THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:47
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU! YOU BETTER NOT BE SOBER  (Read 845139 times)

Patatat

Re: YOU! YOU BETTER NOT BE SOBER
« Reply #1350 on: 13 Aug 2008, 22:33 »

So there were two choices left in my liquor cabinet.

Tequila, or Malibu (My logic follows the whole bitches love ______ theory)

So I made the smart decision. Tequila, chased by Malibu. I think it is an effective choice.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #1351 on: 14 Aug 2008, 03:00 »

Mix them together with orange juice and some ice cubes.
Get off my land

Patatat

« Reply #1352 on: 14 Aug 2008, 06:31 »

That would of been delicious, but I instead proceeded to continue with what I was doing. Then random schnapps started to appear. I kind of just found them, and drank those. Then I passed out and woke up spitting on my bed.

Gotta love Tequila, its kind of like going insane for 3 hours.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #1353 on: 14 Aug 2008, 22:12 »

the intern that was assigned to me just bought me a bottle of luksusowa wodka and we made a night of it. good thing his gf was the designated driver
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1354 on: 14 Aug 2008, 23:46 »

Guys, there's a winery about an hour from where I live. In Wisconsin. My parents went there today and brought some home, Prarie Fume, and told me to taste it, claiming it was excellent. I was skeptical because, come on, wine from grapes grown in Wisconsin? Is this amateur hour?

But I had a glass, and it was goddamn amazing. I mean, not the best wine I've ever had, but definitely the best that was non-French and non-Italian. Fuck California wines. If you want wine from the States, Wisconsin wine is where it's at.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1355 on: 15 Aug 2008, 01:04 »

I missed Beer Thirty.

So I had to go to Gin o'Clock.

Which has lead to Quarter Past Drunk.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #1356 on: 15 Aug 2008, 08:37 »

But I had a glass, and it was goddamn amazing. I mean, not the best wine I've ever had, but definitely the best that was non-French and non-Italian. Fuck California wines. If you want wine from the States, Wisconsin wine is where it's at.

Fuck you.  WenTe wine is much better than all the foreign shit, and better than you cheese wine. See what I did thar?
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1357 on: 16 Aug 2008, 22:59 »

Guys. guys. My friend sthrew a going away party for it. for me. I have had 11 beers and 5 shots of vodka. I think, a little toooo much.

ok.
 - Napoleon

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #1358 on: 16 Aug 2008, 23:01 »

LABATT GENUINE LAGER

SO SMOOTH AND TASTY

hipster jesus

« Reply #1359 on: 16 Aug 2008, 23:25 »

Fuck. Naturday was a bad idea. I had forgotten how awful Natural Light is but ended up drinking a fuckload. Now I have a hangover and want to kill someone.

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1360 on: 17 Aug 2008, 00:42 »

How are you drunk thread I am just fine thank you for asking.

obskewer

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1361 on: 22 Aug 2008, 02:53 »

Klaus Nomi. I'm glad your dialog with this message board is close and congenial. The way you introduce yourself, and subsequently juxtapose yourself as the Other. So close, so companionable. An envy strikes a chord much louder than bridge or heart strings.

ZJGent

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • Night Talk at Harvey's
« Reply #1362 on: 22 Aug 2008, 19:30 »

I am plenty nicely done for becks and that's all. Also some lovely wine, and now more David Lynch movies! hell of night of it!
[02:29] Danosaur: I'd Spektor your Regina.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1363 on: 22 Aug 2008, 23:20 »

Last week with my highschool friends before we scatter across the country. Non-stop parties, aw yeah.

morca007

« Reply #1364 on: 23 Aug 2008, 01:38 »

I came home today to find that my dad bought a sixer of Coors Light.
What.

Well I guess the sooner I drink this the sooner we can go buy real beer.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1365 on: 23 Aug 2008, 07:47 »

Just imagine you're drinking water dude, it's almost the same.

Leinad

« Reply #1366 on: 23 Aug 2008, 18:17 »

Which is definitely the entire point. Alcoholic water.

