THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:56
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs thread  (Read 42171 times)

Narr

The NFL Playoffs thread
« on: 05 Jan 2008, 14:52 »

This thread is for the discussing of football.  Because football is fun!

As of the time I'm posting this, Seattle leads at home against the Redskins.  Their D is holding up excellently.  I don't think the Redskins have a chance unless they can find something to change during halftime for a second half rally.

I'm excited for the Steelers/Jaguars match later today.  I know they just met earlier in the season, but I think it should be a good game.  I'm not sure the Steelers will be able to win without Willie Parker, though.

dr.sangaygupta

Re: The NFL Playoffs thread
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2008, 15:05 »

Agreed on the Redskins/Falcons game, unsure abouth the Steelers/Jags game

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2008, 16:02 »

Seahawks. Seattle is the Seahawks. Fucker.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2008, 16:42 »

I think, like everyone else it seems, that the Jags are gonna win tonight.  The Steelers  just are not firing on all cylinders with all the injuries they have and the Jags defense and running game have been doing stellar as of late.  And Garrard just doesn't make stupid mistakes (i think he has maybe 3 ints all year)
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2008, 18:36 »

I'm in a pool on this, and I actually picked the Jaguars to not only win tonight but beat New England next week and go on to win the Super Bowl. They've been the best team in terms of momentum down the last few games of the season and their defense is great, and those are the two most important things in postseason football. On top of that, they have the best rushing game in the league, and if the weather in Foxboro is typical January New England weather, then it's gonna be hard as shit to throw and that's what the Patriots have done all season. Of course, I might have picked that upset just because I'm really, really fucking sick of hearing about how Tom Brady is the second coming of Christ.

But I thought Washington would beat Seattle, so maybe I'm just totally misjudging all of this.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2008, 21:29 »

Playoffs?  Playoffs?

Sorry, no playoffs thread is complete without Jim Mora.

David Garrard 4th down QB draw was a gutsy call.  Hell of a game.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2008, 12:45 »

I'm really, really fucking sick of hearing about how Tom Brady is the second coming of Christ.

Dogg you think you got it bad, I LIVE in New England. He could cold shoot a bitch in the face in Faneuil Hall and fuckers would be all "I hope the gun's recoil hasn't injured his throwing arm"
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #7 on: 06 Jan 2008, 14:55 »

As a San Francisco fan, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Niners do in the playoffs this year.  Oh, wait.  Fuck.

I guess I'll pull for the Seahawks because of Northwest solidarity or something like that, but mostly I'm just rooting against Green Bay, Dallas, and New York.  As for Brady, I'm also sick of hearing about how great he is, but that doesn't actually mean he *isn't* that great.  I don't think I could bring myself to bet against him.  Vince Young, on the other hand, I can bet against.  I feel good about San Diego's chances in the second half, even though they haven't been able to do anything here yet.  It's unfortunate how much less interesting today's games have been, so far, than yesterday's games.  That Seattle/Washington fourth quarter was insane, I'm not sure when I've seen more of a pendulum effect with the momentum in a game than that.

Also, since there certainly isn't a need for TWO football threads on this forum, this seems like the best place to ask:  What are people's thoughts on Ohio State vs. LSU tomorrow?

dr.sangaygupta

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2008, 16:49 »

Seahawks. Seattle is the Seahawks. Fucker.
My bad. Jesus...

captain zoe

« Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2008, 16:54 »

Hoo boy did San Deigo almost fuck it up today.  They should have played the entire game the way they played the second half.  Yikes. 

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #10 on: 06 Jan 2008, 17:42 »

What are people's thoughts on Ohio State vs. LSU tomorrow?

LSU will probably win. Too many factors to evenconsider, but mainly they play in a tougher conference, leading to more seasoned players, and they have a pair of mobile quarterbacks capable of running rings around OSUs D with a spread offense.

On a more superstitious note, the only three OSUgames I've missed in recent times were vs Penn in 05, the championship last year, and the Illinois game this year. Assuming the pattern holds, if I watch the championship, they will win.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #11 on: 06 Jan 2008, 18:16 »

As a San Francisco fan, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Niners do in the playoffs this year.  Oh, wait.  Fuck.

