THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 07:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: sterotype yourself  (Read 34321 times)

timehat

Re: sterotype yourself
« Reply #100 on: 28 Feb 2007, 14:48 »

A music major who thinks the other music majors at his school don't even have decent taste in music and are barely trying...so I think "extra-pretentious asshole" fits the bill, probably.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #101 on: 01 Mar 2007, 00:29 »

Nerdy Indie Pop Wannabe.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #102 on: 01 Mar 2007, 11:01 »

ALTERNATIVE.  just about all the music i listen to can be summed up as alternative.  and i don't really fit a single stereotype.

monkeyangst

• Not quite a lurker
    • Monkey Law
« Reply #103 on: 01 Mar 2007, 13:22 »

Aging 90s college-rock fossil.

Monkey Law - A webcomic for the highly evolved.

blaha 41

• Larger than most fish
    • I write about things like Steak & Wine Pairings
« Reply #104 on: 01 Mar 2007, 17:24 »

indie kid in blue jeans. i.e,. i listen to and dress like i'll listen to anything with guitars.

i also always wear blue jeans. the same three pairs over and over again.
Read a book I wrote a book about steak and wine pairings: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005F79NQK

grrraham

« Reply #105 on: 01 Mar 2007, 17:42 »

frat boy date rapist

SensoryOssuary

« Reply #106 on: 02 Mar 2007, 19:39 »

freak

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #107 on: 02 Mar 2007, 19:56 »

frat boy date rapist

Haha, bro rape.

"This backpack is full of black dildos."

The Overachiever Bandit

« Reply #108 on: 03 Mar 2007, 11:07 »

Glamorous Prepster Quazi-Indie Electronic Mind Fuck.

kid_militia

« Reply #109 on: 03 Mar 2007, 22:56 »

I'm a fire-and-brimstone dragonslayer warlock from the dark haunted woods of the olden domain.

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #110 on: 03 Mar 2007, 23:03 »

I'm a fire-and-brimstone dragonslayer warlock from the dark haunted woods of the olden domain.

And you're having my children.

matt fatt

« Reply #111 on: 09 Mar 2007, 03:00 »

im a punk i spose

Spinless

« Reply #112 on: 09 Mar 2007, 05:02 »

You're about as punk as the bands you've confessed to liking. Sorry, that's not very 'punk' at all.
I'd say you're a teenager. Probably...15?
Teenagers can only fit into one single stereotype. That's 'teenager'.

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #113 on: 09 Mar 2007, 12:14 »

I resent that.

Shortoier134

« Reply #114 on: 09 Mar 2007, 13:26 »

ionno what i'd stereotype myself as. my friends who are all metalheads say that i'm a rocker not a metalhead so whatever.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #115 on: 09 Mar 2007, 19:48 »

You're about as punk as the bands you've confessed to liking. Sorry, that's not very 'punk' at all.
I'd say you're a teenager. Probably...15?

I guess that'd make your stereotype... jerk?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?
« Reply #116 on: 10 Mar 2007, 01:55 »

That is kind of a silly way to look at it.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #117 on: 10 Mar 2007, 08:32 »

I guess that'd make your stereotype... jerk?

burrnnnnnn
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

CrashAndBurn

« Reply #118 on: 11 Mar 2007, 12:15 »

Judging by the fact that my favourite band is My Chemical Romance, I'd guess you would call me an emo. Yes, I wear black and write in a book I guess I could call a diary. So shoot me.

Actually, to be honest, I listen to such a variety of music I guess I'd be hard to label. Though it is mostly rock. Does that make me a...rocker, perhaps?

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #119 on: 11 Mar 2007, 17:04 »

I fell in love with Hot Fuss, so I'm going to say poseur.

Maybe a teenage girl.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Spinless

« Reply #120 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:26 »

I haven't hit puberty yet, so I'm gonna go with 'hypocrite'.
Also, if you listen to my chemical romance then you must be the walking dead. Or at least, that's what I've come to understand...

See, when you die, the first stage of decomposition is a loss of colour in your cheeks, right? Then your eyes become sunken and black, you get all bloated around your stomach and your arms and legs become almost stick like, you start to smell real bad and people don't want to hang around with you anymore? Your nails change colour and then your hair turns black and covers up your eyes, you hate your parents and cover your black hoody and geek culture referencing messenger bag with pins that have silly slogans all over them. 

