THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 09:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Streetfighter IV  (Read 22398 times)

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
Streetfighter IV
« on: 24 Oct 2007, 08:53 »

http://www.streetfighterworld.com/ Watch the trailer... and have a towel ready  :oops:

Looks super awesome and should be amazing. The way they are drawing sprites is insanely good, graphics look awesome but above anything else it is sequel to a few of the best fighting game titles ever.

Discuss.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: Streetfighter IV
« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2007, 09:06 »

You do realize that's just a teaser trailer and not actual gameplay footage, right?

The game literally just started development. The gameplay hasn't even been decided yet, much less any legitimate screens. Hell, they haven't even confirmed whether it's 2D or 3D yet.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

muteKi

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2007, 10:31 »

Which is rather disgusting when you think about it... if I really want a 3D fighter, that's what Soul Calibur is for.

And 3D on 2D perspective is too SSB for me.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2007, 15:04 »

You know, as little as I care about traditional fighting games, the trailer does look really awesome. Of course the game won't look or play like that, but it is certainly an amazing looking cinematic.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

clockworkjames

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2007, 16:57 »

Obviously the trailer is not IG footage, and they decided on 2d last I heard, and the sprites I have seen looked awesome. Guess they coulda been faked but they looked convincing.
Also Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix looks shit hawt.
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2007, 17:07 by clockworkjames »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2007, 19:21 »

Any sprites you may have seen were faked as none have been developed yet. The teaser was put together for the sole sake of revealing that they have begun work on the game. The project is in its infancy at the moment.
JON MADE ME GAY

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2007, 22:27 »

I watched this teaser over at Game Trailers. I was pissed because they shouldn't really tease people with things if they have no goods to show. All this says is "Hey! We started workin' on it!" Great, come back when you can show me something. Bastards.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

clockworkjames

« Reply #7 on: 05 Dec 2007, 03:08 »

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2007, 06:23 »

Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

clockworkjames

« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2007, 19:21 »

« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2007, 19:36 by clockworkjames »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #10 on: 28 Dec 2007, 20:58 »

I watched this teaser over at Game Trailers. I was pissed because they shouldn't really tease people with things if they have no goods to show. All this says is "Hey! We started workin' on it!" Great, come back when you can show me something. Bastards.

Uh, you're familiar with the entire concept of teasers, right?

I mean, I guess I can understand if you don't like the entire idea of it, but personally I don't mind having some eye candy along with my game anouncements, even if nothing substantial comes of it.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #11 on: 28 Dec 2007, 22:23 »

Man. That's actually pretty fucking ugly and entirely underwhelming.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #12 on: 03 Jan 2008, 02:59 »

Yup is like a manga made in North America, facial expressions like in Teen Titans. Also all this user friendly bullcrap could be a killer, the good thing about the game is to be good you need practice and knowledge. Cannot just tap the d-pad and a few buttons like in TEKKEN (another game I love, I was raised on tekken 1-4) but you needed to know who was charge characters and who you could scream forward with a double quarter circle forward heavy as someone was mid jump, oh sorry did I just knock you on your ass with an 8 hit combo that looks like 1 punch? Yeah, I did. Light punch+light kick to roll near them dodging whatever they throw at you and "Oh hai, I herd U liek my foot in your face" quarter back heavy kick. Yeah I like Ken/Ryu/Sakura/sometimes Dan because they are fun characters to play.

I liked eo, was most likely my favourite.

Spinless

« Reply #13 on: 03 Jan 2008, 03:19 »

...do you have ADD?

Narr

« Reply #14 on: 03 Jan 2008, 03:40 »

King of Fighters > Street Fighter.

The entire Street Fighter IV thing is underwhelming to me.  I'll probably get it, mind you, because I like fighting games and all, but King of Fighters games have always been way more awesome to me.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #15 on: 03 Jan 2008, 06:21 »

Am I the only one who thinks this footage makes the game look slow paced?
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

clockworkjames

« Reply #16 on: 03 Jan 2008, 09:42 »

It has never been confirmed whether I have ADD or not.

They said they slowed it down then sped it up, it plays at 60fps but as for gameplay it looks alot like SF2 to me for flow/speed.

