THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 02:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grab the mic and bust a move!  (Read 2107 times)

Johnny Evilguy

Grab the mic and bust a move!
« on: 23 Apr 2007, 22:43 »

Anyone here Karaoke? Karaoke bars are everywhere in Vegas, and the St. Patrick's day celebration had lots of drunken people making bad renditions after downing 21 kamikaze shots in one sitting... I admit to making myself look like an idiot, but I swear to god there was something foreign in that hookah setup.

The selection of songs are WIDE... I would not be surprised if they had bands like Decemberists or Arcade Fire in rotation; I always thought Kara-O-K was mostly a throwback 80s thing. I'll check it out the next time at the grad parties.

Regardless, the top songs I would sing regardless of alcohol level:

Motley Crue: Home Sweet Home
Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
AC/DC: Girl's Got Rhythm
Van Halen: I can't drive 55
Guns N Roses: Welcome to the Jungle
Journey: Don't Stop Believing
REM: end of the world

Songs we will never try to sing again unless we were REALLY drunk and have a private booth:

Whitney Houston: The bodyguard theme
Any song by Chicago
The police: Roxanne
Led Zeppelin: Stairway to Heaven
Fall out boy: This aint a scene...
Nena: 99 balloons (the german version)
Patrick Swayze: She's like the wind

Anyone else willing to admit doing this what seems to be a public crime (unless you can sing of course)

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: Grab the mic and bust a move!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2007, 23:38 »

The karaoke standard for me is "Mack The Knife." If you nail the last "back in to-oooooown" you will feel the crowd's appreciation.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2007, 07:39 »

My friend and I used to go to his aunt's bar on karaoke night...we did a damn fine rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" as a routine. I've also done "Change (In The House Of Flies)" by the Deftones, which seemed to have confused the hell out of the drunk folks. I rather enjoy singing, and I've got no problems performing in front of people, so karaoke doesn't bother me in the least.
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

M4

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2007, 11:51 »

I'm a one-trick-pony. I perform "The Asshole Song" by Denis Leary. It's a crowd favorite, especially with the drunks, and if you can nail the rant at the end, it'll seem like the applause never ends.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2007, 11:54 »

Bohemian Rhapsody is my favorite karaoke song ever. It's most entertaining with a large group of people, but flying solo is also a good time.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up