I guess I'll pull for the Seahawks because of Northwest solidarity or something like that, but mostly I'm just rooting against Green Bay, Dallas, and New York.  As for Brady, I'm also sick of hearing about how great he is, but that doesn't actually mean he *isn't* that great.  I don't think I could bring myself to bet against him.  Vince Young, on the other hand, I can bet against.  I feel good about San Diego's chances in the second half, even though they haven't been able to do anything here yet.  It's unfortunate how much less interesting today's games have been, so far, than yesterday's games.  That Seattle/Washington fourth quarter was insane, I'm not sure when I've seen more of a pendulum effect with the momentum in a game than that.

Also, since there certainly isn't a need for TWO football threads on this forum, this seems like the best place to ask:  What are people's thoughts on Ohio State vs. LSU tomorrow?

I'm rooting for Jacksonville and Green Bay, to a lesser extent San Diego. And as a suffering Niners fan myself, how the fuck can you root for Dallas, sir?

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #12 on: 06 Jan 2008, 18:23 »

He said he was rooting against them.

I hate Dallas.  I hope its Pac V Pats for the Superbowl.  That would be an awesome game.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #13 on: 06 Jan 2008, 18:40 »

Even though I am a Pats fan I am kind of hoping they lose in the playoffs. Honestly it's quite boring when your home team wins every single game, and you feel like a douchebag for rooting for them.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #14 on: 06 Jan 2008, 19:21 »

I'm rooting AGAINST Dallas.  How dare you even INSINUATE otherwise?  I'm also rooting against everyone else who has knocked the Niners out of the playoffs at some time in my life, hence, rooting for the Seahawks to reach the Super Bowl by default.

Narr

« Reply #15 on: 06 Jan 2008, 19:25 »

If you're from there, you are forgiven Jeph.  I'm not saying that just because you sort of own this site, but because it's the truth.  The thing about me, if it was ANY OTHER TEAM, I'd probably be "yay now there will be someone alongside the perfect '72 Dolphins" but the fact it happens to be a team I utterly loath sort of ruins the fun of a perfect season.

As for the games this weekend:

Seahawks/Redskins:  I wouldn't say it's as much the Seahawks winning it as the Redskins losing that game.  I like Seattle, but they're going to have to step it up a notch if they want to beat Green Bay AT HOME next week.  Farve does not lose on his home turf very often.  I'm pretty sure he's the only man on earth that can throw the ball when it's -15 below outside and actually find his receivers.  I am pretty sure Green Bay will win next week.

Jacksonville/Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh beat themselves that game, and entirely in the first half.  If even a single one of those interceptions didn't happen, or hell, one of them didn't result in a touch-down, they'd have won.  Ifs don't mean a lot, though.  It was a well-matched game against two of the better teams, but Pittsburgh's abysmal first half ruined their shot at actually winning.  Jacksonville didn't look to great, though, for having one of the better defenses.  Their defense can't let Brady do to them what Roethisberger did in the second half of this game, because it's Tom Brady and he can do that even when a defense is playing their best.  I'm fairly sure that Gerard will have a better game against the Pats than he did against the Steelers, though.  Now that he's got that playoff win, I think he'll be a lot more poised and go back to his nearly perfect self that he was during the regular season.  I think it'll be the most interesting match of next week.

Giants/Bucs: The Bucs only showed up for their first series and then bam, they were terrible.  Credit goes to the Giants, though.  I've been impressed with their performance both this week and the final regular season game they had against the Patriots.  They've got some momentum going for them.  If their offense continues to be as productive as it's been, I like their chances against the Cowboys next week.  The fact the game's in Dallas might actually be detrimental for the Cowboys because if Jessica Simpson attends again, Romo will flub all his passes thinking about the excellent pussy he's going to get that night.  (I can't really blame him.  My hands would be shaky if I had a girl with a body like that waiting for me after a game.)

