THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)  (Read 627203 times)

Ally

Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)
« on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:08 »

Rules
1. You have to either be asking for or giving advice. Please specify to whom you are talking.
2. Follow rule 1.
« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2008, 17:12 by Ally »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
Re: Hair Advice!!! (NOW WITH RULESSS)
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:15 »

We all know you only started this thread so that I would make you an emoticon, don't even try to deny it.

Ally

« Reply #2 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:16 »

Nooooo that is creepy. HAIR ADVICE PLEASE

Runs_With_Scissors

• FIGHT YOU
  • Cockslayer!
    • My blog :)
« Reply #3 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:17 »

Ally, you are beautiful.

I wouldn't try really light blond highlights on your hair (it seems to be a trend at my school to get white highlights, pisses me off), but maybe some lighter brown tones. Or go darker. Are you wanting to fully dye your hair and go all dramatic? or do you want lower tones?
I'm the fucking Han Solo of forum politics.

Ally

« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:19 »

Full dye, I'm thinking! Haha, I'd look silly with blonde highlights. That is a bizarre trend.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:22 »

brownette, ally? i think that is a bit of an old term. it's close to dark blonde, i think. it is hard for me to find a picture of the particular shade in my head but a girl i know recently dyed her hair this color. i associate it with a retro look, for some reason. not that that helps you.

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #6 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:23 »

Hey Ally, I really like your hair colour, if you change it, i think it should be darker, or more cool shades, because those are the colours which suit you. I think you have a winter complexion, because your skin colour is cool but your features are dark.

I think you should grow it just past the shoulders. Wavy is really cute. If it is a bit longer it will probably sit straighter at the top and curl at the bottom, which looks cool and casual. Side part it, pin back the front strands - and the sides if you need to. Get long layers so that the hair is shaped around your shoulders.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #7 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:38 »

<reasonable adult>

Don't dye it. You'll get sick of the color and either have to keep re-dying it and killing your hair or wait until the dye grows out.

</reasonable adult>

:-D - I SUGGEST HOT PINK WITH BLACK STRIPES
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Ally

« Reply #8 on: 03 Dec 2007, 20:59 »

??

I'm thinking maybe some sort of dark reddish thinggg but I don't know about dying eyebrows or anything and it might look funny. HUH. If I dye it at all. My mom doesn't want me to. :]

Also Ali I am totally growing it! Short + curly = eurghr. But I will side part if more and grab more pins until it is longer.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2007, 21:01 by Ally »

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #9 on: 03 Dec 2007, 21:09 »

I think if you went dark auburn, your eyebrows would probably still look good, since even though they won't have the same shade, one isn't going to be dramatically darker or lighter than the other. It's kinda the same as with Princy's hair where I don't think her eyebrows are the same color as her hair but they look nice.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KTkat

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #10 on: 03 Dec 2007, 21:32 »

If you want to go reddish, all you have to do is make sure the tone is as dark or darker than your natural color. Red fades fairly easily as a vibrant tone (though a reddish tinge will remain forever), so as a darker tone fades, it won't look weird/have gross roots.

Do NOT go lighter red unless you're ready to keep dying your hair/dye it dark brown eventually. Trust me.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
~Oscar Wilde

E. Spaceman

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics The Sonics
« Reply #11 on: 03 Dec 2007, 22:01 »

Guys, do I let kari cut my hair?
[20:29] Quietus: Haha oh shit Morbid Anal Fog
[20:29] Quietus: I had forgotten about them

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #12 on: 03 Dec 2007, 22:04 »

yes

Chrasstor

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • ?Four dollars and x amount of cents
« Reply #13 on: 03 Dec 2007, 22:12 »

In my opinion your hair looks great... But, if you wanted to change it up, I'd go with a natural looking red, or lighter brown. Any natural colour would work though, I think.

?

edit: I just noticed both colours look almost the same. Anyway, I think that colour would look nice!

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #14 on: 03 Dec 2007, 22:51 »

Ally- Do not Dye it. Also, girls on the hill with hair flying out behind them rock, but frozen chunks of snow in hair suck.

Also, guys, this is how I should always wear my hair, right? (Also, since it is no longer Nabegromo, i have shaved.)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #15 on: 03 Dec 2007, 22:54 »

Ally, it should be bright green and then you need to smear red lipstick across your lips and then you need to kill that fucker Jason Todd.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #16 on: 03 Dec 2007, 23:22 »

Ally, if you want to change it for the sake of change that is of course your prerogative but I think it's already pretty much the perfect color for you; it goes great with your complexion and your eyes.  Also the waviness is a good thing, I'm really not seeing what a salon could do to improve on how it already looks.  Growing it out a bit is a good idea, but the salon can't do that for you, only time can.

