THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 22:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Death of Heath Ledger  (Read 37275 times)

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
Re: Death of Heath Ledger
« Reply #50 on: 23 Jan 2008, 02:05 »

When it comes down to it I think that he was a good actor who made some shitty films. But he also made some really good ones (check out Two Hands). It's sad when anyone dies but this feels more relevant to me because I liked even his crappy films. Ah well.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

doki

« Reply #51 on: 23 Jan 2008, 02:43 »

[img width= height=]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4599/ledgerwestboroko2.png[/img]

So angry right now!
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2008, 02:49 by doki »

Spinless

« Reply #52 on: 23 Jan 2008, 03:35 »

That church is just one crazy man who successfully brainwashed most of his family into loud, shouting zombies. That, a lot like a mans death, is a terrible tragedy. Everytime I hear about the WBC, I just take a deep breath, relax and think to myself "Some members of that family got out. They escaped that insanity."
This makes me feel better and gives me hope for the future.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #53 on: 23 Jan 2008, 05:36 »

I'm pretty certain his funeral's going to be in Australia. I'd like to see those arseholes fucking try it here.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #54 on: 23 Jan 2008, 05:42 »

Holy fuck. what kind of grade A cunt would picket someone's funeral, or even think about it.
that makes me feel physically sick.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

Spinless

« Reply #55 on: 23 Jan 2008, 05:54 »

Personally, I'd LOVE to see them attempt to picket a funeral in Australia, and be quickly arrested. Unfortunately (fortunately?) they'll never get into the country.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #56 on: 23 Jan 2008, 06:39 »

Because he was in a movie, a rather good movie actually, and his character was gay makes him rot in hell. I honestly don't know where they get these things. I don't think those people have brains, common sense, or any form of empathy whatsoever. That's just as stupid as picketing soldier's funerals and saying they deserved what they got because of our heathen country.

But whatever about that.

As for his death, the CNN article said that the pills found near him were OTC sleeping pills. If he was having trouble sleeping, maybe he just accidentally took too many. I find it hard to think about him committing suicide, but I can see the sense of having sleeping problems after playing the Joker, if he's one of those actors who actually tries to become the person he's acting, which it appears he was.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #57 on: 23 Jan 2008, 06:50 »

These asses do that crap all the time. This attention grab is brought to you by the same twat who wanted to have a statue erected at the spot Matthew Shephard died to commemorate his "entrance into Hell." I was actually planning to attend a free hugs rally that was being staged outside of a Boston Church a few months ago, but the guy didn't even show up anyway.

The best way to handle people like him is to drown him out with something positive or just ignore him entirely. Once he's dead, his church will quickly slip even further into irrelevance.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #58 on: 23 Jan 2008, 06:50 »

I think I just died a little inside myself, reading that flyer.
Bigots make me sad, and angry.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #59 on: 23 Jan 2008, 07:26 »

Before I read that flier I was vaguely saddened by the death of a man I would never have met anyway. I was also a little worried that this will probably delay the release of Dark Knight. Now I'm just pissed and want to beat those guys. I don't believe in heaven or hell but I sure as fuck believe in showing a little fucking respect to the dead no matter what you think of their choices as professionals let alone their choices as private individuals. I would hope that if they tried that shit here there would be a riot. I would also like to think that the police would make only a perfunctory attempt at control but this might be wishful thinking.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #60 on: 23 Jan 2008, 08:00 »

Holy fuck. what kind of grade A cunt would picket someone's funeral, or even think about it.

These Fucks

and these Fucks

I mean, hell, look at the first image.  Those Fucks are making children, who look to be under the age of 10 holding these signs. 
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #61 on: 23 Jan 2008, 08:13 »

There's a guy that comes to our campus every year and makes his 8-year-old son hand out flyers of aborted fetuses.  It makes me sick.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

SusurrusIgnoramus

• Furry furrier
  • Up yours, Mr. Bear!
« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2008, 08:57 »

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jpzdve6RF9k9My1ItZGj3eRprEEwD8UBLHA00

Ledger said in an interview in November that "Dark Knight" and last year's "I'm Not There," took a heavy toll. He said he "stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour.

