THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 20:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Faye and Sven  (Read 163970 times)

MC

• Furry furrier
Faye and Sven
« on: 26 Aug 2007, 23:46 »

I have a theory their gonna get together in the future.

sign number 1: Faye did the whole "lean on a person when drunk" thing which she has only ever done to Marten.

sign number 2: She is definitely starting to warm up to Sven, before she couldn't stand being in the same room, now she is calling him "not such a bad guy". For Faye to call a dude "not such a bad guy" is pretty much the same as saying "I like him but am to scared to admit it".

Muirghiel

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Faye and Sven
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2007, 00:43 »

You're kidding, right?

Quote from: Jeph
Before you go all "OMG FAYE AND SVEN GONNA MAKE TEH KISSES!~1!" on the message board, bear in mind how well everyone's "OMG FAYE AND MARTEN GONNA MAKE TEH KISSES!11!!" predictions have turned out so far.
Right or wrong [...] It's just something we do, like staring at Muirghiel's bouncing tits

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2007, 03:13 »

well it would defently be the last thing you'd expect. When Marten shacked up with Dora it certainly was the last thing one would've expected. I dunno  :-P I'm just brainstorming here.

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2007, 11:31 »

I can see that happening too.  It would sorta make sense in light of the "he's not such a bad guy" thing and it'd totally be something interesting to see, how marten and dora react to it, especially dora.

Zeddy

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2007, 11:35 »

If it happens, it'll be because she wants to make Dora jealous. But to be honest, I reckon she really does just think of him as a 'nice guy'.

Either way, Jeph'll read this and go 'Haha...I was gonna hook them up, but I won't do it now just to piss 'em off.' :D

koernel

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2007, 12:08 »

Sven could pick up Faye's pieces, after Dora found out, that they were making out ;)

I don't think, they'r gonna get together, because she still has feelings for Marten.

Zeddy

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2007, 12:35 »

Yeah, but supposedly Marten's with Dora now, and that's that. Maybe her therapist (can't remember her name =/ ) will tell her to get over Marten and date someone else, then she'll come onto Sven (or maybe Angus! She said so herself that he was cute) and Sven will turn her down because of Dora being her sister and Faye's friend and she'll run off to Angus.

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2007, 13:09 »

... and she'll run off to Angus.

Uh that'd suck.  I'd rather see her do steve, angus is a little pretentious in my opinion.  What about marten if that happened? Would he get all full of doubts and stuff?  Dora would be thrilled i'm sure.

Zeddy

« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2007, 13:11 »

Why should marten get doubts? Supposedly he's over Faye and is happy with Dora. He certainly seems happy enough anyway.

koernel

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2007, 13:23 »

...she'll run off to Angus.

Ugh, that guy is quite funny, but it would suck to see him as Faye's boyfriend

Playing With Matches

« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2007, 14:12 »

... and then Raven murders Faye in her sleep.  :lol:

Zeddy

« Reply #11 on: 27 Aug 2007, 15:11 »

Ooh yeah, forgot about Raven... hmn... Let's say that... Faye hooks up with Sven and then hooks Raven up with Sven's long lost twin.

koernel

« Reply #12 on: 27 Aug 2007, 15:54 »

Or they start a hot threesome

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #13 on: 27 Aug 2007, 16:33 »

I agree if they got together it would make one heck of a story line that would last a good 100 strips at least [maybe it's his plan for strip 1000? Oh ho...]

I think Angus is there mostly for comic relief. I don't see Faye hooking up with him at all.... besides it would REALLY suck it they did hook up. Angus freaks me out... he reminds me a little to much of that kid in high school who pretty much begged for a beating.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #14 on: 27 Aug 2007, 17:24 »

Faye and Angus because if not Angus will serve no purpose.
Hate, rain on me

Playing With Matches

« Reply #15 on: 27 Aug 2007, 19:06 »

or maybe his purpose is to beat up Sven after seeing the two together. What if Angus and Raven got together?

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #16 on: 27 Aug 2007, 20:18 »

What if Angus and Raven got together?

LOL!!!! The world would end! That is by far the worst match up I think I could possibly imagine!

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #17 on: 28 Aug 2007, 01:40 »

Hmm, I dont think Faye will end up with Steve or Angus in the end.

And yes, that means Angus serves no purpose. Well ... except being comic relief.
Carpe Diem

Zeddy

« Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2007, 04:16 »

He serves for target practice for hot coffee-hurling baristas?

--hrd_cre_sk8r--

« Reply #19 on: 31 Aug 2007, 16:56 »

Yea, i dont think thats gunna happen..

