THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 06:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts III?  (Read 10685 times)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Kingdom Hearts III?
« on: 17 Dec 2006, 03:45 »

Some of you may have seen this, a "secret" video achieved by accomplishing certain tasks in the game Kingdom Hearts II.

It seems to hint at a possible fourth game in the series (counting Chain Of Memories for the Gameboy Advance.)

What are your thoughts on this? Also.. if a fourth game were to be released, what worlds would you love to see in the game?

Personally, I thought it might be pretty neat if they included some of the worlds of the Final Fantasy series as actual play areas, and included more Final Fantasy characters that could actually join your party (like Auron at Olympus in KHII).

Also, if there is a "The Thief and the Cobbler" themed world, I will shit myself.
Hate, rain on me

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Re: Kingdom Hearts III?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2006, 05:23 »

Wait, wait. You mean they're making a third game in a ridiculously popular series?

Sarcasm aside, I really didn't like the first game at all, so I never played the second. It seemed the whole Final Fantasy aspect of it was pretty understated.

That being said, if Sabin is in it I might buy it anyway. Because Sabin is awesome.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2006, 06:14 »

Hmmm...well, really, what is left? Maybe Fox and the Hound, Toy Story....Older short cartoons like The Three Amigos, Mickey and the Beanstalk...
Either way, it will be all KINDS of awesome. I love Kingdom Hearts :) It's one of the few video games I can 1. Play hours on end and 2. Am actually kind of good at.

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2006, 07:28 »

What would be the point of having areas from Final Fantasy games?? Just go play those games if you want to play those areas. The appeal of the KH series is being able to play Disney areas.

Of course I've never touched either KH game and never will, so what do I know??

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2006, 08:17 »

Yeah, what DO you know?

A: Nothing.
Hate, rain on me

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2006, 21:55 »

Yeah, what DO you know?

A: Nothing.

:cry:

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2006, 23:06 »

I really don't understand people who are so set against the Kingdom Hearts series. Kingdom Hearts is fun and it shouldn't be judged by anything else. It's amazing.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2006, 23:12 »

Actually Greg your idea kind of makes sense. I would just like more involvement of Final Fantasy characters, because I am a Final Fantasy insane-guy.
Hate, rain on me

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2006, 05:47 »

If that comment was directed at me, I'm not against KH in any way. It's just not the game experience I'm interested in playing.

Knucles222

« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2006, 05:54 »

Ive played and finished all 3 kingdom hearts games.Even Chain of memories. The thought of Disney characters makes the game look stupid. Take a look at Mickey and Minnie's heads. They look huge! big heads lol.

Kingdom Hearts III eh? Well a possibility. If you want proof search gamespot and see if its really there.
try search random stuff like 'wtf' and a game called wtf exists...

i personally think it would be awesome to have kingdom hearts III. But please, NO MORE DISNEY CHARACTERS.It would've been better if Sora traveled to each FF's area.Like Tidus's world from FF10. Then they would fight toghether! Also FF12!
Man that would be sooooo awesome.

ackblom12

« Reply #10 on: 18 Dec 2006, 07:04 »

You do realize that taking out disney Characters makes it.. you know... NOT Kingdom Hearts right?

Honestly, my main gripe about the series is that they seem to rely way too much on Final Fantasy crossovers to make it work, adn then they make horrible design decisions on the characters they do bring in, and only use them for minor pointless scenes.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #11 on: 18 Dec 2006, 14:42 »

Yes. The third game in a series that Disney commissioned Square to make will not involve Disney characters at all.

THAT MAKES A WHOLE BUTT FULL OF SENSE.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #12 on: 19 Dec 2006, 02:52 »

Ive played and finished all 3 kingdom hearts games.Even Chain of memories. The thought of Disney characters makes the game look stupid. Take a look at Mickey and Minnie's heads. They look huge! big heads lol.

Kingdom Hearts III eh? Well a possibility. If you want proof search gamespot and see if its really there.
try search random stuff like 'wtf' and a game called wtf exists...

i personally think it would be awesome to have kingdom hearts III. But please, NO MORE DISNEY CHARACTERS.It would've been better if Sora traveled to each FF's area.Like Tidus's world from FF10. Then they would fight toghether! Also FF12!
Man that would be sooooo awesome.

OMG that wood be liek soo awesome lolol!!11
Hate, rain on me

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #13 on: 24 Dec 2006, 12:54 »

Official stuff on KH III: Disney has officially approached Square-Enix on doing the sequel. However, it's a long way off, as the KH team is the same team doing Final Fantasy XIII Versus. So, it won't be until AFTER that game is finished that they'll start on KH III.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Merkava

« Reply #14 on: 29 Dec 2006, 09:18 »

Wait, wait. You mean they're making a third game in a ridiculously popular series?

Sarcasm aside, I really didn't like the first game at all, so I never played the second. It seemed the whole Final Fantasy aspect of it was pretty understated.

That being said, if Sabin is in it I might buy it anyway. Because Sabin is awesome.

Dude, Sabin is the shit. I think FFVI has been totally shafted in the KH universe. Where's Celes? Terra? Locke? That yeti? KEFKA?