StreetSpirit

• Obscure cultural reference
  • "Type "cookie", you idiot."
    • Last.FM
« Reply #1367 on: 23 Aug 2008, 19:12 »

An ample amount of W.R. Weller and ice plus a bit of ganja (that isn't as often of an aspect of my life as it used to be) while watching SLC Punk makes for a satisfyingly confused evening. Aye yie yie!!
"Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!"
-The 10th Doctor (doctor who)

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #1368 on: 23 Aug 2008, 19:48 »

It is saturday night. I am stting at home on the internet. I think I'm the kind of person this thread was named after...

hipster jesus

« Reply #1369 on: 25 Aug 2008, 01:12 »

I just drank a fuckload of Bridgeport Black Strap Stout. I'm kinda surprised I can still see straight. That shit's better than Guinness.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #1370 on: 25 Aug 2008, 09:18 »

i just had the most rollercoaster experience weekend ever

friday started drinking around 10 am. friend hooked me and another friend up wiht 20 xanax's, so we got pretty fucked up on that. then for whatever reason my friend decided to get some ecstasy and we each took one. we fell asleep before they kicked in. that was about midnight. he woke me up around 3 and we realized we were still rolling a bit, so we took another half and chilled for a bit before dozing off again. then in the afternoon we went to the beach with some other friends. had a lot of fun.

as we were leaving, i was walking along this cliff when i slipped and fell. it was probably the worst timing ever. it was about a 9 foot drop, i fell right on my heel right as the wave was coming in, so i landed on hard pack sand then got knocked over by this huge wave. i eventually got to the ER, waited about 4 hours without any pain meds before they finally decided to see me. they finally gave me some norco's (stronger vicodin). i hate painkillers but in this case it did help a lot. now i'm waiting to go see another doctor today to see if i need surgery on the heel or not.

so kind of a downer but two of my friends just texted me to say they are getting their legal weed cards. so that's pretty cool.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #1371 on: 25 Aug 2008, 19:45 »

dear booze thread,

when i am at home i end up drinking way more than usual.  i'm not sure if it's just cause my parents actually buy booze, and when i'm on my own i don't bother with it, or cause living here stresses me out. hmmmm. i am drinking wine cause we're out of beer. i think i've had 7 glasses of wine tonight.  i feel slightly tipsy and dancey and cheerful.

love,
anna
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Leinad

« Reply #1372 on: 25 Aug 2008, 20:00 »

Wow that sounds like it totally sucks for you. Not the dancing or whatever, but that fact that he rocks and is hot and gay. Off-limits in the worst way.

Leinad

« Reply #1373 on: 25 Aug 2008, 20:03 »

Where do you live? I would totally hit on him if he really is as hot as you say.

But yeah, having good friends is always a bonus, it means you can always have someone uncomplicated to turn to in difficult times.

Leinad

« Reply #1374 on: 25 Aug 2008, 20:09 »

Rhode Island? So the wrong side of the continent for me.. bleh. That's okay though, I got to go drinking with this pretty bomb chick I met at the hookah lounge last night, and I got my first makeouts for months, finally.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1375 on: 25 Aug 2008, 20:19 »

This bar wouldn't happen to be the one right next to Johnson and Wales in Providence? There was a pretty rockin gay bar near the studio when I was studying at RISD. According to one friend of mine he'd seen the mayor there a couple times.*

*Incidentally, Providence is the first state capitol to have an openly gay mayor. So his patronage of this bar isn't any sort of scandal, as some people have assumed when I mention it.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1376 on: 25 Aug 2008, 20:28 »

Yeah that's it, I forgot the name.

Has RI run out of eligible bachelors?

Y'know, this is actually plausible. My main memories of Providence were the rather unusual demographics due to the combined influence of RISD and a startling number of strip clubs.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2008, 20:30 by jhocking »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #1377 on: 25 Aug 2008, 20:43 »

maybe 15% straight AND available

Your math failed to take into account the evidence of the strip club density that I referred to. Out of this 15%, around half of that are guys you probably wouldn't want to be dating.

Patatat

« Reply #1378 on: 25 Aug 2008, 22:04 »

Alkaline Trio and Schnapps...

It feels so right.

Leinad

« Reply #1379 on: 25 Aug 2008, 22:52 »

That is true. Damn. I'm screwed :(

Except you're not. Which is the problem, I guess.