That's about when your dead body gets up and starts to walk past me and my boys on the street prompting them to say 'Fucking zombies'.
Zombies ain't as bad as I thought they'd be, they're not half as persistent as they are in the movies and they don't even eat meat. Our brains, they are safe, no?

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #121 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:44 »

O RLY

I'm going to go with "Fuckin' Hack."

Or teenager.

CrashAndBurn

« Reply #122 on: 17 Mar 2007, 09:32 »

Also, if you listen to my chemical romance then you must be the walking dead. Or at least, that's what I've come to understand...

See, when you die, the first stage of decomposition is a loss of colour in your cheeks, right? Then your eyes become sunken and black, you get all bloated around your stomach and your arms and legs become almost stick like, you start to smell real bad and people don't want to hang around with you anymore? Your nails change colour and then your hair turns black and covers up your eyes, you hate your parents and cover your black hoody and geek culture referencing messenger bag with pins that have silly slogans all over them. 

That's about when your dead body gets up and starts to walk past me and my boys on the street prompting them to say 'Fucking zombies'.
Zombies ain't as bad as I thought they'd be, they're not half as persistent as they are in the movies and they don't even eat meat. Our brains, they are safe, no?

My cheeks are quite rosy, you'll be pleased to know, and my hair is blonde (and altough I hate it, I do not wish to dye it black) and does not cover my eyes. I do not smell, and although they are not many, some people enjoy my presence. My nails are the same colour as yours, probably, unless you do fit the stereotype of 'hypocrite'. I do not hate my parents at all but rather love them as much as any daughter should, i.e. enough to give them Mother's/Father's Day presents every year, this Sunday being no exception.

I do not prompt you, your boys, or any other person to say 'fucking zombies' on the street.
I am not the walking dead.
I am not the stereotype you believe me to be.

I'm sorry if you (or anyone, for that matter) are unable to judge people on something other than the music they listen to. If your motivation was to hurt me, impress others, impress me, change me, show me the idiocy/ridicule you believe me to have, or even to express the hatred or anger you hold towards me, congratulations, you have failed spectactularly.

Spinless

« Reply #123 on: 17 Mar 2007, 10:28 »

My intention was to post a funny and mindless observation on the internet that absolutely nobody in the world should take seriously. Calm down darling.
One thing that you can't deny is that it will always be fun to tease kids because they listen to My Chemical Romance. It's the way things are.
It's something that won't change.
The other day I made fun of my friend because I showed up at his house and he was listenning to Genesis. I laughed at him and then I acted afraid of him. Then I started to cry a little.
Friends don't let friends listen to Genesis.
While I'm here...

Black people only make music for people who hang around on stoops and carry handguns. All black people steal TVs and advocate violence.
Gay people only make horrible and dated sounding pop music that makes men like other men.
A woman doesn't have a soul and she should stay in the kitchen.
If your hair is longer than 3 inches and you're male, you're a goddamn faggot homosexual and you should burn in hell.
Indie kids only listen to obscure music because they're completely devoid of anything remsembling a personality and they need to use it to make themselves seem more interesting.
If you wear a trench coat, I'll shoot you before you shoot me. Similarly, if you wear mostly black clothing, you're probably gay as well as a satan worshipper.
People who claim to be artist are complete fags and they act all 'holier than thou' because they find it impossible to be geniunely cool. Unlike me, I like football.
People who are into sports are brainless shells of people that don't have a personality, this means that if you like football, you are stupid.
Blondes r dum.
Ginger hair is a disease.
You white bastards all gonna die.
You black bastards all gonna die.
You brown, yellow and blue striped bastards are all gonna die.

I lost track of what this post was about a while back.
Actually, I lost track of this thread round about my first post in it.
It seems that people take everything too seriously, and it's kinda fun watching people make a fuss about something so obviously not meant to be taken seriously.
The only time you should take an offensive comment seriously is when it's 'typd lyk dis'.
This is because we all know for a fact that aol speak is for dummies who don't know what humour is.

I look forward to next week so I can hang out with my intelligent friends who listen to genesis, my gay friends who like music that is probably better than the music I listen to, and even my fair headed friends who like My Chemical Romance. Even though they 'typ lyk dys'.

