mine since the old host was becoming increasingly... poopy. Let me know what you think

falconire

• Plantmonster
    • Supernaturals Presents
« Reply #329 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:53 »

My own slice of webcomicry. www.supernaturalspresents.com a dramatic story about people in the late 19th century with supernatural powers. Full page B&W, updates on Mondays.

DougGlendower

« Reply #330 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:54 »

Hi, I've been reading QC for a while now, and it was a blast meeting Jeph at ComicCon '08. Would have been the highlight, but damnit, Don Bluth showed up and stole his thunder. :)

Shameless plug? Oh, I can totally do this. It helps, for my comics, if you're familiar with the Battletech universe.

Comic One: MINIATURE RULES (Every Monday)

In the 31st Century, war has come to dominate the galaxy. Five noble houses and 7 warrior clans fight over the vacant throne of a deposed Star Lord. While the nobles and leaders manuever for position, the ordinary soldiers are focused on one thing:

Making you laugh, as they could care less.

Battletech novels are all about the all-too serious leaders, but with 4000 planets, you can be sure things go wrong on a regular basis. Follow along with Lootbag, JadeHellbringer, the Capellan Twins, Director Starslayer and the rest to take an irreverent look at the true day-to-day workings of the Inner Sphere, all in Miniature Rules

Miniature Rules: Fleecing the game world since 2007.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comic Two: Operation: Red Array (Every other Thursday)

In 3067, the Word of Blake launched their Jihad. One of the first worlds to fall was Chara III, also known as Pacifica, and the place where the Cresent Hawks reassembled. For four and a half years the population has suffered under the Blakist yoke, but now, in 3072, the Lyran offensive has finally caught up. The Blakists hold the planet, but now the Commonwealth is going to take it back!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's a new project coming, and talks are in works to find someone to take over the currently defunct BreadBox.

GrimAndy

« Reply #331 on: 25 Nov 2008, 06:01 »

howdy! this is prolly one of my first time on the QC talky place.. read all the comics but never once actually thought of coming in here and taking a look... one thing that amazed me is the plug your comic.. thats just crazy... but super awsome at the same time... its awsome how jeph is willing to help out a comic no matter how big or smal or great or crappy... and so on and so forth...
anyhoo seeing as everyone's dropping theirs ill follow suit. ..

www.skampydethkat.co.cc is our little home away from home... we're still pretty fresh on the block but soon we will take over the world! or just a small island... maybe a provence... who knows...
Keep it Real

foodstapler

« Reply #332 on: 08 Dec 2008, 06:09 »

Hello all,

loyal reader of QC for 4 years now!

I am currently in my exams, and I remembered something.

Last exams I posted something online. Something that I am very much ashamed of!  :-o It is just that awefull.

But, nonetheless, I wich to share my sucky talent to the rest of you all.

http://squarerootcomic.blogspot.com/

I would say "enjoy"

But that is impossible.

Regards,

ohwellwhatever

• Plantmonster
  • proud to be an underachiever
    • my illustrations and comics
« Reply #333 on: 25 Dec 2008, 13:33 »

http://www.bluebed.net

... :-o  All I can say is...WOW. I wish I had a smidgen of your talent! Your illustrations are fantastic!

thanks, that's very sweet of you

LeSwordfish

« Reply #334 on: 05 Jan 2009, 01:09 »

It will probably go unnoticed in the sea of brilliance around here, but my stickman comic, Social Networking (link in sig) needs SOME readers. A comic about whatever comes into my head, its only on comic 3 and already on a wobbly heading due to lazy artist (i'm the writer). Most of the future comics should look more like comic one (graphics-wise), and we should actually start drawing it soon, on a tablet like his great Jephness uses.

xlcomics

« Reply #335 on: 05 Jan 2009, 03:53 »

See my sig for my webcomic :)

cwoolard

« Reply #336 on: 08 Jan 2009, 00:03 »

Not sure if it counts as a "webcomic", as the "art" is made with a video game engine, but here it is:

"I Don't Get It Either."
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2009, 00:44 by cwoolard »

joesoar

• Not quite a lurker
    • Grumpy Comics
« Reply #337 on: 21 Jan 2009, 15:37 »

Hey, I'm new here, but I saw this thread and decided to post.