CmonMiracle

« Reply #17 on: 03 Dec 2007, 23:27 »

I don't think you should dye it, but, if you had to, just go with a brown or dark color. I also kind of like the length too.

mooface

« Reply #18 on: 04 Dec 2007, 00:34 »

i agree with everyone that said a dark red would look really nice on you.  either that or a dark, rich brown.  if you're planning to dye your heir unnatural colors that require bleach then i agree with what jeph said.  my purple streaks keep turning gray, and i have to redye my hair once a week (really twice a week would be ideal but i don't have the time/money/patience).  if you're willing to put up with it it's worth it, but it is still kind of a pain in the ass!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #19 on: 04 Dec 2007, 00:47 »

Once a week?  What kind of dye do you use?  I only redye mine once every 2 weeks, and it doesn't fade too much.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

mooface

« Reply #20 on: 04 Dec 2007, 01:07 »

i use the dye my hairdresser gave me?  it fades away so fast because i'm weird and my hair pretty much repels dye.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart
« Reply #21 on: 04 Dec 2007, 01:42 »

Crazy.  I feel sorry for your hair, although the purple is really lovely.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #22 on: 04 Dec 2007, 02:08 »

Ally, I went from blonde to dark dark chocolate brown. My eyebrows look fine. I wouldn't bother dying your eyebrows or anything like that. I think if you wanted to go a dark chocolate brown colour you could and just get them to give you foils the same colour as your natural hair, or a dark chestnut type colour. I most definitely would not go blonde, as it will probably just kill your hair with all the bleach if not done properly and you will end up looking orange. Always scary. You could probably also get away with a deep dark red colour too, even with chocolate brown foils. Just remember that it does grow out if you get a permanent colour done. I go back and get mine redone every 6 - 8 weeks because I cannot stand to deal with blonde regrowth.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #23 on: 04 Dec 2007, 04:38 »

Ally: if you don't absolutely must change the colour of your hair, don't do it. It looks good the way it is!

Emilio: hell yes! do it!

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #24 on: 04 Dec 2007, 04:50 »

a haircut (trim) and then something like lighter or darker brown highlights will probably look amazing on you if your hair is anything like mine (it sort of looks like it is), by which i mean you've got a lot of it. it helps separate the layers and adds more volume without being excessively bushy or crazy. also do not be afraid to dye your hair, the only thing that'll ever really damage it is excessive bleaching and if you don't like the colour you can always go back to your natural one somewhat easily.
also, do not dye your eyebrows! it's dangerous and in my opinion, unnessesary. you have lovely eyes that are even more striking with your dark eyebrows and if you changed the colour it would just throw everything off. don't fix what ain't broke!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #25 on: 04 Dec 2007, 04:57 »

Afro.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #26 on: 04 Dec 2007, 05:43 »

Wow, Ally your really pretty (dont feel weirded out)

keep your hair the same, I think it looks fine.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #27 on: 04 Dec 2007, 06:29 »

I'm with the "don't dye" camp as well. Not only does your natural hair color work very well with your skin tone and facial features, but dyeing your hair tends to screw it up in the long run. If you do decide full-tilt that you need to have your color colored, please have it done by a professional.

Thought of Bald Ally =  :cry:

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #28 on: 04 Dec 2007, 06:45 »

You can also use a semi-permanent rinse that washes out after a couple of weeks. That is all I used before I got stupid and dyed it all the way.
Also, I don't know about the US, but most salons here will only ever give you a semipermanent. I think this is so you keep coming back. Eh.

StMonkey

• *Comment of negligible importance*
« Reply #29 on: 04 Dec 2007, 06:55 »

Not enough negative influence. I concur with :mrgreen:, it really is the way to go.
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

normz

« Reply #30 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:08 »

im gunna agree with lunchy ... i used to play with semi-permanent dyes before my best friend became a hairdresser and tortured my hair

at least that way if you dont like it then you can wash it out, cause youve got a nice colour as is but a subtle touch of red or even purple would look nice

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #31 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:10 »

most salons here will only ever give you a semipermanent.
I don't know if it's the same on your side of the pond, but the salon my wife went to would dye her hair with whatever she wanted it dyed with, provided she bring the product.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #32 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:13 »

Oh gosh, no salon here would let you bring your own product. Okay, never mind what I say then.

