Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Primer  (Read 3226 times)

cibohphobic

Primer
« on: 25 Jan 2006, 09:02 »

HOLY MINDFUCK BATMAN

Anybody else seen this movie? I hadn't heard of it; apparently it won a handful of Sundance awards, however. In any case, I watched it last night and it's rather interesting.

I'm planning on watching it again over the next few days, in hopes of figuring it out a little bit better. To be honest it confused me pretty good. Still, I enjoyed the crap out of it. So, has anyone else seen (and perhaps understood) this? Any insights as to what in the hell actually happened in the last twenty minutes or so?

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
  • Now We All Have Metal Skin
    • Harold Bloom
Primer
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2006, 01:51 »

you're gonna wanna look at this for about two hours:

primer timeline

huge, clunky and inconvenient to read, but it certainly helps.

also, watching primer more than three times in 24 hours will cause unpleasant side-effects. such as writing your own time travel movie.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Primer
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2006, 06:56 »

What is this about? Sounds fancy.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
Primer
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2006, 15:47 »

Primer
Two software engineers discover a way to travel back in time.

It's pretty impenetrable at first, what with multiple versions of several characters and others who have gone into the time machine several times over in the alternate timelines... but with mutliple viewings you begin to get a better sense of what's going on. it's fairly short and definitely lends itself to being watched again and again. the link i posted earlier will be your best friend if you choose to watch it.
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Re: Primer
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2007, 23:28 »

I didn't really want to revive this, but I don't want to make a new thread and have someone go "HURR THAR WAS ALREADY A THREAD"

I just watched this for the first time. There has to be many more watchings because I do not fucking understand anything in the entire universe anymore.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

tomselleck69

• FIGHT YOU
    • Harold Bloom
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2007, 12:39 »

a year and a half later, this film has since gone the way of donnie darko and fight club and is now the subject of much ridicule between myself and friends.

"Look, it's similar to quantum entanglement. I don't think you'd understand. I've got some literature you should read, and there's a movie you should watch."
"Cocks." - Harold Bloom

Rubes

« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2007, 12:50 »

That's a great movie! You watch it again and again and more detail just slot into place. I remember the wonderful feeling I had when I finally realised what it was in the attic. Haha! (not lol)

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2007, 02:23 »

I had first seen this when it had first dropped on dvd, but the fight club or donnie darko comparison doesn't really feel warranted to me. the movie was so under the radar i don't know many people who have seen it that would run around worshiping quantom physics after seeing it. I hold it in much higher regard because of the fantastic job shane carruth did with the minimal budget of 2000$ production and only 5000$ more to convert to 35mm. but i suppose most people here are already aware of the ins and outs of all his hard work so there's no point in me rambling. still a great movie in my books.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up