I write, draw, color, sometimes get too busy to do....

http://www.grumpycomics.com

yay!

I put in all my effort and I've been working as hard as I can with college and work to get it up, running and awesome.

I'm super proud of pages 39 onward, and feel I've been improving since the early pages..

It's about some friends, they get involved in odd adventures. The first and main story line gives the main character Evan, an  Artificial intelligence built into his computer and the likes of "Squid Connery". Evan has friends Willow, Scott and Patrick to help him out.

By the way, Evan kinda has emo hair sometimes, as much as I try to avoid it, it comes out that way. Don't judge him. He's pretty cool.

I'd really appreciate comments and critiques. Knowing my weak points and improving on them is the best way to get better right? lol.
:{D

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #338 on: 26 Jan 2009, 06:04 »

I make fun of myself and create bad art.
And I let those to thingers have a bastard child just now.

The idea came from a trusty forumite. He might have been yanking my chain.
The stuff I showed him was very rude and tactless though. (It was grading my little brother's barely-legal female friends' fuckability.)
But there is so much more to me than sex jokes.

Like my transformation to plastic superstar.

Or my new sunglasses.

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I can't draw.
Probably didn't need to tell you that.
Because that is obvious. Awesome.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #339 on: 26 Jan 2009, 07:37 »

Those are Ace, but you already knew that, now what is the link so we can find them more readily?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

BrilliantEraser

« Reply #340 on: 03 Feb 2009, 12:09 »

Moved again. Finally shelled out the cash to buy/host my own domain. Traitor still updates on Mondays.

Yes, I did do all the HTML myself. Don't judge me too harshly.

See you there.

http://brillianteraser.com
*bloop bloop bloop*

AdamW

« Reply #341 on: 07 Feb 2009, 13:28 »

Hi there,

I have a webcomic called 'Friends in Fire' at http://www.fnfcomics.com

It's about a group of friends who have a strained relationship due to their differences.

Eddurd

• Plantmonster
  • Over 25 years of drawing like crap!
    • "Everyday Heroes" comic
« Reply #342 on: 12 Feb 2009, 16:12 »

A major event is coming at "Everyday Heroes" ...

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/eddurd/everydayheroes/series.php
I wouldn't want to belong to any organization that would accept someone like me as a member.

Floyds Boy

« Reply #343 on: 12 Feb 2009, 18:20 »

Try Legendary Boys of Floyd on for size. Funny, pop culture-y, caffeinated.

http://www.boysoffloyd.com

Fifth

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #344 on: 15 Feb 2009, 08:26 »

Reposted from its own thread.

On my site, www.fifthstories.org/ I've got a vampire/werewolf story thing running in serialized form, kinda like a weekly webcomic, but I'm better with words than images, so it's all text. I've also got a fan-fic (yes I know, but I was young and needed the money) from a giant-robot game.

So if that's your thing, feel free to take a look.

I just read the above, and Good Heaven, I'm bad at whoring myself out.
www.fifthstories.org
^ My websiter. Combat-science-fiction stories (If that's your thing, enjoy.)

Kinewa

• Not quite a lurker
Lord Knows
« Reply #345 on: 19 Feb 2009, 16:10 »

Here's mine: http://lord-knows.com

Hope you enjoy it, although I have an interesting sense of humour ;)

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
« Reply #346 on: 19 Feb 2009, 21:21 »

I hear random is in this season.
also israel

Kinewa

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #347 on: 20 Feb 2009, 17:33 »

Haha it makes sense if you're in my head. Come to think of it, I'm not sure anything in there makes sense....

TLT Thomas

• Plantmonster
« Reply #348 on: 27 Feb 2009, 20:36 »

I guess this would be a good time to plug Times Like This, since I cameoed a few QC folks in the latest one. TLT is about a young lady who makes a time machine and uses it to get ahead in life. Only a small circle of friends, a dwarf secret agent and a robot from the 2020's share her secret.

pabswikk

My comic
« Reply #349 on: 12 Mar 2009, 15:41 »

Ok, I know this may look awkward as this is only my second post....but I just started a comic strip thingy...today and I was looking for some feedback.
Oh and remember this first comic is only tester. Second one will have colour and be devoid of awful awful jokes.

www.abstract-thinking.net
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up