Chargers/Tennesee: I didn't catch the game, to be honest.  I was at a friend's so we had a few LAN games of TF2 and I sort of didn't watch it.  Seems like the Titans only scored two field goals, so I guess that means San Diego's D held up well.  It's not like them to only score 17 points in a game, though.  Someone with more info care to share how they thought they played?  I like the Chargers.  Now that they're past the first round (meaning their coach won't get fired at the end of the season for no good reason like last year!) i think some pressure is relieved and they'll play better next week.  Unfortunately for them, it's against Indy, and now that Manning's finally got himself a super bowl win, I doubt he'll playoff bonk as he's been prone to do in the past.  I gotta give the win to Indianapolis.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jan 2008, 19:42 »

Not really directly related to American Football, but this thread's got me thinking. In the 2002 World Cup South Korea was beaten in a semi-final by Turkey. After the match one of the Turkish players was quoted in the media as saying something along the lines of how South Korean fans shouldn't be sad, because now Turkey were playing for them, too. Ever since then I've been following this kind of philosophy with regards to sporting contests: rather than hating the team that defeats my team, instead I cheer for that team and wish them all the best. They carry the spirit of my team with them. This has made viewing sport a much happier and more fulfilling thing for me than it previously was. I suggest everybody try it out, at least once! It's nice!

Also, can someone remind me what date the Superbowl's on again?

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #17 on: 06 Jan 2008, 19:49 »

Romo will flub all his passes thinking about the excellent pussy he's going to get that night.

man I could not get excited about a girl's sweaty betty if I knew Bam Margera had jizzed in it in the past

(sweaty betty is a new term i came up with today so i am trying it out)

BobJoeJim

« Reply #18 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:04 »

Inlander, I do that in some cases.  I rooted for Florida in the NCAA Tourney last year after they beat Oregon.  It's kind of nice when the team that beat you wins the championship, because then you can at least pretend that you were *obviously* the second best team.  On the other hand, though, rivalries are a major part of what I love about sports, and hating teams and rooting against them can be almost as satisfying as rooting for the team you love.  So... fuck the Cowboys.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #19 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:14 »

(sweaty betty is a new term i came up with today so i am trying it out)

It is simultaneously wholesome yet vaguely disgusting.

A bit like porridge, I guess.

RallyMonkey

« Reply #20 on: 06 Jan 2008, 20:31 »

I don't follow football all that much, and I have always been a Packer's fan. Yet, I find myself hoping that the Pats win the whole shebang. It would just be fairly depressing for them to do this well, only to be knocked out in the play offs, or even worse, the super bowl. Yet, from the few games I have seen this year's team play, they really deserve all the praise they have been getting.

CmonMiracle

« Reply #21 on: 07 Jan 2008, 01:33 »

Wow, a lot of Dallas-haters in here! Don't be mad when we win it again...

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #22 on: 07 Jan 2008, 01:36 »

That's because everyone outside of Texas hates the Cowboys because they're fucking obnoxious. Good luck winning without TO, though. You'll sure as hell need it.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #23 on: 07 Jan 2008, 04:42 »

I have decided that the Patriots do, in fact, need to win the Super Bowl this year.  They have a fair few older players on their roster, and the way I see it if they actually go the whole season without losing a game, the older guys on the team will realize that their careers cannot get better than it is at that moment, and they will decide to retire (Moss is a key example of this).  After this occurs, the Patriots will become fucking human again, as opposed to the demi-gods they have been raised to by all this fucking hype.

Also, as a hardcore Redskins fan, I can look past them being beaten by Seattle.  Seattle has beaten them in both of the past two first-round matchups they've met in, and last time Seattle ended up making it to the Super Bowl.  Plus, Washington beat Dallas by 21 (a sign? ohyes.) to get into the playoffs.

If that wasn't enough, they held Dallas to 1 rushing yeard.

ONE.  Lowest team rushing total in Dallas' franchise history.

Bitches.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #24 on: 07 Jan 2008, 07:47 »

I'm really, really fucking sick of hearing about how Tom Brady is the second coming of Christ.