Did I say that this is the SILLIEST active thread that I have in my memory? I'm including the countless 'DONG' threads we had a while back too.

I refuse to label myself as anything other than 'me' and you should all be doing the same. Reject stereotypes. I won't label you. Even if you seem to genuinely determined to label yourself.

CrashAndBurn

« Reply #124 on: 17 Mar 2007, 11:48 »

I am extremely glad your post was not supposed to be taken seriously. I, unfortunetly, tend to flare up when anything potentially offensive is said and I am sorry for doing so. It is true that making fun of My Chemical Romance fans hasn't change and I am afraid never will change and though it irritates me somewhat, I see your reasoning.

Your list was entirely correct and highly amusing. And although you might have lost track of what your post was about, you are spot on. I agree with the fact that stereotyping is degrading and rather idiotic. Notice, or rather, remember, that in my first post on this thread, and, consequently, this board, I said 'I'd guess you would call me a...' instead of the usual 'I would call myself a / I am a...'.
I only posted because it was the first thread I came across and although it was foolish, it happened. And maybe, just maybe, I was looking for trouble. I do admit that sometimes I enjoy arguing, though it is terrible to confess so.
Also, partly, I wanted to see your reactions.

And Spinless, I would be honoured to be called your friend, now, even if that was not what you meant. And yes, only now, after realising the light-heartedness of your post.
I hope you are willing to forget anything I might have implied that is / could be negative.

Spinless

« Reply #125 on: 17 Mar 2007, 11:50 »

*big hugz*

We're all friends here.

CrashAndBurn

« Reply #126 on: 17 Mar 2007, 11:59 »

And aren't I glad.

I am quite new to the concept of inserting imaginary actions into asterisks, but here goes nothing:

*hugs back*.

imapiratearg

« Reply #127 on: 17 Mar 2007, 13:35 »

/joy

You guys are totally freaking right.  ^.^

TTK

« Reply #128 on: 17 Mar 2007, 22:21 »

Indie/IDM kid

Scytale

« Reply #129 on: 17 Mar 2007, 23:13 »

See, when you die, the first stage of decomposition is a loss of colour in your cheeks, right? Then your eyes become sunken and black, you get all bloated around your stomach and your arms and legs become almost stick like, you start to smell real bad and people don't want to hang around with you anymore?

No see your doing it wrong if you want to be like Dead you need to bury your clothes underground till they start to decompose, then put them back on, you need to carry around a dead raven in a bag, so you can breathe in and inhale the scent of death, you need to cut yourself up with broken bottles and lastly you need to write an amusingly witty suicide note. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_%28musician%29

Then after your dead a whole lot of randoms on the net will really repesct you and all your old bootlegged albums will sell for mega bucks....

zacha

• Emoticontraindication
  • Cloudy Wolf
    • Life, Love & Why
« Reply #130 on: 18 Mar 2007, 05:12 »

Nerdy Indie Pop Wannabe.
Oh, almost what I thought to write...
I was more on "Indie Rock Wannabe" though... although the nerd part would fit me pretty well too... well, yeah. So I'm probably a
"Nerdy Indie Rock Wannabe"
"Everything I have written may be wrong."

My life, My love, My why

imapiratearg

« Reply #131 on: 18 Mar 2007, 07:47 »

See, when you die, the first stage of decomposition is a loss of colour in your cheeks, right? Then your eyes become sunken and black, you get all bloated around your stomach and your arms and legs become almost stick like, you start to smell real bad and people don't want to hang around with you anymore?

No see your doing it wrong if you want to be like Dead you need to bury your clothes underground till they start to decompose, then put them back on, you need to carry around a dead raven in a bag, so you can breathe in and inhale the scent of death, you need to cut yourself up with broken bottles and lastly you need to write an amusingly witty suicide note. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_%28musician%29

Then after your dead a whole lot of randoms on the net will really repesct you and all your old bootlegged albums will sell for mega bucks....

That had to be one of the more disturbing things i've read on the internet.

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #132 on: 18 Mar 2007, 09:10 »

I love this more every time I read it

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #133 on: 18 Mar 2007, 11:38 »

That had to be one of the more disturbing things i've read on the internet.

LURK MOAR.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #134 on: 19 Mar 2007, 15:52 »

I look Rockabilly, listen to Death Metal and play southern Rawk..

I make no sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up