Playing With Matches

« Reply #20 on: 03 Sep 2007, 15:41 »

Is it hot coffee being thrown by baristas, or hot baristas throwing coffee?  :lol:

The Prefect

« Reply #21 on: 05 Sep 2007, 14:17 »

Steve, Angus, and Sven are all obvious choices for Faye, which means that Jeph won't do it. I'm waiting for a hot lesbian incest Faye-Amanda relationship that ends in crushing despair.

Playing With Matches

« Reply #22 on: 05 Sep 2007, 18:13 »

Curse you, Jeph! Why must you deviate from the expected?!!

Jeff7

• Furry furrier
« Reply #23 on: 05 Sep 2007, 19:09 »

Steve, Angus, and Sven are all obvious choices for Faye, which means that Jeph won't do it. I'm waiting for a hot lesbian incest Faye-Amanda relationship that ends in crushing despair.
No, no. Sara will return after years mulling over a decision long past, all the while training an allosaurus to obey her every command, so as to exact revenge upon Faye and Dora for conspiring to steal her man away from her. But it squishes Marten in the process. Hannelore cleans up the mess and sanitizes everything before the police arrive. Pintsize got it all on video, and immediately uploads it to Youtube, complete with slow motion segments and hilarious commentary. Raven takes over the coffee shop. Penelope, forever haunted by the taunts of the past, seeks out and kills Pizza Girl, fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
Sara is of course distraught by the demise of Marten, but Sven stops by. Always the gentleman, he finds a way to make her feel better about her loss.
The allosaurus runs off into the distance, pursued by an overgrown Tequilla Monster.

And the band played on....

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #24 on: 05 Sep 2007, 21:09 »

Pretty sure I'd pay top dollar to watch that masterpiece on the big screen!

CoconutMikeNIke

« Reply #25 on: 05 Sep 2007, 22:24 »

The way Jeph is going with Faye and Sven is kinda similar to Her and Marty.  What makes this really difficult to determine is trying to figure out if Jeph will reuse old ideas, or will throw a curveball.  Angus is the monkey wrench in the machine here, since a lot of the time, I forget about him, unless he's having coffee thrown at him.  I don't personally believe that Faye's going to get with anyone for a while.  Maybe, one possible outcome, Sven's going to make a more direct move, freak Faye out, and she jumps town for a series of strips, where Dora beats the hell outta Sven, and it's a question of whether Faye's coming back.  Or she just jumps Angus one day.  I don't know...

And then quantum physics comes into play, by discussing this, none of theses possible outcomes will happen.  Tricky tricky world.

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #26 on: 07 Sep 2007, 14:06 »

You know what?

I would kinda like to see Faye hook up with Steve, simply because I miss seeing Steve in the comic.  If he started dating Faye, he would have a much more prominent role, just like he used to.

Then again, both Steve and Faye seem to have the tendency to drink heavily, so they might not be good for each other.
Friend of Earth, enemy of Santa.

The Prefect

« Reply #27 on: 07 Sep 2007, 14:27 »

Or is it the complete opposite?

Madartistgirl

« Reply #28 on: 08 Sep 2007, 09:02 »

or maybe his purpose is to beat up Sven after seeing the two together. What if Angus and Raven got together?

I was actually thinking about that. Worst match in history, but it would be kind of funny. I don't really think that Angus is right for Faye because he's too... irritating.
 I think that Faye and Sven are perfect for each other - they have the whole 'opposites attract' thing, although it's unlikely that they'll end up together as that would be too obvious.

r0x0r

« Reply #29 on: 12 Sep 2007, 14:03 »

...she'll run off to Angus.

Ugh, that guy is quite funny, but it would suck to see him as Faye's boyfriend

Hey! I actually like Angus. Don't like his name, but I like the guy. I wish he'd show up a little more often. I actually think he and Faye would be good together. Not that Sven and Faye wouldn't, but come on! You have to love Angus' antics.

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #30 on: 13 Sep 2007, 06:26 »

No, no. Sara will return after years mulling over a decision long past, all the while training an allosaurus to obey her every command, so as to exact revenge upon Faye and Dora for conspiring to steal her man away from her. But it squishes Marten in the process. Hannelore cleans up the mess and sanitizes everything before the police arrive. Pintsize got it all on video, and immediately uploads it to Youtube, complete with slow motion segments and hilarious commentary. Raven takes over the coffee shop. Penelope, forever haunted by the taunts of the past, seeks out and kills Pizza Girl, fulfilling her ultimate destiny.
Sara is of course distraught by the demise of Marten, but Sven stops by. Always the gentleman, he finds a way to make her feel better about her loss.
The allosaurus runs off into the distance, pursued by an overgrown Tequilla Monster.

