Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emo  (Read 97561 times)

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit
Re: Emo
« Reply #150 on: 28 Apr 2008, 10:51 »

Wasn't this the board that coined the phrase Anti-Pop for current wave 'emo' acts?  Something to that degree, at least. It was very creative and pushed the term Emo out of the description.

patto

« Reply #151 on: 28 Apr 2008, 23:15 »

Daitro, if only i could speak french.

they are more screamo but i love the dissonance they employ in their music.

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #152 on: 29 Apr 2008, 09:28 »

suprisingly we've also gone this long without mentioning indian summer.

Nah, Indian Summer were one of the reasons this thread was started. A pack of wolves (every time I read one of your posts it makes me want to listen to that song, by the way) and some others were uploading some pretty awesome emo stuff in the Mediafire thread and decided to make a thread about it.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #153 on: 29 Apr 2008, 09:51 »

It is a good song, I have a habit of singing it under my breath when I'm wandering about. And I'd forgotten that was why this whole thread got started.

Ah, Daïtro. I have much love for the Frenchmo, Daïtro's vocals have that raw edge that I absolutely love and their side of the Raein split 10" is just so damn epic (shame that Raein are pretty weak). They've perfected the whole sway thing there, even when they tone the music down it's hard not to move to it and it's just so catchy and melodic. It's like they're reaching over into indie rock and stealing bits to be filtered through screamo and it all works so well.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

frunK

« Reply #154 on: 03 May 2008, 07:03 »

Emo is a damn good reason why DC should be nuked.
That and all the whities who run the world are there.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #155 on: 06 May 2008, 14:31 »

Holy fucking shit... Portraits of Past are reforming! They're playing four shows in the US this summer when the discography cd comes out. I'm not normally that big on reunions, but somehow the prospect of this being a proper reformation and not just some reunion shows has me pretty excited. I'd definitely head out to see them if they crossed the pond.

Also, Violent Breakfast are pretty ridiculously amazing and refusing to leave my turntable a bit. What's up with that whole correlation between proximity to the Mediterranean and the excellence of the screamo?
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #156 on: 07 May 2008, 00:14 »

What?! I am going to beat them with a stick if they don't come around Europe..

...Who calls so loud? is excellent too, even though they have a shitty name.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #157 on: 07 May 2008, 04:29 »

Wasn't this the board that coined the phrase Anti-Pop for current wave 'emo' acts?  Something to that degree, at least. It was very creative and pushed the term Emo out of the description.

i beleive the term was de-pop..i think it may have popped up on gabbly first as well...oh well...out of interest who did resurrect this and why?
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #158 on: 07 May 2008, 06:12 »

I always prefered "mainstreamo" or "mainstream-core".
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Mr. Mojo

« Reply #159 on: 13 May 2008, 18:39 »

I just wanna say, this thread has given me an infinite amount of lulz. Thank you all.

nigralovecadillac

« Reply #160 on: 13 May 2008, 18:41 »

everything you need to know about emo you can learn from three bands:

Weezer
Smashing Pumpkins
Queen

You my friend are an asshole, what could you possibly find emo about queen? dude you got hit by the clueless train one to many times

frunK

« Reply #161 on: 25 May 2008, 09:40 »

I shall digress from my previous comment.
The only half decent emo band is HIM.
And if any of you give me that "Love Metal" bullshit I swear I will destroy you with the force of Slepnir's hoof kicking you in the crotch.
1. "Love Metal" was the name of an album him put out and was unhread of before it came out, that's like giving yourself a nickname. You don't just go around suddenly telling people to call you "The Duke".
2. There are no other love metal bands, a genre of 1 band is not a genre.
3. Him is not even close to metal, show me at least three mind blowing endless guitar, bass, or drum solos from HIM and I might reconsider.
4. there is nothing loving about metal you panty-waists! you want love in your metal? Listen to a ballad!
But... for an emo band they are pretty damn good... there's one!

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #162 on: 25 May 2008, 09:57 »

HIM are not an emo band at all. If you go to www.fourfa.com you can get a rundown on what the kind of music we're talking about in this thread is all about.

frunK

« Reply #163 on: 25 May 2008, 10:03 »

HIM are not an emo band at all. If you go to www.fourfa.com you can get a rundown on what the kind of music we're talking about in this thread is all about.
If they're not emo then the next wave of emo will sound very much like HIM.
And how do you explain all the emos who listen to them? In my opinion Emo fans = Emo. Yes I do consider Johnny Cash punk by this standard.

frunK

« Reply #164 on: 25 May 2008, 10:10 »

HURF DURF HURRRRRRRR YES I LUV LOVE METAL IT IS SO AWESOME IT MAKES ME SPOOGE RAZOR BLADES BUT DON'T CALL IT EMO OR I'LL HAVE AN EMO SPAZZ ON YOU

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #165 on: 25 May 2008, 10:24 »

The emo bands discussed in this thread are part of a genre that came out of the Washington DC hardcore scene. They have nothing to do with the pop bands that have had the word emo attached to them by marketing executives as a promotional tactic, and anyone who refers to themselves as an emo almost certainly listens to these pop bands rather than the music this thread is about. They have nothing in common. So for the purposes of this thread;
Not emo: Bullet For My Valentine, HIM, Panic At The Disco, My Chemical Romance.
Emo: Rites of Spring, Moss Icon, Embrace, The Hated.

pinkpiche

• The German Chancellory building
« Reply #166 on: 25 May 2008, 10:50 »

This is so perfect for the term: neverending fight.
"Yeah, they're always biting my shit you know how that goes"

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #167 on: 25 May 2008, 14:03 »

Sounds fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up