KoF is a good game but... if you play it on the neo geo it is less than satisfying. EO was good because samurai showdown is kickass, KoF is kickass and SF is kickass. Darkstalkers/final fight/rival schools/fatal fury added a nice touch for the most part. Not art of fighting because I hate king.
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2008, 09:45 by clockworkjames »

orionthered

« Reply #17 on: 31 Jan 2008, 09:48 »

a whole wack of new screen shots were just added on ign.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14211548/imgs_1.html

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #18 on: 31 Jan 2008, 09:53 »

Yeah, still ugly as sin. Call me when SSF II Turbo HD Remix comes out.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2008, 01:00 »

After some dissapointing screenshots, these videos surface.

Thay are kinda sucky in that they are not the kind of fights I am used to, not many specials and only 2 or 3 moves utilized but meh. Viper looks more... KoF or Virtua Fighter styled than street fighter tbh, a crude combination of a bunch of KoF dudes in eo (Ryo, Rugal, Benimaru, Iori). Abel fits quite nicely. I see rolls, throws, that two punch/two kick thing that makes you yellowy that's in third strike, also a numerical scoring system and chun li doesn't look as useless as she is in eo, it's more like the powerhouse lady of third strike. I am pleased but still sad about no parries and I didn't see any just defends. Some unblockable stuff that is long charge times but still awesome, specials move through fireballs if they are timed well, I want to play it!

Helios05

• Plantmonster
  • Having fun and dark sacrifices!
« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2008, 15:30 »

I watched the videos and have to say I'm not crazy about it. Now I admit, I am Tekken fan before I am a Street Fighter fan, but I loved the Alpha series, and I am saddened by what I see. Only three moves were ever used by either the player and the computer, and the AI left way to used to some affmany openings to get destroyed, that the guy used to some affect at times, utterly missed at others. And when it did Blanka, me and a friend were yelling about it the whole time. You roll attack with Blanka, and that IT! Also, the Hadoken looked...slow, like it was moving through water, but that may have been the video playing slowly(damn buffering), also Abel's throw was overpowered, it looked like it could kill in three uses, which is way too much for something that isn't a special. I may play it at a friend's house, but I doubt I'll buy.
"I'm fucking tripping balls! Ask Oak!"
"Bitch be TRIPPING balls!"
WOW player
Server: Zuluhed
Guild: Galactic Alliance
PM Veey or Heavenstrike to join!

ackblom12

« Reply #21 on: 22 Feb 2008, 17:25 »

This isn't Resident Evil 5 news, so I don't care.

clockworkjames

« Reply #22 on: 23 Feb 2008, 14:40 »

Abels throw might be the equivalent to hugo's full circle grab.

Valekraft

« Reply #23 on: 24 Feb 2008, 17:24 »

The new characters seem awesome...

Abel seems to be Zangief+  From the videos I watched it seems he uses some badass martial arts to get in close, but when he does he goes grappler apeshit on you.
Ive always worked my ass off to perfect Zangiefs moves this guy will be fun too.

C.Viper looks kinda interesting as the new female character... Not to sure what her background is but her moves look pretty decent.

Kinda sad that its still kinda 2d  left and right only fighting.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #24 on: 24 Feb 2008, 20:26 »

Also, the Hadoken looked...slow, like it was moving through water, but that may have been the video playing slowly(damn buffering), also Abel's throw was overpowered, it looked like it could kill in three uses, which is way too much for something that isn't a special.

Are we watching the same clip? Abel's strongest throw (the spinny one) was indeed doing around a quarter of a lifebar while his other throws (the hip toss and over the shoulder) looked to do half that, so we may very well be looking at a special maneuver anyway since he does appear to be a grappler. From watching Ken's clip he clearly used a hadoken that was quite fast at one point and a hadoken which was rather slow at others, which leads me to think that variable speed hadokens linked to the button used to finish the maneuver is back. The monotony of the clips was worrisome but it's still rather early to get too judgmental plus we're not exactly watching high level play yet. I can't even begin to tell you how much better I'd like Crimson Viper if she got rid of the poof cut.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 20:41 by Whipstitch »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #25 on: 04 Jun 2008, 00:16 »

Bumping this thread to point out to everyone that Capcom showed off a lot of this game at their event yesterday. The arcade version of the game is apparently finished, and will be shipping out to however many arcades are left in a month or two. The home versions (PC, 360, and PS3) have not been dated yet, but general speculation seems to be that they will hit either late this year or early in 2009. The console versions will also have some additional characters as well as intro movies for every character in the single player mode.