Patatat

« Reply #1380 on: 25 Aug 2008, 22:55 »

Well, you forgot to add in the 40%.

The 40% of course being the percent of alcohol per volume in liquor.

You just may be screwed yet!

Leinad

« Reply #1381 on: 25 Aug 2008, 22:56 »

Yeah, get someone liquored up enough and they will do quite a lot that they would normally not. Interpret the word "do" as you will.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1382 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:15 »

When did it become a common idea in society that a) you have to be drunk to have any fun; b) people who don't drink are prudes (or boring); c) if someone says they don't want a drink they secretly do so you should insist they have one; and d) getting people shitfaced and taking advantage of them is a good thing!?

I'm not accusing anyone, I just am intrigued. My brother doesn't drink (but he actually is pretty boring), I hardly drink, but whenever we go out there will be people who will incessantly try and get us to drink. And not just drink, but get really absolutely terribly drunk. People don't seem to understand why we would go to pubs and hang out with friends and not get circus drunk, and no matter how many times you explain it they still try and get you a drink. Also things like
Yeah, get someone liquored up enough and they will do quite a lot that they would normally not. Interpret the word "do" as you will.
is actually kind of a degrading way of thinking about that (also, notice how it always seems to be referring to women, rather than men?). Now I know you're probably joking, but I have heard people being absolutely serious saying things like "oh, just get some drinks into her and she'll be eager". My brother has even told his friends that if you get me drunk I'll kiss anyone; now I (and his friends) know he was not being serious, but what if some stranger heard this, thought "oh hey, she must be pretty easy" and in my naivety I think they're just being friendly when there is a more malicious intent going on.

Am I the only one that thinks that the mindset of celebrating getting wasted and doing stupid shit you regret in the morning or not having any memories from the night before is not very healthy for a society?
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Patatat

« Reply #1383 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:17 »

Do you not realize what thread you popped into...

Edit: I decided to give you a bonus response.

The thing to realize here is that when people make statements like that, they are often under the same influence. Booze is a social lubricant, these people full well intend to do the things they do, they booze brings it out of them. Like you kissing everyone, its a good time, and you're having fun. Thats the thing to remember, most people drink to have fun. They usually find it in a way they enjoy.

EXCEPTION: When someone is blacked out drunk, but at that point you are hardly able enough to consent to anything. It is usually rape in that case.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2008, 23:24 by Patatat »

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #1384 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:23 »

No. But when it comes to young people most will come down on the side of bacchanalia. Extroverts always have more influence over their culture than introverts, and in your early years being an extrovert generally means partying. Add to that the youngster's lack of self control / self respect and the fact that social interaction is degrading more often than not and you've got a good recipe for a not particularly pretty culture that values binge drinking.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2008, 23:27 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Leinad

« Reply #1385 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:24 »

I agree with Pat. I think this is the drunk thread... you know... where people post about being drunk? It's not the only way to have fun, but it is a way.

s actually kind of a degrading way of thinking about that (also, notice how it always seems to be referring to women, rather than men?).

I was actually talking from personal experience, as in put enough alcohol in my and I will do quite a lot more than I normally would. And you can convince me to do some pretty wierd stuff, and have sex with just about anyone. Probably because I am already slightly too promiscuous as it is.

And how is that referencing women more than men? We were telling roxie how to get it on with her gay boss... get HIM drunk, not her.

Patatat

« Reply #1386 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:25 »

Ahem, consult my edited post. As at the time, mine was the last post, and I did not want to double post. I pretty much confirmed what Leinad said. Social lubricant, people do EXACTLY what they want to do ,but are soberly too afraid to.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1387 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:29 »

Do you not realize what thread you popped into...

Did you read my post at all? it is on topic (even though I am not drunk); probably more on topic than half the posts on this page. I am interested in why you celebrate getting really drunk and going "oh man, I was so stupid last night! My head really hurts and I threw up everywhere! It was great!". It doesn't make sense. When did you start thinking that you had to go out and get really drunk? Why can't you just go out, have a few drinks so you lose some of your inhibitions and stop? What made you think you had to go over your limits to have a good time?

I have been thinking about this for a while after discussing it in class and observing my housemates' behaviour when I don't drink or they do. I would like some other perspectives on it, as mine is probably not the general perspective of the people who post in here.