And the band played on....

the directer of The Young and The Restless just called. they got a job offer for you!  :-P

muteKi

« Reply #31 on: 14 Sep 2007, 18:19 »

Yes, that post was absolutely brilliant. (But its awesomeness has nearly ruined the comic for me, which must to some degree stay rooted in reality.)

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #32 on: 15 Sep 2007, 12:56 »

I like the Angus character too, I think he's exactly what Faye needs, someone who cannot only push her buttons, but isn't beaten into submission as easily as Marten.  Even when he does get beat, he keeps coming back, which could be good for Faye, seeing as how she has a tendency to push people away.

EDIT: Yes I know these characters aren't real people (jokes aside) it's easier to discuss things this way.
« Last Edit: 15 Sep 2007, 16:13 by teh pwn queen »
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...

• Plantmonster
  • WOOOO!
« Reply #33 on: 03 Oct 2007, 22:56 »

hi guys :)

ok i'm new, but i pretty much joined only because i had to show my Faye/Sven support

there doesn't seem to be that much here in the forum

am I the only one who LOVES the idea of Faye and Sven getting together despite how obvious or cliche or whatever else it might be?

i just think their relationship would be a lot of fun to read about

~714

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #34 on: 03 Oct 2007, 23:24 »

I've been thinking.

Had Faye not gone through the traumatizing experience of watching her father shoot himself, I think that she and Sven would have easily hooked up.  Faye would have tamed him from his womanizing ways, and they would have been a happy couple.  However, this is not the case.  Everybody says that Faye has "issues", but what kind of issues are these?  They are abandonment issues.  No matter how close she gets to a person, there will always be that fear of abandonment.

Now, how can Faye easily get in a relationship with a man who is a known womanizer?  Even though Sven has resolved to give up his sleazy ways, how can Faye be sure that he won't leave her right her after she puts out?  I don't think she's willing take that risk, and I think you will agree.

A Faye/Sven hookup is certainly possible, but it will have to take a lot of character development, issue resolving, and trust building to get there.

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #35 on: 04 Oct 2007, 07:22 »

I've been thinking.

Had Faye not gone through the traumatizing experience of watching her father shoot himself, I think that she and Sven would have easily hooked up.  Faye would have tamed him from his womanizing ways, and they would have been a happy couple.  However, this is not the case.  Everybody says that Faye has "issues", but what kind of issues are these?  They are abandonment issues.  No matter how close she gets to a person, there will always be that fear of abandonment.

Now, how can Faye easily get in a relationship with a man who is a known womanizer?  Even though Sven has resolved to give up his sleazy ways, how can Faye be sure that he won't leave her right her after she puts out?  I don't think she's willing take that risk, and I think you will agree.

A Faye/Sven hookup is certainly possible, but it will have to take a lot of character development, issue resolving, and trust building to get there.

ha! in the "real world" i've seen some pretty unexpected hook-ups. Most of these are so bizzare that they make little or no sense at all. Now if the "real world" has bizzare hook-ups, than surely a webcomic can to ;)

Also.... I still say that if Faye and Sven hooked up it would create incredable controversy that would cause at least 100 strips to write themselves. What would Dora's reaction be? Marten? RAVEN? So many possabilities :P

The Chemist

« Reply #36 on: 04 Oct 2007, 11:57 »

Or... Raven and Faye hook up... :mrgreen:

teh_Shannon

• Not quite a lurker
    • Myspace'd
« Reply #37 on: 04 Oct 2007, 16:02 »

Had Faye not gone through the traumatizing experience of watching her father shoot himself, I think that she and Sven would have easily hooked up.   

Well, the way I see it if Faye's father hadn't shot himself, she probably would still be living in the south.  Why would she have moved if not to get away from the memories that her hometown brought about?

You do, however, bring up an excellent point with Faye dating a known womanizer.  That would be stupid of her, and she's definitely smarter than that...til you brought that up I actually kind of liked the idea of Faye and Sven.

However, I still really like Martin and Faye, and in the back of my mind I still think they're going to get together. 

Kartoon Kween

• Plantmonster
  • JESUS
« Reply #38 on: 04 Oct 2007, 16:11 »

Had Faye not gone through the traumatizing experience of watching her father shoot himself, I think that she and Sven would have easily hooked up.   

Well, the way I see it if Faye's father hadn't shot himself, she probably would still be living in the south.  Why would she have moved if not to get away from the memories that her hometown brought about?