Bah. I can't get excited for a new KH. I loved the original once upon a time and the second one was pretty enjoyable, but...there are too many damn games to buy. :P

I Am Not Amused

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • http://www.myspace.com/bittercamparimusic
« Reply #15 on: 29 Dec 2006, 09:44 »

The reason FFVI has been shafted in the KH Universe is simple, aside from Vivi in KH2, every other Final Fantasy character that shows up in the series was originally character developed by the guy who directs(?) Kingdom Hearts.
Zac Efron wants a sourcebox lulz.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #16 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:36 »

But Sabin is the best character in any Final Fantasy game, period.

And the runners up are also from FFVI.

Fuck that game was good.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

DangerouslyRandom

« Reply #17 on: 29 Dec 2006, 11:53 »

I played about halfway through the original, lost interest.

Bought chain of memories, and lost interest after travese town (the whole card schemed fighting style pissed me off.)

Rented the second one, lost interest about 3/4's of the way through.

While the series is cute, and the whole idea of traveling through disney worlds is awesome, I think they should stop while they're ahead.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #18 on: 13 Jan 2007, 01:52 »

Hunchback of Notre Dame world FTW.
Hate, rain on me

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jan 2007, 09:41 »

after playing and beating 1 and 2...i'm not looking forward to a new one.  it's just too easy, even on hard mode.  after playing through once, i felt done with the whole thing.  That's not a good sign for me.  if i don't want to play it twice, it's not worth my money.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

The Unknown

« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2007, 03:09 »

The best parts of KH were the original parts (e.g.: Keyblade (minus the initial chain), Destiny Islands, Order XIII/The Organization), in my opinion. I know this dream is impossible, but I'd love to see a KH that uses only the original stuff. The Disney and Final Fantasy elements really hampered the overall experience in my eyes.

I know this is impossible as KH is, at its core, a Square/Disney collaboration, but a man can dream, can't he?

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2007, 09:02 »

The best parts of KH were the original parts (e.g.: Keyblade (minus the initial chain), Destiny Islands, Order XIII/The Organization), in my opinion. I know this dream is impossible, but I'd love to see a KH that uses only the original stuff. The Disney and Final Fantasy elements really hampered the overall experience in my eyes.

I know this is impossible as KH is, at its core, a Square/Disney collaboration, but a man can dream, can't he?

I'd have to agree...it would have been better without 75% of it's copyrighted stuff (I'm being conservative, it was probably more than that.)  The only thing is, as of late SE has been a little lacking in the originality department.  Not in a bad way, but if that's the way KH would've been done, the first one probably wouldn't have come out until 2004.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Nutsaur

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2007, 04:58 »

Fareheit was awesome but I didn't like two things about it. 1: I saw through the characters who were supposedly helping me straight away and I got the 'good' ending without taking any wrong turns. I like games that fool you and you end up getting a bad ending because the characters tricked you or something but I saw through the villians. 2: During all the action sequences I was concentrating on mashing the buttons at the correct times so I couldn't watch any of the action and so I made my friend play it so I could watch the movie while he mashed. It's great to finish the game then get someone else to play through it and see how differently they play it especially parts like the composite sketch of the murderer. 

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #23 on: 20 Jan 2007, 05:08 »

KINGDOM HEARTS IS PERFECT.

Also, I just red about Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, which seems very kick ass.

For one, you actually get to FIGHT Roxas.

Two, and most awesomely, it will supposedly come with a 3D version of Chain Of Memories.
Hate, rain on me

Guardian 452

« Reply #24 on: 20 Jan 2007, 11:46 »

A fourth game would be so awesome.  And there's only one new world I truly want.  Darkwing Duck.  It would kick gigantic amounts of ass.

BillAdama

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jan 2007, 01:17 »

What I really want to see in Kingdom Hearts III is a manual control option.

In Kingdom Hearts II I often felt like I was watching the game rather than playing it.  I wasn't trying to figure out the best way to attack the enemy or any kind of strategy, I was just sort of hitting X over and over again.  Except when it told me to press triangle, when I just pressed that over and over.

Kingdom Hearts would be an amazingly fun series if they just gave you more direct control over the character.

Cartilage Head

• Do Me Baby
« Reply #26 on: 22 Jan 2007, 03:07 »

Well an important thing is what abilities you have set, and the Reaction Command system takes pretty good timing.
Hate, rain on me

Argument Guy

« Reply #27 on: 25 Jan 2007, 04:57 »

I'm actually really looking forward to the new Kingdom Hearts game, especially the Nightmare Before Christmas worlds. It'll be interesting to see what new worlds they do make though, and I think some visits to Final Fantasy worlds would be cool, as long as they have a couple Disney worlds (that's what makes it Kingdom Hearts after all).

Mr u Suk

« Reply #28 on: 26 Jan 2007, 10:57 »

i know that there was a rumor back a while about KH comming to the PSP, but not knowing if a remake or a part of the story a la' Chain Of Memories. but i doubt that will be happening on account that the PSP aint doing so well.

but i must agree Sabin kicks so much ass, i also think Edgar is a total badass. the 2 of them alone could probably take on everything the world has to offer. *FFVI Forever*

RandomGuy

« Reply #29 on: 28 Jan 2007, 12:38 »

Admittedly, i am only on the first game -and working through it fast- but i am thoroughly enjoying it! personally, i think the best compromise would be disney worlds but with the 'destiny island' equivalent to be some final fantasy place that is game worldly known (though im not sure how that would tie in with sora if hes still the main character...). i agree with a more manual control system, something like dynasty warriors 3; if you have played it, you will probably appreciate the freedom of controls and how -occasionally- you find it a challenge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up