BEFORE YOU REPLY, I AM EDITING THIS. DON'T RIP MY HEAD OFF FOR NOT ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS JUST YET
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2008, 23:30 by Eris »
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Patatat

« Reply #1388 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:32 »

You already said exactly why we get smashed, and just can't have a couple. When you lose your inhibitions. Its fun though, I have fun doing it. I have fun riding a roller coaster sober, I have fun riding a bike, I have fun playing guitar, I have fun watching movies, I have fun drawing, I have fun writing, I have fun playing video games, and I have fun being drunk. Its just one of the many things people do to have fun. Liquor also makes the things that are regularly fun a whole new type of fun.

Also, what you quoted was a joke. Obviously, you may need a few drinks to lighten up, and roll your head back and laugh it off with a shake of your head.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #1389 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:52 »

Telling someone who doesn't drink to get a few drinks in them? Do you offer vegans cheeseburgers as well? I'm just trying to get a feel of how much you're not thinking your posts through here.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Patatat

« Reply #1390 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:54 »

Uh, I never told her to get drunk? I never even hinted that she needs to drink. I simply answered the question she asked me.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1391 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:55 »

Also, what you quoted was a joke. Obviously, you may need a few drinks to lighten up, and roll your head back and laugh it off with a shake of your head.

Also, NB: It is usually poor form to fuck a person when they are drunk.

Also also, why is losing your inhibitions seen as such a good thing?  Ok yes, sometimes it is good to get drunk and forget about your troubles for a while.  However, sometimes inhibitions are there for a god-damned reason.  Society is practically built on the back of people doing things that they don't necessarily agree with and also shutting their mouths when it is impolite to say what is on their mind.  It's called manners, propriety, or maybe even doing what is in your best interests even though you don't like it right now.

I get the shits very badly sometimes when people write off hurtful things they have done with "oh, but I was drunk, lol" or somesuch.  Even when I am god-damned circus-drunk, throwing up in the gutter at 4am stumbling home and wondering how the christ I am going to get to sleep when the world is spinning like a centrifuge I can mostly still tell the difference between being nice and being a cunt, so "Oh man, sorry I did (xyz) I was so wasted" doesn't really cut it for me.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2008, 23:57 by est »

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #1392 on: 25 Aug 2008, 23:57 »

I agree with Pat. I think this is the drunk thread... you know... where people post about being drunk? It's not the only way to have fun, but it is a way.

So I am not allowed to have a discussion about why people drink to excess? Just because I am not wasted means I can't post in here? Are you drunk right now? Have all your posts been when you were drunk?

And how is that referencing women more than men? We were telling roxie how to get it on with her gay boss... get HIM drunk, not her.

I meant in general terms, not specifics. Guys are more likely to get girls plastered to have a better chance with them than the other way round. And how will getting her gay boss drunk improve her chances? He won't miraculously become attracted to her once he gets drunk. I am just saying that it has become almost accepted that people comment that if you can't get sex with someone from your looks or personality, getting them drunk is the next thing. I make the same jokes, and I am probably the kind of person these kind of guys will target.

Like you kissing everyone, its a good time, and you're having fun. Thats the thing to remember, most people drink to have fun. They usually find it in a way they enjoy.

But I am not that kind of person. I am not going to kiss the first guy I see because I have had some drinks, but my brother is encouraging the stereotype that if you get someone drunk (especially snooty girls who won't give you the time of day) then they will be more eager to 'do' you. I drink to have fun. That means having a few drinks, knowing my limits and stopping before I do something stupid like throwing up everywhere. Drinking to have fun doesn't mean you have to get blackout drunk. I have no problem with people drinking, and can get circus drunk as much as they want. I just want to know their reasoning.

Don't get all defensive and make me out to be the bad guy here just because I am asking questions of people. Inciting discussion is the point of discussion forums. If you read my original post I said I knew what Leinad said was a joke, but have experienced people who have said that in all seriousness. I live in a society that celebrates drunkeness and am seen as a loser because I don't drink very often; I can't ask them why they love to get drunk, because it is so ingrained in the society and the community that they can't explain it. I asked because I wanted to get other people's thoughts on it and maybe get you guys thinking.
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Patatat

« Reply #1393 on: 26 Aug 2008, 00:00 »

I also said that people intend to do exactly what they are going to do when they are drunk. Basically, saying that saying you were drunk is not an excuse. I also never said that getting someone drunk with the intent of fucking them is okay. If you both get drunk, and it happens, it happens. Giving girls shot after shot, to make her easy is completely wrong, and is rape.

