Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Juno  (Read 51289 times)

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Juno
« Reply #150 on: 05 Mar 2008, 17:47 »

A lot of people who didn't see the movie before it got all of the buzz around it seems to have wound up overestimating it. It wasn't ever meant to be some kind of revelatory movie. It's just a quirky, ironic, funny, and sincere indie movie. If you just take it for what it is and not try to make it into something bigger, it's really a great movie.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

rancidhooligan

« Reply #151 on: 05 Mar 2008, 17:59 »

I couldn't agree more.  I didn't have any expectations about it going in and I was expecting something like Knocked Up but was pleasantly surprised.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #152 on: 05 Mar 2008, 19:39 »

Well..thanks for agreeing with me, hah, but that was pretty contradictory:

I didn't have any expectations about it going in and I was expecting something like Knocked Up but was pleasantly surprised.

You had no expectations, but expected it to be like Knocked Up?
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

rancidhooligan

« Reply #153 on: 06 Mar 2008, 13:00 »

Ha!  That was a poorly worded sentence.  Apologies...

What I meant to say was that I thought it was going to be like a better version of Knocked Up, I hadn't heard all the "Juno is the best movie ever made" hype so I wasn't expecting it to be Citizen Kane.  I had some expectations, but not the same expectations a lot of people seem to have had.

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #154 on: 12 Mar 2008, 18:27 »

I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the theater that laughed at that joke, when I saw it.

Ditto.

So, i saw this movie tonight, but I didn't expect it (it was a so called Sneak Preview, I don't know if that kind of stuff is common in your part of the world, but I assume it is), which made it actually even better. I really liked it.

The scene in the mall is even more funny in German, because Juno's friend says (re-translated, of course): "So you like... CHICAS?" That made me laugh really hard.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up