Well, yeah.  I was speaking entirely hypothetically, of course.  It was one of those "In another place, in another time" scenarios.  My point was that if Faye's issues weren't in the way, Faye and Sven could have been a good match under the right circumstances.

Anyway, thank you for considering my argument.  I enjoy analyzing characters as opposed to blindly shipping them (unless if the ship happens to be hilarious).

teh_Shannon

• Not quite a lurker
    • Myspace'd
« Reply #39 on: 04 Oct 2007, 16:16 »

Yeah, that definitely makes sense.  I don't think I really meant to blindly ship Faye and Sven, I just kind of had a feeling, I guess.  But it definitely would defy logic.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #40 on: 04 Oct 2007, 21:01 »

i highly doubt faye's getting into any relationships in the near future. it was her emotional problems that prevented her and marten from getting together in the first place, and as made clear in the most recent comics they obviously aren't getting much better. however, she has brought up before that she's lonely and really wants to get laid, so my guess is that comic 1000 will have something to do with faye banging either sven or angus. or at least making kisses. and then regretting it after. i haven't thought that far ahead.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2007, 21:10 by ephemere »
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

ColonelTorch

« Reply #41 on: 04 Oct 2007, 21:24 »

I suppose, although I don't see her getting in a relationship any time soon, it would be plausable (especially given the way this arc has been going) for her to get more drunk and end up doin' something nekkid with Sven.

Of course, she'd freak out. A lot. But I personally think it's more likely than her dating someone.

ThinWhiteDuke09

« Reply #42 on: 05 Oct 2007, 13:33 »

Faye is sobering up, at this point, I would see her and Sven hooking up by #1000 unlikely at best.

GlassHousesInc

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #43 on: 06 Oct 2007, 09:44 »

I registered just to leave my stain on this topic. Though I'm a big fan of their characters, I'd be happier if they didn't hook up, honestly. The biggest chuckles I've had lately have been from the Faye-Sven interplay, and her biased view of Sven(Though well deserved) seems to be the humor catalyst. If she gets to the point where she's not peeking out of the foxhole at him and letting her guard down it really might lose some of what makes it so funny to me. Sven on the defensive just gets me ROFLin' like mad.

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #44 on: 08 Oct 2007, 14:50 »

If Faye and Sven hooked up, Raven would know about it, and that would cause her head to explode with hate, which would drive the D&D nerds into a blood thirsty rampage, as who would they stare at and drool over during their epic quests? No one that's who. They would be fueled by their nerdish rage, and the town would turn red with the blood of their victims.

There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

The Chemist

« Reply #45 on: 08 Oct 2007, 18:07 »

If Faye and Sven hooked up, Raven would know about it, and that would cause her head to explode with hate, which would drive the D&D nerds into a blood thirsty rampage, as who would they stare at and drool over during their epic quests? No one that's who. They would be fueled by their nerdish rage, and the town would turn red with the blood of their victims.

This coming from experience or anything?

Starrys

« Reply #46 on: 08 Oct 2007, 19:44 »

Ok, here is my extensive theory: (ooo, colons.  I feel fancy!)
Faye is eventually going to go, throw herself a pity party, get increadably drunk, and bang Sven.  She wakes up in the morning, realizes what she has done.  She also realizes what Marty said about her being an alcoholic is completely right, and becomes more angry at herself.  Faye storms off, with a confused Sven chasing after her.  Big fight in the street, and Angus sees.  He starts chewing out Sven, over exagerating what happened, of course.  At this time, Faye sneaks off, and goes back down to the south.  No one knows this of course, so when Sven tells Dora what happened, Dora, Marty and everyone else up north thinks Faye killed herself.  Because of this, Dora breaks up with Marty.

And I'm not quite sure what would happen after that.  But something would.

Or Faye could always hook up with Jim, and have a really weird threesome with him and Tai

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #47 on: 08 Oct 2007, 19:55 »

The comic will end with somebody's death.
Hate, rain on me

AngelofShadows

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • One body.....one mind.
« Reply #48 on: 09 Oct 2007, 07:25 »

This coming from experience or anything?

No....of course not.....

I used acid to get rid of the bodies. No blood.
There are some basic rules to remember when cosplaying.
   1. If you're a hot Asian chick you can wear whatever you want and say it's whatever you want. Lingerie and some Pikachu ears are totally a legitimate costume.
   2. Everyone else needs to GTFO.

jeff8676

« Reply #49 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:45 »

I kinda hope Jeph reads this, and is going to change around all his plans for the comic just to thwart you guys.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up