Dogg you think you got it bad, I LIVE in New England. He could cold shoot a bitch in the face in Faneuil Hall and fuckers would be all "I hope the gun's recoil hasn't injured his throwing arm"

Nah dude. He'd have his O-Line shoot the bitch so he could just stand around in the pocket for like a minute before doing anything.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Narr

« Reply #25 on: 07 Jan 2008, 08:28 »

I have decided that the Patriots do, in fact, need to win the Super Bowl this year.  They have a fair few older players on their roster, and the way I see it if they actually go the whole season without losing a game, the older guys on the team will realize that their careers cannot get better than it is at that moment, and they will decide to retire (Moss is a key example of this).  After this occurs, the Patriots will become fucking human again, as opposed to the demi-gods they have been raised to by all this fucking hype.
You think Moss will retire if the Pats win?  I highly doubt that.  In fact, if they win it all, he'll probably stick around in the league as long as Jerry Rice did because he'll always be able to go "I'm a super bowl caliber wide reciever, my team will always win" even if they suck it up.

And I think everyone on the Pats already realizes their careers cannot get any better than it is right now.  They seem the type to try and ride it for as long as possible, though.  Look at how LONG they've been on top of the league.  Even when they're not the #1 team, they beat the #1 team in the playoffs.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #26 on: 07 Jan 2008, 08:33 »

Replace Moss with Junior Seau and I think you've got it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

CmonMiracle

« Reply #27 on: 07 Jan 2008, 08:54 »

That's because everyone outside of Texas hates the Cowboys because they're fucking obnoxious. Good luck winning without TO, though. You'll sure as hell need it.

Against the Giants? I'm not too worried about it. And I'm pretty sure T.O. is going to suit up for the game...even if he's not 100%, it'll help. We still have Barber and Witten!

Good luck with the draft this year, Bryan!

Shadic

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
    • Shadic's Website
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jan 2008, 09:01 »

As a Seahawks fan, the game against the Redskins was amazing... Well, mainly just that last quarter. :P

I don't pay much attention to football though, so I'm just going to (maybe?) watch the ones with Seattle playing. I hope there's more than just two of those.  :lol:

captain zoe

« Reply #29 on: 07 Jan 2008, 09:29 »

The last quarter of the Seahawks game really was the most exciting part, mostly because before that, the Seahawks almost screwed it up.  It was a good end of the game though.  I thought the end of the Pittsburgh/Jacksonville game was even more exciting though.  A lot of risks were taken in the end of that game, something you really don't see too often.  Like going for the 2-point conversion. 

I'd really like to see the Pats blow it in the end, mostly because I think Tom Brady's a jerk.  I'd love to see San Deigo go to the Bowl, because they're the team I root for when I'm not rooting for Denver (who, regrettably, were almost not worth rooting for this year), but the way they played yesterday leads me to believe that they may not have it all together, unfortunately.  I guess it doesn't help when the media just talks and talks about the fact that they hadn't won a playoff game in however many years, etc.  Sometimes I wish you could just tune out the color commentators. 

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #30 on: 07 Jan 2008, 10:38 »

Against the Giants? I'm not too worried about it. And I'm pretty sure T.O. is going to suit up for the game...even if he's not 100%, it'll help. We still have Barber and Witten!

Beating the Giants isn't the same as 'winning it all'. But you're right, if there's anything that strikes fear into the hearts of opposing defenses, it's Marion Barber.

And to hell with you, we drafted the Defensive Rookie of the Year last time. Better than anyone the Cowboys got.

Mazlow01

• Plantmonster
  • Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed
    • myspace page
« Reply #31 on: 07 Jan 2008, 13:05 »

Pats are going to lose to the Jags, Cowboys might beat NY but if they do they still have to face The Packers and I don't see Farve losing to the cowboys twice.The cowboys and the Pats are both playing poor football right now...I mean the pats almost lost eli manning....Peyton maybe but eli? I really hope that the colts beat the crap out of the chargers...Phillip Rivers is cocky asshole and i really want him to get his ass served on a plate. I am predicting a Packers/Colts Superbowl but I wont rule out the Jags...either way the Packers win, Brett get the MVP then retires. Going out on top.

Don't worry Pats fans they'll win it next year.

Glad Marten has some balls. But he doesn't need to use them to teabag rabid animals for not thinking straight. Animal control is much easier.

Leinad

« Reply #32 on: 07 Jan 2008, 13:52 »

@Maz: I totally agree. Jacksonville will make NE their bitches, for sure. I have been cheering for the Patriots since they BLEW THE CHARGERS TO PIECES in the playoffs, and I have always had a soft spot for them. Just cause they are cool. Also, I really want to see Brady do well. He is totally my hero, I mean, how many people can say they got two super-models pregnant at the same time? That's what I thought.