"Liquor doesn't punch holes in walls, you just hate your dad."

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #63 on: 23 Jan 2008, 09:50 »

There's a guy that comes to our campus every year and makes his 8-year-old son hand out flyers of aborted fetuses.  It makes me sick.

Wow, the kid's 8 every year?

Magiiiiiiiiiic.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

OrigNES

• Plantmonster
« Reply #64 on: 23 Jan 2008, 10:24 »

Sad I hear about it on my way home from work yesterday then read about that damn church and their plans today.
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it. " - Edgar Allan Poe

Dasota

• Not quite a lurker
  • It's not easy being green and hyped up on crank
« Reply #65 on: 23 Jan 2008, 10:37 »

He took two Ambien pills and only slept for an hour or two? Seriously? My mom used to take that stuff and it messed her up real bad. I can definately see how this was an accidentl overdose if he was only sleeping that much at a whack.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #66 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:05 »

i'm pretty sure that in Britain the WBC would be arrested for pulling that sort of shit (or at the very least moved on).

its funny, because those are the same people who attack islamic fundamentalists for their extreme views. some people have absolutely no ability to look at their lives objectively.

the sleeping pills hypothesis is looking very likely at the moment.
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #67 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:09 »

It should be mentioned that the less sleep you get, the more prone your organs are to failing.  Quite a few meth addicts have gone on binges lasting several weeks and now rely on dialysis because their kidney's have stopped working.  I imagine a lot of sleep deprivation would probably weaken your heart, so even if he did take more than the recommended amount of Ambien, there may have been other factors.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Narr

« Reply #68 on: 23 Jan 2008, 11:57 »

You know, I was wondering when the extreme fundies were going to get out of their bomb shelters/trailers and claim Ledger died as an act of God in retaliation to his role in Brokeback Mountain.

To them, I would ask a few questions.  #1: Why now instead of back when that movie was even relevant?  The media has largely moved past the film and what it "stood for."  #2:  Why just him and not any of the other actors or directors that played a part in the making of the film?  #3: Why an actor that portrayed a gay man rather than actual openly gay or lesbian actors and actresses?

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #69 on: 23 Jan 2008, 12:04 »

because theyre openly gay. but a straight person pretending to be gay?

BLASPHEMY I TELL YE!
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #70 on: 23 Jan 2008, 12:35 »

Stress and insufficient sleep is a vicious cycle; as SAD and others with various conditions can tell you, it's often really hard to tell where depression stops and sleep deprivation begins.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #71 on: 23 Jan 2008, 12:35 »

Also, in the flyer they claim he is already in Hell (which they confirmed how?), so how does it make any sense to go to his funeral and just add insult to injury, so to speak? Crazy, people, I tell you. As a Christian who is not a member of the WBC, I will be praying for his family.

This death is one of the strangest things I've heard in a while, especially the supposed link between his death and his role as the Joker. It's definitely going to make the movie way more effective, because think of how creepy it will be to see him on the screen all made up...

VisualRhetoricProject

« Reply #72 on: 23 Jan 2008, 12:52 »

He was cute.  He won't be anymore, unless he's embalmed soon.

Paav

« Reply #73 on: 23 Jan 2008, 13:01 »

I enjoyed him as an actor and being of a similar age this hits closer than I like. It's just awful to think about his daughter.

The WBC has actually been the motivation for many towns and counties around the US to pass laws prohibiting protesting within a certain distance of a funeral. It's pretty much just an extended family of religious wack jobs from Kansas. They sure do push my belief in freedom of speech.

UnidentifiedFlyingCupcake

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #74 on: 23 Jan 2008, 17:45 »

It's so sad. Like (almost) all of you said... so young, such potential, such a loss for his family. Thoughts and prayers to them.

On a related note, it gives me a little bit of hope to come here and see a bunch of people who have a rational, compassionate, human outlook on this. The last couple of days all I've heard was either girls completely freaking out because they think it's such a tragedy because he's so hot, or people saying "screw him; thousands of other people die every day; why should I care; he was an idiot." Thank you, QC forumites, for being reasonable and empathetic human beings.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
« Reply #75 on: 23 Jan 2008, 18:06 »

Oh my god what is this post.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #76 on: 23 Jan 2008, 19:10 »

Poorly executed nonsensical babble that is misconstrued for crap?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Ben yayayayayayayay

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • You are so handsome. You are my friend.
« Reply #77 on: 23 Jan 2008, 19:12 »

This all reminds me of Brandon Lee's death.