I have to say, even though I care fuck all for fighting games at this point, this game looks pretty fucking amazing. Not sure if I'll buy it, because I don't really have any friends that play fighting games and even if they can pull off that online play without lag I'm nowhere near good enough to play competitively that way. Still, it's the first fighting game I've been even remotely interested in since Soul Calibur 2 came out, and that was almost 5 years ago (and mostly because the Gamecube version had Link in it).

clockworkjames

« Reply #26 on: 05 Jun 2008, 05:55 »

Character choices are predictable and dissapointing so far, I hope they add moar.

Specifically Akuma and Sakura I guess, other than that I came a little.

I think I saw Ryu do a "just defend" on on of Ken's hurricane kicks, and E-Honda did a Z-Mov which was nice.

Guile is a must have tbh, need a good turtle in every game and he is the best at it. Vega and Balrog can get out (Yes, I said it), I still want more closure on parry of just defend and Akuma had better be secret unlockable.

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #27 on: 05 Jun 2008, 07:17 »

The Streetfighter franchise just seems so stagnant.

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #28 on: 05 Jun 2008, 07:51 »

I don't know, I'm pretty excited about it, maybe you guys just aren't as big a fan(boi? i dont really think so) as I?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #29 on: 05 Jun 2008, 10:48 »

i might rent it.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #30 on: 05 Jun 2008, 12:21 »

Character choices are predictable and dissapointing so far, I hope they add moar.

Specifically Akuma and Sakura I guess, other than that I came a little.

Well, these are the characters in the final arcade version, minus the boss characters, at least one of which (some dude named Seth) we know about. However, the producer did say they were planning to add bonus characters to the console versions, but the ones that people had apparently seen leaked concept art for were Dan and Fei Long, not Sakura or Akuma. They did say they were very much in the planning stages for characters that they would add for the home versions.

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #31 on: 09 Jun 2008, 21:20 »

Maybe, just maybe I'm Mr.Magoo and didn't see, but is this game 2d? If so, what the hell is it doing on next gen platforms? Love the camera play and fun different animations and bright colours, but my god...same moveset with super sekret ULTIMATE FINISHING MOVE! does not a great fighting game make.

Oh, and it's 2d.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29550.html?type=

will always win... SF has the history and name brand recognition, but SC delivers on much more complete a level.

Oh, and there's Darth Vader and Yoda.  Don't give me any shit about lightsabers and metal swords either.

Sorry for the "jack"

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #32 on: 09 Jun 2008, 22:00 »

Man I ain't need a third dimension of movement to make a noble martial arts master beat the shit out of a pro wrestler.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #33 on: 09 Jun 2008, 23:08 »

You realize that the models and backgrounds are in 3D, they just keep the action to a 2D plane, right?

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #34 on: 10 Jun 2008, 15:40 »

That statement makes me verbally go "BFD." I guess I need more than 2d planes for asskicking. I like range/distance, angles and timing and such. I will take my elitist fighting game views elsewhere! Ha. No srsly, this is a rent, SCIV prolly a buy.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #35 on: 10 Jun 2008, 16:53 »

True fighting game elitists scoff at 3D fighters. You're not an elitist, you're a minor who simply doesn't know any better.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #36 on: 10 Jun 2008, 18:07 »

SC is not even on the same page as SF in the scale of awesomeness which goes something like...

Dinosaurs -Awesome
Optimus prime -Awesome
Sugar foods and drinks -Awesome
Street fighter -Still awesome
Beer -Really good
Tekken -GURRRRATE!
Not failing college -Pretty cool

[LARGE GAP]

Failing college -Meh, at least it''s over now
Soul Caliber -Not brilliant
Hippies -Looks good on fire

MrBridge

• Plantmonster
« Reply #37 on: 10 Jun 2008, 19:03 »

Lol! Imma MINOR!