But game wise, here is why the Jags will beat the Pats:

Everytime someone has stepped up to the Pats and brought a smash-mouth game, running the ball north and south, and especially draws and outside handoffs, the Pats have struggled. They were made to bea the Colts, so don't try passing, and they are too big in the box to run straight at them. So run the edges, and I mean absolutely work it. Set up a passing game for yourself, but don't rely on it, and they will be going after your QB. Once that happens run ALOT of draws. They get so much penetration it's not funny, so draws. Then mix it with a few off tackle runs, and you will get lot's of yards. Just bring it to them all day, run early, run often, and by the fourth quarter Vrabel, Bruschi and Seau (also known as the Linebackers of the Stone Age) will be so tired they won't stop a single thing. I predict 38-28, Jacksonville.

CmonMiracle

« Reply #33 on: 07 Jan 2008, 14:14 »

Beating the Giants isn't the same as 'winning it all'. But you're right, if there's anything that strikes fear into the hearts of opposing defenses, it's Marion Barber.

And to hell with you, we drafted the Defensive Rookie of the Year last time. Better than anyone the Cowboys got.

Yeah, because you guys were so awesome on defense...

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down
« Reply #34 on: 07 Jan 2008, 14:18 »

I guess this is revenge for the cricket thread huh? At least I kind of understand cricket.

Go Redskins
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Narr

« Reply #35 on: 07 Jan 2008, 16:40 »

Pats are going to lose to the Jags, Cowboys might beat NY but if they do they still have to face The Packers and I don't see Farve losing to the cowboys twice.The cowboys and the Pats are both playing poor football right now...I mean the pats almost lost eli manning....Peyton maybe but eli? I really hope that the colts beat the crap out of the chargers...Phillip Rivers is cocky asshole and i really want him to get his ass served on a plate. I am predicting a Packers/Colts Superbowl but I wont rule out the Jags...either way the Packers win, Brett get the MVP then retires. Going out on top.

Don't worry Pats fans they'll win it next year.
I don't get how anyone could underestimate the Pats at this point.  That is probably Jacksonville's biggest help going into next week's game, to be honest, because they know they have to bring their A game and then some.  The Jags won't be able to beat New England if they played like they did against Pittsburgh, either.  If it wasn't for two huge, monumental interceptions in that first half, the Steelers had Jacksonville's number.

@ Leinad:  They're old but the only one of those 3 that ever seems to get tired is Seau.  I don't know how Vrabel and Bruschi do it.  I do agree that the Jags need to keep New England's offense off the field, though, which is why running the ball will be paramount.

Even if Jacksonville somehow manages to defeat Perfection®, they won't get past the Colts.  Indianapolis has had Jacksonville's number for a long time, and I don't see that changing any time soon.  They trounced the Jags twice already in the regular season THIS YEAR, something they've seem to have done for a number of years now.

thegreatbuddha

« Reply #36 on: 08 Jan 2008, 00:02 »

OSU got fucked by the refs. Pulling back the OSU TD was just a plain bad call, and the roughing the kicker penalty displays that that rule needs to be amended.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Paav

« Reply #37 on: 08 Jan 2008, 11:36 »

Dude, I'm a Big Ten homer and was trying to convince myself of something positive that came from that game, but there's just nothing. OSU got handled. That's it. LSU scored whenever the hell they wanted. Don't blame the refs, LSU was better by 20 points, garbage time touchdowns be damned.

PS- I hope Brett Favre and the Packers and all of Lambeau Field are swallowed into the fiery pits of hell. The Vikings may have never won the Super Bowl, but at least they haven't had to play half their games in Milwaukee just to get people to watch them (the 1980's).
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2008, 12:54 by Paav »

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #38 on: 09 Jan 2008, 02:20 »

I don't see Farve losing to the cowboys twice.

Favre has NEVER beaten the Cowboys in Dallas.  Your theory fails.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Packers to beat Dallas and their Simpson-sniffing QB, but I had to point out that glaring error.