normz

« Reply #33 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:37 »

lunchy maybe were in some alternate hair universe over here

actually thats kinf of sad if you guys are cause the massagey chairs they have at the basins and the menu of beverages and light snacks at my salon is nice

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #34 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:52 »

Ally - Don't dye your hair. I used to dye my hair A LOT, then I got super sick of it, and growing it back out was pretty annoying. Also, I think your hair is pretty! If you want to dye some of it, get some super dark brown lowlights or highlights in a reddish-brown color. Low/highlights if done properly also tend to grow out more gracefully when you decide to stop dying your hair. Those are also a better place to start, because you can see how well your hair handles the dye. I've known people with mooface's problem with not being able to hold color well at all, while mine faded very little from the day I dyed it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Barfy

« Reply #35 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:54 »

Ally, I say add a few more layers to your haircut and then go dark red. Make sure it is at least two shades of red, though.

Dyeing eyebrows is easy. You takes the dye you used on your head, apply it to your eyebrows with a mascara wand and leave it in for 3-5 minutes.

SeanBateman

« Reply #36 on: 04 Dec 2007, 07:57 »

Guys, do I let kari cut my hair?

is she gonna let you stick it in?

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #37 on: 04 Dec 2007, 09:46 »

Honestly, my mother is a hairstylist, and you've got get coloured hair. And really a trim and maybe a nice conditioner/smoothing serum is all you need. I hate the fact that people assume you need to change the colour/cut to change your hair, honestly, don't touch it. It's lovely, I'm being hypocritical though because I do colour my hair at random(however. never the whole thing). However, ESPECIALLY with curly/really wavy hair, don't dye it, it'll dry out your hair and make it look like crap.

However, you can find a reputable salon and ask them what they think, any place that is worth it's reputation will not give you a terrible haircut/colouring.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #38 on: 04 Dec 2007, 09:50 »

I'm going to echo the semi-permanent color advice.  You have a very nice natural shade, a red rinse over it would make it nice and shiny and add a new dimension to your hair without ruining it.  If you don't like it, no worries - it'll wash out quickly.  If you do like it - its easy to keep up.

öde

« Reply #39 on: 04 Dec 2007, 09:59 »

at least that way if you dont like it then you can wash it out

Semi permanent dyes wash straight out then? So you can't wash your hair for a week or so? Ew.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist
« Reply #40 on: 04 Dec 2007, 10:09 »

semi-permanent is a good option for people with MONIES. it's a good way to test out a colour but if you like it, just go for full-out permanent. you will save far more time and hassle.
perhaps this is only because i have dark hair, but everytime i have ever dyed it it's always ended up fading really nicely back to brown and i've never had to worry about roots growing in and so on. perhaps this is a phenomenon unique only to me. unless you bleach your hair, though, i would not worry too much about dying it.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

öde

« Reply #41 on: 04 Dec 2007, 10:18 »

I haet roots.

Sir Tacopuss

• Emoticontraindication
  • Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn
« Reply #42 on: 04 Dec 2007, 11:58 »

Go for this look:

seriously though... Jet Girl is even hotter  :-D
To send - Onward to terminus triumphal flight sheds object form.
Orbitainer eyes the absolute and freed - walk alone.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #43 on: 04 Dec 2007, 15:28 »

Bleach the fuck out of it and dye it blue, Ally.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Ally

« Reply #44 on: 04 Dec 2007, 16:17 »

I think that I'm going to try a darkish red-auburn-mahogany color, if I end up dying it at all - something subtle so I don't have to freak out about roots every five seconds.
Thanks for the input!

If anyone else has hair inquiries... please ask. PLEASE. Please?

öde

« Reply #45 on: 04 Dec 2007, 16:23 »

Mohawk y/n.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #46 on: 04 Dec 2007, 16:29 »

Every time I see the title of this thread I read it as "NOW RUTHLESS" and I'm a little scared to enter.

Also, Dan, I say probably not to the mohawk. Let me give it more thought and I will provide you with a more decisive answer at a later point in time.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Drill King

• Duck attack survivor
  • The Monster of Man
« Reply #47 on: 04 Dec 2007, 17:20 »

I would request hair advice, but that would require pictures. Also I already know what I'm thinking about prepping for next.
King of Kings baby.

photoblog tumblr

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!
« Reply #48 on: 04 Dec 2007, 18:44 »

So my hair has been boring for like my entire life now. Give me something fun to do.

it's time to stop posting

StMonkey

• *Comment of negligible importance*
« Reply #49 on: 04 Dec 2007, 18:49 »

shave a half inch stripe across the middle of your head from ear to ear
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   Go Up