Spare me your elitist viewpoint.  I like most of the SF series, grew up with SFII, played it to death on SNES, played it to death again on PCEMU (much better than going to calculus) ,  played SFIII a bunch. I loved these games, but SC1 and (hopefully) SC4 will continue to leave these in the dust.  SC2 was great with link, spawn, and heihachi, SC3 was a disappointment. Enough said there.  It's okay that you can't get with the game.  SF4 will likely tank imo, but I really really like the colours and craziness, it is one thing SC always lacked.  The fact you put tekken as high as you do pretty much discounts that list, but I agree with dinosaurs and optimus prime.  Switch sugar foods/drinks with SC and we can be friends.

To each their own.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #38 on: 10 Jun 2008, 22:28 »

Soul Blade/Soul Calibur were pretty good.  The sequels didn't add much for me.  Except, which one added the initial story mode?  Was that there in the first SC?  That was a pretty cool game mode, I like unlocking things I guess.

This new SF looks ok I guess.  I played the original and 2 at the arcade, then champion edition came out and it was pretty cool too because you could play as the "boss" characters.  Then things just got fucking stupid.  The "new challengers" version was ok I guess.  DeeJay brought Capoeira into the mix and was pretty interesting to use, but the other characters were kind of boring.  The SF3 series totally underwhelmed me, as did the hyper-fighting series.

Next topic: how Tekken is an awesome series to play at parties and how people who rave about the Virtua Fighter series can all go suck a dick.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #39 on: 10 Jun 2008, 22:30 »

The story mode was first added in 2, I think.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #40 on: 11 Jun 2008, 01:06 »

Is that 2 as in Soul Blade/Edge then Soul Calibur being 2 or do you mean Soul Calibur 2?

Ok, I just went and talked to the wiki.  I am pretty sure I played Soul Blade on the PS1, which was fun.  Then I played Soul Calibur on my friend's Dreamcast, which was awesome.  Then I played SC2 on the PS2 and later the Xbox (which was kind of disappointing because I couldn't control it properly on the Xbox controller.  It felt odd.)  Then I played SC3 on the PS2 for about 2 seconds before hating it.  I am fickle!

clockworkjames

« Reply #41 on: 11 Jun 2008, 12:56 »

Next topic: how Tekken is an awesome series to play at parties and how people who rave about the Virtua Fighter series can all go suck a dick.

click

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #42 on: 12 Jun 2008, 12:25 »

But Virtua Fighter is so technical. Don't you have fun pressing five buttons to punch a guy?
Hate, rain on me

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #43 on: 12 Jun 2008, 17:06 »

I been doin all this stuff
Nothin's happenin', donno why
Awwww, c'mon punch a guy

clockworkjames

« Reply #44 on: 13 Jun 2008, 21:56 »

Battle of Destiny: The Road to Evolution Tournament
London, sometime in July I think...

http://www.esc-games.com/index.php?topic=590.0

clockworkjames

« Reply #45 on: 27 Feb 2009, 19:03 »

LP LP > LK HP BUMP

It's shit compared to 3rd strike.

But still not bad.

Anyone want to play online with me?

ModernRonin

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #46 on: 28 Apr 2009, 14:57 »

Ressurection of the SFIV thread!!

Who's been playin'? Who you playin' as? Gettin' good at your focus-cancel-dash attacks yet?

Did anyone watch the Gamestop SFIV tournament?

Check out Daigo / Ryu vs Iyo / Dhalsim - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiOyDKgp5Q

I've been playing Akuma (mostly - some Fei) and I've been studying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGS5b6SK4FM and working on my combos.

I'm still awfully scrubby, and I'm playing on a controller (ARGHBLGHRGH!!) but if anyone wants to play, my Live username is M0dernRonin (note the zero).

Darke

• Furry furrier
« Reply #47 on: 28 Apr 2009, 17:35 »

I'll gladly play anyone who happens to have this for PS3... *crickets*

Sadly, my favourite Street Fighter, Vega, has been well and truly arse-f*cked by Capcom in this game. Still, I endure his glaring weaknesses, if only to hear him yodel after winning a round.

Whenever I get sick of being torn to shreds by Sagat I jump over to Chun-Li. That girl has some damn fun combos.
There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy.

clockworkjames

« Reply #48 on: 29 Apr 2009, 13:42 »

I play sakura (not well mind you) but my friend played as Dalsim down at iseries and never lost a game in any of the tournaments...

Felrender

• Curry sauce
  • Hi there!
« Reply #49 on: 29 Apr 2009, 14:53 »

I play as Dan.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up