They get so much penetration it's not funny,

Clipped for pure toilet humor.
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #39 on: 09 Jan 2008, 04:52 »

You think Moss will retire if the Pats win?  I highly doubt that.  In fact, if they win it all, he'll probably stick around in the league as long as Jerry Rice did because he'll always be able to go "I'm a super bowl caliber wide reciever, my team will always win" even if they suck it up.

And I think everyone on the Pats already realizes their careers cannot get any better than it is right now.  They seem the type to try and ride it for as long as possible, though.  Look at how LONG they've been on top of the league.  Even when they're not the #1 team, they beat the #1 team in the playoffs.

Yeah I thought about that and you're probably right.

So now it's different, the Pats are going to lose to the Jags this weekend, who will lose to the Colts next weekend, who will beat the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Good though Brett Favre may be, Peyton Manning is my boy.  As much as I love the Redskins, the Colts make up like half my fantasy lineup year in, year out.

Go Redskins

Doesn't it feel good?  C'mon, let it out.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #40 on: 09 Jan 2008, 08:26 »

To be fair, the other day I saw Tom Brady turn a clay pigeon into a live pigeon and then throw it two hundred yards in a perfect spiral.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

CmonMiracle

« Reply #41 on: 09 Jan 2008, 08:34 »

And Randy Moss, TB's throwing arm man, catches it for touchdown 24-30!

Narr

« Reply #42 on: 09 Jan 2008, 11:40 »

Should we take predictions on the scores of the coming games?  I've always been terrible at it but i mean... it's fun.

Paav

« Reply #43 on: 09 Jan 2008, 11:47 »

Patriots 28 - Jaguars 17
Colts 24 - Chargers 10
Cowboys 35 - Giants 20
Seahawks 31 - Packers 27

Don't know if anyone other than Narr wanted this but I thought it sounded fun as well. I pretty much suck at this, or god hates me so don't be surprised if these all go completely opposite.

Mazlow01

• Plantmonster
  • Taxes are not levied for the benefit of the taxed
    • myspace page
« Reply #44 on: 09 Jan 2008, 12:39 »

Jags 28 pats 24
Colts 27 Chargers 10
Giants 24 cowboys 21
Packers 31 seahawks 13

Glad Marten has some balls. But he doesn't need to use them to teabag rabid animals for not thinking straight. Animal control is much easier.

Narr

« Reply #45 on: 09 Jan 2008, 16:42 »

Colts - 24, Chargers - 23.  (Inverse of their regular season game!)
Pats - 34, Jags - 24
Giants - 21, Cowboys - 17  (Cowboy O has been playing like crap for a few weeks now and Romo thinks he can get away with going on vacation instead of sticking to their guns.  Giants are totally going to win.)
Packers - 28, Seahawks - 12

Leinad

« Reply #46 on: 09 Jan 2008, 22:11 »

While it's true that Bruschi and Vrabel are more or less the gods of Linebacking and don't get tired, they rarely make it to the edge fast enough to stop plays. They will stop anything in the box, but other than that, forget it. I really don't think that the Jags will win, nor do I want them to, I am just saying they have the best chance of anyone. What I really think will happen is this:

The Jags will come out determined to play smashmouth football, and run it like crazy, but they won't attack the edges enough, or will throw to many screens, which plays in NE's hands big time. Then they will try to pass which lead to three sacks and an interception by halftime. The New England offense will barely be on the field, but only because the Jags secondary is not good enough. They will be helped by the predicted horrible weather, but it won't be enough. Halftime score will be 21-6.

Second half goes the same as the first, but with more interceptions by the Pats, more sacks by the Pats, and the final score will be 45-20.

BobJoeJim

« Reply #47 on: 10 Jan 2008, 03:12 »

Green Bay 24, Seattle 17
New England 31, Jacksonville 17
Indianapolis 27, San Diego 17
Dallas 27, New York 20

Or so the pointspreads and over/unders would suggest :p

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #48 on: 10 Jan 2008, 05:35 »

Vrabel

I don't care how good of a linebacker he is, every catch the man has made was for a touchdown.

He has ten catches, ten touchdowns on his career. He's a linebacker.

this doesn't happen.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #49 on: 10 Jan 2008, 06:37 »

It does when you're Mike fucking Vrabel.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up