THE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED
If you fight fire with fire, you will just make a bigger fire. Yes.
But if you fight fire with crystals, and ice bulbs, you will put the fire out and the crystals will turn to diamonds!

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #78 on: 23 Jan 2008, 19:34 »

Someone apparently thought this was the Something Awful forums.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

captain zoe

« Reply #79 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:28 »

You should just check out their website, that's enough to make you puke.  They picket soldier's funerals and were planning on doing it at the Virginia Tech funerals, I don't know if I did.  They're grade-A psychos. 

Heath could kick their asses though. 

I heard the thing about the Dark Night and how it (playing Joker) was affecting him this morning on the news.  That's kind of upsetting that something like that may have gotten to him.  I hope it wasn't the reason for all of this.  Sad to see such a bright and upcoming talent leave so soon. 

BekkahJane24

« Reply #80 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:29 »

I met Heath Ledger once, in passing. I was just one of those Nameless Anonymous Faces. I was visiting my friend at work, and he was being ushered to his seat in the cinema and had to go through the regular rigmarole of having his ticket checked. He was super polite and nice. Very cool about me being in his way. So, as with everyone else, yes, I'm definitely praising this forum :)

Since news of it broke here yesterday, I've been running around like a blue-ass-fly telling people not to speculate. To speculate is to assume.. blah blah blah. And to top it all off, I've gotten nearly every possible Brokeback Mountain + Heath Ledger joke sent to me via text message possible. So not funny.

Reading peoples' views on this matter, views that are respectful and clearly educated (some of them anyway), has made me go "Yay for Humanity!" It's nice to know that there are more people in this world with compassion and empathy then my circle of aquaintences.

Although, that flier made me so angry, still makes me so angry. Words... there are no words to describe how it makes me feel.

Nodaisho

« Reply #81 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:34 »

They tried to picket a funeral of a soldier in... Denver, I think. The local bikers society, along with some police, and some non-lunatic Christians, came, just planning to hold up bedsheets on broomsticks to make it impossible for the funeral-goers to see the protesters. Don't know why, but I remember reading that the protesters never even got within a block of the funeral. I would like to think that the bikers had something to do with that, but the police presence makes me think that unlikely.

Sometimes I wish that someone would hasten Phelps' death, probably not something I should be wishing, but I am tired of those fucktards getting all this press time.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #82 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:44 »

Oh come on, it was pretty funny. Not the most sensitive post, but it's true.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #83 on: 23 Jan 2008, 20:52 »

Orbert, you should never post ever again.

The consequences will be dire...

BekkahJane24

« Reply #84 on: 24 Jan 2008, 03:37 »

The WBC funeral picketing is a prime example where I would not mind common sense going above the law at all. Were I a police officer and I saw a biker gang fucking them up with brass knuckles I would look the other way.

:) I totally wouldn't be adverse to offering "constructive criticism" either. Phone books, pillowcases... enjoy...

What gets me is, sure, believe in what you want to believe in, but, why aren't they taking into consideration that his CHILD will more then likely be there, that the mother of said child, will be there. I would really enjoy a small group of people to do the same to them while they're grieving, heck, I'd love to be up front in a group that does that. Watch how fast they jump up and down about people not respecting their right to grieve in private.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #85 on: 24 Jan 2008, 07:07 »

Sometimes I wish that someone would hasten Phelps' death, probably not something I should be wishing, but I am tired of those fucktards getting all this press time.

There has to be mass picketing at his funeral.  I will travel to wherever it is held to participate in that.

EDIT: Actually, in theory, it's poetic justice, but in practice, I think it would be a bit mean-spirited and would sink to their level too much for my liking.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2008, 07:11 by ImRonBurgundy? »
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #86 on: 24 Jan 2008, 08:39 »

Orbert, you should never post ever again.

The consequences will be dire...

