THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Jul 2024, 17:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: N64 ROM Help  (Read 2233 times)

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
N64 ROM Help
« on: 05 Feb 2007, 19:40 »

The first thing I should probably mention is that I have a G3 PowerPC Mac. I'm using the N64 emulator sixtyforce, and am trying to run Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time since I don't feel like creating the rom myself with my cartridge. I downloaded it and it seemed to work. Huzzah I said! But wait, why has the screen gone permanently black after I created a file and started it from the save screen after the title screen? I don't know! This is where you, my friends (notice how I said friends) come in. Please come in and help me. I ache to use my recently acquired rom.
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
Re: N64 ROM Help
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2007, 21:25 »

sixtyforce is a bit buggy with LoZ. You might try other variants of the rom, and/or older versions of sixtyforce. I seem to recall 0.7.5 worked ok aside from a slight control glitch.

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
« Reply #2 on: 06 Feb 2007, 18:18 »

Cool, are there any other emulators you might recommend for a mac that might run LoZ better besides Mupen64?
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

The Cosmic Fool

« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2007, 23:39 »

Project 64 is a fantastic emulator that works pretty much flawlessly with most games. You also have the option to use plugins for sound, video and controller settings if you're not happy with the default plugins that come when installed.

Nevermind. I shouldn't be making posts 2am in the morning. Didn't realize you were on a Mac. :/
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2007, 12:04 by The Cosmic Fool »

rasufelle

« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2007, 18:37 »

Mac or no, I've decided I hate Project 64.  I tried, like, three different Zelda: OOT ROMs from different sites, and they all had so many missing graphics I couldn't play the game.  Then again, they've probably updated it in the last eight months since I deleted my 64 collection in a tantrum.

Pages: [1]   Go Up