Also, Eris I am not attacking you at all. Don't get the wrong impression here. I was just simply stating my point as best as I can manage right now. I do agree with you, that going out with the intent to completely black out is for high schoolers. I really only know a few people who do that, and no one likes them. I mostly just get drunk enough to be intoxicated, but still in control of mostly everything.

Edit: Ah, Eris I understand what you are saying. I already said I think that is wrong to get girls drunk so they are "down to fuck". So I see how it upsets you that your brother is encouraging that.

Edit: In my drunkenness I just realized I did in fact tell her to have a few drinks. I am sorry, it was a figure of speech and was a bit of poking fun. I wasn't really trying to imply that she should really be drinking. Eh, fuck it. Take it as you will, I know how I meant it.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2008, 00:05 by Patatat »

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #1394 on: 26 Aug 2008, 00:12 »

Man, I think it'd be best for everyone if you got to bed and sobered up.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #1395 on: 26 Aug 2008, 00:53 »

My experience has been that people who are allowed to drink wine, champagne and such under the supervision of their parents from the time they were relatively young (tween/early teen) tend to be the most responsible when it comes to drinking at parties/in high school/ in college/with friends/etc. While they probably haven't had a lot of experience with hard liquor, the fact that alcohol is a normal thing to be drank in moderate amounts to them takes away a lot of the allure of downing more than a 12 pack of beer.

That being said, it can be fun to be absolutely smashed every once in awhile, if it's on an occasion that calls for it.
 - Napoleon

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #1396 on: 26 Aug 2008, 04:19 »

i don't really drink anymore because i find it pretty stupid, but i also do things like smoke cigarettes and knit and enjoy stanley kubrick films which other people probably find equally stupid so mostly i've come to terms with the fact that people have different things that are fun to them. if someone's had something really shitty happen to them and wants to drink it off, i'm certainly not going to stop them just as i wouldn't want anyone berating me every time i go through an entire pack of cigarettes when i'm stressed out. of course everybody likes things like manners and personal responsibility but there isn't much you can do to enforce those things.

and anyone can be taken advantage of when drunk, not just women. sometimes people drink to intentionally loosen up and have fun, other times they're irresponsible and unsure of what they're getting themselves into. there isn't any black and white way of telling those situations apart. just don't be an idiot when you're drinking. assess the situation carefully and if you're both having fun, then have fun. if you think you might be taking advantage of someone, you probably are. so don't.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2008, 04:23 by ephemere »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #1397 on: 26 Aug 2008, 10:48 »

Basically I agree with just about all that Patatat said.
Eris, I think you're exaggerating the stereotypes of drinking. Yes, these people do exist, but they are not the majority. If we judged every part of society solely by the idiots that take it too the extreme then I'm sure we could make even knitting look like some awful sin. If we stopped our lives to argue with every idiot no one would get much done, just ignore them, do what you wish and worry not about what others think. Do things the Gandhi way: "Be the change you wish to see in the world." I think Patatat described alcohol best as a social lubricant, and while I agree that being drunk is never an excuse I don't think you should ever read into all the foolish things that people say and do while drunk.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #1398 on: 26 Aug 2008, 12:11 »

You would be surprised how many people are one of those idiots who drinks too much, and also how much of a difference it makes being on the outside or on the inside. I mean, people who I would find tolerable if I was drinking with them annoy the head off me when drunk and seem like ridiculous idiots. And I occasionally get far too drunk and annoying, even when I plan to go out for a few quiet drinks. I don't usually like getting completely trashed, though.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work
« Reply #1399 on: 26 Aug 2008, 13:06 »

Mostly the issue here is that this discussion has no place ITT. If you wanted to have a discussion about alchohol use and abuse you should have made a new one. Coming in to a place dedicated to celebrating drunkeness and telling people to be serious almost reeks of trolling. Look at the thread title, for christs sake.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78   Go Up