:evil:
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #87 on: 24 Jan 2008, 11:18 »

Fuck.  You ruined it!!!!

You are a horrible person and you should feel bad.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #88 on: 24 Jan 2008, 11:34 »

The WBC funeral picketing is a prime example where I would not mind common sense going above the law at all. Were I a police officer and I saw a biker gang fucking them up with brass knuckles I would look the other way.

Actually the Biker gang is a bunch of Veterans, many from Vietnam.  They come from all walks of life, republican, democrat, etc.  and at the two funerals I was at, there were no fights.  The ones I met all seemed like really good guys.

Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #89 on: 24 Jan 2008, 11:54 »

While Dissy's post seems to be hinting at them, it's not very clear: there is actually a group of bikers that attends these funerals simoutlaneously and offers, free of charge, to essentially stand between the WBC protesters and the funeral in an effort to essentially block them out and allot the family a modicum of privacy.
JON MADE ME GAY

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #90 on: 24 Jan 2008, 13:01 »

They are doing God's work

The bikers, of course

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #91 on: 24 Jan 2008, 14:48 »

Fuck.  You ruined it!!!!

I no longer have any idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to stop posting.

In this thread, that is.

Trillian

• Furry furrier
« Reply #92 on: 24 Jan 2008, 15:03 »

Magiiiiiiiiiic.

This made me giggle, and is now my favourite part of this thread. 

And this is possibly the best thing Michael Moore has ever done.  I am not really a fan, but this is one thing I support wholeheartedly.  It is kind of a big "fuck you" to Fred Phelps (who is now dead and obviously in heaven for his good work here on earth).

Code: [Select]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u3F4n_t2Mw
While Dissy's post seems to be hinting at them, it's not very clear: there is actually a group of bikers that attends these funerals simoutlaneously and offers, free of charge, to essentially stand between the WBC protesters and the funeral in an effort to essentially block them out and allot the family a modicum of privacy.
They are called The Patriot Guard Riders!  There website may be found here: http://www.patriotguard.org/ 
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2008, 15:16 by Trillian »
Quote from: zerodrone
When we form our cuddlecore band, can we be like The Kills and get as close to having sex onstage as legally possible?

Last.fm

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #93 on: 24 Jan 2008, 15:07 »

Magiiiiiiiiiic.

Or a sliding comic book timeline. Spider-Man's been twenty-five since like 1986.
JON MADE ME GAY

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #94 on: 24 Jan 2008, 16:19 »

Fuck.  You ruined it!!!!

I no longer have any idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to stop posting.

In this thread, that is.

He was talking about your postcount, which when he told you to stop posting was at 666.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #95 on: 24 Jan 2008, 17:51 »

used to frequent

Good decisions, all around

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #96 on: 24 Jan 2008, 18:08 »

At a forum I used to frequent, one of the mods stopped posting when he hit 1337 and communicated only through editing other peoples' posts.

Hmm . . .

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #97 on: 24 Jan 2008, 19:20 »

That would have been a capital idea

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #98 on: 24 Jan 2008, 22:07 »

In a forum I frequented for awhile, there were transient threads that didn't affect postcounts when posted in, and some guy hit 666 and would routinely derail the transient threads because he wanted to talk about topics that were covered in non-transient threads. The mods banned him. Those mods were close to my heart. If people bitched at them they'd switch out avatars with pictures of diseased genitalia.

So yeah, I think we're pretty off-topic right now.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

BekkahJane24

« Reply #99 on: 25 Jan 2008, 02:08 »

LoL. Nudging this back on topic...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371907

For anyone that didn't catch A Current Affair tonight here in Australia, here ya go.

I would just LOVE for him to come here now. I can see it clearly in my head. FINALLY, as one nation, we'll stand up and do something together, whole-heartedly. LoL.

But seriously, this man just has no respect for ANYONE, how is it he's been allowed to live all this while, and yet, talented people, people who actually make a difference in this world, like Heath Ledger, get taken away so abruptly, when they have so muh to live for.

- In an aside, I now am desperately wanting an "I'm A Sodomite, And Proud Of It." T-shirt to wear around that wanker if ever....  :evil:
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2008, 02:17 by BekkahJane24 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up